I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

[/quote]

Really? Thats crazy, thanks for the input
[/quote]

He's spot on.. i20's are very forgiving.. More forgiving than my 53's or R9TP's..
[/quote]

The fact that they have been grouped into the 'better player' category has put me off a bit but I'll definitely give them a go. When I first started playing golf I used my dads old i3's. So these could work for me, especially if i get fit for them.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ordered 3/23

shipped 3/30

received 4/2

Not bad. I think I got the darker finish. My irons are 4-UW with KBS xtra stiff shaft in black dot. Took em out yesterday in the low 40* weather. man it was cold. I had a hard time trying to swing solidly under layers of clothing. I did struck it pretty well. I'm very impressed. Everything is smooth and solid, even on mishits. Can't wait to spend more time with them this weekend on the range.

My i20 driver took longer though - it was shipped yesterday. Should get it monday I think.

[quote name='SuperBombin' timestamp='1333748932' post='4666528']
ordered 3/23

shipped 3/30

received 4/2

Not bad. I think I got the darker finish. My irons are 4-UW with KBS xtra stiff shaft in black dot. Took em out yesterday in the low 40* weather. man it was cold. I had a hard time trying to swing solidly under layers of clothing. I did struck it pretty well. I'm very impressed. Everything is smooth and solid, even on mishits. Can't wait to spend more time with them this weekend on the range.

My i20 driver took longer though - it was shipped yesterday. Should get it monday I think.
[/quote]

Wow, that's fast. Where did you order them from? I order a set of G15's w/CFS shafts on 3/30 and they're telling me shipping is 5/1, now that's silly.

[quote name='Golfdoctor' timestamp='1333765096' post='4668296']
ordered 3/23

shipped 3/30

received 4/2

[/quote]

Wow, that's fast. Where did you order them from? I order a set of G15's w/CFS shafts on 3/30 and they're telling me shipping is 5/1, now that's silly.
[/quote]

I ordered from my local course that had a ping demo day. Sounds like the g15s are lower priority for them as they try to catch up and focus on the i20s

What was the upgrade cost for the KBS per club?

ordered 3/23

shipped 3/30

received 4/2

[/quote]

[quote name='Mojoman' timestamp='1333809282' post='4670676']
What was the upgrade cost for the KBS per club?

ordered 3/23

shipped 3/30

received 4/2

[/quote]
[/quote]

$10 per club...

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1333741353' post='4665880']
He's spot on.. i20's are very forgiving.. More forgiving than my 53's or R9TP's..
[/quote]

Yeah, if you can hit the back of the ball, I find these [i]brutally[/i] forgiving. The G20 is so overkill I almost find them harder to hit - due to the sole. I wouldn't want any more grace on my swing than the i20 offers.

I don't think a golfer that is a sub 15 cap would want the G20 over these. I'm around a 4 cap and I haven't missed the face to the point of distance or direction loss yet. I might get stuck from time to time due to my swing sequence (extreme inside out) but that isn't going to be graced by a larger headed iron.

I can't imagine how the G20 would be chosen over the i20. Unless you are just starting. But that's just my eye and no offense to anyone intended. My buddy is a PGA Tour player and plays the G15's..So what do I know?

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

I think orders would just go buy if the parts of the clubs were available and when it was placed. All the clubs are assembled by hand by the employees so they can only do so many sets a day. I got to see the process. Pretty amazing.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

[quote name='peat24' timestamp='1334019616' post='4688882']
whoa.

i ordered mine april 2nd and they were at my golf shop today, april 9th. too bad there are 40mph winds, and a potential for snow the next three days. i guess i can just stare at them and dream of hitting them.

-a.
[/quote]

Have you Rochester guys gotten soft?

The winds always blowing off that cursed lake. The courses in Syracuse seem to be getting a lot of play. Get out there and get those irons dirty. :)

whoa.

i ordered mine april 2nd and they were at my golf shop today, april 9th.

-a.
[/quote]

THAT is fast. That's MIZUNO fast. I remember 2 years ago I ordered a custom set from mizuno - My retailer made the phone call order with me present. They built them that day - fedex'ed them the next. I ordered on a tuesday and had them on a friday....MORNING...so I played that day.

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

ordered 3/23

shipped 3/30

received 4/2

[b]Not bad. I think I got the darker finish[/b]. My irons are 4-UW with KBS xtra stiff shaft in black dot. Took em out yesterday in the low 40* weather. man it was cold. I had a hard time trying to swing solidly under layers of clothing. I did struck it pretty well. I'm very impressed. Everything is smooth and solid, even on mishits. Can't wait to spend more time with them this weekend on the range.

[/quote]

thought ping had stopped doing the dark finish because of the quality of them,

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[quote name='oO J4M3S Oo' timestamp='1334053937' post='4691368']
How does the Ping cfs shaft compare to TT dynamic gold?
[/quote]

I came from TT-DG. The CFS are much lighter. 109 for the stiff and 114 for the X. DG are 130 grams for the stiff and X.

As a result they launch slightly higher so I went with X to knock it back down a bit. They are buttery smooth. My favorite iron shaft to date!

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='GolfingBear' timestamp='1334021421' post='4689172']
whoa.

i ordered mine april 2nd and they were at my golf shop today, april 9th. too bad there are 40mph winds, and a potential for snow the next three days. i guess i can just stare at them and dream of hitting them.

-a.
[/quote]

Have you Rochester guys gotten soft?

The winds always blowing off that cursed lake. The courses in Syracuse seem to be getting a lot of play. Get out there and get those irons dirty. :)
[/quote]

haha agreed - i grew up in rochester - i remember tryouts in the "spring" for high school golf would often involve freezing rain, sleet, even light snow on occasion.. and of course the wind.

i will never forget getting pelted by sleet in the face with 40+ mph winds standing on the fourth hole of victor hills south course - totally exposed to the wind at the tee box. i think i belted a low bullet out there like 245 and was ecstatic!

you'll love the i20s - yes go get them dirty! i live in miami now - out of the cold! hit 'em well!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4834226]

My babies are getting shipped out today to have the faces blasted on them to remove the coating. :(

PING Customer Service is absolutely incredible. I called them, they issued a repair request and even paid for overnight shipping! I need to borrow my buddy's shovels to be able to play league, but it will be worth it in the end!

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1334072470' post='4692952']
My babies are getting shipped out today to have the faces blasted on them to remove the coating. :(

PING Customer Service is absolutely incredible. I called them, they issued a repair request and even paid for overnight shipping! I need to borrow my buddy's shovels to be able to play league, but it will be worth it in the end!
[/quote]

Did you take a before pic?

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1334074236' post='4693182']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did take a really good pic of the face of my 7 iron the day I received them. It is actually just on the previous page in this very thread. I will be taking a pic when I get it back in the same lighting so you will be able to tell the difference.

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1334081022' post='4693980']
[quote name='topr' timestamp='1334074236' post='4693182']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did take a really good pic of the face of my 7 iron the day I received them. It is actually just on the previous page in this very thread. I will be taking a pic when I get it back in the same lighting so you will be able to tell the difference.
[/quote]

What did you call and tell them that they are doing this for you free?

Thanks to my head pro and our local Ping rep my i20s came in today. I was only able to hit them on the range and they seem to perform the way I expected when ordering. I ordered them Blue Dot, +1/2", with CFS X shafts. I'm coming out of S56s with C-Tapers and these really seemed to have a lower ball flight with less spin, which is what I wanted. The range was playing down wind so the spin and flight was hard to get a feel for. All I know is I was hitting some really long bombs with the long Irons. Everything seemed long. I'm ok with that as long as they stop when they hit the green. This has never been a problem before, so I'm sure it will be good.

Now while I was waiting for the i20's I picked up a set of MP63's that I've been hitting really well. I was looking for more forgiveness than the S56's and I feel like both these sets will fit the bill.

[color=#008000]Titleist TS3 10.5 Diamana BF 60s
Titleist TS3 16.5* Diamana LTD Blue 70s
TS3 19* Hazrdus Smoke 80s (S)[/color]
[color=#008000]Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron $Taper 130 Soft Stepped
4-PW Mizuno MP20 MB $Taper 130 Soft Stepped
52* Vokey SM8 F Grind S200
58* Vokey SM8 K Grind S200 
Bettinardi BB-8w Raw[/color]

[quote name='mrfols' timestamp='1334202293' post='4705568']
Thanks to my head pro and our local Ping rep my i20s came in today. I was only able to hit them on the range and they seem to perform the way I expected when ordering. I ordered them Blue Dot, +1/2", with CFS X shafts. I'm coming out of S56s with C-Tapers and these really seemed to have a lower ball flight with less spin, which is what I wanted. The range was playing down wind so the spin and flight was hard to get a feel for. All I know is I was hitting some really long bombs with the long Irons. Everything seemed long. I'm ok with that as long as they stop when they hit the green. This has never been a problem before, so I'm sure it will be good.

Now while I was waiting for the i20's I picked up a set of MP63's that I've been hitting really well. I was looking for more forgiveness than the S56's and I feel like both these sets will fit the bill.
[/quote]

Glad they are finally in. I played the MP-62's (had a few rounds with the 63's as a demo set).

The i20's are the best irons I've ever hit - the MP-62's are second. Period.

Enjoy them and let us know which becomes your first teamer set!

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

Well I already got my i20's back from PING from having them face blasted. I can tell a difference up close but not a HUGE difference. When it will really show is after a couple rounds since a few of my irons were showing significant wear like many have stated.

Here is a before and after photo

BEFORE:

i1q1O.jpg

AFTER:

KdKVy.jpg

The paint in the 8 of my 8 iron is chipping. The white line on the bottom groove of my Tour S 50 is wearing. This is my first year playing ping and these two issues, as well as the I20 finish, create a lot of disappointment. And my new Ping Latitude looks like it was made in a toy factory.

The fact that I am hitting the ball more accurately, consistently makes up for it though. And the bag is really lightweight.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1334281101' post='4711734']
The paint in the 8 of my 8 iron is chipping. The white line on the bottom groove of my Tour S 50 is wearing. This is my first year playing ping and these two issues, as well as the I20 finish, create a lot of disappointment. And my new Ping Latitude looks like it was made in a toy factory.

The fact that I am hitting the ball more accurately, consistently makes up for it though. And the bag is really lightweight.
[/quote]

Nole - that paint line has always come off - ever since PING has made irons with that white line. That's a huge non-issue. That lower score line is coming through the turf and peeling a dirty divot at 90 miles per hour repeatedly.

And my AP2's are were missing the paint in the number 6,7,9 after about 2 months of golf.

If you want, grab some enamel paint and touch it up. But even your paint won't stay for long. Heck I was considering removing the paint from my i20's (the numbers)

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

its impossible to find my specs on the bay. it's like all the freak show off ball specs are sold on there right now. isn't anyone +1/2 green dot or do they love their irons so much they would never list them? Seems like they are all like maroon dot or purple, and +1.5" or just straight off the rack stock. DARN IT

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png