All Things Ohio Golf

hazebronso

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1324688244' post='3981399']
[quote name='break80consistently' timestamp='1324684169' post='3981201']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1324678084' post='3980875']
[quote name='break80consistently' timestamp='1324669013' post='3980447']
You have a pretty good list there. I have played 7 of them (in order of my favorites): Fowlers, Good Park, Turkeyfoot, Ellsworth, Shale Creek, Blue Heron and Loyal Oak. I would skip Loyal Oak (Loyal Joke) and skip Blue Heron because the conditions are suffering as a result of them running low on money (so I've been told). Fowlers is a clear #1 IMO and Good Park, Turkeyfoot and Ellsworth are all very good. Shale Creek is okay, but overrated IMO. I heard conditions at Shaker Run are not very good anymore.

My NE Ohio Playlist for 2012 is Quarry, Boulder, Avalon Lakes, Eagle Creek, Sanctuary, Firestone Farms and Kennsington. That would allow me to complete the top 20 at GolfClevelandOhio.com - 13 down, 7 to go. By the way, GCO is a great website and usually very accurate with their ratings.

[url="http://golfclevelandohio.com/G2003-main.htm"]http://golfcleveland.../G2003-main.htm[/url]
[/quote]
The only reason Loyal Oak is on the list is because it's within 30 minutes of my house and I'm trying to play every public course(and privates' that I can find a way to get on to) within that distance from me.

I was out at The Sanctuary yesterday hitting some balls around. I just took my 7 Iron and 9 Iron out and played a few holes up to the green. Nice course. I've played there many times. Let me know if you want to play it sometime next season and I'd gladly join ya.
[/quote]
That sounds good. I will let you know if I ever make it down there. That is over an hour from my house on the west side of Cleveland, but I hope to play it in 2012. You have some solid courses down in your neck of the woods. What other courses have you played near North Canton that you like?

Have you ever played Rawiga? They just went public a few years and it is a very nice course. Also, Hawks Nest is a pretty good course. Both those course are in the Seville/Creston area, so about 35 miles from North Canton.
[/quote]Ok sweet. My favorites around here are probably The Sanctuary GC, Mayfair CC, Sable Creek GC , Raintree CC, and Seven Hills CC. I've still yet to play The Quarry which is killing me! :shout: Next year in the Ohio Outing it will be my first time playing there.

Never been to Rawiga and I've heard alot of good things about Hawks Nest. Never played either though. This year was my third year playing so I haven't had much exposure to courses except those within about a half hour of here. 22 of the 26 courses I've played are within a half hour of me. I'm gonna make that change next year. ;)
[/quote]

Sable Creek... great course.. played it this past November... well worth the drive from Cleveland...

Ping G20 Driver: 9.5 Degree
Cobra S9-1: 5 Wood
Callaway Heavenwood Hybrid: 20 & 23
Ping G5 Irons: 5-9, PW, UW, SW
Ping Karsten Putter: Anser
Ping Tour Wedge 58°

[quote name='break80consistently' timestamp='1324669089' post='3980455']
Played yesterday at Washington Park and shot 31!!! :partytime2:

Par is 29, though! :cheesy:
[/quote]

Thats a great course.. humbles all the big hitters...

Ping Tour Wedge 58°

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1326765424' post='4096435']
[quote name='dm289' timestamp='1326765168' post='4096403']
Sable Creek... great course.. played it this past November... well worth the drive from Cleveland...
[/quote]
For sure. 27 holes that never get old. One of my favorites in the area.
[/quote]

I only played 18... Maroon / Gold... gives me a reason to go back

Ping Tour Wedge 58°

Nice thread to find. Me and a buddy have played every weekend since mid-November down here near Cincy. It's my 10th winter here since moving from out West and this one is the mellowest yet. Last winter was brutal.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

[quote name='dm289' timestamp='1326765969' post='4096505']
[/quote]
Give me a day and a time and I'll be right there with ya!

[quote name='1big_whipper'] Nice thread to find. Me and a buddy have played every weekend since mid-November down here near Cincy. It's my 10th winter here since moving from out West and this one is the mellowest yet. Last winter was brutal.[/quote]
Ah man...I should've hooked up with you when I was down in Cincy for New Years with the family. I played Sharon Woods and Eagles' Nest when I was down there.

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1326768119' post='4096753']
you really playin somewhere tomorrow? let me know where and when if you get a definite plan. email me.
[/quote]
I'll probably go out to my home course and take my 7 iron and PW out and play a couple "half-holes". I'm going out to the sports dome in Jackson around 2pm to throw the ol baseball around and start getting the arm loose for baseball season. Then I'm going to workout at the gym so I probably won't be able to get out to the course until at least 4pm which only gives me about an hour to whack some balls around. The one winter day it's supposed to be really nice out I've got a jam packed schedule...:angry22:

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1326770043' post='4096947']
[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1326768119' post='4096753']
you really playin somewhere tomorrow? let me know where and when if you get a definite plan. email me.
[/quote]
I'll probably go out to my home course and take my 7 iron and PW out and play a couple "half-holes". I'm going out to the sports dome in Jackson around 2pm to throw the ol baseball around and start getting the arm loose for baseball season. Then I'm going to workout at the gym so I probably won't be able to get out to the course until at least 4pm which only gives me about an hour to whack some balls around. The one winter day it's supposed to be really nice out I've got a jam packed schedule...:angry22:
[/quote]

You Tease

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I hit a pitching wedge 423 yards this afternoon!!!!!!

wind.jpg

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

[quote name='dm289' timestamp='1326765969' post='4096505']
[/quote]
Give me a day and a time and I'll be right there with ya!

Once the weather breaks... hope this year isn't like last year... I can't wait to June again for the courses to dry out...

Ping Tour Wedge 58°

Yeah it is crazy windy out there. But my weather app said it was 59 freaking degrees this afternoon! That has to be close to a record IMO. Very strange stuff to start 2012. Maybe the Mayan's were right! If So i had better get a freaking Ace next season.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

It's starting to look more like January now. Got pounded with snow tonight :angry2: and I went over the curb and nailed a road sign. Somehow though, their is literally no damage to my car. I drive a Ford Escape. I was pulling out of the school parking lot and came around a turn a little to fast, lost control and went up over the curb and hit some sign. Knocked it down and bent it all up. Luckily, nobody saw it so I just threw it in reverse and booked it the hell out of there. I have no clue how, but my car is perfectly fine. The front fender by the license plate has a small crack it in and is hardly noticable. It's a good thing I hit the sign or I would've been all the way down a hill in a fence.

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1327025337' post='4121575']
It's starting to look more like January now. Got pounded with snow tonight :angry2: and I went over the curb and nailed a road sign. Somehow though, their is literally no damage to my car. I drive a Ford Escape. I was pulling out of the school parking lot and came around a turn a little to fast, lost control and went up over the curb and hit some sign. Knocked it down and bent it all up. Luckily, nobody saw it so I just threw it in reverse and booked it the hell out of there. I have no clue how, but my car is perfectly fine. The front fender by the license plate has a small crack it in and is hardly noticable. It's a good thing I hit the sign or I would've been all the way down a hill in a fence.

[/quote]

haha thats awful, glad no one was hurt and there was no damage.... Last night I was late for a workout so I blasted out of my driveway (we only had a inch or 2 in Columbus) I drive an A4 and the first time it snows I always forget that while Quattro is a beast and can get you started in everything it doesnt help slow you down at all... so was I come out of the garage a little quicker than normal i see a car coming down the road.. hit the brakes and absolutely nothing... slide down the hill into the middle of the road... luckily my neighbor had saw me coming and was already stopped

That made me quickly realize not to drive like a jackass lol

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1327195839' post='4132107']
Can anyone who has played EagleSticks help me out? I've heard alot of mixed reviews on the course. Some love it, some say they hate it. It's almost two hours from me so I'm not sure I want to make the drive there next season unless it's worth it. :help:

[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn't drive 2 hours just to play Eagle Sticks. I don't think its worth the hour long drive from Columbus. I have played there each of the last two summers and have been terribly unimpressed.

That being said a lot of people think it is a great track. So idk maybe it's just me. Longaberger would worth the drive though.

