Iliac Golf

orlen

[quote name='asong77' timestamp='1328943076' post='4258863']
[quote name='Boomer Maples' timestamp='1328942259' post='4258833']
Check-out Stitch Golf, made in the USA. All leather and wool covers. I bought one at Winged Foot and it is awesome.
[/quote]

Thanks for the head's up.

Checked them out but their online shop is not set up yet, darn it...but has potential. Liked them on FB for 20% off first order. I wonder how they'll price the headcovers...
[/quote]

I paid $49 for my driver cover @ the Foot. I have a few sets of iliac and the Stitch covers are better. Check on PGATour.com shop they sell them directly and ship the next day.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr.Fuji' timestamp='1328960102' post='4259201']
[quote name='asong77' timestamp='1328933422' post='4258133']
[quote name='Mr.Fuji' timestamp='1328932077' post='4257975']
I had [b][size="3"]zero issues[/size][/b] with my Royal HC order, had it in about [b][size="3"]5 week or so from delivery[/size][/b] and even added stuff to my original order and it all went very well...I will definitely be a return customer.

Cheers,

Scott
[/quote]

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly of a patient person as you must be.

I'm sorry but unless they're importing a live cow from another country and slaughtering, tanning, and preparing the leather for the head cover themselves (like someone already mentioned), 5 weeks or so is NOT what I would consider zero issues. Maybe I'm too spoiled with all the Internet shopping and whatnot, but unless something is custom made specifically for me, even two weeks is too long for my tastes.

I guess what bothers people is that if they knew going in that it would take 5 weeks, it wouldn't be as bad. But there are a lot of people who ordered them as Christmas gifts that STILL haven't received their orders in mid-February, or were told they would be delivered by a certain time frame but weren't.
[/quote]

I was told when I ordered it would take 4-6 weeks to get my order and I already knew that going in...Part of the attraction to the Illiac brand is that they are not mass produced off the shelf stock garbage, they are a boutique company and you get what you pay for and they are not something that you see everywhere which to me makes them unique and that much more desireable.

Cheers,
Scott
[/quote]

Ahh, ok...still too long for my tastes but thanks for the clarification.

I get what a niche item from a boutique company is all about but with that being said, it's still just a head cover. And it's not exactly like their head covers are similar to say a...a limited edition Scotty head cover. I really couldn't care less whether something is mass produced...as long as it's high-quality, visually appealing and unique, functional, and has a great reputation and/or reviews, or I will buy it...whether it's a head cover or anything else for that matter.

And disagree with you that off-the-shelf is garbage...some definitely are but I wouldn't consider most items that you buy from retail stores and/or a large distribution channel to be "garbage".

It's great that iliac is positioning themselves in the manner in which they chose, and it's clearly obvious that they turn out very high-quality products, but if they don't back that up with great customer service, which is all-encompassing including a faster turnaround for placed orders, I'm not sure how successful they will be in the highly competitive golf accessories marketplace.

I mean...just look at this one thread alone...there's already 6-7 members who are not happy with their turnaround and delivery time, and another 2-3 members who don't mind because they love the product. This thread caused me not to place an order with them, and though I'm just one single person, multiple this small sample with a larger audience and you obviously get a lot more complaints than compliments.

I definitely would like to try their products, but not nearly enough to wait 4-6 weeks for it. If that time frame drops significantly, I'll be more than happy to place an order but until it does, I'll be on the sidelines.

[quote name='Boomer Maples' timestamp='1328965418' post='4259411']
Check-out Stitch Golf, made in the USA. All leather and wool covers. I bought one at Winged Foot and it is awesome.
[/quote]

Checked them out but their online shop is not set up yet, darn it...but has potential. Liked them on FB for 20% off first order. I wonder how they'll price the headcovers...
[/quote]

I paid $49 for my driver cover @ the Foot. I have a few sets of iliac and the Stitch covers are better. Check on PGATour.com shop they sell them directly and ship the next day.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the info and recommendation...they're actually on sale for nearly 50% off at the PGA Tour site...I picked up a driver cover to try!

