LIVE CHAT WITH JASON GORE! Wednesday, Dec. 21, 6pm ET

HipCheck

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JasonGore59' timestamp='1324510542' post='3972861']
[quote name='Eck42' timestamp='1324510273' post='3972833']
How much do you work on your putting? Any special or favorite drills you can share?
[/quote]

I work on my putting quite a bit. There isn't a greater sound than hearing a ball rattle around in the bottom of that hole. I always try to play games. I STILL try to make putts to win the US Open and the Masters. I practice a lot of short ones. anything inside 6 feet. Always seem to have a bunch of those during rounds and if you can make most or all of them, they add up! Work on rhythm. In putting and long game! Rhythm makes up for many flaws in your action!
[/quote]

Thank you

WITB:

PING G425 Max
PING G425 3W

PING G425 7W
PING G425 Hybrid 

TaylorMade P790 (2023)

Cleveland Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Vicino Putter
TaylorMade Tour Response

Vessel Stand Bag

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions Jason! Great to see a PGA Tour player come here and chat with us a bit.

When and if you do make equipment changes, is there a big adjustment time to get used to the changes? Also, I know most OEM's want you playing the latest and newest equipment, but do they force you into playing something they're really pushing such as the latest driver?

Thanks again and good luck on the upcoming season!

Testing: Sim2 8*, Rogue ST TD 9* 

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Callaway Paradym 4-AW Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 56 Denim Copper TI S400

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

I've got a question regarding your fitness goals; what do you do on a non-tournament day in terms of working out? What did you do to begin your fitness regime in terms of how did you get into a routine of working out while incorporating it into your normal work day? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer our memberships questions. Hope you have a good 2012!

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1324510474' post='3972855']
Hey jason Nice work on cutting some serious lbs! Curious for some more detail about your driver. What shaft have you been using and are you testing anything that might replace it next season.

Also, where do I find those monkey headcovers?
[/quote]

What will I use next year.... hmmm. I've had my grubby little hands on a lot of good products in the off-season, and to be quite honest with you, I'm not sure. Although, I am heavily favoring one direction right now. Although, as you know, I can't tell you yet! Sorry... I've been testing the Diamana 'ahina shaft. Mostly because of what I've read on here about it. You guys do a great job with your descriptions and testing. Thank you!

The "Gore-illa" headcovers are available at most golf shops. They are made by Winning Edge. Go to your local shop and DEMAND they order thousands of them! (just kidding... sort of)

Hey jason Nice work on cutting some serious lbs! Curious for some more detail about your driver. What shaft have you been using and are you testing anything that might replace it next season.

[b][i][u]Also, where do I find those monkey headcovers?[/u][/i][/b]
[/quote]

I'll help Jason out with the head cover info http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Edge-Designs-Jason-Gore-Illa/dp/B002RAQUQE

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

[quote name='JasonGore59' timestamp='1324510360' post='3972847']
[quote name='fsusp' timestamp='1324509971' post='3972797']
Thanks for coming on the site. It is pretty cool that you are taking time out of your day to do this.

Quick questions...how old were you when you got into the game? Was there any early moment that made you go, "hey, I'm really going to pursue this"?

Finally, do you have any advice to offer young golfers as they begin the game (I currently coach the high school team and they would love the idea that Jason Gore took the time to address them)?

Thank you in advance, and wishing you the very best this year and beyond.

John
[/quote]

Hi John,

I actually got started late. I started when I was 11. My brother bought my dad a set of clubs, and I followed him out to the course. I was always a good athlete. Played baseball, football, etc... I knew that as soon as I hit a driver once, I wanted to do that a lot more. My dad didn't let me hit anything more than a 7 iron starting out. Subsequently, my dad ended up quitting (smart guy), I ended up trying to do it for a living (fill in the blank).

My advice to kids always is... Have fun! There is only a small % of kids that are actually going to be good enough to ever make a living at this game. But, a large % can be able to play it for the rest of their lives!

Thanks for your well wishes!
[/quote]

Thank you!

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

What's the new favorite Steel Panther song and how many of their concerts have you been to with Pat & Mike Perez? drinks.gif

We have been to 3 concerts. They get better every time! "Just Like Tiger Woods" is my favorite. Unbelievably talented musicians that just aren't quite right in the head. Right up my alley!

