2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Presidents Cup 2011 Discussion Thread (merged)

8orBetter

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1321591950' post='3816729']
I think I've lost all hope in Tiger officially. I really thought he would excel in this match play format. But IMO Tiger is officially hopeless. He might win a few tournements later, but I highly doubt he will ever dominate the game again.
[/quote]

Seriously? The guy doesn't even have a handful of events with the new swing and you're already writing him off?

Remember when everyone said Jordan would never get one again? Dumb.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everyone is playing the same track...[quote name='mysterymanmarty' timestamp='1321592251' post='3816757']
I think I've lost all hope in Tiger officially. I really thought he would excel in this match play format. But IMO Tiger is officially hopeless. He might win a few tournements later, but I highly doubt he will ever dominate the game again.
[/quote]

you have to realize that this is the hardest course these guys will play all year, on 17 I'm sure that tiger expected his ball to take a big hop.
[/quote]

[quote name='Judge Smales' timestamp='1321591797' post='3816715']
Has Jason Day ever made a putt that has meant anything? The guy is garbage. All over the map and I swear I've never seen the guy make a putt in a high pressure situation in a high pressure event. [b]Plus his animated reactions are extremely immature.[/b] He really bugs me. But at least he got rid of the herpes he had on his face last week... Low blow, but it's ok this week.
[/quote]

I would much rather see a golfer get fired up when he/she is doing well/bad...as opposed to your standard run of the mill cardboard box silhouette that looks the same regardless of the situation.

.......and MtlJeff.....agree re: Jason going back to his smoking hot wife.

When wont his swing be new? [quote name='03SVTCobra' timestamp='1321592547' post='3816771']
[/quote]

Seriously? The guy doesn't even have a handful of events with the new swing and you're already writing him off?

Remember when everyone said Jordan would never get one again? Dumb.
[/quote]

i'm unimpressed with Mahan's level of anger. Golfers just aren't good at being intimidating. It just looks awkward....i mean ask who it was, point at him and say "you're outty 5000 bro, you're done, nobody talks in my backswing, i will finish you!"

is that so hard??? "um, excuse me sir, but you are being innapropriate"

Hunter you are under 30 yrs old and a pro athlete. That is weak. I mean with his cheerleader wife and long blond hair he even looks Billy Zabka-ish. What would Zabka think of that?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1321592562' post='3816773']
Well everyone is playing the same track...[quote name='mysterymanmarty' timestamp='1321592251' post='3816757']
[/quote]

you have to realize that this is the hardest course these guys will play all year, on 17 I'm sure that tiger expected his ball to take a big hop.
[/quote]
[/quote]

this is a match play event, not the be all end all of the rest of tigers career. meaning theres still plenty of time for tiger to get even better, short game is already back.

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1321592385' post='3816761']
Have you ever made a post that meant anything? Better yet, have YOU made a putt that meant anything? The guy made a few putts out there today, even if they were inside 5 feet. With the amount of people watching, I bet you couldn't sink a putt on greens that were 14's either. How about you stop putting a PROFFESIONAL golfer down by saying he can't make a putt?[quote name='Judge Smales' timestamp='1321591797' post='3816715']
Has Jason Day ever made a putt that has meant anything? The guy is garbage. All over the map and I swear I've never seen the guy make a putt in a high pressure situation in a high pressure event. Plus his animated reactions are extremely immature. He really bugs me. But at least he got rid of the herpes he had on his face last week... Low blow, but it's ok this week.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Huh

Sorry IMHO, he not going to get much better. He has too much ego to leave driver in the bag, his putting isn't great, although he can improve that.[quote name='mysterymanmarty' timestamp='1321592816' post='3816801']
[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1321592562' post='3816773']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

this is a match play event, not the be all end all of the rest of tigers career. meaning theres still plenty of time for tiger to get even better, short game is already back.
[/quote]

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1321592787' post='3816797']
i'm unimpressed with Mahan's level of anger. Golfers just aren't good at being intimidating. It just looks awkward....i mean ask who it was, point at him and say "you're outty 5000 bro, you're done, nobody talks in my backswing, i will finish you!"

is that so hard??? "um, excuse me sir, but you are being innapropriate"

Hunter you are under 30 yrs old and a pro athlete. That is weak
[/quote]

Refer to "Ron Artest" as Exhibit 1.

[/quote]

I think I'm getting to this pointnas well. I've never thought he would DOMINATE again like he did but fully expected him to be number one again comfortably. He needs a putting coach worse than he needs a swing coach - man he makes nothing now. Him changing his swing for health reasons related to his knee is one thing but why the hell would he go and change his putting stroke? The guy was the best putter maybe ever and has let Foley teach him how to putt. Makes no sense to me. I also wonder if he can actually hit a really high towering iron shot anymore. Another of his primary strengths was being able to stop a ball on hard greens and now he can't even get an 8 iron to sit down. It's no wonder when your head is a foot in front of the ball at impact and your hands finish at waist high on the follow through. With all this being said, it sure isn't like he's gotten any help at all these last two days. DJ was awful today both ball striking and putting.

Oh yeah, I'm glad Day's herp went back into remission as someone else mentioned. That was tough to look at ha ha - especially when they kept zooming in on it last week.

[quote name='Redman' timestamp='1321593055' post='3816821']
[/quote]

I think I'm getting to this pointnas well. I've never thought he would DOMINATE again like he did but fully expected him to be number one again comfortably. He needs a putting coach worse than he needs a swing coach - man he makes nothing now. Him changing his swing for health reasons related to his knee is one thing but why the hell would he go and change his putting stroke? The guy was the best putter maybe ever and has let Foley teach him how to putt. Makes no sense to me. I also wonder if he can actually hit a really high towering iron shot anymore. Another of his primary strengths was being able to stop a ball on hard greens and now he can't even get an 8 iron to sit down. It's no wonder when your head is a foot in front of the ball at impact and your hands finish at waist high on the follow through. With all this being said, it sure isn't like he's gotten any help at all these last two days. DJ was awful today both ball striking and putting.

Oh yeah, I'm glad Day's herp went back into remission as someone else mentioned. That was tough to look at ha ha - especially when they kept zooming in on it last week.
[/quote]

do you think phil needs a putting coach?

[/quote]

[/quote]

haha oh man, poor guy. They definitely zoomed in on it to. He must have pissed off the camera guy or something. I just got a bigger kick out of Mahan, "who was that"?!!!!

I let Philly do his own thing, hes a veteran, and i'll still admire him as a golfer no matter how many 3 footers he misses.[quote name='Green Valley' timestamp='1321593351' post='3816835']
[/quote]

[/quote]

do you think phil needs a putting coach?
[/quote]

[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321594045' post='3816875']
[quote name='jj9000' timestamp='1321593679' post='3816863']
I saw Amy sitting next to Phil...I must have missed Elin sitting next to Tiger...oh, wait.....nevermind.
[/quote]

ZINGER! from the guy who thinks speedos are an acceptable form or attire.
[/quote]

I never said that...I just presented you the facts relative to the ownership of the brand...

Argue with the ~45 million shareholders of parent company's common stock.

They would discontinue the brand if they weren't successful.

Not my cup of tea, but, who am I to judge?

Not sure what the point of Phil needing a putting coach was based on my comments about Tiger, but no I don't think he does. I personally think that just puts way more thoughts and technique in both of their heads. They both always have had terrific feel and that is most important in putting. I will say Phil would need it before Tiger though. As good of a putter as Phil has been at times he was never close to Tiger - especially when it had to be made.

As far as sitting someone out, I think it would be Tiger and DJ. I doubt very much that Freddie will sit Tiger but maybe it would piss him off enough to get his sh!t in gear. Plus maybe he could practice his old putting stroke all morning and finally make something.

[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321593984' post='3816873']
[quote name='SteveL1' timestamp='1321593924' post='3816867']
So who should sit out tomorrow? Tiger? Stricker?
[/quote]

Dustin Johnson
[/quote]

Tiger should sit out since he hasn't performed (won a point) but it will never happen. Stricker will sit out one if not both times. Maybe sit out Mahan? Doubtful they break up Phil/Furyk or Watson/Simpson

Internationals should pair Scott/Choi back up and keep Day/Badds together. I see them sitting Kim, Ryo and/or Goose.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

I want the USA to win.

The best chance of that happening would have been if Freddy used his captains picks on a golfer who played better than Tiger did this year.

That said, too late, the best chance now is to put the best players on the course.

Neither Johnson nor Woods have looked really good yet in two days of play.

I hope Freddy makes the right call here and doesn't continue to pander to....well...to pander....

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

American fan rooting for tiger/DJ team but man it was great to see Badds bounce back. he wasnt just good he was clutch under preasure a bunch of times. Way to go Aaron, 'good on ya', as it were!

Feherety just said he thinks the greens finished at 18 with the wind all day, 18!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='JLTD63' timestamp='1321594670' post='3816899']
Can anyone else watching on Golf Channel hear that mother effing beeping in the background?! Sounds like they're playing in a hospital...

...either that or I'm the only one who can hear it and I should be in a mental hospital!! It's all I can hear!

About to pull a Mahan-esque fit of rage!!!! LOL
[/quote]

Yes I hear it, annoying.

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1321595538' post='3816955']
I want the USA to win.

The best chance of that happening would have been if Freddy used his captains picks on a golfer who played better than Tiger did this year.

That said, too late, the best chance now is to put the best players on the course.

Neither Johnson nor Woods have looked really good yet in two days of play.

I hope Freddy makes the right call here and doesn't continue to pander to....well...to pander....
[/quote]

Some of you don't quit.... The US will win this and some of you will be saying "it would have been a bigger margin if only Tiger wasn't there."

The right call? The right call is for Freddy to do what he thinks is right. Thats why he was selected as captain. If he thinks Tiger, or Stricker, or whoever is the best choice then thats who he should go with. Also, I think its pretty arrogant for you guys to imply that he is making certain choices to appease people. I think the guy has earned the right to do the job the way he thinks it should be done without you implying that he doesn't have the teams best interest in mind.