2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Golf in Nov

jdhallissey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played Tuscany this morning. The cold weather supposedly reaked havoc on the bermuda greens. They were spotty at best; the fairways were ok, but not great by any means. I had hoped to get some practice time in there, but they are now matts only for the rest of the season. $95 for the tourist rate is insane.

I think I am going to try to play Boulder Creek tomorrow since it is relatively close to my brother's house.

Edit: We are playing Boulder Creek at 10:42 if anyone wants to join. We made the tee time for 2 of us, but I'm pretty sure there are still 2 spots open if you call the shop.

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1320900256' post='3782301']
Biggest negative of Vegas golf is how the courses here gouge the tourist for less than favorable conditions. In 2 weeks, the rates will be low enough for tourists.
[/quote]
Yep, I was astounded that Tuscany was $95. Mats only at the range, a beat up putting green, dying fairways, and brutally bad greens.

At least at Boulder Creek, it was only ten dollars more for me than the Clark County rate (which is 10 more than the Boulder City resident rate). I really enjoyed playing Boulder Creek today, although it was a bit windy. We played Coyote/Eldorado, and had a really good time. I'll definitely play there again when I come back to Vegas in the future.

I've had 3 very different experiences this week at Primm, Tuscany & Boulder Creek, and now have a few days to look forward to the Monday 36 hole marathon at Paiute.

[quote name='jdhallissey' timestamp='1321097932' post='3791407']
How was primm? I am playin paiute sunday so i will let you know on that. Then primm monday
[/quote]Primm was great. It was windy and cold when we were there, but the course (we played the Lakes) was in good shape, and the greens were like glass and rolled perfectly true. Hopefully, whoever sets the pins will be in a better mood for your round than for mine. There were a couple pins that were almost impossible to keep the ball near. For the severity of some of the slopes, they were almost too fast.

I think you'll enjoy it for sure. Good luck at Paiute. That's the Monday agenda for me.

Paiute was AWESOME today... Thanks for the Company Vinnie and JON for the company along with the sweet member guest rate!!! You guys were a blast to play with also I might have 2 more to make your constant 4 some if you don't have anybody... They love golf and are not very good but the company is more important. Sorry I couldn't string a better round in for you guys. Vinnie was damn funny tho! Thanks again for the fun round, I wish I lived out here because that would be a awesome fun thing to do every sunday on a very nice track. Keep in touch you guys...

OHH DISCLAIMER ALERT--- GOLFINNOVA is a lefty--- if he would of told me that before I would of declined since we all know lefties screw with your game LOL... Thanks again Anytime I am near vegas you are the first person I am calling to play some golf!

[quote name='jdhallissey' timestamp='1321246809' post='3797809']
Paiute was AWESOME today... Thanks for the Company Vinnie and JON for the company along with the sweet member guest rate!!! You guys were a blast to play with also I might have 2 more to make your constant 4 some if you don't have anybody... They love golf and are not very good but the company is more important. Sorry I couldn't string a better round in for you guys. Vinnie was damn funny tho! Thanks again for the fun round, I wish I lived out here because that would be a awesome fun thing to do every sunday on a very nice track. Keep in touch you guys...

OHH DISCLAIMER ALERT--- GOLFINNOVA is a lefty--- if he would of told me that before I would of declined since we all know lefties screw with your game LOL... Thanks again Anytime I am near vegas you are the first person I am calling to play some golf!
[/quote]

:cheesy: LOL, post of the night! Gotta watch out for those lefties :tongue:

Seriously though good to play with you and your dad, you guys really smoked it down the fairway while us mere mortals just stood in awe :bb: Vinny and I enjoyed our round over a pitcher of Blue Moon and steak sandwiches waxing could have won had my chip gone in on 18.

Let me know when you're coming back out and we'll go at it again.

Finally headed back to Denver in an hour or so. It's been a great 10 days with family and friends.

Paiute was incredible yesterday. We played Wolf early in the morning (we actually arrived before the shop was open). It was a bit chilly warming up but once the sun came up, it was a beautiful day. We were the second group off, playing behind a threesome that included the tribal chief. After the first couple holes, we never had to wait on them as they were playing at warp speed. Even taking extra time to look at the Golfshot gps data on my phone, the two of us played in less than 3 1/2 hours. I managed to win by 2 shooting 79 to my partner's 81. The greens were super firm and super fast compared to what I normally play back home, and speed control was an issue for me all day, especially when I was above the hole.

The highlight of the day was probably the 15th hole, an island green par 3, no doubt inspired by the 17th at Sawgrass. The pin was in the very back, so from the middle tees, it was playing just under 160 before taking into account a 1/2 to 1 club wind. I didn't really think I could get 7 iron all the way to the hole, but didn't want to airmail 6 into the water, so hit the 7 and hit my most solid shot of the day, just right of the pin drawing right at it. I assumed it would be 30 feet or more short but just kept flying and hit about 8-10 feet short one hopped and rolled right at it, stopping overhanging the lip! I haven't had a hole in one in forever, and can't believe this one didin't go in.

We had a relaxing sit down lunch (the blackened chicken sandwich was tasty), and headed back out to get another 18 on the Snow course. It too was in great shape and is a much different course. We picked it over Sun after looking at the holes on Google Earth and seeing there were a number of holes where you would have some big choices to make strategically off the tee (being that we didn't know the course). The front 9 flew by but the back 9 we pretty much had to wait on most shots, but still finished in about 4 1/2 hours; it just seemed longer. I bookended the round with birdies on 1 & 18 and although I didn't feel like I struck the ball well at all the hole round, I somehow managed to shoot a 76 (some long gimmes though, lol).

All in all a terrific day at a terrific set of golf courses!