Copper putters

tatumcat

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='danattherock' timestamp='1326561862' post='4083739']<br>Only reason I can think of is ^^^^<br><br><br>After buying my Yamada 85029 (Musashi) in "burning copper", I am a fan.<br><br><br>Amazing feel. Like nothing I have used. <br><br><br>My older SC tei3's teryllium (copper) come close, but the Yamada is butter. <br><br><br><br><br>-Dan<br>[/quote]<br><br>Dan-<br><br>I wish someone would pay us to play copper!<br><br>I bet that flat stick of yours is teets!

[quote name='From_Parts_Unknown' timestamp='1326560113' post='4083589']
Because no one is paying them to use copper.
[/quote]

Very few players are playing a putter because they're getting paid to do so. Most players are on 10-12 club contracts, which allows them to pick a couple of clubs from different manufactures without violating their contract. Of all the clubs in the bag the putter is the one that players will be most selective about. Any major OEM can put a solid driver, fairway wood, iron, or wedge in their players hands. And if they can't ( Taylormade, early Nike) they have miura forge them a set with their own stampings. Just think of all the taylormade staffers playing camerons, or stricker playing an odyssey, z. johnson with a seemore. Players play putters because it's what works best for them. As for why they aren't using copper putters I'm not sure. It may be that they are actually too soft, you actually lose some feel when that happens. Thats why the Taylormade Nubbins putter didn't stick. Although if it ever catches on with a major OEM I wouldn't be surprised to see players giving them an extra look.

One of the big problems with copper is that it bends, so the specs constantly need to be checked/adjusted.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Tour pros don't get paid to play putters, wow. I could have sworn there was something called tee up money. I guess we were all wrong.

I could see how the specs adjustment could be a problem. It's probably hard to find a bending machine on tour week to week.

Dan, sick putter. I hope she's a gamer.

[quote name='GolfLinks86' timestamp='1326563449' post='4083863']
[/quote]

Very few players are playing a putter because they're getting paid to do so. Most players are on 10-12 club contracts, which allows them to pick a couple of clubs from different manufactures without violating their contract. Of all the clubs in the bag the putter is the one that players will be most selective about. Any major OEM can put a solid driver, fairway wood, iron, or wedge in their players hands. And if they can't ( Taylormade, early Nike) they have miura forge them a set with their own stampings. Just think of all the taylormade staffers playing camerons, or stricker playing an odyssey, z. johnson with a seemore. Players play putters because it's what works best for them. As for why they aren't using copper putters I'm not sure. It may be that they are actually too soft, you actually lose some feel when that happens. Thats why the Taylormade Nubbins putter didn't stick. Although if it ever catches on with a major OEM I wouldn't be surprised to see players giving them an extra look.
[/quote]

Not sure where you came up with your facts.. This statement is so full of holes it just makes me laugh...

Hell yes she is a gamer. So will the next Yamada I buy. Got some emails out now. Looks like 5 dealers in the US. All have about a one week order time. Not bad. Looking at getting the same putter in the flowneck version. Burning copper of course.

heritage-3.jpg

I thought you were spending your money on a TCM putting device?busted2.gif

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Jason Gore bagged a Cameron BBC (all copper) for some time but it was so soft the specs would change when he leaned on it. So, he quit playing it. But he now has a copper head putter with a stainless neck to prevent the problem. Reliability is a problem with 100% copper.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

I thought you were spending your money on a TCM putting device?busted2.gif

Ha ha.. I got both. The Can't Miss training aid was half off with coupon code Peanut Gallery, so I was some how able to rationalize picking up a Yamada Emperor on Ebay. Had been watching it all week. 34.5" Nippon shaft, white iomic midsize, brand new putter with soft black finish, for $300? I couldn't say no. Comes out to about $150 off regular price if I had ordered one. $150 is exactly what The Can't Miss training aid cost with the 1/2 off coupon code. Hmm.... Kismet? Me thinks so.

The Can't Miss (gyroscope) looks like a killer device. Can't wait to try it out and see if it helps my putting stroke. Tons of videos on Youtube and of course at the website. Invented in Australia, made in England, the reviews online are stellar. But at $280, doubt they sell many. My order # was 547 and I suspect that is how many they have sold worldwide. But for $150, I was willing to give it a whirl. The logic is sound. Technology is there. Curious to find out.

http://www.thecantmiss.com/products/The-Can't-Miss.html

I got this...

emperor-sbm.jpg

6698040145_f05e8f1c8c_o.jpg

-Dan

Its because they all wear those copper bracelets to ensure that their emissions of holistic energy are in balance and their chi is in check. If they used a copper putter with a copper bracelet that would be too much ionizing power and their chi and feng shui would get so far out of whack it would take months to get right again.

