2012 Nike Free Golf Shoe

ntogolf

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

189? Honestly, those look like they should be $59.99. With 100 pairs stuffed on the clearance rack. Ok that's a little harsh but we can all agree they aren't the most attractive shoes available. Plus, it's not like they seem to be made out of really fancy materials or real leather but I guess they know people will pay that for them. And yeah those foamposites are ridiculous. I have an acquaintance who paid $2,000 for a pair. He has worn them twice. Every time I tell him he wasted money he goes "but I can sell them later to some dumb desperate guy for $2,500!" I want to tell him that guy already bought them but you, know, I don't want to hurt his feelings.

[quote name='lukesmurf59' timestamp='1335394768' post='4789982']
189? Honestly, those look like they should be $59.99. With 100 pairs stuffed on the clearance rack. Ok that's a little harsh but we can all agree they aren't the most attractive shoes available. Plus, it's not like they seem to be made out of really fancy materials or real leather but I guess they know people will pay that for them. And yeah those foamposites are ridiculous. I have an acquaintance who paid $2,000 for a pair. He has worn them twice. Every time I tell him he wasted money he goes "but I can sell them later to some dumb desperate guy for $2,500!" I want to tell him that guy already bought them but you, know, I don't want to hurt his feelings.
[/quote]

I think they look great and as someone who has trained in frees, 3.0's, 5.0's, 7.0's etc. for years I'm excited about getting a pair. Where I live the trainers cost $124.99 and you can expect to pay something on top of that for spikes.

910D3 9.25* PX 6.5
910F 16.5* PX 6.5
910H 20.5* PX 6.5
T-MB 4, 5 TI X100
716 AP2 6-9 TI X100
SM5 46* Chrome TI X100
SM5 Raw 52*, 56*, 60* Raw TI S400
Wilson Staff 1

i think these shoes are a nice change of pace, from the stock dress shoe-like golf shoes on the market today. the high end leather golf shoes are $300+, so $180 for the nike frees seem reasonable given the technology/material involved.

my only concern would be how durable the TW free shoes will be. my adipures are 2+ years old and still looking good!

Referring to those thave have pre-ordered the 2013 tw nike free's, how did you determine your size for them without trying them on?

Did you just go by what your normal nike free running/trainer shoe size is? (trying to figure out what I should order as I have a pair of nike free runners at size 11 (i'm normally a size 10.5))

[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1330002023' post='4357205']
There were some pics of a sales sample from the PGA Show in another thread. In my opinion, this shoe looks different than the one Tiger is wearing.

To the OP, I'm not saying your pics are fugazzi, they are the same exact shoes that were displayed in the back room at the PGA Show. I'm just saying that Tiger has Tinker one-offs and it's disappointing they felt the need to alter the production model.

Nevertheless, Tinker is the man. I hope he designs more golf shoes in the future.
[/quote]

i think the one tiger is wearing just have a little differnt color scheme it looks to be the same in every other aspect though.
[url="http://www.edwardyoung.net/nike-free-golf-available-late-spring-2012-852"]http://www.edwardyoung.net/nike-free-golf-available-late-spring-2012-852[/url]

Ping G410 plus 9* accra tz5 65 m5
Taylormade M5 fw 15* Oban devotion hb 75-05
Mizuno JPX 19* accra concept 300 80g m5
Srixon U85 4 iron KBS Tour V 120x
Srixon 785 5-pw KBS Tour V 120x
Cleveland RTX 4 50* 54* mid bounce/ Taylormade Hi Toe atv 60*
Taylormade Ardmore 3 MCA Diamana p series 135 2.0

Here's a video we made on the new TW 13 shoe -- FYI since the toe box area was a bit flimsy and collapsing, Nike Golf is slightly changing the main material of the shoe to quell some of those issues and therefore will be just a tad different, we'll do a video response when they come so to show you the difference. Over all this shoe felt amazing and as most of you are saying, yes, these will be extremely limited and we are not doing a pre-order for them. As of now, June 1st is still the launch date and we'll have both white and black colorways -- here is our size runs in both black and the white colorway: 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, and 12

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N35cz6JCqhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is it just me, or does it look like Nike tried to make Jordan-like golf shoes?

Taylormade SIM Max 9° Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 60

Ping G425 Max 14.5° Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Orange 75

Taylormade SIM2 Rescue 19.5° Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 80
Taylormade 2021 P790 4 - PW Dynamic Gold 105

Taylormade MG2 50° Dynamic Gold S200

Taylormade MG2 54° Dynamic Gold S200
Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 58° KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Taylormade Spider X Chalk 

[quote name='nowo21' timestamp='1335577977' post='4803708']
we were fortunate enough to get a pre order. 6 Black and 6 White for June 1 sizes 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11,12
[/quote]

The store I went to had a prototype shoe in my size. I was able to try them on and they ended up fitting me perfect. I would say get whatever size that you normally wear in a Nike Free running shoe.

[quote name='major123' timestamp='1335749138' post='4812460']
[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1330002023' post='4357205']
There were some pics of a sales sample from the PGA Show in another thread. In my opinion, this shoe looks different than the one Tiger is wearing.

To the OP, I'm not saying your pics are fugazzi, they are the same exact shoes that were displayed in the back room at the PGA Show. I'm just saying that Tiger has Tinker one-offs and it's disappointing they felt the need to alter the production model.

Nevertheless, Tinker is the man. I hope he designs more golf shoes in the future.
[/quote]

i think the one tiger is wearing just have a little differnt color scheme it looks to be the same in every other aspect though.
[url="http://www.edwardyoung.net/nike-free-golf-available-late-spring-2012-852"]http://www.edwardyou...spring-2012-852[/url]
[/quote]

The initial ones that Tiger wore are completely different. Look at the sole of the two different shoes. The pattern and support have drastically changed from the early prototypes along with the color accents.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1335844932' post='4821614']
For $159 you would think Nike would come up with a better name than "Free".
[/quote]

It is actually called the TW13.

For a bit of clarification, this is not a FREE running shoe with spikes. It is FREE inspired. It's a shoe built with natural motion, inspired by what was done in the FREE running line. If you loved the FREE's, you will love the TW13. If you haven't ever tried the FREE's before, you will find this different, certainly over a traditional shoe, but if you wear it a few rounds you will be amazed at the comfort and fit.

Tiger/nike golf just tweeted official date June 8th!!

[url="https://twitter.com/#%21/TigerWoods"][b]Tiger Woods[/b] ‏ [s]@[/s][b]TigerWoods[/b] [/url] We had to get it right for me so I could get it right for you. My new [url="https://twitter.com/#%21/nikegolf"][s]@[/s][b]nikegolf[/b][/url] [url="https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TW13"][s]#[/s][b]TW13[/b][/url] shoes in stores on June 8th [url="https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23FreeYourSwing"][s]#[/s][b]FreeYourSwing[/b][/url]