[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1331771482' post='4509685']
Not my style... properly worn golf hats are for the golf course or range.
[/quote]

Wait, [i]properly [/i]worn[i]? [/i]See that's a whole different animal right there. That I do not do. I will only wear a golf hat to the grocery store improperly and I feel good about it.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='swbyps' timestamp='1331761962' post='4508743']
Seriously? So there is concern about whether you should wear a golf logo hat when not playing golf? I thought we were supposed to be adults here. Wear the freaking hat!

I'll tell you whats an even bigger concern. Is it ok to get decked out in your golf gear..white belt included..for a trip to Golf Galaxy?

Ridiculous....
[/quote]

+1!

I prefer the mesh-backed, or "trucker" style hats. Do I have to be a truck driver to wear it? Do you have to play for the Yankees to wear a Yankees hat? Can I wear my Carnoustie hat in America?

Aren't these really BASEBALL-style hats, anyway? Are we really allowed to be wearing them for golf, even?

Wow.

I don't think it makes much sense for folks to wear a hockey jersey to a baseball game... But, companies put their logo on hats all the time. And the hats aren't golf-specific. So... Am I missing something here?

Who cares bro? I throw on my Titleist / FJ / ProV hat from time to time when I dont feel like doing my hair. I dont typically wear hats so thats what I have on hand

It's not that people are wrong or right about you man, it's that they are giving you crap in the first place.

If someone, as stated above, called me a hack for wearing a freaking golf hat off the course, I would laugh in their face and gladly challenge them to 18 holes as soon as possible.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

[quote name='mich_ping' timestamp='1331733591' post='4505541']
I am a ping guy....so the only thing annoying about wearing ping apparel among the general public is when somone asks me where my pong hat is....I must hear that a few times a year. Other than that, golf hats are really all I ever wear (when I wear a hat).
[/quote]

Now, you have to buy your girlfriend a PONG hat and have her always stand to your left. :cheesy:

[color=#000000][b]DRIVER:[/b] Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
[b]3+W:[/b] Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
[b]5W:[/b] Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
[b]IRONS:[/b] Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2, [/color][color=#ff0000]Red Dot[/color]
[color=#000000][b]PUTTER:[/b] Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
[b]WEDGES:[/b] Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts[/color]
[color=#000000][b]BALL:[/b] Srixon XV [/color][color=#808080] [/color]
[color=#000000][b]CART: [/b]SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1[/color]
[color=#000000][b]BAG: SM[/b] H2N0, [b]PING[/b] C-130[/color]
[color=#000000][b]BACK UP: [/b]Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)[/color]

I don't really care but the hat should come off in a restaurant, theater, some one's house or most obviously, a church.

Cobra F9 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
Cobra F9 16.0, UST Helium 49 A Flex
TXG Custom SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
Sonartec MD 23* Hybrid, UST Irod A Flex 
TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal 6-pw, "B" heads, 1* up, + 1/2", UST Recoil ESX 460 R, Soft Stepped Once
Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R
Ping Glide 1.0 55*, Accra 90i R
TXG Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, DG S300
Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

Wear it I do and dont care what people think about it.

TM SIM Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
TM P790 6 Nippon Modus 3 130, Black 7-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind 2 Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM Hi-Toe Big Foot 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I wear mine out daily and it isn't even tour issue. I promise the hat pictures will cease since it is becoming trite. No more, no more monoline, I promise.

[attachment=1071595:DSC_0023.JPG]

Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
Srixon Z565 4-AW
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Camico Newport 2

[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1331779052' post='4510713']
The only people I see wearying their hats, gear and such off the course are typically hacks...
[/quote]

And someone who wears his hat in public would like to clean your wallet for you anytime... Since I'm such a hack you should have no trouble giving me 5 a side

Heres my thoughts on the suject...

If you dont have this-----> [attachment=1072157:brandel.jpg]

You can prevent from having to look like this-----> [attachment=1072159:furyk1.jpg]

And turn it into this------>[attachment=1072161:furyk2.jpg]

I actually live in a ball cap....C'mon its a ball cap that happens to have golf OEM name on it, wear it when its appropriate and for me thats 90% of the time.

Cheers,

Scott

Callaway Sub Zero, Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Ping SF Tech 16*
Titleist 816H1 21*
Titleist 913H 24*
Callaway Razr MB 5-PW
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60*
Spider X Copper

This is why I only stop in here about every three months. I'm a walking fahion fauxpax. The golf police should be breaking down my door.

I pretty much only own golf hats and since I wear hats most of the time.. Well... You can guess the rest. The only time anyone has ever said anything to me is when I used to wear an old blue Cobra hat.. I've had a few guys ask me "do you own one?" Thinking it was an AC Cobra hat. I stopped wearing it just so I wouldn't have to explain that it's a golf hat.

I never even realized someone would notice or care that I have a golf hat on. I wonder what people think when I have my golf hat and golf pullover on. Even worse I'm usually wearing my most comfy shoes... White and blue Ecco tennies/golf.. Hopefully my cargo shorts balance it out so I don't look like a total poser. :blush:

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1331825861' post='4513159']
[b][color="#0000ff"]So you see them off the course, and can tell that they are hacks? Thats some serious ability right there.[/color][/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='tigergolfer22' timestamp='1331861264' post='4516541']
[b][color="#ff0000"]And someone who wears his hat in public would like to clean your wallet for you anytime... Since I'm such a hack you should have no trouble giving me 5 a side[/color]
[/quote][/b]

Unfortunately...in my exp, it always plays out, weather you guys like it or not. I've never seen scratch/good players, at least the ones I've known...and that's quite a few, dressing like golfers off the course.

I'll give you 5 a side, no prob, assuming you're a double digit handicap, cause if you're not then why on earth you'd post a rebuttal in defense of hacks is beyond me, as my comment never pertained to you in the first place. If I loose, I'll pay up...shake your hand and congratulate you with a pitcher on me. I don't know where "next to heater" is, but if you're ever in San Diego PM me. Bring your "A" game brother....

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
712CB - KBS Tour S+
SM4 - KBS Tour S
2014 Fastback
ProV1x

I wear a golf hat off the course in the sense that I keep the New Era hat I wear during the round on until I get home, the only difference being that I turn the hat backwards.
Personally, I wouldn't wear a tour hat outside the course. This is not a knock on those who do, I generally don't wear a hat outside, and if I do, I'm wearing chill clothing and the New Era hats I own look/fit so much better.

[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1332021886' post='4526209']
[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1331825861' post='4513159']
[b][color="#0000ff"]So you see them off the course, and can tell that they are hacks? Thats some serious ability right there.[/color][/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='tigergolfer22' timestamp='1331861264' post='4516541']
[b][color="#ff0000"]And someone who wears his hat in public would like to clean your wallet for you anytime... Since I'm such a hack you should have no trouble giving me 5 a side[/color]
[/quote][/b]

Unfortunately...in my exp, it always plays out, weather you guys like it or not. I've never seen scratch/good players, at least the ones I've known...and that's quite a few, dressing like golfers off the course.

I'll give you 5 a side, no prob, assuming you're a double digit handicap, cause if you're not then why on earth you'd post a rebuttal in defense of hacks is beyond me, as my comment never pertained to you in the first place. If I loose, I'll pay up...shake your hand and congratulate you with a pitcher on me. I don't know where "next to heater" is, but if you're ever in San Diego PM me. Bring your "A" game brother....
[/quote]

Well, I think part of the disagreement here is semantics, you're saying "dressing like golfers off the course", while the thread is "tour hats off the course". I think there is a huge difference between those two scenarios. Just wearing a golf hat to me doesn't conotate dressing like a golfer. If I'm doing a project at home, wearing old shorts and a tee shirt and have to run out to the Home Depot, I'll probably throw on a cap, and since almost all my caps are golf ones....but I don't think that is dressing like a golfer.

I also know many good players, and the thing I've noticed is much like myself, if they're out around town and are wearing a hat, it's probably a golf hat, probably because that's what most of their hats are.

I changed my ways...Only if it's tour issue. If not don't even bother. In all seriousness, i absolutely hate it when people ask me what t**-lee-ist is...

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

[quote name='mtsmith' timestamp='1332032139' post='4527011']
Titleist hats (the New Era mesh) are just about the only hats I ever buy (I have about 15 in all different colors) and therefore about the only ones I ever wear. I love the hat....it is very comfy and looks great imo.

I must be a super hack.
[/quote]

You bought 15 colors of the same hat?.....um....yah....

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
712CB - KBS Tour S+
SM4 - KBS Tour S
2014 Fastback
ProV1x

[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1332021886' post='4526209']

[/quote]

In my experience, it always plays out... Guys who associate tour hats off-the-course with hacks can't spell.

[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1332135799' post='4534239']
[quote name='mtsmith' timestamp='1332032139' post='4527011']
Titleist hats (the New Era mesh) are just about the only hats I ever buy (I have about 15 in all different colors) and therefore about the only ones I ever wear. I love the hat....it is very comfy and looks great imo.

I must be a super hack.
[/quote]

You bought 15 colors of the same hat?.....um....yah....
[/quote]

I've never seen 15 different color combinations of the New Era Titleist hats?!?
as long as you like it, it's all that matters. having 15 of these is no different to having 15 New Era hats in different colors with different team logos...
although it does make you a bit of a golf fanatic :P who isn't though...