TaylorMade buys Adams Golf -- CEO Mark King: “We want Adams to keep its identity”

[quote name='markheardjr' timestamp='1332191753' post='4538071']
That intellectual property part is key. What they should say is "We bought them because it was cheaper than a lawsuit over the likeness in designs of our RBZ 3 wood and their F11 3 wood.
[/quote]

You beat me to it, I think that definitely played a part in this whole deal.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zakkozuchowski' timestamp='1332179039' post='4536655']

[b]King said that TaylorMade's voice is directed at players with handicaps between 0-4, such as serious amateurs, college players and professionals. There had been conversation at TaylorMade about releasing a senior line, but King said his company made the decision to keep marketing aimed at "the top of the pyramid."
[/b]

[/quote]

really mark? How many 0-4hcps are playing the Rocketballz? Quite honestly, most of the people I know who use a lot of TM equipment are all high double figures handicaps. Sure a few of my fellow low handicap friends play a club or two but hardly all the people I know who have a lot of their stuff are mid to high handicaps.The closest thing they have to players clubs are a few of their "tour tp" things and the MB and MC irons but 90% of their business is off high handicaps. They have the MB and MC iron, RocketBallz tour (tp) and R11s TP. 4 products in their line are directed at low handicaps. All their other clubs are game improvement. And their adds certainly aren't for the better player case in point "that's rocketballz!" and "irons, but with driver DNA!" Just look at the negative reviews their adds get on here from all the good players. If they're trying to sell to 4handicaps and below they are doing a terrible job. They destroy the high handicap market, you have to credit them, they are good at selling, but apparently not to the right people?Where are they getting that they market to professionals, serious amateurs and college players? I can't imagine the CEO actually thinks that. Are we sure that isn't a misquote? TM directed to single digit and scratch? Really?

You don't want to lose loyal Adams customers by buying the company and then just putting it down.

TaylorMade just needs to mention something just as simple as "[i]we incorporated the Adams technology[/i]" or something like that in future (next season's) clubs, hybrid, wood, etc; and Adams fans will stick around in large measure (with the TaylorMade brand).

Otherwise you risk Adams fans, particularly those upset by the acquisition, going elsewhere, Callaway, Cleveland, Ping, Wilson etc.

[quote name='The GreekGrind' timestamp='1332200613' post='4539089']
You don't want to lose loyal Adams customers by buying the company and then just putting it down.

TaylorMade just needs to mention something just as simple as "[i]we incorporated the Adams technology[/i]" or something like that in future (next season's) clubs, hybrid, wood, etc; and Adams fans will stick around in large measure (with the TaylorMade brand).

Otherwise you risk Adams fans, particularly those upset by the acquisition, going elsewhere, Callaway, Cleveland, Ping, Wilson etc.
[/quote]
That's kind of the problem. Adams didn't necessarily have the most innovative technology, aside from the velocity slot. They just made really solid, good performing clubs that looked great. Adams nicely fit in between the big names and boutique manufacturers.

TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
[size=4]Scotty Cameron Golo[/size]

[quote name='The GreekGrind' timestamp='1332200613' post='4539089']

TaylorMade just needs to mention something just as simple as "[i]we incorporated the Adams technology[/i]" or something like that in future (next season's) clubs, hybrid, wood, etc; and [b]Adams fans will stick around in large measure (with the TaylorMade brand). [/b]

[/quote]

I don't see this happening. Adams made solid clubs. Solid ugly clubs. People who went with Adams, did so because Adams clubs fit their game.
These are not folks who buy into "ROCKETBALL[size="3"][i][b]Z[/b][/i][/size]" mindsets. When it's time to buy new clubs they may give a TaylorMade "Adams" a shot. If it works they'll buy, otherwise they'll move on to something else. (Ping?) But, I'm not thinking brand loyalty is going to inspire buyers. I particularly don't see Adams players having great TMAG Driver Love.

One thing nobody's asking is, are YES putters collectors items now? Adams bought them last year. They use an entirely different face technology and their body styles don't seem like a good fit for whitewash.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

we'll see how long they keep their identity for. This is just a sign of the times, you are seeing stuff like this across all industries. People will make a big deal of it, but truthfully the bubble has popped on a lot of industries that over-expanded. It will be difficult for TM to run such a huge offering and consistently make profits, eventually product lines will overlap and be cut. Why pay different marketing teams and designers to release similar clubs when you can have almost the same market share at half the cost?

