-Titleist 818h1, 19 and 22 deg, Diamana Blue 70R

-Callaway Apex CF16 5-P, TT XP 95R

-Corey Paul forged raw, 50,54,58, TT XP 95R

-Toulon Las Vegas

-Snell MTB-x

-Asher Members stand  bag

Edited by Kpt37

18 hours ago, bk3318 said:

You honestly think people at the golf course are out there seeing how people look/dress and what is in their bag??? LOLOL Telltale sign of an insecure person.

"You can judge 90 percent of people’s personalities by their shoes, researchers say"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/blogs/sideshow/judge-90-percent-people-personalities-shoes-researchers-192903995.html

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

I love people looking at my bag.

Combo set of a steel shafted mini driver, no fairways, 2 driving irons a mismatched 5 iron and 6-P blades.

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9° - Fujikura Pro 53k X

TaylorMade SLDR 17° - Red Tie 70x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X
Cleveland Zipcore 50°/54°/62° - Tour S400
Mack Made Custom - KBS One Step
2016 RZN Platinum (15 dozen in the garage)

Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

On 9/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, scooterhd2 said:

it worse when you are playing with a random and you are driving the cart. All you hear all day is the clanking around of those beautiful clubs. Every thunk makes you wince in misery. Every clack pulls at your heart. you completely change your driving habits to avoid any bumps and you slow down on every turn, but still all your hear is clack, crack, crank, dink. and you know you better pull it together everytime you step out of the cart because you have a ball to hit, but as soon as you sit back down the misery starts again. what mental fortitude to get through that round. 

Just absolute truth!!! One of my favorite comments thus far!! RIP resale value.

I do love looking at peoples bags, but it's less in a judging way and more because I love gear... but I'll play, bag bag is below

Driver.           SIM 8* - Ventus Black 6x

3 wood.        TS3 15* - Ventus Black 7x

UDI               TM P790 UDI - Tensi AV Raw Orange 75* TX 

Irons.            TM P7TW 3-PW X100 

Wedge.        TM MG2 TW 56* 60 s400

Putter.          Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

Ball.              Bridgestone Tour B XS

Edited by 2ndCut16
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, petep1980 said:

I always look at the clubs other people hit.  95% of the time I marvel at how filthy their clubs are over anything else.  That is usually the most notable thing I come across.  Then I keep my mouth shut when they can't hold a green.  Hehe.  

Haha I am also guilty of this!  I harass my friends all the time with how dirty they keep their irons and wonder why they get no spin especially on their wedges.

To play along my current setup is

TD Mavrik SZ 9.5* - GD Tour XC 7X

SIM 15*- Ventus Blue 7X

SIM 19*- Ventus Blue 8X

P7MB 4-PW - DG TI X100

TM MG2 52/56/60 - DG TI S400

Spider X

Due to the fact that I started playing golf as a very underpaid engineer (due to graduating during the recession of '92) my initial reaction at looking at most people's bags was envy because I knew I could never justify paying so much money.

However, as I've gotten older now when I see equipment I really like, like small forged cavity backs, etc. I just admire the work of art as it is and remind myself this life isn't perfect and no one gets everything they want so no point in feeling bad about my cheap equipment comparatively speaking. 

• Like 1

Big Bertha Titanium 9d - Big Bertha 4, 7w - Titleist DCI 990B 5i-PW, DCI 962 4i, GW  - 8802

The thing I can’t get over is how many mid to high handicappers under the age of 50 carry a 3 iron and sometimes even a 2 iron.

I’ve lost count of how many times I have hit my 7 wood and a playing partner says “what’s that?”.  I say “7 wood” and then they look at me suspiciously and slowly back away in case it’s contagious. Then they proceed to hit a worm-burning shank with their 3 iron...

Edited by GolfTurkey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

The thing I can’t get over is how many mid to high handicappers under the age of 50 carry a 3 iron and sometimes even a 2 iron.

I’ve lost count of how many times I have hit my 7 wood and a playing partner says “what’s that?”.  I say “7 wood” and then they look at me suspiciously and slowly back away in case it’s contagious. Then they proceed to hit a worm-burning shank with their 3 iron...

My 7 wood is probably the fourth most used club in my bag.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I tend to judge high handicappers whose bag is full of clubs that just came out 2 months ago. Surplus of money and shortage of skills, thinking the latest Taylormade driver will improve their scores by 12 shots. If you slice your M6, you will most certainly slice your SIM.