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1327202721' post='4132667']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1327195839' post='4132107']
Can anyone who has played EagleSticks help me out? I've heard alot of mixed reviews on the course. Some love it, some say they hate it. It's almost two hours from me so I'm not sure I want to make the drive there next season unless it's worth it. :help:

[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn't drive 2 hours just to play Eagle Sticks. I don't think its worth the hour long drive from Columbus. I have played there each of the last two summers and have been terribly unimpressed.

That being said a lot of people think it is a great track. So idk maybe it's just me. Longaberger would worth the drive though.
[/quote]
Ok, thanks man. I'm thinking about doing the "9 Stars of Golf" Package and it includes a round at both EagleSticks and Longaberger along with an overnight stay and breakfast in the morning for $158.50 if you do it Monday-Thursday. Do you think it's worth it? It would cost $46 to play at EagleSticks and $79 at Longaberger without the package. So basically the overnight stay and breakfast is just $33.50.

If you are doing the 9 stars of golf package and are going to go with some buddies, then I'm sure you will have fun. Longaberger is a great track and is definetly worth it. If you are gonna be in the area then you might as well play Eagle Sticks.

Don't get me wrong, Eagle Sticks isn't a bad course, it's just not worth going way out of the way to play (again, in my opinion). But if you are going to be there already to play Longaberger then I would definetly do it.

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1327245898' post='4134049']
If you are doing the 9 stars of golf package and are going to go with some buddies, then I'm sure you will have fun. Longaberger is a great track and is definetly worth it. If you are gonna be in the area then you might as well play Eagle Sticks.

Don't get me wrong, Eagle Sticks isn't a bad course, it's just not worth going way out of the way to play (again, in my opinion). But if you are going to be there already to play Longaberger then I would definetly do it.
[/quote]
Alright, sweet man. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how close in proximity the two courses are? Also, do you know anything about the hotel and overnight stay details?

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1327366888' post='4142521']

[/quote]
Alright, sweet man. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how close in proximity the two courses are? Also, do you know anything about the hotel and overnight stay details?
[/quote]

Half hour tops... prob 25 minutes or so. I don't know much else other than that. Havent been to the hotel or anything.

IDK where the hotel is but hope its at Longaberger. Longaberger is very nice. The facilities are fantastic. Eagle Sticks has a nice course but the facilities are blah at best. Im not saying at Eagle Sticks it won't be nice, just saying if it were at Longaberger it would for sure be nice

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1327427891' post='4145733']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1327366888' post='4142521']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Half hour tops... prob 25 minutes or so. I don't know much else other than that. Havent been to the hotel or anything.

IDK where the hotel is but hope its at Longaberger. Longaberger is very nice. The facilities are fantastic. Eagle Sticks has a nice course but the facilities are blah at best. Im not saying at Eagle Sticks it won't be nice, just saying if it were at Longaberger it would for sure be nice
[/quote]
Ok, thanks! I'm gonna try to contact them for some details.

I finally went to the range today for the first time since surgery. It was not pretty but not exactly ugly either! I did hit my new backup drivers pretty decent and hit my 4 hybrid really well. i didn't hit to many irons because I hate hitting off of a matt with them. So I hit a few 8 irons and that did not go so well, I was a little afraid of the hard matt and my shoulder. I hit a few good ones but not as many as I would like. I am going to the dome next week and we will see how that goes with better matts. At least my shoulder felt really good considering it was the first time, I would say my swing is at about 75%.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

I went last year with some guys and had a good time. Went up Friday and played The Quarry/Shale Creek then to Firestone Saturday. It was nice, especially in the morning. They were calling for rain so they moved the tee times up an hour. There was hardly anyone out there (except if you were following Tiger) until around noon. Behind the green on 16 was a nice place to sit and watch the groups come through.

[quote name='zburkhart' timestamp='1327811001' post='4170705']
I went last year with some guys and had a good time. Went up Friday and played The Quarry/Shale Creek then to Firestone Saturday. It was nice, especially in the morning. They were calling for rain so they moved the tee times up an hour. There was hardly anyone out there (except if you were following Tiger) until around noon. Behind the green on 16 was a nice place to sit and watch the groups come through.
[/quote]
That's awesome. I'm so excited to go up to Akron for it this year. It's like 7 months away and I'm already pumped for it.

Do you know what a "Weekly Grounds Ticket Book" is? It's $75. Then they've got a Weekly Championship Club Ticket Book" for $95. I'm not sure what those are.