Not surprising to see them go after Adams. Anyone who has followed TM's press knows they want to absolutely dominate the tour and the market share percentages. But the sky is not falling....there will always be alternatives for people who don't like them

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Some people have said that Adams were in trouble financially. My understanding is that this was not the case.

They were profitable but had a margin of just 6% (interestingly, I wonder what TM's profit margin was when adidas purchased them?)

Personally, I would have felt much better about this acquisition if it had of been a non-golf company that purchased Adams. We wouldn't be having this discussion if Under Armour or Oakley had acquired Adams, because we would know that the future of the brand would be assured.

As it stands at the moment, Adams may go the way of Ben Hogan (completely disappear after a couple of years) or Cobra (be reduced to lesser version of it's previous incarnation). At least in the latter example the brand was then on-sold to Puma AG. There may still be hope for Adams...

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

That intellectual property part is key. What they should say is "We bought them because it was cheaper than a lawsuit over the likeness in designs of our RBZ 3 wood and their F11 3 wood.
[/quote]
I was thinking exactly the same thing...

"When you find yourself in a hole.
stop digging." ~ Will Rogers

Honestly, I can argue both sides of this. I've been a loyal Taylor made driver and woods guy for the last 4 to 5 years. Tried other stuff, never seem to suit my game. I always found a TM Burner or R (insert number) in my bag.

Three years ago I bought the Original Burner irons. Purchased them when I was an 18 handicap. Over the past few years I have become a much better player and am now bordering on single digit (almost there).

TM with exception of the TP line always catered to mid to high handi's. I bought my first TP last year when I purchased the the R11 TP with the RIP shaft. Hated it ($500 wasted). Sold it and went to the Titleist D2 same shaft and loved it. Dropped 2 more strokes last year because I drove the ball better than ever and reached a 10. I also know I have outgrown those Burner irons and fairways. My spin rates are too high and I was losing distance.

My point is, now that I'm a better player, I was fitted into Mizuno MPs. As far as driver is concerned, Adams Speedline LS (Fubuki Alpha Shaft). Adams is taking a beating selling this club for only $400. The shaft itself is worth that. Their fairways are also amazing. I've tested the RBZ woods and the Adams. RBZ is almost an inch longer and the Adams woods are still just as long with shorter shafts. I never realized how awesome their clubs were.

I'm also one who also takes pride in my bag (or am vain about it). The way it looks and the quality of equipment in there. I will not play a discount brand. I don't think that will happen, but perception is reality. Adams has been adding better talent. The right talent regardless of tour (PGA, LPGA, Champions). I would think Tseng success, Watson, Perry, Aaron Baddely and others will help improve. Especially if TMAG gives them all clothing and shoe deals. That will bring credibility to Adams as well and show the world they are welcoming them into the family.

I really hope that this deal benefits both companies. Take the TMAG marketing machine and apply it to Adams. The technology of Adams and apply it to TM. Maybe I'm an optimist, but last time i checked, TM has not produced a low spin driver in years. Adams figured it out with the LS version.

Titleist 915 D2, Motore Speeder 661

TEE XCG-7 Beta 16.5*, Ozik Red Tie 7Q3 or TaylorMade RBZ 15* w/Ozik Red Tie 7Q3

Adams Idea A12 Hybrid (21), D+ HY92
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
Vokey Spin Mill, 50, 56 (bent to 55), 60
Odyssey Versa 90 #7 (White/Black)

0-4 handicaps, I never really thought of TM as a retail "players" company. Maybe King thinks he runs Titleist:) lol

[b]Mark King: "We want Adams to keep its identity"[/b]

[b]By Zak Kozuchowski[/b]

[b]GolfWRX Managing Editor[/b]

Adidas Group, the parent company of TaylorMade-adidas, announced Monday that it has agreed to purchase Adams Golf brand for the approximate price of $70 million.

TaylorMade will acquire all outstanding shares of Adams for 10.80 per share in cash. The agreement is subject to shareholder and government approval, which TaylorMade CEO Mark King expects to be finalized by midyear.

Adams will remain in its current headquarters in Plano, Texas, a decision King said was made because of his company's struggles with previous company acquisitions.

"We want Adams to keep its identity," King said in a Monday conference call. "Treating them as an affiliate helps their growth."

King said that the purchase of Adams Golf emphasizes his company's commitment to growth, and strengthens TaylorMade's ability to market to players seeking game improvement clubs, as well as women and seniors, segments that are very strong in the Adams brand. He also said that for a smaller company, Adams had great ideas around intellectual property, which was a very enticing part of the deal.