But the absolute worst are the guys who never clean their clubs. Wondering why they don't have any backspin on wedge shots, while at the same time all the grooves are covered in 2 year old mud. After the round the bag gets thrown into the trunk, only to be taken out of that same trunk the next weekend.

Ping G400 Max 9* - Alta CB55 S

Ping G410 22* HY - Fujikura Pro 2.0 S

Srixon Z U65 20* - Miyazaki Tour Issue S

Srixon Z565 4-AW - N.S. Pro 980 GHS S

Titleist Vokey SM6 56* F grind

Titleist Vokey SM6 60* F grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

6 hours ago, Jetierney13 said:

Haha I am also guilty of this!  I harass my friends all the time with how dirty they keep their irons and wonder why they get no spin especially on their wedges.

To play along my current setup is

TD Mavrik SZ 9.5* - GD Tour XC 7X

SIM 15*- Ventus Blue 7X

SIM 19*- Ventus Blue 8X

P7MB 4-PW - DG TI X100

TM MG2 52/56/60 - DG TI S400

Spider X

Alrighty, gonna do this the right way and hazard a guess and then put mine up.

Lotta exotic X flex and sub-10.5º driver. Newest models, so income must be pretty good, and early 30's. I'll say 32. Young enough to swing the rebar still, and your course knowledge has caught up to match your abilities. You wanted to get a Sim driver to match, but the Mavrik's #'s were too solid, as you need LM data at your age. (Wink.) You do something with computers??, as your bag is quite millenial. And the shafts are too stiff to place you in your 40's. And the putter makes me think you are taller and a longer hitter and identify with DJ....

(I also have a fear of the number 13, and can't believe I did your bag! ha! Figures....)

OK, my sticks for the moment: (Don't cheat as I've spilled my age on here before!)

Srixon Z545 10.5º Kuro Kage 60 stiff, neutral upright

Adams Fast 12 15º Fubuki Alpha 70 stiff

Ping i25 19º and 22º Tour Blue 85 stiff, one degree upright

Titleist AP2 5-PW Aerotech i95cw regular, standard/std, 2 up

Cleveland RTX 2.0 50, 54, 58 Aerotech i110cw regular, std/std, 2 up

Bettinardi Studio Stock #10 (B60 head shape.) Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0

35.5", 71º lie

PV1

NDMC blueonblack, 3 wraps

Edited by blueonblack
putter guess/my specs to mess with ya...

29 minutes ago, blueonblack said:

Lotta exotic X flex and sub-10.5º driver. Newest models, so income must be pretty good, and early 30's. I'll say 32. Young enough to swing the rebar still, and your course knowledge has caught up to match your abilities. You wanted to get a Sim driver to match, but the Mavrik's #'s were too solid, as you need LM data at your age. (Wink.) You do something with computers??, as your bag is quite millenial. And the shafts are too stiff to place you in your 40's. And the putter makes me think you are taller and a longer hitter and identify with DJ....

(I also have a fear of the number 13, and can't believe I did your bag! ha! Figures....)

OK, my sticks for the moment: (Don't cheat as I've spilled my age on here before!)

35.5", 71º lie

PV1

It is actually mildly terrifying how close you are on a number of those haha.  The few you did not get right are I am in Finance and the SIM had a few chances and just never got the desired performance, I am 32 (33 in 2 weeks) but actually do not rely on LM data more feel haha. I just recently switched from a Cobra flow set 4-6 CB 7-PW MB.  I am also 6'3" so you're not wrong there.  Again incredibly impressed with how spot on you were haha!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetierney13 said:

It is actually mildly terrifying how close you are on a number of those haha.  The few you did not get right are I am in Finance and the SIM had a few chances and just never got the desired performance, I am 32 (33 in 2 weeks) but actually do not rely on LM data more feel haha. I just recently switched from a Cobra flow set 4-6 CB 7-PW MB.  I am also 6'3" so you're not wrong there.  Again incredibly impressed with how spot on you were haha!

Is it now, or is it Memorex?

My Cobra Forged CB's are down in the basement. Never got frisky enough for the MB's.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

It was a coin toss on the LM thing. Had your age, but the old school loft specs on the wedges had "feel player" all over it. And you deloft at impact....

Former competitive player I bet. 4 handicap now, as its hard when ya gotta work...

Edited by blueonblack
  • Haha 1

I judge other players by their smell.

Also, I avoid being judged because my clubs all have covers on them.  Problem solved. 😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Taylormade SIM Max 10.5˚ VA VYLYN 65 Four S

Taylormade SIM Max 18˚ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 S

Taylormade SIM Max 22˚ Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 S

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 16˚ UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4

Mizuno MP-20 MMC  4-PW  Nippon NS.Pro 1150GH Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12˚ F  |  SM8 56.10˚S  |  SM8 60.08˚ M

PXG Spitfire

Titleist ProV1x

1 hour ago, blueonblack said:

Is it now, or is it Memorex?

My Cobra Forged CB's are down in the basement. Never got frisky enough for the MB's.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

It was a coin toss on the LM thing. Had your age, but the old school loft specs on the wedges had "feel player" all over it. And you deloft at impact....

Former competitive player I bet. 4 handicap now, as its hard when ya gotta work...

I am currently at a 4 but played hockey my whole life so transition was easier than starting new haha

On 9/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, petep1980 said:

I always look at the clubs other people hit.  95% of the time I marvel at how filthy their clubs are over anything else.  That is usually the most notable thing I come across.  Then I keep my mouth shut when they can't hold a green.  Hehe.  

If people only realized the damage done to club and ball with all that gritty buildup on there, jeez. A clean club and relatively clean ball will extend the life of said equipment immensely.

• Like 2

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Cally Rogue X 18.5* 4i, Diamana 70 S, 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5"

Vokey SM8 54.14F(2*weak), 60.10S(4*weak)

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Slant Pipe // Byron GSS DH89 Long Slant // GOAT NP2 Tiger Putter

32 minutes ago, Jetierney13 said:

I am currently at a 4 but played hockey my whole life so transition was easier than starting new haha

I think this is a great way to meet people for a mixer at the local club!

I played baseball. You were too easy.... ha! Played with many a hockey player up here in MN.

Lotta pond hockey here.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Here's my simple setup:

Cleveland DST Driver (really just in there so I don't have to hear people say "No driver?")

GAPR 3 Mid at 16.5*

TM Rocketbladez 4-SW

Wilson Harmonized putter

first thought: I’m surprised he’s on this forum.

Guessing mid-50s (Wilson nostalgia) public course golfer. You play mostly for the social aspect - 1-2x a month with your men’s club, hop in a few tournaments with your friends - and maintain a 10-15 handicap. 

Now if you tell me that you never ride, always walk, and use a walkers bag without a stand, then I’d say I wouldn’t play you heads up on a bet. 

—-

Callaway Mavrik 9.0 w/ GD Tour AD DI 7X (had for 2 rounds now - replaced 910D3)

Titleist 19* hybrid - maybe 2 years old, forgot the model

Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW, steel fiber 125cw X

Cleveland zip core 50 mid, 54 mid, 58 low w/ S400ti (had for 4 rounds - replaced vokey SM4 same lofts, X100s)

TM spider x (had for 4 rounds - displaced Cameron Studio Design 5 that I’ve gamed since 2003)

Vice Pro ball

19 minutes ago, sdemo said:

first thought: I’m surprised he’s on this forum.

Guessing mid-50s (Wilson nostalgia) public course golfer. You play mostly for the social aspect - 1-2x a month with your men’s club, hop in a few tournaments with your friends - and maintain a 10-15 handicap. 

Now if you tell me that you never ride, always walk, and use a walkers bag without a stand, then I’d say I wouldn’t play you heads up on a bet. 

—-

Callaway Mavrik 9.0 w/ GD Tour AD DI 7X (had for 2 rounds now - replaced 910D3)

Titleist 19* hybrid - maybe 2 years old, forgot the model

Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW, steel fiber 125cw X

Cleveland zip core 50 mid, 54 mid, 58 low w/ S400ti (had for 4 rounds - replaced vokey SM4 same lofts, X100s)

TM spider x (had for 4 rounds - displaced Cameron Studio Design 5 that I’ve gamed since 2003)

Vice Pro ball

Sorry to say but the only part you got was the public course player although you were only a few over on the age of 49. I'm out 1-2 time a week except for weeks like this one where I took a few days off and will get 4 rounds in. The Wilson putter was actually part of my 15 year anniversary gift at work. It came with 2 Harmonized wedges that I don't use. I am considering putting the 16 year old Teardrop putter back in the bag. I do tend to walk most of the time pushing the cart alongside the Mrs. or one buddy when I can drag him out now and then, otherwise paired up with strangers when on my own. I don't maintain a cap but it would be around a 14/15 and the only tournaments are the few scrambles I play each year.

I'm on the forum because while I'm not that much of a gear tweaker I do like to see what's out there and am curious about it. Plus, I just enjoy the game and a lively debate from time to time.

5 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Sorry to say but the only part you got was the public course player although you were only a few over on the age of 49.

I was in the ballpark on your handicap, too 😛

Yours is a golfer’s profile that I think is relatively rare, but maybe I’m way off. For starters, I certainly couldn’t live without a driver. Cheers, and hope I didn’t offend. 

Driver: TM R540, TT DG S300 shaft

Fairway: TM V-Steel 5w, TT DG S300 shaft (only in when riding)

Hybrid: Nickent 3DX 3h, TT DG S300 shaft

Irons: TA 845s OS RO 5, 6, 8, 9 (bent with 6° gaps), TT DG S300 shafts

Wedges (1): TA pw, TT DG S300 shaft (only in when riding)

Wedges (2): Acer XB Satin 50° and 56°, TT DG S300 shafts

Grips: GP Tour Velvet +4 midsize

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1, Winn WinnPro x 1.32"

Ball: Top Flite D2 Feel, yellow

Bag: TM Micro Lite 3.0

Driver: TM R510TP

Fairways: TM V-Steel

Hybrids: Nickent 3DX RC

Irons: Maltby TE Forged

Wedge: Acer XB Satin

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

On 10/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, blueonblack said:

35.5", 71º lie

PV1

40's?  No way: almost no drop in swing speed for someone who takes care of themselves.  Anyone capable of swinging 117 in their 30's is still swinging 114 in their 40's.   50 y/o, maybe a drop to only "stiff".  Then again, there are 45 year olds who work out 6 hours a week and are 8% body fat, and there are 45 year-olds who repulse their wives.  And everything in between....

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, chippa13 said:

Sorry to say but the only part you got was the public course player although you were only a few over on the age of 49. I'm out 1-2 time a week except for weeks like this one where I took a few days off and will get 4 rounds in. The Wilson putter was actually part of my 15 year anniversary gift at work. It came with 2 Harmonized wedges that I don't use. I am considering putting the 16 year old Teardrop putter back in the bag. I do tend to walk most of the time pushing the cart alongside the Mrs. or one buddy when I can drag him out now and then, otherwise paired up with strangers when on my own. I don't maintain a cap but it would be around a 14/15 and the only tournaments are the few scrambles I play each year.

I'm on the forum because while I'm not that much of a gear tweaker I do like to see what's out there and am curious about it. Plus, I just enjoy the game and a lively debate from time to time.

Drivers are overrated (probably because I can't hit mine straight). I played my best round by far when I just teed off with my 3-hybrid. I will take 250 in the fairway vs 290 in the trees any day of the week.  Drivers for me are like investing in WeWork: sexy but ultimately overrated and a bad business model.  My buddy who was a 4 until he decided to get into MMA said he only played off the tee with a 3-wood on any sort of championship course; too many strokes lost otherwise!  

On 10/1/2020 at 2:45 PM, SDG90 said:

I tend to judge high handicappers whose bag is full of clubs that just came out 2 months ago. Surplus of money and shortage of skills, thinking the latest Taylormade driver will improve their scores by 12 shots. If you slice your M6, you will most certainly slice your SIM.

But the absolute worst are the guys who never clean their clubs. Wondering why they don't have any backspin on wedge shots, while at the same time all the grooves are covered in 2 year old mud. After the round the bag gets thrown into the trunk, only to be taken out of that same trunk the next weekend.

I play at a public course and I suppose that means older clubs?  I don't see a lot of nice clubs and I don't see a lot of nice swings either.  Functional, sure, but only a few that would make you think "that person knows what he/she is doing".  Mostly on the range as well from aspiring pros or college golfers.  Golf is one of those sports where the arrow counts for less than 1%; as you said, swing problems are swing problems.  At least in car racing, if you are a F1 driver, being on Mercedes vs. Williams makes a bit of difference.