2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received mine on Tuesday of this week. They shipped from PING a week ago, which was supposedly after people on here claim the change has already been made. I personally do not see a difference but maybe someone that has an up close pic similar to mine to compare to? Someone that has had the irons for a while that is.

1eIb9.jpg

I'm in the club! Yellow dot, CFS stiff, 1/2 inch longer. I'm loving the shorter irons but found the longer irons visually a touch tricky to get used to as coming from blades.

Strange, was at least 10yrds longer with short irons but not much with longer ones, though I'm having to get used to the lie and length as my old clubs were standard and not custom fit.

It was also tricky at the range as it was 'artificial turf' and you have to pick the ball off it, fine for my blades but the interaction with the Ping's wasn't great. I'm going to take the plunge and play with them in the comp tomorrow so I'll feed back what they are like in real conditions.

I just received mine on Tuesday of this week. They shipped from PING a week ago, which was supposedly after people on here claim the change has already been made. I personally do not see a difference but maybe someone that has an up close pic similar to mine to compare to? Someone that has had the irons for a while that is.

1eIb9.jpg

Will post a picture tomorrow when I can take a picture in daylight got my set today, they are lighter than set that were on shelf in shop, Steve

Going from 08 AP2's with PX 5.0 shafts to I20's. Trying to decide on a shaft. Like the accuracy of the PX 5.0 but I would like to go to something with better feel for my swing which is only 90 mph with driver and a smooth tempo. Also want something that will give a little bit higher flight. How does the CFS stiff compare to the PX 5.0 other than the weight which I know is less? Would it play a little softer with higher trajectory? I would go to the regular flex CFS if that would be better but it is so light I worry about adjusting to that after playing the PX's for the last 4years. Local pro mentioned the KBS tours in Regular flex as an option. My current HC is 6 and usually stays between 4-6. Appreciate any thoughts you guys would have on this.

[quote name='Bt31st' timestamp='1333159151' post='4616845']
Going from 08 AP2's with PX 5.0 shafts to I20's. Trying to decide on a shaft. Like the accuracy of the PX 5.0 but I would like to go to something with better feel for my swing which is only 90 mph with driver and a smooth tempo. Also want something that will give a little bit higher flight. How does the CFS stiff compare to the PX 5.0 other than the weight which I know is less? Would it play a little softer with higher trajectory? I would go to the regular flex CFS if that would be better but it is so light I worry about adjusting to that after playing the PX's for the last 4years. Local pro mentioned the KBS tours in Regular flex as an option. My current HC is 6 and usually stays between 4-6. Appreciate any thoughts you guys would have on this.
[/quote]

Played the Ap2 originals myself till last fall,,,,Had px 6.0, I've only hit the cfs shaft at demo days (going for fitting next week)....The cfs def plays alittle softer and launches higher....

[size="4"]After 20+ years of hitting Callaways, I decided to switch over to the new Ping I20's. Great I20 reviews on this site and others, plus the looks are outstanding. Ordered from my local retailer; ship date is two weeks out. Best part was the 50% additional trade in value for my Razr X's. I didn't think that Ping was part of that promotion. Got fitted with black dot, A flex, 20 and 23 hybrid, 5-PW. Paid full retail, as Ping requires, plus tax.

[/size][i][size="4"][size="4"] If everyone keeps buying everything on-line, soon there won't be any brick and mortar stores [/size]left[/size][/i]. :man_in_love:

[size="3"]Picture of new i20 5 iron, [/size][size=2]had[/size][size="3"] to wait over 5 weeks but after using them last [/size][size=2]night[/size][size="3"] I was very happy, KBS Tour S in them great flight high but wind did not cause any [/size][size=2]ballooning, lost a little distance into the wind but very good flight and picked up at least a club [/size][size="3"] in distance.[/size]

[size="3"][attachment=1096843:DSC01744.JPG]
[/size]

[quote name='steven-m-rose' timestamp='1333210936' post='4619231']
[size="3"]Picture of new i20 5 iron, [/size][size=2]had[/size][size="3"] to wait over 5 weeks but after using them last [/size][size=2]night[/size][size="3"] I was very happy, KBS Tour S in them great flight high but wind did not cause any [/size][size=2]ballooning, lost a little distance into the wind but very good flight and picked up at least a club [/size][size="3"] in distance.[/size]

[size="3"][attachment=1096843:DSC01744.JPG]
[/size]
[/quote]

Enjoy 'em! I'm loving KBS Tour S i20 combo. For me, it gave me the best combo of dispersion and distance of all the shafts I tried.

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

[quote name='peat24' timestamp='1333315685' post='4625549']
gonna pull the trigger on my i20s tomorrow. got fitted today and come to find out, i am off the fitting charts! 6"4", and a 41" WTF. going +1.5" maroon. wowzer. still deciding if i need/want the 3 iron though.

-a.
[/quote]

I am pretty much same boat as you. I'm a little over 6'3" and got my I20's fitted with KBS Tour S, 1" long, silver code, orange grips. My set is 4 thru UW...I also have 54 and 58 deg. Tour S wedges with the same setup. I put a 20 deg G20 hybrid with tour stiff shaft in bag instead of the 3 iron...its my 210-220 yd stick. Played 6 rounds so far with them and absolutely LOVE the I20's and hybrid. They replaced Callaway X-14's I got fitted for over 10 years ago that were 1" long, 2 deg up with Rifle 6.0 shafts.

[quote name='buchaneb' timestamp='1333377478' post='4629915']
What is the current mom & pop store turn-around time with stock shafts? Thinking of ordering some soon in time for a trip 4/18.
[/quote]

There was a set on the BST yesterday that were black dot, everything else standard with Stiff CFS.

Here's the link.. Not much turn around time if you go this route! [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/627771-ping-i20-irons-4-uw-cfs-stiff/"]i20's[/url]

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I played my first four rounds since Nov. while in Oklahoma City. The results were 75-74-73-75 with a very mediocre short game. The 7-pw are outstanding; point and shoot.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Just got home from hitting 300 balls at the range, 250+ with the i20, 3 iron only.......The CG, XLS, 7W is SO NOT going in the bag at this point in time! My home course opens this Thursday, Apr 5.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='24vince' timestamp='1333415537' post='4634361']
Figured I'd post this on both threads, I got email response from PIng 2day telling me;

All orders from here on out will have the lighter finish and they are caught up to the point that all iron orders ship ship out in 10-11 business days....
[/quote]

Ordered mine on the 23rd and are being delivered today. Hopefully mine have the lighter finish.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

I ordered mine from the PGAStore on 3/19 and have not heard from them yet... I had a gap wedge with the same spec ordered from my club and it looks like it will be here Thurs.

Can't wait but my R11's are holding down the fort

TM SLDR with Motore Speeder
Cally XR 3 wood
Cally XHot 2 5w
Cally XR 7w
Ping G25 5i & 6i
Ping i20 CFS 7i - GW
Cally Jaws wedges 54* and 58*
Spider Daddy Long Legs 1st gen

Heyyyyyy.... I was just whining over not getting my i20's yet and bingo the call from the PGA store came while I was at the office.... I tore up a pair of shoes driving up 85 through all of the rush hour traffic.... got them and then chipped and pitched with the PW in the yard.... they hit the course tomorrow :D... they will get the stress test this weekend with my $$ on the line.

TM SLDR with Motore Speeder
Cally XR 3 wood
Cally XHot 2 5w
Cally XR 7w
Ping G25 5i & 6i
Ping i20 CFS 7i - GW
Cally Jaws wedges 54* and 58*
Spider Daddy Long Legs 1st gen

Lighter faces?

DG S300's, blue dot. :partytime2:

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

I don't think so but those are beautiful.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well.... I have never been a big fan of PING stuff. I haven't liked the look or was too turned off by the "Cast vs. forged" feel thing. A number of reasons that really are quite stupid.

I have have been gamin AP2's this year and have liked them fine, but not quite seeing the results I wanted.

So... I sprung for a set of i20's - Blue Dot - CFS stiff - iD7 grips.

Let me tell you. I've played three rounds. While I am still working on my consistency (it is april in the midwest... and the golf swing has been fairly dormant) I have managed to shoot three of my lowest 9-hole rounds. I had consecutive nine's of 37, 38, 36.

These irons are solid. Point and shoot. Seriously forgiving, GREAT feel. I can work the ball rather easily... I seriously can't say enough.

I am now officially a ping disciple. I have the i20 driver in my bag and I am about to go buy a 2012 Hoofer bag just to match everything.

What now do I do with all my AP2 712's? Maybe I'll just let em sit there an be jealous.

I know it has been said in this thread a buzzilion times, but seriously, everyone should go hit these things. Ping may have designed the iron of the decade.

[quote name='oO J4M3S Oo' timestamp='1333721339' post='4664110']
Are the i20's forgiving? I hate the size of the G's but need a bit off help keeping my shots in a straight line.
[/quote]

Yes, most definitely. Really, very very forgiving for what is a relatively compact head. I tested them a lot against the G20's and the difference in forgiveness between the two was not as significant as you might think.

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1333730737' post='4664974']
Are the i20's forgiving? I hate the size of the G's but need a bit off help keeping my shots in a straight line.
[/quote]

Yes, most definitely. Really, very very forgiving for what is a relatively compact head. I tested them a lot against the G20's and the difference in forgiveness between the two was not as significant as you might think.
[/quote]

Really? Thats crazy, thanks for the input

[quote name='oO J4M3S Oo' timestamp='1333740729' post='4665844']
[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1333730737' post='4664974']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? Thats crazy, thanks for the input
[/quote]

He's spot on.. i20's are very forgiving.. More forgiving than my 53's or R9TP's..

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2