Does anyone still game Ping Eye 2's?

Hit em good

The Eye 2 long irons are very easy to hit but hybrids are still easier for me. I plan on starting with the 3 and 4 this spring, but might switch to hybrids later.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

Well I got them, in fantastic condition except the grips.....ripped my hands apart after a few hours of hitting them. So new grips on but I noticed that they are 3/4 to an inch shorter than standard... Being a short 5ft 6" person, it probably explains why I was hitting them so well. Out of curiosity, what does 1 inch shorter shaft actually do if anything??

Anybody that's currently playing these mixed in hybrids in place of the long irons? Just curious!

I got a couple of hybrids, a 19* and a 23* to replace my 3 and 4 irons. Worked out well enough for me but after a couple of years I got this unbearable need to play the set as it used to be and put the long irons back in play. Who can figure ?

Shambles

Well I got them, in fantastic condition except the grips.....ripped my hands apart after a few hours of hitting them. So new grips on but I noticed that they are 3/4 to an inch shorter than standard... Being a short 5ft 6" person, it probably explains why I was hitting them so well. Out of curiosity, what does 1 inch shorter shaft actually do if anything??

IIRC, a 1/2" change in length impacts the lie angle by 1*. So if your Pings were shortened by 1" after the fact, the lie would be 2* flatter from what the dot color would indicate. If they left the factory - 1" from standard length, the lie would be adjusted accordingly to stay on spec relative to the color code.

Some are more sensitive to exacting lie specs than others. For myself, +/- 2* is not that big a deal. My Ping spec is green dot, + 1" (tall with shortish arms). Have played down to a blue dot without difficulty. With the preference, not given an adjustment option, trending towards flatter vs. to upright if the lie spec is askew.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

IIRC, a 1/2" change in length impacts the lie angle by 1*. So if your Pings were shortened by 1" after the fact, the lie would be 2* flatter from what the dot color would indicate. If they left the factory - 1" from standard length, the lie would be adjusted accordingly to stay on spec relative to the color code.

Some are more sensitive to exacting lie specs than others. For myself, +/- 2* is not that big a deal. My Ping spec is green dot, + 1" (tall with shortish arms). Have played down to a blue dot without difficulty. With the preference, not given an adjustment option, trending towards flatter vs. to upright if the lie spec is askew.

Cheers, I had a recent fitting and I was 2 degree flat with 3/4 inch shorter shaft which I hit best.....so by complete fluke and luck these eye2s have just found the right person ha ha

Congratulations are in order for finally finding a worthy set of E2's. Have been following your pursuit, from mysterious rendezvous in shady bars to clandestine meetings in dark parks with nefarious individuals peddling suspect merchandise. LOL.

Something I've discovered while dabbling in the realm of classic clubs. Sometimes, one has to play them as you find them. Meaning all may not be spec optimum. Thus requiring.......adaptability.

Play your best.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Congratulations are in order for finally finding a worthy set of E2's. Have been following your pursuit, from mysterious rendezvous in shady bars to clandestine meetings in dark parks with nefarious individuals peddling suspect merchandise. LOL.

Something I've discovered while dabbling in the realm of classic clubs. Sometimes, one has to play them as you find them. Meaning all may not be spec optimum. Thus requiring.......adaptability.

Play your best.

Ha ha, that car Park you mentioned has a big huge king Kong gorilla in the corner. Found out last week driving past...how I missed that in the dark is anyone's guess

Such as I remember, Ping uses a ¾° per half inch of length change. When dealing with overlength or underlength clubs, they adjust the actual lie angles for any added or subtracted length.

Which is why Ping color codes should always include the intended length. Green dot std is 2.25° upright, red dot -½" is actually std lie, white dot +1" would be 1.5° upright, etc. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I have a set my Dad gave me about 6 years ago.

He had them forever. 2-PW,GW,SW,LW.

I will never sell them.

Personally I have had well more then a dozen sets

of my own. Great clubs. SW LW are the best

ever out of the Bunkers.

Could easily play them but I need more distance

in my old age with my irons. I know take one club more.

So if Ping would make the same looking heads

with today's loft and technology I would play them.

And yes the i200 irons are sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

My lone hole in one was with the PW in the first set of Eye 2 that I had. I eventually traded them and regretted it for years. This past fall I finally got on eBay and bought another set of refurbished, 2-L. I need to take them out for a round more often.

