Does anyone still game Ping Eye 2's?

Hit em good

I forgot to add. I recently stopped into a local pawn shop to find a mint set of Eye2 (Brown?) and a 2-Ball I bought for like $75.00 I flipped the irons and putter on the 'Bay for $278.50 total ($100 for the 2-ball and $178.50 for the irons).

If I could figure out this stupid new "My Media" thing under the board's new format I would post a pic but I haven't figured it yet.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

A friend of mine still uses the BeCu Eye2's he bought new 20 or so years ago. He probably has well over a 1000 games with them.

He hits them great , scores in the mid 70's and is not interested in looking at or trying anything else out.

Rarely see any other irons being used that are that old.

Driver: Titleist  Tsi2
FW's: Callaway Rogue 4w
Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
Irons: Ping G410 Reg Graphite 5-UW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
Handicap 9
Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others

[quote name='Tarkata' timestamp='1339107022' post='5049184']
Old menz use those. No lie.
[/quote][quote name='Tarkata' timestamp='1339107022' post='5049184']
Old menz use those. No lie.
[/quote]

Old menz who take your moneyz

Cobra Bio Cell 11*
F6 Baffler 17.5
Hibore Hybrid 22*
850 Forged 5-GW
MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
Odyssey 7

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1339042578' post='5045276']
What does "+ no +" mean?
[/quote]

They were a limited run. They had the stronger loft like the ping eye 2 +s. however they didn't have the + emblem. Hence then term ping "plus no plus". They still occasionally pop up on eBay. I have a set of red dot + no +s stashed in a closet somewhere.

Well, with the red dots gone, in true WRX fashion.... time to start the search for a black dot set. I'm guessing my chances of finding a set that are already lengthened +1" will be slim to none?
Any advice on finding a set like this... or is it just that I have to hope to find a +1" set on ebay?

[quote name='Another Steelers Fan' timestamp='1339164207' post='5052316']
Well, with the red dots gone, in true WRX fashion.... time to start the search for a black dot set. I'm guessing my chances of finding a set that are already lengthened +1" will be slim to none?
Any advice on finding a set like this... or is it just that I have to hope to find a +1" set on ebay?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub/-/pid--1001912/iron-set/ping/eye-2.aspx?gd=3"]http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub/-/pid--1001912/iron-set/ping/eye-2.aspx?gd=3[/url]

[url="http://www.golfdealsandsteals.com/prod/Closeouts/1--DEALS-AND-STEALS--RIGHT-HANDED-ONLY-/IRONS_67/USED-PING-EYE2-IRONS-SETS_291.aspx"]http://www.golfdealsandsteals.com/prod/Closeouts/1--DEALS-AND-STEALS--RIGHT-HANDED-ONLY-/IRONS_67/USED-PING-EYE2-IRONS-SETS_291.aspx[/url]

Driver: Adams 9088

Fairways: TM V-Steel

Irons: Maltby TE Forged

Wedges: Acer XB Satin

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Alright, they might not be Eye 2's, but I'm not missing out on a classic PING thread.

76Vboh.jpg

Ht0t1h.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/xQvuc

My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts because I'm constantly trolling eBay keeping an eye on BeCu Eye 2 sets or ISIs (though I don't think either will knock those out of the bag).

How do the ISIs stack up though? I know they get pretty good love from guys that used them in the past, but other things I've read have stated they are the worst PING irons made (Eye2 - present day), with the exception the Zings with the original shafts.

Small sweet spot and hard to control.

It's held me back from pulling the trigger on BeCu ISIs a couple times now.

Hold out for the right Eye 2's or go for some ISIs?

Any thoughts?

[size=6][sup]Still have a set of orange dot Eye 2s with the zz lite shafts in the basement in the white Ping bag. I'm thinking that I'll have my daughter play them when she joins the middle school team this year. [/sup][/size]

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I just put a Ping Eye 2 SW (spent $30 on it) in my all-Ping bag. I gamed it this week -- the thing is money from the sand!

The Navy Vessel IV Pro bag:

Ping G425 Max Driver Alta CB Slate Sr

Ping G425 Max 5w / 7w Alta CB Slate R

Ping G425 4h / 5h Alta CB Slate R

Ping G425 5-UW Alta CB Slate R

Ping Glide 3.0 54° WS / 58° Eye2 Z-115

Seemore PCB 33"

Back-up Hoofer bag:

Ping Eye2+ 3-9 Aldila Low Torque Graphite, PW-SW KT Steel

[quote name='AC in TX' timestamp='1339174737' post='5053346']
I just put a Ping Eye 2 SW (spent $30 on it) in my all-Ping bag. I gamed it this week -- the thing is money from the sand!
[/quote]

Not just from the sand. I use this from 85 and in with a very safe/non-agressive swing.

I've stated before, it's my best club in the bag.

I have my original set 1-S bent to blue with the 2 being a BeCu that I still rotate through when the mood strikes. I was able to score a set 3-S plus model Orange and had them bent to black. This set was unused except for the 5 and 7 as the owner wanted to learn Golf and then decided not to. I've maintained the original shafts and also found an extra set of never used shafts from the old inventory of the local distributor.

I'm currently again trying to break away from playing the Eye 2's but this thread is making that difficult.

Shambles

Alright, they might not be Eye 2's, but I'm not missing out on a classic PING thread.

76Vboh.jpg

Ht0t1h.jpg

My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts because I'm constantly trolling eBay keeping an eye on BeCu Eye 2 sets or ISIs (though I don't think either will knock those out of the bag).

How do the ISIs stack up though? I know they get pretty good love from guys that used them in the past, but other things I've read have stated they are the worst PING irons made (Eye2 - present day), with the exception the Zings with the original shafts.

Any thoughts?

76Vboh.jpg

Ht0t1h.jpg

Any thoughts?

I would stay away from ISI's... I had a set and got rid of them. Nothing wrong with your Zing 2's, if you like the shaft and setup you already have.

Cobra Bio Cell 11*
F6 Baffler 17.5
Hibore Hybrid 22*
850 Forged 5-GW
MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
Odyssey 7

76Vboh.jpg

Ht0t1h.jpg

Any thoughts?

76Vboh.jpg

Ht0t1h.jpg

Any thoughts?

I would stay away from ISI's... I had a set and got rid of them. Nothing wrong with your Zing 2's, if you like the shaft and setup you already have.

I liked the ISI's. Took a bit of getting used to though because the heads looked to be twice the size of my Eye 2's. I doubt they are, but they sure were big.

Shambles

I just put my Eye2+ irons to rest but I've played them for the 5 years. They don't compare to my new G15's I just got but I will never sell them like I did all my other Pings.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

• 2 weeks later...

After taking up the game of golf my 2nd set(1st purchased) was a set of ping eye 2+ (green dot, plus 1in, matching SN) which I got off eBay for $150. Took great care of these clubs and still look great for being made in 1991. Just recently purchased a second set(green dot, matching SN) for $150...this set has JZ cushin while my first has KT. Don't know too much about either shaft but have made posts in other threads asking for input. Also have a set of g10s but after not playing for 5 months plus I switched to the eye2s just to get back in the swing of things......never hit the ball so good nor have I enjoyed the game of golf this much. Hit a great drive and then a money approach with a 7 or 8 to give myself a birdie or par.........sometimes a bogey :( opportunity and that's why I recently bought myself another set.
I came across this thread and was curious as to what is this "overhaul" service PING offers or refurbished service by the WRX repair center. Any more info would be great. And one more thing...... What about groove condition on the eye2? On both my sets they look worn but drag your thumbnail down the face and it's click click click all the way down. Not deep as my cg10 wedges but occasionally I'll get some spin off my 8 or 9 iron. Maybe go to an experienced person but I can bring myself to put a groove tool myself to these clubs.

I should have never come in this thread...now I'm searching eBay for a set of BeCu Eye 2s. I have a set of regular Eye 2s that I will finally be getting back next month after lending them to my brother 2 years ago. I still play the PW as a GW in my current bag, and I'm considering going back to the SW as well. The irons are so buttery smooth that I really miss them. I currently play G15s and they're great, but I miss the Eye 2s at the same time.

Just picked up a Eye 2+ becu 3 iron off the bay for 10 bucks. Maybe it'll kick a hybrid outta the bag. Think I'm going to coke bath it and make it look perty.

TM '07 Burner TP 8.5° Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5° PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18° PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51°/56°/60°
The Wilson 8802

[quote name='Fish-N-Chips' timestamp='1340741895' post='5172400']
So I think I've decided to go on the hunt for some Eye 2's. Can someone explain all the different models in just some short summaries?
[/quote]

It's pretty much all in this thread.

TM '07 Burner TP 8.5° Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5° PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18° PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51°/56°/60°
The Wilson 8802

So I think I've decided to go on the hunt for some Eye 2's. Can someone explain all the different models in just some short summaries?
[/quote]

Here are the basics:
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/290740-explain-differences-between-ping-eye2-eye2-eye2no/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...e2-eye2-eye2no/[/url]
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/548441-thinking-about-an-eye2-project/#entry3888623

[/quote]

Ping Eye 2s - standard club, loft, etc...
Ping Eye 2 +s - stronger loft, also think soles were slightly larger (not sure about the soles part, i think i read that on here, I actually thought the only difference was just the lofts)
Ping Eye 2 + no + - look just like the standard ping eye 2's with stronger lofts like the +'s and original head design of the ping eye 2s. They are called + no + because ping didn't put the "+" designation on there even though they have the stronger loft. A little more sought after, but definitely findable and are on ebay off and on.

I think all ping eye 2's have the nonconforming grooves, but because of a "grandfather" clause, so to speak, all are acceptable for tournament play.

Someone chime in, I know I am not an expert. There used to be a website as well that listed the Ping Eye 2 serial numbers so you could see which Pings were standard eye 2's and which were plus no plus etc...

Hope this helps and good luck.

EDIT - Love how I am posting this and in the time i typed it there are already two answers and links... this site is awesome..

In the bag, I have an Eye2 SW and a Eye2 BeCu LW.
The SW is the best club in the sand I ever had, the ball goes high and sits where it lands on our hard greens here in Quebec.
The LW will not leave my bag for a long time, it is so easy to hit in any lie.

In the past I had Eye2's, Eye2+'s, ISI-N, Zing 2's, I3, i3+ Blades, S59's, i5 and G15's
I currently have a beautiful set of Eye2's that I can't play because of the lie and Ping will not adjust them.
And I have a set of G15 for sale because I don't like them, they are like Callaway shovels.

I'm always looking for a set of original Eye2's green dot, because if you have to get only one set of Ping's, it has to be Eye2's

If it were the lofts that were written on the soles instead of a club number, we would not ear about the weak lofts, an Eye2 nine iron is 45* and I hit it the same as a G15 PW at 45*...the Eye2 pw is just the GW now at 50.7*

I'm glad you spelled out the loft difference Sonic. The Eye 2's are one club short of modern lofted irons, and it is funny that the G15's would be exactly on the number. I guess they had something right 25 years ago. I can say for someone who hits a low ball like myself, they work out perfectly. I don't feel short with the Eye 2's by any means.

Cobra Bio Cell 11*
F6 Baffler 17.5
Hibore Hybrid 22*
850 Forged 5-GW
MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
Odyssey 7

[quote name='Sonic' timestamp='1340745026' post='5172746']
The SW is the best club in the sand I ever had, the ball goes high and sits where it lands on our hard greens here in Quebec.

In the past I had Eye2's, Eye2+'s, ISI-N, Zing 2's, I3, i3+ Blades, S59's, i5 and G15's
I currently have a beautiful set of Eye2's that I can't play because of the lie and Ping will not adjust them.
And I have a set of G15 for sale because I don't like them, they are like Callaway shovels.

I'm always looking for a set of original Eye2's green dot, because if you have to get only one set of Ping's, it has to be Eye2's

If it were the lofts that were written on the soles instead of a club number, we would not ear about the weak lofts, an Eye2 nine iron is 45* and I hit it the same as a G15 PW at 45*...the Eye2 pw is just the GW now at 50.7*
[/quote]

A set of eye2 green dots are on the bay right now.

[quote name='mac94' timestamp='1340765776' post='5174764']
[quote name='Sonic' timestamp='1340745026' post='5172746']

[/quote]

A set of eye2 green dots are on the bay right now.
[/quote]

Left-handed?