I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

Ordered mine on 03/22 (Canada) cant wait to hit them! C-taper X-stiff soft stepped, 1"longer, yellow dot

Ping G430LST w/ TPT 14HI 
Ping G430 Max w/ synergy green 80tx
Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
Callaway TCB w/ LAgolf L-series 5
Titleist SM8 50/56  W/ LAgolf

Callaway Jaws Raw 60Z /Kbs 610
Axis 1 Rose model 35.5''
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Huntingchris0000' timestamp='1332788328' post='4585098']
I have recieved my I20's and will report back after hitting them this afternoon. I ordered them on the 21st and recieved them on the 26th.
Can't wait to go test them out. :partytime2:
[/quote]

Thats better turn around than a lot of people on here were posting.3-weeks was scaring me.... I'm going to Ping demo on thursday and have talked with local nflight fitter about fitting (he not doing fittings yet, not enough staff) but I really want to hit these outside....I bought mp-59 in January and I love the look and feel when they are flushed....never been big fan of Pings look (i20 are ok, imo) but I've decided to care more about the score and if these will make the off center hits play better I'll be in....

Look forward to reading how you liked them....

The I20's are all that and some with the DG S300's in them. I am not one to play up an iron to much and I understand I am still in the honeymoon stage but I wasn't swinging very well and these irons are forgiving. I am a sweeper of the ball and was a little worried about the bounce but so far so good. I will report back again after a few more rounds.

[quote name='lasallen' timestamp='1328584854' post='4227837']
[quote name='LNS' timestamp='1328584084' post='4227719']
With all the talk of different ship dates I thought I would start a thread where we can post when they start showing up. Maybe include where you pre-ordered from. I'm getting the shakes when I see a UPS truck on my street.
[/quote]

I ordered mine from discount dans, does anyone know when they are supposed to ship

[/quote]

As of yesterday, 3/27/2012, DD's indicated that they no longer take PING orders and won't for some time per an email I received from them. I just thought I should let others know since they are recommended a thousand times over as an authorized PING dealer. To say the least, I was disappointed considering all the talk about them.

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1328593108' post='4228829']
[quote name='speeder757' timestamp='1328592883' post='4228811']
I understand what your saying but there are a lot more local golf shops than those 2...... Also if any Ping dealer sells the i20's for less than $799.00 they will lose their license to sell Ping clubs..... That is very well documented......
I hate to see all these local golf shops struggling for no reason
[/quote]

Not sure what angle you're coming from right now but having worked in the golf business for awhile now, I can tell you this is simply not true. I've asked around and done research and there are accounts that get away with it. My questions are always dodged and never get a straight answer.
[/quote]

Can you PM some of those that you have found to sale at a lower price? I was fit recently at the PING factory and want to try and get the best deal possible.

Mine have finally arrived after a 6week wait. (sucks to be australian) I ended with White dot, +2" long, orange id8 grips and cfs x stiff :) Can't wait to take them to the course. Only problem is I'm 300km from home and don't get home til Saturday so more waiting time :( ended up being a really good price though through the ping rep, a lot cheaper then the retail price which Im really happy about.

[quote name='ash_32' timestamp='1332931210' post='4597219']
Mine have finally arrived after a 6week wait. (sucks to be australian) I ended with White dot, +2" long, orange id8 grips and cfs x stiff :) Can't wait to take them to the course. Only problem is I'm 300km from home and don't get home til Saturday so more waiting time :( ended up being a really good price though through the ping rep, a lot cheaper then the retail price which Im really happy about.
[/quote]

Oh boy. Lower price on a PING product. Start the sh*t show!

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

[quote name='speeder757' timestamp='1328591966' post='4228731']
Every Single Ping Dealer In The U.S. Sells Pings For The Exact Same Price...... What's The Point Of Using DD Or Any Other Online Retailer? Why Wouldn't You Guys Support Your Local Golf Shop Or Community?
[/quote]

Why Do You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word? That Is So Annoying!

Anyways, we all know that DD's as well as some other smaller shops have and still do sell PING for under MAP pricing, just a matter of time until they all get caught...

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

I went to the PGASuperstore and went through a fitting... I didn't think he nailed my lie correctly, saying i needed blue dots when I always had green or white. ... decided to go back and get refitted and I was correct :D.... the sad part was getting the message that the i20's are backordered and i won't see them for 2 weeks.... oh well I will keep bagging the R11's till then.... we have a Ping demo day coming up this Saturday

TM SLDR with Motore Speeder
Cally XR 3 wood
Cally XHot 2 5w
Cally XR 7w
Ping G25 5i & 6i
Ping i20 CFS 7i - GW
Cally Jaws wedges 54* and 58*
Spider Daddy Long Legs 1st gen

I got mine in about two weeks ago. Green dot with extra 1/2 inch and dynamic gold shaft. They are really nice. I have only gotten two rounds in with them, but can tell I am going to like them.

I am a 6 HC and have been playing i3 blades for about 12 years (yes, i know). They were maroon dot and and inch long. Needless to say it is going to be an adjustment getting used to these i20's which are much different but a better fit.

The pro at my local club did the fitting for me (Squire Creek CC in Ruston, LA). I am going to put in some range time to get used to the feel, but like I said, they are a really sweet iron.

Now if I can just get a driver I like......

[b]That creep can roll, man.[/b]

[b]TM M1[/b] [color=#ff0000]*Black HZRDUS x stiff[/color]
[b]TM M1[/b] 3 wood [color=#ff0000]*Diamana Kai'li x stiff[/color]
[b]PING i20[/b] 3 hybrid
[b]Titleist H1[/b] 4 hybrid
[b]Titleist AP2[/b] 716 (5-9) [color=#ff0000]*Project X 6.0[/color]
[b]SM6[/b] 46, 50, 54, 60 [color=#ff0000]*Project X 6.0[/color]
[b]TP Mills[/b] Soft tail

All you cheerleaders for I20 irons finally pushed me over the edge! I ordered a set yesterday: 4-PW, yellow dot, NS Modus3 stiff shafts. Unfortunately Ping seems to be backordered on those shafts so delivery will probably be mid-April at the earliest. I haven't seen any posts from those who chose Modus 3s about whether they are happy with that shaft, but I'd be interested in hearing from them. One good thing about waiting is that it should dry out a little here in the Seattle area so my new sticks won't get so muddy the first time out.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

I have reached the point that I am literally frightened about the honeymoon period.

The weather in the PNW has been terrible, so golf opportunities since getting my I20's have been scarce. I was desperate enough today that I went out in 30mph winds, pouring, sideways rain, and 44 degree temps. Considering the conditions and the difficulty of the course, I played out of my mind and carded a 71 (-1).

Today's round brought my I20 hole total to 72 holes. I'm sitting at +3 for 72 holes as a 3.3 index.

Driver, 3W, hybrids, irons, and Tour S wedges are just...perfect. It's spooky, and I'm afraid it will eventually come crashing back to reality.

I hope that holds off long enough to enjoy some drives that don't actually hop backwards after plugging.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Finally got out to the range today to hit mine. Mine are +1/4", Green Dot, CFS Stiff, Soft-Stepped Once. 5-PW.

I will say the feel is incredible. I came from AP1s where everything was muted even the bad shots. That is fine for someone looking for forgiveness, but I want to know when I hit it crappy. The i20s gave me that feedback when I hit it off the toe, BUT THE DISTANCE WAS ALMOST THE SAME AS IF I HIT IT FLUSH! I literally didn't lose more than 5 yards on those bad shots, but I could tell it wasn't struck well. That is nothing like I have felt before. The CFS Shaft is perfect for me too. Great ball flight and weight to the shaft.

The turf interaction was incredible, even on the crappy surface I was hitting off of. On shots that would normally be fat (I am a digger), the club just glided through the turf.

My distance, well, has increased...even coming from strong lofted AP1s. I was hitting in the same area I always do at this range and hitting at the same flags and I was 5-10 yards further. One thing I noticed...I was hitting a draw with these. My normal ballflight is dead straight. Now it could be the side wind we had in Iowa today, but it just felt like the ballflight was drawing on most of my shots. Do you think that is because of the soft-stepping? Before I had the Made For Titleist Nippon NSPro105T, which I hated. Maybe I will just wait til there is no wind to make my final judgement on this, but I was just curious if it could make a difference.

So happy with my purchase!

Can someone tell me what city/state Ping I20's ship out of? I thought they would have shipped out of Arizona, but a friend of mine just received his UPS confirmation that his new I20's are shipping out of Saddlebrook, NJ. Does Ping have a distribution center there? Ebay purchase, so I am wondering if they will be legit......

They COULD be legit but, PING deals w/authorized PING dealers IIRC. If you got PINGS through eBay, they have been shipped to a retailer prior to you getting your hands on them.......Like you buying my OLD S58s, they were shipped to MY retailer by PING ... originally, and then, I shipped them to you from MY location.

See if you can register them w/PING!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I bought mine through Golfsmith and they shipped out of Phoenix.

+1 on calling Ping to check the serial number.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[quote name='duke11' timestamp='1332952611' post='4599001']
I got mine in about two weeks ago. Green dot with extra 1/2 inch and dynamic gold shaft. They are really nice. I have only gotten two rounds in with them, but can tell I am going to like them.

I am a 6 HC and have been playing i3 blades for about 12 years (yes, i know). They were maroon dot and and inch long. Needless to say it is going to be an adjustment getting used to these i20's which are much different but a better fit.

The pro at my local club did the fitting for me (Squire Creek CC in Ruston, LA). I am going to put in some range time to get used to the feel, but like I said, they are a really sweet iron.

Now if I can just get a driver I like......
[/quote]

Based on a previous fitting, I think that is probably going to be the specs of the set I order (but may go with the CFS shafts). We are having a Ping demo day on April 17th, just 15 miles down the road from you at Calvert, and I am trying hard to wait for a new fitting before ordering based on a fitting from 3 years ago.

I rode around Squire Creek with a friend this weekend and saw how they had the course set up for "Cauley's Revenge" and it looked brutal. Course was looking great with all the azaleas in full bloom.

[quote name='conkara' timestamp='1333041206' post='4606643']
[quote name='Evicii' timestamp='1333040390' post='4606561']
Ordered mine from Golfsmith on 3/12 in Denver, still don't have them. This is killin me :cry:!!!
[/quote]
I am in Canada, took just two weeks to get. FYI I did get the ping shaft( custom lie though) so that probably sped things up a bit
[/quote]

Yeah, I got silver dot, +1/2, CFS commin!

Did launch monitor fitting today and was completely impressed. I was hitting my 7 irons around 180 yards, which I think is pretty far for me. CFS shafts feel pretty solid. I found my bad swings would produce a different color code then my good swings, so it was educational for me. All in all, you can not lose with these irons. They feel unbelievable, play like game improvement, but look like players clubs. Ping hit didn't hit a home run, they hit a grand slam with these.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]my 7 iron was consistently 88-90mph[/size][/color]
[size="2"][color="#1c2837"]
[/color][/size][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]the fitter said, all you need is the stock S shaft. Wanted some others opinions. Not that S wasn't OK, I feel like I can play almost any shaft and do OK, just didn't know what was considered a good fit for these speeds.[/size][/color]

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Lol we are all sweating the wait.... Mine is no bad since I am flat out killing these r11s... Funny thing was I wasn't before placing my order for the 20's... Go figure

TM SLDR with Motore Speeder
Cally XR 3 wood
Cally XHot 2 5w
Cally XR 7w
Ping G25 5i & 6i
Ping i20 CFS 7i - GW
Cally Jaws wedges 54* and 58*
Spider Daddy Long Legs 1st gen

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1333068253' post='4609491']
Did launch monitor fitting today and was completely impressed. I was hitting my 7 irons around 180 yards, which I think is pretty far for me. CFS shafts feel pretty solid. I found my bad swings would produce a different color code then my good swings, so it was educational for me. All in all, you can not lose with these irons. They feel unbelievable, play like game improvement, but look like players clubs. Ping hit didn't hit a home run, they hit a grand slam with these.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]my 7 iron was consistently 88-90mph[/size][/color]
[size="2"][color="#1c2837"]
[/color][/size][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]the fitter said, all you need is the stock S shaft. Wanted some others opinions. Not that S wasn't OK, I feel like I can play almost any shaft and do OK, just didn't know what was considered a good fit for these speeds.[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Same swing speed, went X soft stepped twice, which is the same as S hard stepped twice. Perfect.

Like you, I can (and have) played successfully with different flexes, from s300 to KBS Tour X. The CFS stepped feels perfect.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova