TheMackDaddy's WITB

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1343968889' post='5400188']
I think that's your best bet. I play 3 wood, 18* hybrid, 4 iron and I hit each about 15 yards shorter than the next.

Look at the A12's if you like smaller hybrids, the Pings are huge.
[/quote]

I do the same exact thing but in 20 yard intervals. 10.5 driver, a 15* 3 wood and 18* hybrid with 20 yard intervals between each.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't freak and think you have to make birdie either if you are down by one or two. Just stay steady. Fairway, Green, 2 putt golf is what drives people crazy in match play. You will knock a putt or two in for birdie, but it is very, very important to stay patient.

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

So they didn't play the tees at the tips, which threw me off a bit. It was a super dissapointing round and I had my worst putting in years.
Ihit 15/18 greens but had 36 putts. It could have been the most boring round of golf ever. 16 pars, a bogey, and a double. :( despite my poor play I am T-25th and the top 32 qualify for the championship bracket of matchplay so I am confident I will go out and go low tommorow.

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1344918171' post='5467242']
Super stoked...

Getting a tour of the UW practice facility from the coach himself! Can't wait!

My wish list..

18* G10 hybrid stiff shaft
Or
17* i15 stiff shaft (not stock)

2.Leather Yardagebook holder

Get at me if you're trying to sell something along those lines!
[/quote]

I think I have a leather yardage-book holder from Harbour Town sitting around somewhere. I'm not exactly sure because I haven't seen it in awhile, but if I find it, I'll let you know!

Cleveland Classic 290 9* Tour AD-DI 6s
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* Tour AD-DI 7s
Adams Idea Pro 18* Aerotech Steelfiber
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW TTDG S300
Cleveland 588 Forged 56*, 64*
Never Compromise Sub 30 Type 40

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1345090327' post='5480704']
Congrats on UW, keep up the hard work.
[/quote] Thanks Scratch, the hard work hasn't begun yet... me and my coach have been plannning my winter schedule and lets just say between golf and school, I won't have a life.
I'll try and get my routine up here once I finish it. It's going to take alot of work but I'm ready for it.

Got to visit the UW today and got a tour from the coach! The facility is awesome, and so is the coach, it was my first time talking to him face to face. We checked out everything including all the new gear that the huskies get. They have a room with a huge indoor putting green/hitting mats/ and a trackman as well as video cameras for analyzing swings. Upstairs is the lounge, overlooking the putting green with a kitchen, and some offices as well as the locker room. Also they have a ping pong table which is sweet because I love ping pong.

Most notable line from the coach..."Just remember Aubrey, no matter how much practice you put in, Chris Williams will be doing double that" (laughs)
It was a sweet day!

**Might be time for some new pictures**

Aubrey,

I have a Rapture V2 20* hybrid stiff with a Mitsubishi Rayon Javln FX Mh7 shaft and a Rapture V2 17.5* 4 wood with the same shaft that I can sell if your interested.
Also a Rapture V2 9* driver with the blueboard stiff.....

Is the U of Washington your first choice? You would be playing the U of Utah in the PAC 12. But your home course Washington National is really nice I have played it a few times.
Good luck.

Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
PING i230 4-U Recoil F4 Smac Wrap
Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"

[quote name='Chef Otto' timestamp='1345785028' post='5525902']
Aubrey,

I have a Rapture V2 20* hybrid stiff with a Mitsubishi Rayon Javln FX Mh7 shaft and a Rapture V2 17.5* 4 wood with the same shaft that I can sell if your interested.
Also a Rapture V2 9* driver with the blueboard stiff.....
[/quote]
Thanks for the offer, but I think I will be set for equipment with the exception of a wedge. I apprecieate the offer though.

So I was checking handicap stuff yesterday and I have finally met my goal of becoming a scratch golfer! My current handicap is a 0.6 and although I don't really think that number matters at all, it defineatly shows I have improved this year, when I started at a 2.4.

I can't wait to see how next year goes, my next goal is to become a +2 handicap and consistintly beat the course rating nearly everytime I play.

With my winter routine, I believe it will be possible. Once, I have my schedule complete, I'll make sure to post it here!

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1346437233' post='5566829']
So I was checking handicap stuff yesterday and I have finally met my goal of becoming a scratch golfer! My current handicap is a 0.6 and although I don't really think that number matters at all, it defineatly shows I have improved this year, when I started at a 2.4.

I can't wait to see how next year goes, my next goal is to become a +2 handicap and consistintly beat the course rating nearly everytime I play.

With my winter routine, I believe it will be possible. Once, I have my schedule complete, I'll make sure to post it here!
[/quote]

.6 is rounded up to a 1. So not quite scratch... :tongue:

but being serious, congrats man. Keep working and college golf is in your future.