[url="http://shop.pgatour.com/accessory.aspx?pd=1022533"]http://shop.pgatour....aspx?pd=1022533[/url]

Also, I commented on their FB page asking when their online shop will be running to retail customers...this is the response I received: "Hey Andrew, you can call us directly at (866) 529 9448 (ext1) and we can help you. Wool is launching the Masters Week and Leather is in-stock now."
[/font]
I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again.
[font="arial, sans-serif"]

I agree with you guys. I don't see a problem with their niche and who they are marketing too, but 4-6 weeks is way to long for anyone to wait. I think they'll lose business that way and turn customers off. They do have a beautiful, quality product, but the service aspect is missing.

The only "off the shelf" Iliac has are in some top tier club houses or country clubs...but it's not easy to find those either

[/quote]

[/quote]

I paid $49 for the leather drive coverr, great quality.

[quote name='Boomer Maples' timestamp='1328985279' post='4261179']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How is the fit on the driver? Do you happen to have any pictures of them on the driver itself? I've only seen pictures of the head covers by itself and not on a club...

[quote name='asong77' timestamp='1328983032' post='4260933']
Thanks a lot for the info and recommendation...they're actually on sale for nearly 50% off at the PGA Tour site...I picked up a driver cover to try!
[url="http://shop.pgatour.com/accessory.aspx?pd=1022533"]http://shop.pgatour....aspx?pd=1022533[/url]
Also, I commented on their FB page asking when their online shop will be running to retail customers...this is the response I received: "Hey Andrew, you can call us directly at (866) 529 9448 (ext1) and we can help you. Wool is launching the Masters Week and Leather is in-stock now."
[/quote]

asong77,

Thank you very much. I ordered the Stitch driver, 3 wood and hybrid racing stripe covers in black from the PGA Tour site. Great deal.

I'll start another thread with a review once the season starts.

Serge

[quote name='asong77' timestamp='1328985567' post='4261207']
[quote name='Boomer Maples' timestamp='1328985279' post='4261179']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How is the fit on the driver? Do you happen to have any pictures of them on the driver itself? I've only seen pictures of the head covers by itself and not on a club...
[/quote]

[quote name='sergizmo' timestamp='1328988650' post='4261529']
[/quote]

asong77,

Thank you very much. I ordered the Stitch driver, 3 wood and hybrid racing stripe covers in black from the PGA Tour site. Great deal.

Serge
[/quote]

Nice, I did the same...don't thank me, thank Boomer Maples...he's the one who first mentioned Stitch, as well as where to buy them. I'll look forward to the review and pics!

[quote name='asong77' timestamp='1329018822' post='4264407']
[/quote]

asong77,

Serge
[/quote]

Nice, I did the same...don't thank me, thank Boomer Maples...he's the one who first mentioned Stitch, as well as where to buy them. I'll look forward to the review and pics!
[/quote]

I ordered another Stitch driver and 3 wood head cover to give as a gift, and this time, I used Global Golf. If you go to their Facebook page and "Like" them, they give you a coupon code instantly for $5 off. In addition, using coupon code "AFS99" gives you free shipping (code description says orders over $99, but it still accepted). Both coupons worked together stacked, so a final price of $59.98 shipped for two, seemingly very high quality leather head covers...certainly can't beat the price.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='roll - gybe' timestamp='1331137631' post='4455309']
I ordered some Stitch covers on Friday, got them on Tuesday. They are really nice.

Still waiting on Iliac - THREE MONTHS NOW for a really expensive putter cover.
[/quote]
I cancelled my order and just ordered some Jan Craigs.

Does anyone know of a place that makes the sweet leather headcovers that sells to Canada? Back9USA doesnt.....stitch golf head covers would cost me $35 in shipping from pgatour.com (more than the freakin' headcover itself!!!)....I'm wary of iliac and i'm not even sure they ship the states......