"One of the things that having multiple brands helps you do is explore different product strategies," King said. "We didn't really take an approach on this around synergy. But if there are those we can take naturally, we'll do it. But we're not going to put Adams and Yes! products in the TaylorMade tour van … I don't see the products streamlining."

King said that TaylorMade's voice is directed at players with handicaps between 0-4, such as serious amateurs, college players and professionals. There had been conversation at TaylorMade about releasing a senior line, but King said his company made the decision to keep marketing aimed at "the top of the pyramid."

"We made a foray into women's club," King said, "but when you don't market it heavily and you don't have your heart in it, that's what you get. [Adams] is in the sweets spot of the group we don't market to today."

One of the first orders of business for TaylorMade will be locating a leader for the Adams brand. Former CEO Chip Brewer left Adams Golf for Callaway Golf on Feb. 28, leaving Adams Golf founder Barney Adams as the interim CEO. King said TaylorMade is looking for a candidate this is willing to live in Plano and can emotionally connect with the brand. His company is searching inside its brand, as well as doing an executive search.

King said that TaylorMade can help Adams in several areas, such as the international community. According to King, company sales for Adams are only 10 percent overseas, while TaylorMade sells about 60 percent of its products internationally.

"The [international] network already exists," King said. "They would be funneling product into existing channels."

According to King, this will most likely be done through a small Adams team working with TaylorMade's infrastructure outside the U.S., and possibly creating specific product lines for countries such as Asia, which is common for large OEMs such as TaylorMade.

Adams also lacks a golf ball and accessory lines, which King said TaylorMade could bolster for Adams.
[/quote]

Tsr2 9*

BRNR Mini 13.5*

Gen 5 XF 17.5*

818 H1 20*/24*

Ping i210 6-P (29*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*/Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

It's their way of getting even with Kenny Perry for leaving TM. :tongue: Like somebody mentioned earlier, "I don't see the fit".

Srixon ZX5 LS 9.5* Hzrdus Gen 4 Black S

Sim 2 Titanium 15* Kura Kage Silver TiNi S 
Sim 2 Titanium 18* Kura Kage Silver Tini S
Srixon ZX 22* Graphite Design AD DI 75 S
Srixon ZX5 MkII, 5-6, C-Taper Lite S

Srixon ZX7 MkII, 7-PW, C-Taper Lite S
Cleveland RTX6 "Raw Tour Rack" 48*, 54*, 58* Dynamic Gold S400
Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS
Hdcp 2.1

Srixon Staff Member

Read between the lines...........From a well known saying.........."Adams is dead, long live the King"............Pun intended. Joking!

Or re-name Adams and call it 'Swift Golf'..................Then join the two companies and call it [b]Taylor Swift[/b]?????..............I hope they fall in love and live happily ever after!!!

No, seriously..............TM has done a great job with their drivers and woods............both product wise and marketing..............If they are to dominate other areas of the equipment arena they have to work on their irons and balls...............If you look at Mark's message and his 'target market', TM have to 'up' their appeal..............and that means taking on the Brand Names of Titleist, Ping, Mizuno and Callaway..................and that's a tough one which will take a lot of genius..............and Adams (with all due respect to Adams) will not take them anywhere near that goal. I also think they need to get one of the very top Pros playing and representing their products..........Dustin, Justin and Sean are to a lot of us on-lookers just good players but still to prove themselves in the big time...........Majors or Number 1's..............What they need is a Tiger or a Rory or a Luke using everything...........woods, irons, balls and shirts...............and then you'll see an even bigger surge in the purchase and use of their gear.

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

[quote name='big_mac' timestamp='1332206528' post='4539855']
[/quote]
I was thinking exactly the same thing...
[/quote]

This subject keeps coming up. There simply is NO trademark issues between the two companies period end of story!!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1332190385' post='4537927']
[quote name='Tiger512' timestamp='1332189562' post='4537829']
Taylormade is too good at marketing to just eliminate the Adams tour presence. That has been huge for them.
[/quote]
Honestly, I think folks are just overreacting. There's always that risk of a product line being removed from circulation, but what works will probably be incorporated into TaylorMade somehow or allow to stand on its own. What doesn't will be phased out. I don't think the quality of what Adams put out was in question. It just didn't translate into sales, which is the bottom line of any company. MB2s are outstanding. But if you're only selling 50 sets a month (arbitrary number), it's a failure.

Adams wouldn't be in this position if people were buying their stuff and if they were aggressively marketed...a la[b]...I don't know...like TaylorMade. They were losing money. TaylorMade threw it a lifeline, because they saw potential in the brand and in what they were doing. And frankly, they could.
[/b][/quote]

You have ZERO clue to what your talking about. Its funny watching everyone chirping and suggesting they have all the answers. Adams recorded record profits last quarter and has shown SIGNIFICANT growth over the last 5 years. The reason they were in this position is because the existing board members wanted something different than the past CEO (Chip Brewer) With the illiquidity of the stock, the old board members (the Gregory brothers and Roland Casanti) wanted the profits put back into the stocks instead of R&D and that wasn't the direction the CEO wanted or had been taken the last 9 years....so he had to either get rid of them before they got rid of him. One of the two ways to get rid of them was to dissolve the board by selling the company. It appears he couldn't get the deal done quick enough, so he left.

I don't want to point out the obvious...but I'd suggest buying Cally stock.:drinks:

[/quote]
No, seriously..............TM has done a great job with their drivers and woods............both product wise and marketing..............If they are to dominate other areas of the equipment arena they have to work on their irons and balls...............If you look at Mark's message and his 'target market', TM have to 'up' their appeal..............and that means taking on the Brand Names of Titleist, Ping, Mizuno and Callaway..................and that's a tough one which will take a lot of genius..............and Adams (with all due respect to Adams) will not take them anywhere near that goal. I also think they need to get one of the very top Pros playing and representing their products..........Dustin, Justin and Sean are to a lot of us on-lookers just good players but still to prove themselves in the big time...........Majors or Number 1's..............What they need is a Tiger or a Rory or a Luke using everything...........woods, irons, balls and shirts...............and then you'll see an even bigger surge in the purchase and use of their gear.
[/quote]

What??? Seriously! This is not Wilson Golf we are talking about.
"Up their appeal" what? What makes you think that these other brands have any more cache' than TM? You are delusional to think that any of these other than Titleist has the cashe' of TaylorMade. . . . No. 1s ??? over the past 60 months, two of the number 1s played TM driver and Fw woods for 80% of that time and the one guy that didn't was prohibited by contract from playing TM.
"surge" in sales?? You are talking about the number one company is club sales by a huge amount (close to a half a billion dollars more than the number 2, Callaway. (For your info, Titleist's biggest profit volume is balls, shoes and gloves).
If you are going to make outlandish statements back them up.
This union with Adams, I think could be huge for Adams at the right time with most of the other golf companies struggling.
For the record I am not with TMAG and I have 3-4 different companies clubs in my bag depending on the course and weather.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='DixieMafia' timestamp='1332213765' post='4540791']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1332190385' post='4537927']
[quote name='Tiger512' timestamp='1332189562' post='4537829']
Taylormade is too good at marketing to just eliminate the Adams tour presence. That has been huge for them.
[/quote]
Honestly, I think folks are just overreacting. There's always that risk of a product line being removed from circulation, but what works will probably be incorporated into TaylorMade somehow or allow to stand on its own. What doesn't will be phased out. I don't think the quality of what Adams put out was in question. It just didn't translate into sales, which is the bottom line of any company. MB2s are outstanding. But if you're only selling 50 sets a month (arbitrary number), it's a failure.

Adams wouldn't be in this position if people were buying their stuff and if they were aggressively marketed...a la[b]...I don't know...like TaylorMade. They were losing money. TaylorMade threw it a lifeline, because they saw potential in the brand and in what they were doing. And frankly, they could.
[/b][/quote]

You have ZERO clue to what your talking about. Its funny watching everyone chirping and suggesting they have all the answers. Adams recorded record profits last quarter and has shown SIGNIFICANT growth over the last 5 years. The reason they were in this position is because the existing board members wanted something different than the past CEO (Chip Brewer) With the illiquidity of the stock, the old board members (the Gregory brothers and Roland Casanti) wanted the profits put back into the stocks instead of R&D and that wasn't the direction the CEO wanted or had been taken the last 9 years....so he had to either get rid of them before they got rid of him. One of the two ways to get rid of them was to dissolve the board by selling the company. It appears he couldn't get the deal done quick enough, so he left.

I don't want to point out the obvious...but I'd suggest buying Cally stock.:drinks:
[/quote]
Nice to hear from someone that has a clue! There are so many "pretenders" here that have no idea or concept of business and what goes on. As for Brewer, I wish him luck. Callaway has a tough go ahead of it (and they have treated me well in the past. Roger Cleveland their chief-designer is a friend. I hope it goes better for them.

[quote name='NYKnuckleballer' timestamp='1332193427' post='4538283']
[quote name='rgk5' timestamp='1332193080' post='4538245']
The plot thickens as legal firms sharpen their claws.

Levi & Korsinsky LLP Announces Investigation Into Possible Breaches Of Fiduciary Duty By Board Of Adams Golf, Inc. In Connection With Sale Of Company To Taylormade-Adidas Golf Company
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ADGF.O/key-developments/article/2503513

Kendall Law Group Investigates Adams Golf, Inc.
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ADGF.O/key-developments/article/2503495

Briscoe Law Firm And Powers Taylor, LLP Investigate Acquisition Of Adams Golf, Inc. By TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ADGF.O/key-developments/article/2503482

Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf Of Investors Of Adams Golf, Inc
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ADGF.O/key-developments/article/2503470 :birthday::birthday::birthday:
[/quote]

Those are ambulance chasers, hoping to collect fees from any disgruntled shareholders who thought the price should've been higher. Google their names and you'll see they "investigate" each and every sale whether the price is market-supported or not.
[/quote]

NYK is 10000% correct .. I deal with this world on a daily basis ... These firms are the M&A/HTO/LBO equivalent to the 2am info-attornies that are searching for people who took an aspirin under a full moon 30 years ago while searching for the Fountain of Youth.

As far as the entire topic ... I only know one thing ... TMAG has a BUNCH - A BUNCH of VERY VERY smart people in the right spot / at the right time / doing their homework A LONG TIME before we read about it ... Companies of this magnitude had the Ts crossed 7 times & Is dotted 12 times before ever they moved in this direction. NO DOUBT in my mind

Seems to be some pretty in the know folks in this post. I just like the fact that I can get a real Matrix Altus in a Pro Black, real Fubuki or M3 in a Fast 12, etc. Even if TM shafts are occasionally real, I don't want their ugly graphics. I don't trust that TM isn't going to mess up Adams. I think It's a real shame.

Maybe I will buy Cally stock.

TM '07 Burner TP 8.5° Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5° PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18° PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51°/56°/60°
The Wilson 8802

[quote name='lukesmurf59' timestamp='1332199626' post='4538967']

[b]King said that TaylorMade's voice is directed at players with handicaps between 0-4, such as serious amateurs, college players and professionals. There had been conversation at TaylorMade about releasing a senior line, but King said his company made the decision to keep marketing aimed at "the top of the pyramid."
[/b]

[/quote]

really mark? How many 0-4hcps are playing the Rocketballz? Quite honestly, most of the people I know who use a lot of TM equipment are all high double figures handicaps. Sure a few of my fellow low handicap friends play a club or two but hardly all the people I know who have a lot of their stuff are mid to high handicaps.The closest thing they have to players clubs are a few of their "tour tp" things and the MB and MC irons but 90% of their business is off high handicaps. They have the MB and MC iron, RocketBallz tour (tp) and R11s TP. 4 products in their line are directed at low handicaps. All their other clubs are game improvement. And their adds certainly aren't for the better player case in point "that's rocketballz!" and "irons, but with driver DNA!" Just look at the negative reviews their adds get on here from all the good players. If they're trying to sell to 4handicaps and below they are doing a terrible job. They destroy the high handicap market, you have to credit them, they are good at selling, but apparently not to the right people?Where are they getting that they market to professionals, serious amateurs and college players? I can't imagine the CEO actually thinks that. Are we sure that isn't a misquote? TM directed to single digit and scratch? Really?
[/quote]

That statement was puzzling to me too. When did TM become known as a players company? To me it seems their products are geared more to the average hack.

Sad to say but Adams will go by the wayside as Hogan and the others who've been swallowed. Past promises of keeping the brand separate from the mother ship have been shallow at best and never long-lasting. In all things corporate, the bean counters have the last word....

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

To me, the condescension in his comments is obvious. TM does not see Adams as a brand that makes clubs for the better player. Yet they dominate hybrids on all pro tours and have an iron lineup that is as good if not better than every other OEM out there.

If they let Adams run as is, simply giving them financial and marketing support, that would be great. But it's a pipe dream. Adams Golf as we know it has ended. At best it will become a shadow if its former self. At worst, it will disappear altogether.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow