Philippines

steedboy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where will you be staying?....

...there are 2 near the makati/mandaluyong area(villamor and aguinaldo) and another one further away in quezon city(veterans)....

all three are government/military public courses and are a bit flat with villamor being the best and longest of the 3...

there are many other courses within an hour or two from metromanila and 2 inside but these are private and need an accompanying member..

if you're staying in a hotel they should be able to help you with the public courses..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[size="3"]Hi JMV, thankyou very much for the information. Should have stated i played Vilamor last year which was very convenient to our hotel the Dusit (& staying there again) but it was very busy and & slow at that time. If that is the best of the bunch then maybe better looking for a private CG but are they all member only clubs? Its my birthday and my GF is treating me :drinks:. Take it you are a resident of Manila, if so do you know how far the [size="3"]golfworks in citygolf Julia Vargas is to the Dusit, are there large Golf stores in Manila like you get in the US, opposite the Dusit i noticed there were afew smaller golf stores?

Have you played Catagan GC? Now that is one of my all time favourite courses :D.
Apologies for all the questions :man_in_love: ............................................[/size][/size]

i am no longer a manila resident..i am now based in subic but go to manila from time to time..

i am a longtime customer of golfworks and it's not that far from the dusit...

.......suggest you visit the pinoygolfer forum at www.pinoygolfer.com as they will be able to really give you more updated info on the golf courses and golf stores....there are plenty but you have to know where they are..

there is also a golf store not far from you in makati cinema square named PROGEAR which has a nice inventory of new and pre-owned clubs including beres, fourteen,miura, etcc..

nike, callaway, srixon,cleveland,bridgestone/tourstage,honma and adams are among the brands here with local distributors..

....i am known as "tigerhood" in the pinoygolfer forum and you can mention that i recommended you to go there..

..most if not all the private clubs need some kind of prior arrangement..

hope this helps..

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

JMV (Tigerhood)

Thanks once again for your thoughts, i do from time to time check on Pinoygolfer and am now in contact with a guy to hopefully try a fitting for the Ping I20's, have also asked for info on courses and recently recieved this - [b][size="3"]Well if you have an hour to kill driving to a course, might as well try to play Orchard Golf and Country Club in Dasmarinas, Cavite, Southwoods Golf and Country Club in Laguna, TAT Filipinas in Binan, Laguna and even Sherwood Hills in Trece Martires, Cavite. All are private courses but welcome walk in guests and all are reachable from Makati in an hour (TAT and Southwoods are actually just 30 mins away).
[/size][/b]

[size="2"]Also looking to change out my present irons shafts to the C-Tapers so recieved this advice-

[/size][size="3"][b]Can order C Tapers from Golfworks in Citygolf Julia Vargas, Ask for Tont or Pao Olives

[/b][/size][size="2"]Thanks for your help![/size]

the only thing i can add is that the half to one hour transit times mentioned to the various courses may be a bit on the low side..

makati traffic can be quite unpredictable unless you leave before dawn!!..he he he!!

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

• 1 year later...

[quote name='xxio' timestamp='1370267313' post='7159152']
We had issues with bots and spammers. Send MGB (username) a PM here on wrx. He will get you on the board. If you are planning to go south/Cebu let me know.
[/quote]

Thanks! Much appreciated. Would love to get to some other areas, but locked into metro Manila for work... I have rounds setup at southwoods and Manila golf but definitely looking for some help with rentals and etc...

• 10 months later...

Just got back from a biz trip to Phils in March - took my clubs along...played 2 times at Intramuros. Not a great course, or great challenge - but it is great fun. Esp for night golf. We like to tee off ~5, play the front 9 in daylight, then the lights come on. The students come out and sit up on the fortress walls and they'll watch and give a cheer for a nice shot. And it goes great with cold SML!

I've also played Wack Wack - good challenge, narrow course in the city...need to get a member hook-up to get one

Also have played Orchards & Canlubang (which has 2 RTJ courses) which are very nice but a ways out of the city (plan a full day excursion)

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

• 2 weeks later...

xxio,
I tried PM'ing you but apparently you can't accept any new messages?
Anyways, here's the message I was sending. Feel free to PM me.
Thank you for the contact, I appreciate it. I am planning to be in Cebu some time in mid to late October. I just booked my flight to Hong Kong to visit family and we are hoping to jump down to Cebu for a golf/dive week. Any recommendations or advice you have would be helpful. I realize it's early, I'm just really excited.
Thanks again,
Fun

• 1 year later...

Baguio is great because of the weather. For a change, you might want to try Anvaya golf Club which is only 30 minutes from Subic. It will be a total unique play experience offering great views of the West Philippine Sea at 120 meters above sea level. Designed by Kevin Ramsey it has been recenty awarded as Asia's Best Golf Course.

Feel free to message me for more information.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.