I really want a fairway wood headcover....or a couple (I have a 3, 5 and 7.......yeah yeah, laugh it up). Can someone hook a Canadian brother up?

I tried to order a shirt from Iliac and once I put in my mailing address to Canada...shipping costs said "$180" :S!!
[quote name='eric_b' timestamp='1331238862' post='4463957']
Does anyone know of a place that makes the sweet leather headcovers that sells to Canada? Back9USA doesnt.....stitch golf head covers would cost me $35 in shipping from pgatour.com (more than the freakin' headcover itself!!!)....I'm wary of iliac and i'm not even sure they ship the states......

I really want a fairway wood headcover....or a couple (I have a 3, 5 and 7.......yeah yeah, laugh it up). Can someone hook a Canadian brother up?
[/quote]

[quote name='fossil' timestamp='1331262922' post='4466849']
I tried to order a shirt from Iliac and once I put in my mailing address to Canada...shipping costs said "$180" :S!!

[/quote]
[/quote]

I ordered 5 Royal covers and a hat last summer to Canada and it cost me $22.47 in shipping, so yes they ship to Canada and no the price isn't that expensive.

Cheers,

Scott

Callaway Sub Zero, Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Ping SF Tech 16*
Titleist 816H1 21*
Titleist 913H 24*
Callaway Razr MB 5-PW
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60*
Spider X Copper

[/quote]

asong77,

Serge
[/quote]

Looks like I'm gonna have to pick me up some of these over the iliacs. At the price, I could pick up a whole set.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr.Fuji' timestamp='1331384127' post='4475343']
[quote name='fossil' timestamp='1331262922' post='4466849']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I ordered 5 Royal covers and a hat last summer to Canada and it cost me $22.47 in shipping, so yes they ship to Canada and no the price isn't that expensive.

Cheers,

Scott
[/quote]

I've sent 2 emails since March 21st with zero response from Iliac, asking why each time I go to the checkout I've been dinged for $145 in shipping to Canada on a scorecard holder.

Now April 1st and still no answer, someone would have to convince me that it's worth dropping the $120 if they can't even answer a simple email to correct a problem.

I ordered a couple of shirts from them.. Awesome shirts by the way... Took like 3 weeks to ship though and when I emailed them about combining orders (to save on shipping) they never responded. $18 for shipping of a shirt is a little ridiculous if you ask me. Considering it came USPS and I'm pretty sure it was in one of those flat rate shipping boxes.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I just about spit out my sip of wine when I received this email from Iliac tonight, 2-1/2 weeks after I had sent my first email inquiring as to why their shipping costs where so high for a small item.

I'm blocking out all names, here is the email.....unbelievably high prices and the reason given is even more mind boggling. In all my years of shopping online across the border, I have never seen shipping costs like this for small items.

Subject:Re: Shipping to Canada
Date: April 5, 2012 7:28:32 PM EDT

Hi xxxxxxxxx.

My apologies for taking so long to respond but I'm still new and there are a lot of messages to respond to. Please understand.

To answer your question about shipment to Canada, the reason why the rate is so high is because of the duty fees from customs. We're not a big company like Amazon that can cover those costs so that unfortunately is left to the customer.

Thank you for your interest. If there is anything else I can do please let me know. You can even call me since emails haven't been the best form of communication.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
Iliac Golf by Bert LaMar
http://www.iliacgolf.com/

3280 Grey Hawk Court
Carlsbad, Ca 92010
(p) 760.310.9465

On Mar 30, 2012, at 2:50 PM, wrote:

Further to my email I sent March 26th that was not responded to, I've now tried to order the scorecard holder again and this time I am being asked to pay $145 in shipping fees?

I'm interested in buying one, but not if your shipping calculator is out of whack.

Thanks,

<Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 5.46.40 PM.png>

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Shipping to Canada
Date: March 26, 2012 8:53:10 PM EDT
To: [email protected]

Hello,

Just wondering why it's $57 to ship a scorecard holder to Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

Thank you,