I just busted up laughing after reading this response." Not quite right in the head". I might just fit that bill, just ask the wife!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Hacking Aint Easy' timestamp='1324510759' post='3972881']
I've got a question regarding your fitness goals; what do you do on a non-tournament day in terms of working out? What did you do to begin your fitness regime in terms of how did you get into a routine of working out while incorporating it into your normal work day? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer our memberships questions. Hope you have a good 2012!
[/quote]

I used to ride my road bike a lot, but, since my shoulder surgery in June, I haven't really been able to do that. That's the last thing I need to do is fall off that stupid thing. I really try to watch what goes into my snack chute. I never realized how crappy I ate while on the road. I've basically cut everything white out of my diet. Pastas, flours, all that stuff. If it tastes good, spit it out! I've obviously never been a gym rat. I'm pretty naturally strong. The last thing I need to be doing is bulking up. I do a lot of stretching. With physio balls and tubing.

[quote name='JasonGore59' timestamp='1324510769' post='3972883']

Also, where do I find those monkey headcovers?
[/quote]

What will I use next year.... hmmm. I've had my grubby little hands on a lot of good products in the off-season, and to be quite honest with you, I'm not sure. Although, I am heavily favoring one direction right now. Although, as you know, I can't tell you yet! Sorry... [size="4"][b] I've been testing the Diamana 'ahina shaft. Mostly because of what I've read on here about it. You guys do a great job with your descriptions and testing. Thank you!
[/b][/size]
The "Gore-illa" headcovers are available at most golf shops. They are made by Winning Edge. Go to your local shop and DEMAND they order thousands of them! (just kidding... sort of)
[/quote]

Amazing! I've always wondered if perhaps you pros thought we were full of it or not... haha

TSR2 9* - 1K White 70
TSR2 15* - AD DI 7
Apex UW 19* - Diamana D+ 80
T150 4-PW - PX
SM8/SM9s - Modus 120
Scotty 5.5

Thanks for the Quail Hallow PLUG!!! I type this from the shadow of Ballatyne resort ( Dana Rader's school ect.) where a lot of you guys stay!

[quote name='JasonGore59' timestamp='1324509523' post='3972743']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1324509115' post='3972715']
Jason,
A recent report in Golf Digest had a poll of PGA caddies. One of the interesting questions I noticed in it was in regards to caddies observing competitors on Tour being observed cheating (marking their ball and gaining a few inches here or there, etc). As a competitor on Tour, would you confront the offender or would it be something one would try to not pay attention to? The reason I ask is I've observed others playing in tournaments I've played in doing the same thing, but I never know how to deal with it.

My other question is how does one decide on their caddie and what makes an ideal candidate, in your opinion, for a caddie? That's the other thing I've always wondered about. Do you look for the the motivator, the mechanic, the technician (personality traits, I'd suppose one would say). Not that I'm interested in caddying at all, I just find it fascinating to know what type of thought goes into that process.

Lastly, which course on tour is your favorite? I know which event is my favorite to attend, but it's always cool to hear the guys that play the courses perspective.

And mostly, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule, especially around this time of year, to respond to some of us mere mortals questions.
[/quote]

Seriously loaded questions here... I've made the mistake of getting too close to my caddies. Becoming friends with them. It really is a business out there and sometimes, you spend so much time with them, you can annoy each other. It's basically like an "on-course marriage." I have a guy on my bag right now that happens to be from Valencia, CA, same as me, and I have known him since he was a kid. He played at UCLA. Great guy. Great player. But, he was always way younger than me, so, we never become too close of friends. he caddied for Kevin Chappell last year. I really enjoy being around him. He's so easy to be around. Very relaxing, but, I'm trying to keep it all business....

I'm a HUGE fan of Pebble Beach. My wife and I for married right off the 18th green there. Very special place. Also LOVE Quail Hollow in Charlotte. Great track, great people, great tournament!
[/quote]

[quote name='indygolfman' timestamp='1324510814' post='3972893']
Very cool Jason, thanks so much for stopping by!

What aspect of the swing do you find most important to consistent ball-first ballstriking? Thanks!
[/quote]

Well... hitting it in the middle of the club face! I know that sounds like a smart a$$ comment... but, its true. Nobody has a perfect golf swing, there are things that you can nit-pick on everyone. It's the idea of delivering the golf club consistently back to the ball. I wish I had a secret or magic bullet for you. But, you have to find the way (with a coach or instructor if you desire) to deliver the club back to the ball consistently.

[quote name='JasonGore59' timestamp='1324510960' post='3972911']
[quote name='Hacking Aint Easy' timestamp='1324510759' post='3972881']
[/quote]

I used to ride my road bike a lot, but, since my shoulder surgery in June, I haven't really been able to do that. That's the last thing I need to do is fall off that stupid thing. I really try to watch what goes into my snack chute. I never realized how crappy I ate while on the road. I've basically cut everything white out of my diet. Pastas, flours, all that stuff. If it tastes good, spit it out! I've obviously never been a gym rat. I'm pretty naturally strong. The last thing I need to be doing is bulking up. I do a lot of stretching. With physio balls and tubing.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote name='AP2 712' timestamp='1324511087' post='3972929']
Hey Jason,

What is your favorite course on the Nationwide Tour? Good luck in 2012!!!

Adam
[/quote]

Hey Adam,

I would have to say the its Champions Run in Omaha. And that has no bearing on the fact that I shot 59 there... Okay, I lied. It's ONLY because I shot 59 there! We play many good course. Some are better than others. I would love to see the PGA Tour pump more $$$ into the Nationwide Tour. There are so many great players waiting to bust loose on that Tour.

I have all the usual questions, but I really would like to know...what is a typical practice session? Are you more of a "go play" player or do you like to practice?

WITB:

PING G425 Max
PING G425 3W

PING G425 7W
PING G425 Hybrid 

TaylorMade P790 (2023)

Cleveland Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Vicino Putter
TaylorMade Tour Response

Vessel Stand Bag

[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1324511190' post='3972947']
I know that Kevin Harvick is a buddy (& sponsor/supporter), does he let you drive his race cars at all? If so, what is the fastest you had the car up to on the track?
[/quote]

I've never been in the car with him. Thank God! I'm not sure that I really even want to be in the car with him. We drove go-carts at his house track. He actually told me I was pretty good. I knew the proper "lines" to take and everything. Then, he got on the track with me... HE lapped me in 4 laps. It's not a very big track either. He is just that good. I personally think that his cart was faster... Obviously, inertia played no part in racing on that track.... ;) But, he's a great guy and I'm very lucky to consider him a friend.

[quote name='JasonGore59' timestamp='1324511281' post='3972951']
[quote name='AP2 712' timestamp='1324511087' post='3972929']
Hey Jason,

What is your favorite course on the Nationwide Tour? Good luck in 2012!!!

Adam
[/quote]

Hey Adam,

I would have to say the its Champions Run in Omaha. And that has no bearing on the fact that I shot 59 there... Okay, I lied. It's ONLY because I shot 59 there! We play many good course. Some are better than others. I would love to see the PGA Tour pump more $$ into the Nationwide Tour. There are so many great players waiting to bust loose on that Tour.
[/quote]

Thank you for your response...I do agree with your statement... I heard John Maginnes and Dennis Paulson today talking on Sirius about how player 25-40ish on the Nationwide Tour list are probably more deserving of PGA Tour cards/ higher priority on the west coast than the players near #125 on the money list. It's crazy how low you guys have to go out there just to keep pace, let alone win.

[quote name='Eck42' timestamp='1324511456' post='3972975']
I have all the usual questions, but I really would like to know...what is a typical practice session? Are you more of a "go play" player or do you like to practice?
[/quote]

I really enjoy practicing. I have a really cool golf cart with some rather loud music. So, I like to go to the back of the range at TPC Valencia and spend some (not so) quiet time back there.

[quote name='Asleep' timestamp='1324510995' post='3972919']
Do you work with a swing coach?

Are you working on anything in particular at this time?
[/quote]

I do work with a swing coach. I've actually started working with Bryan Lebedevitch. He's at PGA West. But, I've worked on and off with Kevin Scheller and Randy Smith as well. All great instructors. Thinking I do my best work with me and a camera. I'm such a feel player, that I have to see it myself without having someone tell me.

I'm really working on my transition right now. Like I said earlier, I have to stop being so steep. It's inconsistent and annoying!

Hi Jason. Thanks for spending time with us. When I watch golf on TV, some guys (like yourself) smile a lot and seem to really enjoy what they are doing. Other guys don't and they act like it is more of a job. How do you keep it fun when grinding away on tour?

Best of luck in 2012. We are pulling for you.

Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

So Jason, a not so serious question but one that I just had to ask, what type of music do you listen too?

Tim

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Jason,
Im a Golf Professional in Virginia. Years ago a prominent member at my club invited a few of us up for an all expense paid trip to the 84 Lumber Classic. i actuallyhad the chance to speak with you for a few minutes and let me tell you it was a pleasure to watch you win. The game looked easy for you then but as we all know in this industry one of two things can ruin a good day and that would be injuries or a balky putter and heaven forbid we ever get both. Thats when you start filling up your lesson sheet! Btw how's your boy Purdy doing. Whats his status? Happy Holidays and good luck next year!!