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1346445859' post='5567489']
[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1346437233' post='5566829']

[/quote]

.6 is rounded up to a 1. So not quite scratch... :tongue:

but being serious, congrats man. Keep working and college golf is in your future.
[/quote]
Lowest I got down to was a 0.0 though!! should have added that!!!

I want to see a notarized handicap report, or it didn't happen! :)

In all seriousness, congrats! When does winter really start for you guys up there?

Cleveland Classic 290 9* Tour AD-DI 6s
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* Tour AD-DI 7s
Adams Idea Pro 18* Aerotech Steelfiber
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW TTDG S300
Cleveland 588 Forged 56*, 64*
Never Compromise Sub 30 Type 40

Hello all!

I made a completely new WITB thread because I want to have my current setup always be in my first post and with my old WITB, I screwed that idea up. Not too much has changed but the changes that have been made are pretty important ones. For those who don't know me, I am a 14 year old junior golfer, and have been playing this incredible game since the age of three. Now, I have a 0.6 handicap, and I started the year being a 2 handicap.

Long story short ,here is my current set up:

Driver: Ping G15 7.5* w/ Tour Ad 6s /iomic x

3 wood: Ping G15 15.5* w/ stock shaft/stock grip

Hybrids:

-i15 20* w/ Aldila Proto by you 80s and GP tour velvet cord (blue paintfill)

Irons:

Scratch Golf AR1's... just scroll to the dang pictures, no words can descride these.. smile.gif

Wedges:

Scratch 8620 milled 50*,53* (bent to 54*), and 58* w/ Project x 6.0 flighted/ GP multi comp (white)

Putter:

Odyssey Black series (i) #9 34" /white lamkin pistol grip

3 WOOD

I currently have a stock G15 in the bag, standard everything (length/shaft/grip/the whole shabang). Looking for something longer off the deck, let me know what you've got, I'm open to alot of possibilities.

HYBRIDS

I carry one hybrids:

A 20 degree i15 with Aldila Proto by you 80s with a Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT cord (blue) Also, the club has some dark blue paintfill on the bottom, done by myself and some leadtape attached to the back to help with a higher launch. I really love this hybrid, it is in no danger of leaving the bag.

IRONS (YAY! smile.gif )

Scratch Ar1's w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 950 stiff (took me forever to find these.) (+1/2") GP multi compound purple, purple paintfill, and purple custom ferrules. I'm a big husky, and it's my goal/dream to play for them.. I love these irons, and I can't believe that anything will be better but we shall see... In a one word description... they are...butter.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

WEDGES

I am really exited about these. I got some Scratch 8620's for Christmas and have just now reshafted them with Project x 6.0 flighted's. I threw some multi compounds on them and they are ready for a great 2012! They are also +1/2" and are in lofts 50,54 (bent from 53) and 58. I have some white ferrules on the way (Thanks Ari!!), so when I get those, I will put them in, but I couldn't wait, so I put these in for now!

58 degree at address:

54 degree at address:

50 degree at address:

I just love the way those beauties set up...

Heres those awesome shafts...

I might try and stamp them, but I really don't want to ruin them.

Putter(s)

I am a ho when it comes to putters. Currently, I have six! Six, thats alot for a junior. My current gamer is an Odyssey Black (i) series #9 and I have finally convinced myself that this will be my gamer forever.

So far so good...

but then...BOOM GOES THE HO!

I made that putter rack in shop, by the way!

so here are the other putters:

1. Odyssey Black (i) series #9.... I have two of the exact same putter but one has a jumbo grip for training... silly I know.

2. *DON"T HAVE ANYMORE* even though I sold this, it belllongs in here as it was the nicest/best feeling Cameron I have ever rolled, a studio design 5:

3. Odyssey white hot XG 2 ball...

Never sell a putter that was one a full time gamer is my motto... might make it ito a cheating stick later, haha.

4. Ping Anser 2 that I coated with black paint. Its a piece of junk, but it looks nice at address;

5. Ping b60 putter...ugh.

Here's a shot of all of them together:

And thats it for my clubs!!

You probably noticed I have a putting green in my room, yes, I do smile.gifsmile.gif It's DreamTurf synthetic turf, took me about a year to save up my money to buy it, runs about a 10, it's very true, and it is 7'x9'. Also I got both parents on board so I have two regulation depth cups.

Here are a few of the trophies and medals I have won:

Also my two most memorable items (golf related):

The scorecard and ball from when I first broke 100 (97 at Canoa ranch in 2005) and the scorecard and ball from where I won my first tournement (fort Lewis Golf course, even par in 2008)

here is my bucket of practice balls, it consist of Practice Prov1x's I took from the USGA, and any othere premium bal that I don't play...Theres about 70 total, enough to satisfy me

I also couldn't survive without this stuff on the course (yardarge/scorekeeping book/water bottle/ball markers/ Prov1x's, and A video camera to record my swing for showing to my swing teacher.)

