2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2012 True Linkswear line up!

Thanks for the review Thaddy.

I will probably try out a pair but its nice to have an honest review that gives some opinion on the other side of things. Doesnt mean I won't find out for myself, but I certainly appreciate these forums more for detailed, honest opinions.

@EastPhillyReppin, its not as if he made baseless outrageous descriptions like "these things are wack," but he supported why he disliked them with specific details, although I do agree some aspects were more opinion (they still look like clown shoes) and less informative (material didn't feel high quality, tongue slips).

I still look forward to trying these and the Tours, and appreciate everything I know/hear about True as a company.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1328049847' post='4187179']
[quote name='EastPhillyReppin' timestamp='1328048091' post='4186947']
[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1328039911' post='4186097']
I just received a smaller sized Phx after returning my 10.5. These are a 10.

In short, I'm still incredibly disappointed with these shoes. Here are my thoughts in a few areas. Keep in mind this is my opinion and yours may vary. It's not right or wrong, just what I think about this product.

I understand these are made for golf and are intended to allow the feet to move and rotate, however I think True Linkswear made these MUCH too big. The downside to having such a large toe box is the extra material that buckles and folds when you walk. This became very uncomfortable for my toes after walking around my house for even a few minutes. It was made worse by the cheap feeling material the shoes are made out of. It's a hard leather-like material that was pinching the tops of my feet.

Additionally, the tongue is attached to the insides of the shoes to prevent slipping. It very poorly designed, as I found as soon as I started tightening the laces they wanted to slide to the outside of my foot. Even after adjusting them straight, they still wanted to slide down to the outside of the shoe.

There is ZERO arch support.

The pictures make them look much more attractive than they really are. In real life, these aren't winning any beauty contests. They really do look similar to clown shoes, mainly because of the large toe box and lack of arch support.

In my opinion, not worth the hype. These are going back.
[/quote]

First you said that the toe box is too big and then you state that it is pinching the top of your foot? Which one is it?
I hate when people come on here and rip a product as if its going to make or break a company. I am so glad that I dont work for a golf company anymore and I can come on here and voice my honest opinions about clowns like you. I have read many of your posts over the last few years and you are the most obnoxious guy on here. You are never happy with any product that you purchase and you feel the need to express that in here. What makes you think that TRUE should take the shoes back because you dont like them? If you buy a car, drive it around, and then decide to take it back, would you get your money back?
Suck it up, wear the shoes, and keep your negative s*** out of here......

[/quote]

I guess you didn't read my disclaimer. This is my opinion. I'll respond to some of your questions because even though I'm disappointed in these shoes, I still don't have any problems with True Linkswear as a company. I'd rather provide potential customers with unbiased first hand information about the product and my experience with the company. I don't think my opinion will make or break the company, but it's the internet and I'm entitled to share my opinion. Good or bad.

As a matter of fact, I've been very happy with my experience so far and do not draw negative conclusions of the company based on the fact that their product isn't for me. I also won't dip to personal attacks, as you did (although I will say I'm glad to see I have my very own personal fan club).

Because the toe box is too big, it creates larges creases and folds when I walked around. Since there is so much room in the toe box, the creases put uncomfortable pressure on the top of my feet/toes. I've never had this issue with any other pair of golf shoes. I also think the stiffness of the material doesn't help, as it gives the impression of being stabbed where the creases meet your foot. This may only be a problem with the Phx as they seem to be made out of a cheaper quality leather.

Also, a bit about the comfort. Walking on hard surfaces gave the impression that they're not very comfortable at all. However, walking on carpet was extremely comfortable. The last of arch and structural support really only works on softer surfaces. I have no doubt that wearing these on the golf course would be comfortable.

If you read earlier in this thread you'll see that I was actually very excited to receive these shoes. You can't deny there is a lot of hype over their 2012 line and after discussing some things with a representative from TRUE, I decided to buy a pair. In the end, I was very disappointed and decided they weren't for me. If they come out with a model in the future that are narrower I'd happily purchase them.

Oh, and what makes me think TRUE should take these shoes back? Their return policy does.

[quote name='yoshiod9']That's too bad about the PHX shoes... I really was hoping that they'd be nice! I'll just stick to the True Tours, I guess. Thanks for the heads up, Thaddy![/quote]
If you're happy with your current pair I'd definitely recommend checking out the Stealth or Tour. They seem to be made out of a better quality leather that's softer. If they actually fit my foot, I'd probably get one of those models.
[/quote]

giving someone a hard time because they did not like these shoes is really lame. I felt the same way. I was excited by these shoes but got them and they just did not work for me. the toe box is way too big for my feet, kinda weird. I sent them back and TRUE LINKS WEAR had EXCELLENT customer service and dealt with me in a timely and professional way. Good grief they are just shoes... not really that important in the scheme of things.....sometimes products are not for everyone, he was giving an honest review. I would have kept them except I am not an idiot willing to suck it up and wear shoes that dont fit.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

Everybody's foot is different and flex points, arches and volume of ANY shoe will work for some and not for others...personally I can't wear Irish Setters because they are made for a large volume foot.
Judge the shoe by the build quality because sometimes the fit just wasn't meant to be, and probably just as if not more important, judge how the company handles it when the shoe doesn't work.

As always - we appreciate the feedback that WRX provides. Believe me, it is all noted and taken to heart. We are a product company and our product will constantly evolve - it's never baked for good. Some of our customers are very passionate about TRUE and we appreciate their support, but we certainly understand that no product will work for everyone. We strive for perfection and will never get there - product can always be better.

We are really excited about the phx and believe it is a great shoe at that price point - but we'll keep working on improvements as we gather/observe feedback, iterate and product test because we strive to provide our customers with the best product, and customer service, possible.

The feedback and emails from WRX members, and other TRUE customers, helped us evolve the TRUE tour for 2012 and the early response to those changes has been overwhelmingly positive (it'll never be 100% of course).

So thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment on the TRUEs you purchased (and may have returned) - positive and negative - it's very helpful.

[quote name='Mr TRUE' timestamp='1328153788' post='4195333']
As always - we appreciate the feedback that WRX provides. Believe me, it is all noted and taken to heart. We are a product company and our product will constantly evolve - it's never baked for good. Some of our customers are very passionate about TRUE and we appreciate their support, but we certainly understand that no product will work for everyone. We strive for perfection and will never get there - product can always be better.

We are really excited about the phx and believe it is a great shoe at that price point - but we'll keep working on improvements as we gather/observe feedback, iterate and product test because we strive to provide our customers with the best product, and customer service, possible.

The feedback and emails from WRX members, and other TRUE customers, helped us evolve the TRUE tour for 2012 and the early response to those changes has been overwhelmingly positive (it'll never be 100% of course).

So thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment on the TRUEs you purchased (and may have returned) - positive and negative - it's very helpful.
[/quote]

Excellent post. Truly professional!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1328049847' post='4187179'] I understand these are made for golf and are intended to allow the feet to move and rotate, however I think True Linkswear made these MUCH too big. The downside to having such a large toe box is the extra material that buckles and folds when you walk. This became very uncomfortable for my toes after walking around my house for even a few minutes. It was made worse by the cheap feeling material the shoes are made out of. It's a hard leather-like material that was pinching the tops of my feet.[/quote]

[quote]Because the toe box is too big, it creates larges creases and folds when I walked around. Since there is so much room in the toe box, the creases put uncomfortable pressure on the top of my feet/toes. I've never had this issue with any other pair of golf shoes. I also think the stiffness of the material doesn't help, as it gives the impression of being stabbed where the creases meet your foot. This may only be a problem with the Phx as they seem to be made out of a cheaper quality leather.[/quote]I've never tried True Linkswear before yesterday, heard great reviews, but I won't be buying any shoes without first trying them on.

I tried the True Linkswear PHX on at the local Golf Town yesterday. What's described above is the same thing that happened to the 10 1/2 I tried on. The crease that formed (from the natural motion of the walk) on the vamp (google vamp if you don't know what it is) bent down and into the top of my foot. Putting them on, they felt great. Once I took two steps, I turned around, sat down and took them off. That's all it took for me to know they're not for me.

The shoe person asked what the problem was. I had already removed one shoe, so I held it up, bent the shoe as if I was walking and a rather sharp crese goes down about 1/2 inch into the shoe from the vamp.

If this was a soft, higher quality leather, you wouldn't feel the crease, as it would have given once it encountered the foot. That's not the case with these True Linkswears. The lower quality leather had zero give at the crease.

Oh well. I love the idea of these shoes, and prefer wearing shoes like Vibrams (almost no materal between heel and ground) but the materal they chose for the vamp is subpar.

The search continues.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='CPSOX' timestamp='1325556909' post='4019933']
[quote name='UGotHustled' timestamp='1325550854' post='4019407']
Very comfy, just don't like how they set you back on your heels. Feel like you re falling backwards.
[/quote]

They don't set you backwards. Every other shoe sets you forward with a raised heel. It may take a round or two to get used to the different feeling, as with any "barefoot" type shoe.

KDMullins - After walking 36 a day for 6 straight days this summer and having zero soreness in my wheels, I didn't care what they looked like. For a guy who had many, many, many pairs of Classics.....sold them all except for 3 pair, haven't worn those for a year either. The shoes are game changing.
[/quote]

wrong.....when standing barefoot you are not forced onto your heels as you are when wearing these shoes you are centered and balanced. As soon as I took off the shoes and stood barefoot I felt balanced.
So I don't really mind the style of these shoes. But i went again today to try on another pair because when I tried on the first pair I thought something was wrong because they set me back on my heels completely in an unnatural position. So the same thing happened again today how can you like being forced onto your heels it goes against proper posture in your swing.

Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
PING i230 4-U Recoil F4 Smac Wrap
Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"

[quote name='Chef Otto' timestamp='1330125074' post='4369869']
Very comfy, just don't like how they set you back on your heels. Feel like you re falling backwards.
[/quote]

They don't set you backwards. Every other shoe sets you forward with a raised heel. It may take a round or two to get used to the different feeling, as with any "barefoot" type shoe.

KDMullins - After walking 36 a day for 6 straight days this summer and having zero soreness in my wheels, I didn't care what they looked like. For a guy who had many, many, many pairs of Classics.....sold them all except for 3 pair, haven't worn those for a year either. The shoes are game changing.
[/quote]

wrong.....when standing barefoot you are not forced onto your heels as you are when wearing these shoes you are centered and balanced. As soon as I took off the shoes and stood barefoot I felt balanced.
So I don't really mind the style of these shoes. But i went again today to try on another pair because when I tried on the first pair I thought something was wrong because they set me back on my heels completely in an unnatural position. So the same thing happened again today how can you like being forced onto your heels it goes against proper posture in your swing.
[/quote]

Actually, being on your heels with the toes up off of the ground is proper for the golf swing. You should stay on your heels for the whole swing, until finish. That and the comfort are the two reasons I love my trues!

I've been trying to decide what to try, since I'm going to have to order over the net. Thought I'd just go for the black Tours, but man the white/white Tours look beautiful.

Don't know if I could go back to wearing white shoes tho, black is just too good for the lazy and unfashionable (like me).

[quote name='KDMullins' timestamp='1325549003' post='4019285']
I'm sorry, I just don't get it. I understand the comfort thing...at least I hope these are comfortable. They look like house slippers. Actually, they don't. I can't figure out what they look like. While I don't like all golf shoes, I can at least understand why some people do and/or what demographic they're trying to reach. I ascribe to the to each his own theory...after all, the world would be a pretty boring place if we all looked and acted the same.

That said, for the guys that like these, what is it you like about them from a styling standpoint? I'm trying to understand, but I just don't get it.
[/quote]
1 comfort
2 performance
3 different and very cool

153 Roddio M6s
Spoon Roddio F7s
Cleek Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybrid ut i7s
705 5-A Muziik Bangvoo
213 54/60 Muziik Bangvoo
SC Kombi S

I tried on some 2012 Tours last night. I will say the toe up thing wasn't nearly as bad or obvious to me. In fact, felt good. I may actually go back and get some. The PHX didn't feel as good to me. I wanted to like them on price point alone, but just weren't as comfy.

The ones I liked on my feet best were my least favorite on the website based on pics. The white with black saddle.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

[quote name='ronbo' timestamp='1325550393' post='4019371']
[size="6"][i][b]UGLY!!!!!!![/b][/i][/size]
[/quote]
Agreed...and when I saw some Trues at my nearby retailer, I thought the construction looked cheap as well.

Maybe they're fine, but not my cup of tea.

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

got my shoes today and they are sweet! i ordered the white/green and all black TOURS. I'm not entirely sure I got the right size because I recently tried on the 2011 version in a Golfsmith for sizing and 9, 9.5, and 10 all felt like they fit well which was odd. I ended up ordering the 10's and just wore both pairs around the house. Can't wait to put them in play! FWIW, I was one of the people begging for an all white shoe last year and boy am I lucky, because I absolutely adore the looks of the white/green pair

[quote name='Chef Otto' timestamp='1330125074' post='4369869']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've worn mine for over a year - I suggest you have someone check your address position.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

My 2nd pair of TRUE Tour's have held up much better than my first (side note - my first pair was bought early 2011, 40 rounds later the sole was seperating along the toe box, emailed Rob and he had a new pair of my choice out to me within a day). I also picked up a pair of the Masters Editions last year and haven't had a single problem with them.

I finally slipped for the first time during a round on Saturday. It was on an awkward lie where I had one foot in the bunker.

The PHX's were on display at the local golfsmith. They definitely don't have the same wide toe box look as the 2011 Tours which is nice. I've ordered a pair of brown PHX's for casual work days and summer golf. Now I just hope my wife gets me the white/mud stealths for my birthday. :birthday:

The all white with green sole or the white with black saddle? I cannot decide. When I tried them on at Martins in Myrtle Beach and 3 of my bddies said all white while I wa slightly leaning towards the saddle.

[quote name='Minarets' timestamp='1330434224' post='4394253']
The all white with green sole or the white with black saddle? I cannot decide. When I tried them on at Martins in Myrtle Beach and 3 of my bddies said all white while I wa slightly leaning towards the saddle.
[/quote]

One of each! You know you want to! If I could only have one though, I would go with the white/green combo!

[quote name='Sean25rp' timestamp='1330440702' post='4394759']
[quote name='Minarets' timestamp='1330434224' post='4394253']
[/quote]

One of each! You know you want to! If I could only have one though, I would go with the white/green combo!
[/quote]

Easy there tiger. One shoe for now. My adipures are still really good, but $150 for shoes is all for now. I guess white green it is!

• 1 month later...

FWIW

I have been a True wearer for a year now and thought I would share my experience with these for those who care. As with all things, YMMV - these are just my thoughts.

Looks
Thought they looked interesting when I first saw pix of the 2011 Tours early last year. They are certainly "interesting" and definitely not for all tastes. The 2011 Tours definitely have the clown shoe look that everyone refers to. I had purchased the all black Tours in the hope they would be less flashy given the unusual design, but actually that just exacerbated the huge look. I got over it though given comfort and performance (noted below).

Also purchased a pair of 2011 Stealths when they came out. Admittedly because I was hoping they would look less clowny, but I returned them. I just didn't think that it warranted the $ given my impression of quality.

I bought a pair of 2012 gray/electric blue Tours. Definitely noticeable if you like that sort of thing; I am over my previous hangup. Wide in front (compared to most other types of shoes), but compared to the 2011 Tours, much slimmer looking (a good thing in my mind). I would point out that they look almost whitish in most pictures but definitely a darker gray in person (I think).

Recently ordered the Limited Ed. Masters phx. Sweet white with green - pebbley leather. Look pretty much like the white/green Tours though - frankly was looking for something with a little bit of a special touch. So a bit disappointed about that.

Sizing
For reference, I had previously worn FootJoys size 10 and they were always perfect. Originally ordered 10 in the 2011 Tours, but they were uncomfortable. This was due to the upturned toe, so they hurt when I walked as the bend of the shoe and where my toes met the shoe was not a good fit. Returned for 10.5, I was concerned they would be too big, but ended up being quite comfortable.

(One thought I have is that maybe those having problems with the top biting into the top of their feet should try 1/2 size larger. Seemed to alleviate my problems.)

Had heard that with the new design, the 2012s might be fitting slightly differently. Got the gray/blue 2012 Tours in 10 and they fit very well. I have played 1 round walking and they were very comfortable. Less of an upturned toebox seems to be the difference.

The LE Master phx are also 10. They seem to fit well but haven't had the chance to play in them yet.

Comfort
It was definitely a change of pace when I first put the Tours on last year. I have medium width but flattish feet and these felt very comfortable. Walking and playing took a bit getting used to but not a difficult transition. You do feel flat on the ground due to lack of raised heel which likely lends to the 'slipper' feel; sort of like moccasins/driving shoes. Also felt a bit weird for a while with the really wide toebox. In addition, the sole of the 2011 was pretty soft so hard surfaces felt pretty hard, but walking on grass (not enough on the short grass!) was quite comfortable.

I always walk when allowed and I used to have problems with cramps in my legs after playing. I am in good shape and work out a couple times a week, so was a very weird thing for me. Since I have started wearing True - no problems!

2012 with narrower toebox, less upturn and new sole are big improvement in my mind and to my feet. Less of a splayed out feel in the toes is a good thing. Also the new sole seems stiffer to me so I think it gives a feeling of increased support on all surfaces. Although I only wore them once, I have lots of positive comparisons with the 2011s and no negative ones, so I guess True is looking out for me at least.

These are flat and have minimal arch support, so if you need it, you are not going to get it with these.

Performance
2011 - Once I got used to the flatter feel, I really started to pay closer attention to my stance and weight shift (also partly due to some lessons I was taking) but I did not find the shoes causing me to swing from my heels. I felt like I had better balance not worse. Like most members here, I will play in all kinds of weather and since I leave in the northeast, I often have to. Never had any unusual problems with slipping in various conditions on drives, irons or anything else. Seemed just as good as my black widows spikes. I only wore these on the course, so never had any issues with the nubs wearing down so I cannot comment on that issue. One thing that was a nuisance was that last years sole was a magnet for wet grass clippings. The grooves on the bottom filled up quickly and had to be continually cleaned out, otherwise grip did become an issue (as it would for any shoe). As waterproof as rubber boots, but breathe as well too (gets a bit hot sometimes). Gore-tex next time, True?

2012 - As I said, I have only played in them once. While it had rained the day before, the course wasn't real wet. Grip seemed good and I think even better than the 2011s. I think the new sole feels firmer so I felt better pushing off on full shots. Still had good feel on the ground and greens. Walking performance was good as expected. At this point, I do not have experience with grass clipping or waterproof-ness, so I cannot comment yet.

That is all I have for now. YMMV and opinions will differ, but these are mine.

Really interested in the Stealths, unfortunately they aren't easy to come by here in Sweden. There is a distributor, but nowhere to buy or try them as of yet. Which makes it kinda hard as I really want to try them on for size first. I currently wear Ecco Streets in size euro 46 (US 12 I think), and find them a tiny bit too small. Might be because I need custom soles in them, and they are kinda thick. I have really high arches (like the outside middle part of my foot doesn't touch the ground), so usually need extra support. The TRUES are described as having form fitting insoles, but I wonder if they would be enough.

They sound really good tho, and I like the "sitting back" effect as described in the thread. I changed from my Adidas Tour 360s to sneakers and found that I struck the ball immensely better when I was closer to the ground, so these sound like they would fit me and my style of play great.

Hopefully these can start to get a presence here in Sweden as well so I can try them on. I assume I should get 12.5s but I want to try first. I've contacted the distributor here, so hopefully we can work something out. Although they state on their webpage that the Stealths have to be custom ordered.

I also think they look great in the pics.

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]

I've had nothing but good things to say about my True's since I got my first pair last year. A bit of a warning here today:

I bought shortly after the brown/white Tours came out. I bought on eBay after trying on in store for size. The left shoe fits as in the store, the right shoe is a bit smaller than anything I tried on in the store. I went back and tried every pair in the store and none fit like the ones I got off eBay. Not so much as to make them unwearable, but not as comfortable as they should be and unwearable after about five hours. Even so, I bought an all black pair of 2011 Tours this winter at close-out prices and they are awesome. Best shoes I've worn and I've worn some very expensive and wonderful shoes. Like the other Tours, they help me feel the green and I really think they improve my putting.

Tried on the PHX's at local bog-box golf store today. Look good in brown. Would be super with kaki pants. Also look good in white. Tried 1/2 size smaller that Tours and they fit great. Problem was quality of construction. There was a very sharp thing sticking through the tongue right near where the tongue meets the shoe. It jabbed into my foot making the shoe unwearable. Since that was the only size 10.5 pair in any color, I walked out empty handed and afraid to buy them from anywhere that returns might be an issue. The bad shoe was given to a store clerk and taken off the floor.

All that said, I will be adding a pair of PHX's to my collection. And my Black/Black Tours are my go-to-shoes for this season.

[quote name='bankers0' timestamp='1334153671' post='4699880']

Comfort
It was definitely a change of pace when I first put the Tours on last year. I have medium width but flattish feet and these felt very comfortable. Walking and playing took a bit getting used to but not a difficult transition. You do feel flat on the ground due to lack of raised heel which likely lends to the 'slipper' feel; sort of like moccasins/driving shoes. Also felt a bit weird for a while with the really wide toebox. In addition, the sole of the 2011 was pretty soft so hard surfaces felt pretty hard, but walking on grass (not enough on the short grass!) was quite comfortable.

I always walk when allowed and I used to have problems with cramps in my legs after playing. I am in good shape and work out a couple times a week,so was a very weird thing for me. Since I have started wearing True - no problems!

[/quote]

I just bought the white True PHX model. Tried the 2012 Tour model and expecting to be better than PHX. But the PHX just fits my feet well. Will play this weekend and hope that it will alleviate my leg cramping. I workout 2-3 times a week and can't understand why I do experience leg cramping. Currently using Footjoy Contours.

I have to post an update from my previous raving comments about the TRUE's. While I am still thoroughly enjoying the 2011 models that I own, I had been looking forward to picking up a pair of 2012's. I've been into Golfsmith and the PGA Superstores here in DFW at least 4 times now to try on various colors of PHX's and TRUE Tours and for the life of me I can't find a pair that is comfortable.

When I put them on my feet, they look and feel great. When I start to walk a few steps, the tounge starts to dig into my foot and the flex point on top of my feet at the base of my toes is very rigid. I've tried bending the shoes and tongues to break in the leather a bit of hoping this would alleviate the issue but alas the same pains are still there. I went up half a size and still had the same issue. There is something incredibly rigid about the new tongue design that really digs into my feet. I have a very low arch so it's not an issue of my foot being crammed into the shoe. I guess there won't be any 2012's in my future.

On the plus side, I was able to add another pair of 2011 clown shoes to my stash as the PGA Superstore still has about 30 pairs in various colors/sizes on sale for $60. If only they had the 2011 brown stealths in my size...

Just ordered a pair of the white/mud stealth and black/mud stealth. Can't wait to get them and wear them on the course. I have 2 pairs of the 2011 tours and they are unreal shoes, i am very excited to try the stealths. I will be sure to post my thought about them after I get them

SLDR 10.5 Fujikura 757 X
X2 Hot 3 Deep Kiyoshi Purple 75 X
Adams DHY Motore Speeder 8.8 S
Miura CB 501 4-PW KBS Tour V X
Callaway MD 2 52,56,60 KBS Tour X
Scotty Cameron Squareback or Futura X

[quote name='mctrees02' timestamp='1334346685' post='4716182']
I have to post an update from my previous raving comments about the TRUE's. While I am still thoroughly enjoying the 2011 models that I own, I had been looking forward to picking up a pair of 2012's. I've been into Golfsmith and the PGA Superstores here in DFW at least 4 times now to try on various colors of PHX's and TRUE Tours and for the life of me I can't find a pair that is comfortable.

When I put them on my feet, they look and feel great. When I start to walk a few steps, the tounge starts to dig into my foot and the flex point on top of my feet at the base of my toes is very rigid. I've tried bending the shoes and tongues to break in the leather a bit of hoping this would alleviate the issue but alas the same pains are still there. I went up half a size and still had the same issue. There is something incredibly rigid about the new tongue design that really digs into my feet. I have a very low arch so it's not an issue of my foot being crammed into the shoe. I guess there won't be any 2012's in my future.

On the plus side, I was able to add another pair of 2011 clown shoes to my stash as the PGA Superstore still has about 30 pairs in various colors/sizes on sale for $60. If only they had the 2011 brown stealths in my size...
[/quote]
I had that issue as well. It goes away. The 2012 versions are a significant upgrade over the 2011. Flatter platform, and a better design/fit. I had to return 3 pairs of the same shoe due to sole separation. Still think they have some overall quality issues (thread, paint on sole etc.) to stack up w Adidas, Nike et al wrt similar price point shoes, but if you are looking for the feel of playing barefoot, nothing comes close to TT's. I use them a ton at the range as well. Never have to change shoes! Even wore them to work a few times.

[quote name='mikec3672' timestamp='1334410544' post='4720122']
[quote name='mctrees02' timestamp='1334346685' post='4716182']

[/quote]
I had that issue as well. It goes away. The 2012 versions are a significant upgrade over the 2011. Flatter platform, and a better design/fit. I had to return 3 pairs of the same shoe due to sole separation. Still think they have some overall quality issues (thread, paint on sole etc.) to stack up w Adidas, Nike et al wrt similar price point shoes, but if you are looking for the feel of playing barefoot, nothing comes close to TT's. I use them a ton at the range as well. Never have to change shoes! Even wore them to work a few times.
[/quote]

Hmm...maybe I'll pick up a pair in a few months. I'm just a bit skeptical about the tongue breaking in as I haven't seen anybody else say that it does yet. The pain on the top of my foot lasted into the next day from "test walking" around in a pair of 2012's for about 10 minutes at the store. I'm a True whore though so I'm sure I'll give them another shot later this year.