[attachment=984831:TheMoreYouKnow.jpg]

[quote name='newportbeach' timestamp='1326580009' post='4085047']
Jason Gore bagged a Cameron BBC (all copper) for some time but it was so soft the specs would change when he leaned on it. So, he quit playing it. But he now has a copper head putter with a stainless neck to prevent the problem. Reliability is a problem with 100% copper.
[/quote]

That is a lot to ask of a steel neck!:cheesy: (Don't worry Jason, I am right there with you!)

I worried about the same thing along with the head getting beat up so I had two Machines with copper inserts made. Not as soft as the pure copper, but softer than carbon. The Machine inserts are pressed in so there is no elastomer. I would say in the stainless head they are just a touch softer than carbon, but very good feedback. I also have a Machine copper head with a Gore proof stainless flow neck!

[attachment=984851:DSC_8181_edited-1.jpg]

[attachment=984843:DSC_3902_edited-1.jpg]

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1326679621' post='4090807']
Its because they all wear those copper bracelets to ensure that their emissions of holistic energy are in balance and their chi is in check. If they used a copper putter with a copper bracelet that would be too much ionizing power and their chi and feng shui would get so far out of whack it would take months to get right again.

[attachment=984831:TheMoreYouKnow.jpg]

[/qu

That is funny.

Really hadnt thought about the softness in the neck area,that Yamada looks great,how soft does copper plated carbon feel?That Machine with the insert and the fluted neck also looks great.So many great looking putters,ive decided i'll never drive the ball farther so instead of buying drivers i'm going to work this year on the other end and try to improve my putting,besides putters are easier to personalize than drivers.So many great choices available.

[quote name='Z-Man' timestamp='1326577338' post='4084851']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure where you came up with your facts.. This statement is so full of holes it just makes me laugh...
[/quote]

I laughed too. I'd be curious to where they based their knowledge too. "Mixed bag" deal is the new hit on the PGA Tour. A guy might have a 10-12 club deal here and a 1 or 2 club deal here, shoe ball, glove deal there......but I assure you there is A LOT of pay for play in the putter category. A certain company pays weekly premiums for Shoe, Ball, Glove, Putter...and even more for other clubs added. The players you mentioned might opt out of that "bonus" money, but it's there for the taking if they chose to use their main bag sponsor's putter.

[quote name='newportbeach' timestamp='1326580009' post='4085047']
[/quote]

I was gonna mention Gore's putter too.

Cobra Bio Cell 11*
F6 Baffler 17.5
Hibore Hybrid 22*
850 Forged 5-GW
MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
Odyssey 7

[quote name='Z-Man' timestamp='1326577338' post='4084851']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
:cheesy:+1

That bottom putter is SWEET.

Makes me want to order one. I had looked into it a year or two ago, but the "regular" models were no longer being made. I wanted a one piece head.

-Dan

Dan,

Tried sending you a PM, but keep getting this:

The member danattherock cannot receive any new messages

Let me know if I can help.

Here are some other Billet Copper heads we have made :)

MP_PAD_Lefty_Stock_012511_7x-1.jpg

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_8hc-1.jpg

MP_M1AA_R_Johsnon_WIP_10c-1.jpg

MP_M1AA_R_Johsnon_WIP_6C_smu.jpg

One of the reasons you don't see a on of Billet Copper Heads is that Billet Copper is one HEAVY material.

Thanks

-Chris

• 6 months later...

That bottom putter is SWEET.

Makes me want to order one. I had looked into it a year or two ago, but the "regular" models were no longer being made. I wanted a one piece head.

-Dan

Dan,

Tried sending you a PM, but keep getting this:

The member danattherock cannot receive any new messages

Let me know if I can help.

Here are some other Billet Copper heads we have made smile.gif

MP_PAD_Lefty_Stock_012511_7x-1.jpg

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_8hc-1.jpg

MP_M1AA_R_Johsnon_WIP_10c-1.jpg

MP_M1AA_R_Johsnon_WIP_6C_smu.jpg

One of the reasons you don't see a on of Billet Copper Heads is that Billet Copper is one HEAVY material.

Thanks

-Chris

I like that OOVII head. :partytime2: Machine also notched out the bottom to make it lighter. The head is still around 360g after all that. Copper feels great and patinas nice.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Sub Zero 9.5 Graphite Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
TEE CB4 13* Attas 3
Srixon Z945 4- pw PXi 6.0
Callaway XR Pro 18* Veylix Alpina
Vokey TVD Tour Issue Raw 50, 55, 60
Byron Morgan DH 89 welded recon neck
Machine M10 with stubby neck
Snell MTB

Dream BIG...dare to fail.[/font]