Most of you already knew I had the putting green in my room, but I actually have a real grass green, that I 100% maintain all by myself in my yard. It hold pitches and I can hit from a max of about 60 yards away, Its awesome!

Here's a cool pic of me and my dog. In the summer this is how I spend most mornings when I'm not at the course:

Here are some ****new March 16th*** Swing Videos:

Down the line:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3gMNuBzDXo&context=C4f273beADvjVQa1PpcFOUsvubW8-qiHhvbxtIKrePH_rTXWfufqo=

Face on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqI818ASZOM&context=C4f273beADvjVQa1PpcFOUsvubW8-qiHhvbxtIKrePH_rTXWfufqo=

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!

i noticed you have the matt black finish, did you just use steel wool

[size=6]WINTER PRACTICE SCHEDULE[/size]

[size=6][size=5]MONDAY[/size][/size]
[color=#FF0000][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 four foot putts[/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=4]50 orange whip swings[/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=4]100 7 iron swings[/size][/size][/size][/color]
[color=#0000FF][size=6][size=5][size=4]**WORKOUT**[/size][/size][/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5]TUESDAY[/size][/size]
[color=#4B0082][size=4]18 holes (9 in winter)[/size][/color]
[size=4]30-60 minutes of:[/size]
[color=#8B4513][size=4]-Chalkline putts[/size]
[size=4]-15+ up and downs in a row[/size][/color]
[color=#FF0000][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 four foot putts[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 orange whip swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]100 7 iron swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5]WEDNSDAY[/size][/size]
[color=#8B4513][size=4]30 minutes chalkline[/size]
[size=4]Stratton's ladder drill[/size][/color]

[color=#008000][size=6][size=5]75 pitch shots:[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 80 yards[/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 90 yards[/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 100 yards[/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3] Pitch shots and range balls will be hit while using a metronome.[/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=6][size=5]70 range balls[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3]-30 for woods[/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3]-20 for long irons (4-7)[/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=3]-20 for short irons (8-PW)[/size][/color]

[color=#FF0000][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 four foot putts[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 orange whip swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]100 7 iron swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5]THURSDAY[/size][/size]
[color=#4B0082][size=4]18 holes (9 in winter)[/size][/color]
[color=#0000FF][size=4]**Workout**[/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5]FRIDAY[/size][/size]
[color=#8B4513][size=6][size=5][size=4]30 minutes chalkline[/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=4]Stratton's ladder drill[/size][/size][/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=6][size=5]75 pitch shots:[/size][/size][/color][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 20 yards[/size][/color][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 30 yards[/size][/color][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 40 yards[/size][/color][/size][/size]

[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]Pitch shots and range balls will be hit while using a metronome.[/size][/color][/size][/size]

[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=6][size=5]70 range balls[/size][/size][/color][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]-30 for woods[/size][/color][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]-20 for long irons (4-7)[/size][/color][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][color=#008000][size=3]-20 for short irons (8-[/size][/color][color=#008000][size=3]P[/size][/color][color=#008000][size=3]W)[/size][/color][/size][/size]

[color=#FF0000][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 four foot putts[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]100 7 iron swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5]SATURDAY[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=4][color=#800080]18 holes[/color]
[color=#8B4513]Stratton's ladder drill[/color][/size]
[color=#0000FF][size=4]**Workout**[/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000]70 range balls[/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000]-30 for woods[/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000]-20 for long irons (4-7)[/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000]-20 for short irons (8-[/color][color=#008000]P[/color][color=#008000]W)[/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[color=#FF0000][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 four foot putts[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]100 7 iron swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5]SUNDAY[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=6][size=5][color=#800080][size=4]18 holes[/size][/color][/size][/size]
[color=#8B4513][size=4]30 minutes with chalkline[/size][/color]

[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000][size=6][size=5]75 pitch shots:[/size][/size][/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 50 yards[/size][/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 60 yards[/size][/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4][color=#008000][size=3]-25 from 70 yards[/size][/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[color=#FF0000][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]50 four foot putts[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=6][size=5][size=6][size=5][size=4]100 7 iron swings[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/color]

Great practice schedule. Have to admire someone dedicated to improving and chasing their goals. Good luck!

Nike Covert Tour 9.5* Kuro Kage 60X
Nike Covert Tour 3 FW 15* Kura Kage 70X
Titleist 712U 2i w/ DG X100
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW w/ DG X100
Titleist SM 56* Callaway Forged Raw 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

readlly really nice set up and like the green in the room so sick haha wish i can have that

[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Driver: GBB EPIC SUB ZERO 9.0 DRIVER[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Fairway: GBB EPIC 3 WOOD[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Hybrid: EPIC 2 HYBRID[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Irons: 4-PW APEX CF 16 COMBO[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Wedges: MACK DADDY FORGED CHROME WEDGES 52* 56* 60*[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]