Ping G425 LST 9*
Ping G400 3W

Ping G425 Max 7W
Ping G410 4H, 5H, 6H
Ping G425 7H

Ping G410 8-U

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54*

Ping G410 L
SC Special Select NP2 35”

• 2 weeks later...

I have had multiple sets of eye 2s and eye 2+ I am 35, played eye 2s in some variety for 20 years. I finally have switched after playing a few different irons. Last September I became the proud owner of Callaway Steelhead XR. Had them custom fit, +2 with DG 105 xp s300. These are game changers and I won't ever get rid of these. Have much love for eye 2 but these are just far superior.

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

This is a great topic stream....and thread.

I'm looking to game my Ping Eye 2 wedges once more.....the "W", & SW at least.

Any suggestions for shafts in those for myself?

I play Taylormade Forged MC irons, with DG X-100s shaft, which are good for me these days....

Would any spinner shafts be an odd thing in the Ping Eye 2 wedges?

or what might all of this forum suggest?>>>>>wedge shafts

Thanks in advance for any & all help/info.!

[font=georgia,serif][i][b]Hit it to 6 feet, & can the putt!!![/b][/i][/font]

This is a great topic stream....and thread.

I'm looking to game my Ping Eye 2 wedges once more.....the "W", & SW at least.

Any suggestions for shafts in those for myself?

I play Taylormade Forged MC irons, with DG X-100s shaft, which are good for me these days....

Would any spinner shafts be an odd thing in the Ping Eye 2 wedges?

or what might all of this forum suggest?>>>>>wedge shafts

Thanks in advance for any & all help/info.!

The stock shaft for the EYE2 Gorge wedge is a DG Spinner. It'd probably work for your originals, too...

Spinner shaft is a great shaft. I tried to order them in my Glide 2.0s Ping didnt have any raw shafts, so I went with my standard PX6.0 would have like the spinners though

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

My buddy is new to the game, and just purchased his first full iron set, per my assistance and the graces of eBay:

Eye2 blue dots, ZZ Lites, and brand new Karma grips (from Hireko). He texted me when he got them and said "when did they make these? The irons look like they've never been hit."

He's now a convert.

I don't think the grooves wear AT ALL. Not at least compared to some of the older Miz MP stuff you will see where the grooves are literally rusted and gone entirely.

Another thing I like a lot about Eye2s.

Agreed. I finally got to play my set this week. Mine are well gamed, but the grooves are still excellent and held the greens well on firm conditions. Unfortunately, I just hit my old TA7s better, so I think mine will be on the block soon.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

• 2 weeks later...

Long time player of the Eye 2. Have recently ventured off the beaten path and tried i5s (clunky, boring) i20s (nice, but not nice enough) and keep coming back to the Eye 2. I game the +no+ version with zz lite shafts. My current swing speed suggests that the zz lite shaft is too stiff for me, but for some reason, these just seem to be the right fit with the Eye 2 head.

In addition to gaming the +no+ (refirbished by Ping), I also play an Eye 2 PW bent to 52*. A nice gap between the 48.5* in the set and my BECU SW and LW.

I am a believer. I keep going back. Almost like that ex-GF that gives good head.

I own 5 sets of Eye 2's and would be willing to part with a couple. They are in fantastic condition. Two of the sets are nearly immaculate. Shoot me a PM

Long time player of the Eye 2. Have recently ventured off the beaten path and tried i5s (clunky, boring) i20s (nice, but not nice enough) and keep coming back to the Eye 2. I game the +no+ version with zz lite shafts. My current swing speed suggests that the zz lite shaft is too stiff for me, but for some reason, these just seem to be the right fit with the Eye 2 head.

In addition to gaming the +no+ (refirbished by Ping), I also play an Eye 2 PW bent to 52*. A nice gap between the 48.5* in the set and my BECU SW and LW.

I am a believer. I keep going back. Almost like that ex-GF that gives good head.

I own 5 sets of Eye 2's and would be willing to part with a couple. They are in fantastic condition. Two of the sets are nearly immaculate. Shoot me a PM

Not too interested in your Eye 2's, but any info or pics of your ex-GF would be much appreciated!!

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu