2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2012 PGA Show Table Rock Golf with Scotty Cameron Pics!!!

easyyy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this comes off wrong. but youre stupid.. You dont tell grown adults how to spend their money![quote name='lawnbarber' timestamp='1327764036' post='4166889']
It just shows that there are still stupid people with too much $ left in the world. $14000 for a putter? That is ridiculous! There is not a putter in the bunch that is any better than a $600 custom Byron. What's funny is the people who bought them are probably rich CEOs with 20 handicaps.
[/quote]

[quote name='lawnbarber' timestamp='1327764036' post='4166889']
It just shows that there are still stupid people with too much $ left in the world. $14000 for a putter? That is ridiculous! There is not a putter in the bunch that is any better than a $600 custom Byron. What's funny is the people who bought them are probably rich CEOs with 20 handicaps.
[/quote]

I agree with you about some of the prices, $14k is a lot of dough. I financed a vehicle a few years ago for about that much...lol. But as far as being better than a $600 Byron, I suppose that's a matter of opinion. I've read hundreds of people hyping up his stuff so I figured I would try one out. I custom ordered one in that price range..a little more actually. I was extremely disappointed with it, from the ordering process, getting the order correct, specs, head cover...everything. I didn't really want to make a stink over it so I sold it about a week later because it didn't feel any better than a $80 PING. After I sold it, I lost nearly 40% of my initial purchase.

I don't care for the art work putters really but the plain hand stamped 009's look phenomenal.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='lawnbarber' timestamp='1327764036' post='4166889']
[/quote]

There are probably a lot of people out there that would think that you were crazy to spend $600 on a putter...its all a matter of perspective. If you earn 50k, and spend 200 on a putter, or 100k and 400 on a putter or 600k and 14k on a putter, does it make a difference? Nobody at Table Rock is putting a gun to anybody's head to buy the merchandise.

This comment touched a very familiar nerve with me. Now, I'll be honest, Scott does make nice putters, but his genius is in marketing. I have been pushed away from Cameron's so many times. His putters are nice, but when I can buy a Tour Issue Bobby Grace for $750.00, which let's be honest is a TON for one club, that was used by Jose Maria Ola at Augusta in the Masters, I can't see paying for a Cameron. I have called down to Bobby Grace Golf and talked to Bobby numerous times. He gave me his personal cell number. Good luck getting Cameron to answer an email, let alone the phone. Cameron only makes his best stuff available to the pros, for free, or to the rich and famous. Unfortunately I'm not famous, a pro, and not rich yet. So for me, it's Bobby Grace, Tad Moore and T.P. Mills!
[quote name='sirparalot' timestamp='1327759092' post='4166631']
[quote name='Teedogg' timestamp='1327753119' post='4166431']
Table Rock had a much better display of Scotty's than Titleist!! Also much friendlier than Titleist!! They didn't even have a person to answer questions about Scotty's at Titleist when I stopped by??
[/quote]

Totally agree...At the Titleist booth the Cameron display was not being maintained. They did not have display racks for the long and bellies they were just sitting out all over the area. The Titleist folks in the white jackets were not very informative and Scotty Cameron was sitting at a table like he was a rock star(dressed differently then everyone in the Titleist area. Complete opposite feeling of the Vokey area just 30 feet away where Bob Vokey dressed like all the other Titleist folks was engaged in the show answering questions and had everything organized. I play both Cameron and Vokey and was just amazed at the humbleness of Vokey and the complete lack of interest and organization of Cameron. I was really looking forward to seeing the new Camerons and ended up spending less time there and more time in the Vokey area because it was just a much better experience.
[/quote]

my point was you are paying for the name and name only. don't get me wrong, scottys are nice putters. i have gamed one for the past 8 years. maybe i am just in a different tax bracket than the rest of wrxers but it doesn't matter if you have ten dollars or ten million, to spend $14000 on a putter is decadent and stupid. there are a lot of people struggling in this economy just to keep their homes, i have had many of my friends lose everything because of lack of work. i realize there are still a lot of people out there that have enough money to wipe their butts with benjamins, but that doesn't make it right. i gotta hand it to mr. cameron though, he has created a monster business through marketing. not necessarily for making the best putters in the world. just my opinion of course.

[quote name='ToysRUs' timestamp='1327771114' post='4167469']
What is the last putter pic?
It has an insert I think, is there a shot of the insert???
[/quote]

If it has an insert it is most likely the new Super Rat with a GSS insert, which we've all seen before years ago. It's a TOUR PROTO for Scott's new line of Cameron Select Putters that were released at the PGA show.

[quote name='stonyman' timestamp='1327768787' post='4167289']
I have never viewed a putter as a piece of art and these sure don't change my mind any, but can't knock somebody for getting paid. The ones that I liked the most were the ones that were the cleanest. Does anyone know if these hold their value?
[/quote]

They only hold their value when I want to buy... after I buy...then they drop!

[quote name='acy32281' timestamp='1327780799' post='4168127']
This comment touched a very familiar nerve with me. Now, I'll be honest, Scott does make nice putters, but his genius is in marketing. I have been pushed away from Cameron's so many times. His putters are nice, but when I can buy a Tour Issue Bobby Grace for $750.00, which let's be honest is a TON for one club, that was used by Jose Maria Ola at Augusta in the Masters, I can't see paying for a Cameron. I have called down to Bobby Grace Golf and talked to Bobby numerous times. He gave me his personal cell number. Good luck getting Cameron to answer an email, let alone the phone. Cameron only makes his best stuff available to the pros, for free, or to the rich and famous. Unfortunately I'm not famous, a pro, and not rich yet. So for me, it's Bobby Grace, Tad Moore and T.P. Mills!]
[/quote]

Perfect, buy the putters you like. I don't see any Cameron users begrudging any one from buying what they like. Why frustrate yourself further by getting involved in a thread for a putter maker you have no interest in? I don't get it...

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1327781140' post='4168159']
[quote name='acy32281' timestamp='1327780799' post='4168127']
This comment touched a very familiar nerve with me. Now, I'll be honest, Scott does make nice putters, but his genius is in marketing. I have been pushed away from Cameron's so many times. His putters are nice, but when I can buy a Tour Issue Bobby Grace for $750.00, which let's be honest is a TON for one club, that was used by Jose Maria Ola at Augusta in the Masters, I can't see paying for a Cameron. I have called down to Bobby Grace Golf and talked to Bobby numerous times. He gave me his personal cell number. Good luck getting Cameron to answer an email, let alone the phone. Cameron only makes his best stuff available to the pros, for free, or to the rich and famous. Unfortunately I'm not famous, a pro, and not rich yet. So for me, it's Bobby Grace, Tad Moore and T.P. Mills!]
[/quote]

Perfect, buy the putters you like. I don't see any Cameron users begrudging any one from buying what they like. Why frustrate yourself further by getting involved in a thread for a putter maker you have no interest in? I don't get it...

Kevin
[/quote]

You can purchase a handful of nice retail or limited putters that are very similar if not identical to their tour counterparts. My favorite putter of all time is the Button Back. I've owned about 5 retail versions and 2 tour versions which other than finish and alignment aids were exactly the same putters with different engravings (weights, sole, face) on them. My Black Mist Tour Button Back was the coolest looking but felt and performed the same as the one available at retail. They can be had for less than $750. Another would be the Mil-Spec, nearly identical to the Pro Platinum finished tour Newport I owned...feel wise...identical. The only slight differences were then hand stamps. Plenty of guys on tour using Tour Selects which again are identical to the putters available at retail.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1327758341' post='4166607']
My god....... Those prices are simply insane.....and 90% gone by the end of the day??????? :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

I went by the booth today before I left the show and the majority of the putters were gone. I only saw one putter in the pictures that was still there today.

A lot of them end up going overseas too. If I was Scotty I'd be charging those prices too if people were willing to pay. Might as well get the most I can, but I hope I wouldn't become a "rock star" in my own mind with an ego that is bigger than the convention center that is hosting the PGA show. Better to be humble IMO because if you are not there will be something which will force you to be more humble at some point.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

[quote name='ntswee01' timestamp='1327796395' post='4169395']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1327758341' post='4166607']
My god....... Those prices are simply insane.....and 90% gone by the end of the day??????? :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

I went by the booth today before I left the show and the majority of the putters were gone. I only saw one putter in the pictures that was still there today.
[/quote]
I saw a few of them sell when scotty was there in person. I think they had him sign the putters

I personally saw one gentleman purchase 3 tour rats and 3 super rats at 3k per each. This was early thursday morning

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 16Hi
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Srixon ZX-7 Mii 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
Putter of the day

Beautiful putters, a couple were very blingy, who bought those-------jay-z, or Snoop Dog? Crazy prices, and they'll never see a real golf course unless you are the dumbest person on the planet. That would be like sticking a Mickey Mantle rookie card in your bicycle spokes because it makes a cool sound when you ride. I think that Deschamps makes putters that are just as beautiful, and you would actually use them as well.

Scotty was at Table Rock Booth on Friday and was shocked to see about 20 people waiting so I waited, I was very suprised about the amount of time and questions he answered for each person. He really seemed to be interested in thre things people were asking him. I'll try and post some pics of the booth and him later tonight.