Scottish Golf Museum (Tour Pro Equipment)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also love to lay my grubby little hands on one of these again, the Maruman Conductor Pro driver that Woosnam used to win the 1991 Masters using it with great effect to carry 'Sandy's Bunker' on 18, well both of them in fact !

They released them as retail shortly after his victory and from what I remember of it it was a solid feeling club with the unusual mix of the modern day graphite shaft and old school persimmon head.

WoosnamDriver.jpg

WoosnamDriver-1.jpg

Gachet,

What a fantastic post, another classic! I've a couple o fhis Maruman drivers almost identical to that one has his name engraved, with the same loft lie length swingweight decal on the shaft

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/216470-witb-with-moaningm/page__st__90__p__3704611?do=findComment&comment=3704611

If we ever meet up pn the course I shall make sure to bring one along for a swipe :)

Great thread!

I laughed when I read the part about the girlfriend. That's classic. He should ditch her and just get a good dog.

A friend once told me that if you want to find out if your girlfriend or your dog loves you more, lock both of them in the trunk of your car for one hour, and you will see which one is more excited to see you when you open the trunk.

[quote name='MoaningM' timestamp='1326056741' post='4046815']
Gachet,

What a fantastic post, another classic! I've a couple o fhis Maruman drivers almost identical to that one has his name engraved, with the same loft lie length swingweight decal on the shaft

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/216470-witb-with-moaningm/page__st__90__p__3704611#entry3704611"]http://www.golfwrx.c...11#entry3704611[/url]

If we ever meet up pn the course I shall make sure to bring one along for a swipe :)

Great thread!
[/quote]
Wow, that sure is some collection you have got there MoaningM, a real aladdins cave !!!

I love the Tad Moores, Ping putters and of course the Maruman pieces of furniture, very nice mate.

You will have to open up your own museum like our mate here but appropriately name it the 'Welsh Golf Museum' ! :)

[quote name='The Gachet' timestamp='1326058277' post='4046917']
Gachet,

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/216470-witb-with-moaningm/page__st__90__p__3704611#entry3704611"]http://www.golfwrx.c...11#entry3704611[/url]

Great thread!
[/quote]
Wow, that sure is some collection you have got there MoaningM, a real aladdins cave !!!

I love the Tad Moores, Ping putters and of course the Maruman pieces of furniture, very nice mate.

You will have to open up your own museum like our mate here but appropriately name it the 'Welsh Golf Museum' ! :)
[/quote]

LOL!

Sadly he's on a totally different level to me, but I like ya thinking! We always need something to aim for in life dont we!

I love that Seve Slazenger bag he has, what a beauty!

TomWatsonIrons.jpg

Do any Tom Watson fans know what the 276 stamping relates to on his one iron !? Would it be his total winning score in the 1977 Masters !?

You nailed it. They also made a "282" which referred to his US Open win at Pebble... had less sole camber than the 276. Still have the 276's in my garage, sans 1-iron, though. They were my gamers from about '92-'00 but now merely serve as a dose of humility during occasional trips to the range. Awesome find here... thanks.

[size="3"]Great stuff! Thanks for the link. [/size][size="3"]Really appreciated seeing all of those classicWilson Staff wedges among all of the other clubs in this amazing collection.[/size] [size="3"]Anyone out there know the significance of the RG stamp, like the one on Faldo's Staff wedge, vs. the block letter JP Stamp?[/size]

[quote name='eagle9' timestamp='1326155474' post='4052975']
[size="3"]Great stuff! Thanks for the link. [/size][size="3"]Really appreciated seeing all of those classicWilson Staff wedges among all of the other clubs in this amazing collection.[/size] [size="3"]Anyone out there know the significance of the RG stamp, like the one on Faldo's Staff wedge, vs. the block letter JP Stamp?[/size]

[/quote]
JP stands for Joe Phillips...He was a club designer and really the first tour rep. He was an awesome guy, and I was lucky enough to play with him when I was a young pro. After we played he set me up with a great staff deal with Wilson.
Zach

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I emailed Gary at the Scottish Golf Museum about some of his unknown siganture items, and he just emailed back (see below). Quite obvious that all the attention is coming from golfwrx!

Can I ask out of curiousity how you heard about the site? I have had a wonderful response from the States in the last week and am curious at to how the information is getting out there.

Very best wishes, and best wishes from Scotland,

Gary

[quote name='damnorcross' timestamp='1326229721' post='4059033']
I emailed Gary at the Scottish Golf Museum about some of his unknown siganture items, and he just emailed back (see below). Quite obvious that all the attention is coming from golfwrx!

Can I ask out of curiousity how you heard about the site? I have had a wonderful response from the States in the last week and am curious at to how the information is getting out there.

Very best wishes, and best wishes from Scotland,

Gary
[/quote]

Haha that's quality! Did you tell him about this site and the Gachet's handiwork?

[quote name='eagle9' timestamp='1326155474' post='4052975']
[size="3"]Great stuff! Thanks for the link. [/size][size="3"]Really appreciated seeing all of those classic Wilson Staff wedges among all of the other clubs in this amazing collection.[/size] [size="3"]Anyone out there know the significance of the RG stamp, like the one on Faldo's Staff wedge, vs. the block letter JP Stamp?[/size]
[/quote]
I'm very interested in this too as I was always under the impression that he used a block letter JPII stamped tour staff wedge !?

[quote name='MoaningM' timestamp='1326059144' post='4046985']
[quote name='The Gachet' timestamp='1326058277' post='4046917']
Gachet,

Great thread!
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

Sadly he's on a totally different level to me, but I like ya thinking! We always need something to aim for in life dont we!

[b][size="2"]I love that Seve Slazenger bag he has, what a beauty![/size][/b]
[/quote]

That Slazenger bag really catches your eye doesn't it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...