TaylorMade buys Adams Golf -- CEO Mark King: “We want Adams to keep its identity”

Yeah. With the stroke of a pen TM now can claim that they officially own the #1 driver, FW and hybrids in golf. Adams technology in the hybrids will be moved over. Everything else sent to China for the walmart clubs. They also have the absolute #1 womens player in the world who will wear TM to start next season. Yani might get to keep her Adams gear, but it will be white and stamped TM. There will be no seperate marketing. I hate this, I really do. But TM will make their $$$$ back less than a year. Very smart business decision. Eliminate a competitor with an up and coming reputation and high quality products, use the new acquired technology to make your products even stronger and at the same time pay so little for said company that you can finance the purchase with spare change left in the couch.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominating the drivers and now hybrid. They just cant get rid of Kenny Perry.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Adams will be fazed out! First they cheapen the brand and when sales stink they pull the plug and throw out a press report that Adams sales were slumping and the only option was to shut it down.
Now TM can say they tried but it didn't work! TM is not stupid they know exactly how to sink Adams boat and not look like the bad guys.

Only a matter of time. First GI clubs then SGI clubs then poof! No more Adams!
They probably have this secret timeline of all this stuff happening already.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1332190385' post='4537927']
[quote name='Tiger512' timestamp='1332189562' post='4537829']
Taylormade is too good at marketing to just eliminate the Adams tour presence. That has been huge for them.
[/quote]
Honestly, I think folks are just overreacting. There's always that risk of a product line being removed from circulation, but what works will probably be incorporated into TaylorMade somehow or allow to stand on its own. What doesn't will be phased out. I don't think the quality of what Adams put out was in question. It just didn't translate into sales, which is the bottom line of any company. MB2s are outstanding. But if you're only selling 50 sets a month (arbitrary number), it's a failure.

Adams wouldn't be in this position if people were buying their stuff and if they were aggressively marketed...a la...I don't know...like TaylorMade. They were losing money. TaylorMade threw it a lifeline, because they saw potential in the brand and in what they were doing. And frankly, they could.
[/quote]

also you actually cant buy MB2's from a golf town or nevada bobs golf in canada, it has to be special order from adams in the states, thought someone would want to know this...

[quote name='svs' timestamp='1332258720' post='4543000']
Adams will be fazed out! First they cheapen the brand and when sales stink they pull the plug and throw out a press report that Adams sales were slumping and the only option was to shut it down.
Now TM can say they tried but it didn't work! TM is not stupid they know exactly how to sink Adams boat and not look like the bad guys.

[/quote]

When did Penn Jillette take over the reigns of Taylormade? That's a lot of magic tied to 70 Extra Large.

[/quote]
It is a good thing you are not running a business with other peoples money. Your comments are just stupid. They would not spend $70 mil for an existing brand with an upside in a world of brands on the downside, to destroy it. Adidas didn't buy Ashworth to eliminate a competitor and fold the brand. Nor did they do that with Reebok (or does anyone here not know that they own that company). They took Reebok and focused the brand on a more specific direction that is finding success world wide than before. Adams has a huge upside in the world market where they have had very little success.
People here need to make comments on something they know, not wild speculation on things they know nothing about thinking that no one will remember to call them on it when reality makes them look bad. But I am here to call these "bad-calls" at the time of the statements.
Try again on another subject.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='markheardjr' timestamp='1332191753' post='4538071']
That intellectual property part is key. What they should say is "We bought them because it was cheaper than a lawsuit over the likeness in designs of our RBZ 3 wood and their F11 3 wood.
[/quote]

NAILED IT!!

Cobra Speedzone Camo Edition w/ GD Tour AD DI
Cobra F6 Baffler 16.5* w/Diamana Blueboard 63
Mizuno MP 20 HMB 3-PW w/ DG 105

Mizuno S18 50*/55* 

PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 60* ES 
PING Cadence TR Ketsch Mid

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1332304439' post='4548194']

[/quote]
It is a good thing you are not running a business with other peoples money. Your comments are just stupid. They would not spend $70 mil for an existing brand with an upside in a world of brands on the downside, to destroy it. Adidas didn't buy Ashworth to eliminate a competitor and fold the brand. Nor did they do that with Reebok (or does anyone here not know that they own that company). They took Reebok and focused the brand on a more specific direction that is finding success world wide than before. Adams has a huge upside in the world market where they have had very little success.
People here need to make comments on something they know, not wild speculation on things they know nothing about thinking that no one will remember to call them on it when reality makes them look bad. But I am here to call these "bad-calls" at the time of the statements.
[/quote]
The reebok example would be a good one if Mark King didn't actually position Adams as a GI brand in his statement. How does Reebok actually compare as a brand against Adidas? 2nd rate?

Many Adams fans do not view their better player products as inferior to TM. In fact we think they are not only on par with TM but probably excel in design, technology, functionality and aesthetics.

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

[quote name='anth' timestamp='1332308388' post='4548380']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1332304439' post='4548194']

[/quote]
[/quote]
The reebok example would be a good one if Mark King didn't actually position Adams as a GI brand in his statement. How does Reebok actually compare as a brand against Adidas? 2nd rate?

Many Adams fans do not view their better player products as inferior to TM. In fact we think they are not only on par with TM but probably excel in design, technology, functionality and aesthetics.
[/quote]
Reebok left the golf business and generally has a different product and sports focus than before. I have never heard of anyone saying that Reebok is 2nd rate. Nor has TM said or inferred that Adams would be 2nd rate either. But its primary market focus will be different than TM as far as its growth potential. A big portion of their business has been in the combined Hybrid/irons sets. What people here don't understand is that followers of GolfWrx represent a very small portion of the golf buyers worldwide.
This is much bigger than domestic business. Most of the growth for Adams, that will pay for the price they paid, will come from overseas expansion and growth where they have very little business (Adams). Adidas will be key in marketing this brand around the world because they have the network set up and Adams lacked that as any smaller company would.
There will be some overlap between TM and Adams as there is with Adidias and Reebok (Shoes and athletic wear)and as with Adidas and Ashworth (sportswear). But there is different focus's with each also.
It isn't easy discussing business with people who know little about owning or running a business. But everyone thinks they do even though they never have done so. As a scratch player, I do own numerous Adams clubs (at least 30+). I think they have some nice stuff, but I also know that they make their money with the equipment made for the double digit hdcps. The bottom line is that it is about business.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Do you want to see if you can insult the posters in this thread for a third straight time by insinuating that we don't know what we're talking about?

Way to avoid the question too. I didn't ask you if Reebok was 2nd rate, I asked how they compared to Adidas as a brand? Which is the premium brand of the 2?

I can't think of one example in the golf industry where a larger brand purchased a smaller manufacturer and the "lesser" brand was better for it? Can you name one?

Most people are looking at the Callaway/Ben Hogan example, but I think the better example here is acushnet/titleist/cobra. How did that work our for cobra? Do you not thnk that acushnet had the best intentions when they purchased the brand?

Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Bridgestone Tour RX

All the business speculation in the world doesn't change the fact that TM will delegate Adams to a GI brand, Adams days as a viable players alternative are over and this upsets the tea pot on WRX as it should. As for Wall Street, there was a time in business when shareholders and CFO's didn't dictate the fate of companies, how's the latter been working out for us??? Just say NO too yes men, drink the coolaid while our country becomes marginalized...BB :busted2:

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='anth' timestamp='1332321279' post='4548650']
...but I think the better example here is acushnet/titleist/cobra. How did that work our for cobra? Do you not thnk that acushnet had the best intentions when they purchased the brand?
[/quote]

I would hope they had the best intentions, they paid $700M.

The statements made by the Adidas CEO and Adams being a GI clubmaker are puzzling and not a good start to the relationship IMHO. 40% of Adams money was from "player's clubs".

As a former long time shareholder, I was really pulling for UA. Take the business model Adams had, inject some leverage into the situation, maybe juice up those 6% returns, and throw some capital behind the marketing, and see where the company could go.

On the flip side, the statements about letting Adams stay in their own headquarters was nice. I don't remember when the lease ends though. Let's see who they hire for the CEO. I'm wondering what the "brain drain" will be at Adams. Chip is gone. I bet Tim Reed follows him to Cally. Hopefully, it's not severe.

[quote name='goondawg ' timestamp='1332245176' post='4541902']
[quote name='lukesmurf59' timestamp='1332199626' post='4538967']
[quote name='zakkozuchowski' timestamp='1332179039' post='4536655']
[b]King said that TaylorMade's voice is directed at players with handicaps between 0-4, such as serious amateurs, college players and professionals. There had been conversation at TaylorMade about releasing a senior line, but King said his company made the decision to keep marketing aimed at "the top of the pyramid."
[/b]

[/quote]

really mark? How many 0-4hcps are playing the Rocketballz? Quite honestly, most of the people I know who use a lot of TM equipment are all high double figures handicaps. Sure a few of my fellow low handicap friends play a club or two but hardly all the people I know who have a lot of their stuff are mid to high handicaps.The closest thing they have to players clubs are a few of their "tour tp" things and the MB and MC irons but 90% of their business is off high handicaps. They have the MB and MC iron, RocketBallz tour (tp) and R11s TP. 4 products in their line are directed at low handicaps. All their other clubs are game improvement. And their adds certainly aren't for the better player case in point "that's rocketballz!" and "irons, but with driver DNA!" Just look at the negative reviews their adds get on here from all the good players. If they're trying to sell to 4handicaps and below they are doing a terrible job. They destroy the high handicap market, you have to credit them, they are good at selling, but apparently not to the right people?Where are they getting that they market to professionals, serious amateurs and college players? I can't imagine the CEO actually thinks that. Are we sure that isn't a misquote? TM directed to single digit and scratch? Really?
[/quote]

That statement was puzzling to me too. When did TM become known as a players company? To me it seems their products are geared more to the average hack.
[/quote]

This confuses me too. When I think of all the better players at my club very few of them are playing TM clubs with the exception of drivers. I think I see more of a variety of other brands like Titleist, Mizuno, Nike, etc. in the bags of lower digit players. I see TM dominating the bags of weekend warriors and 15+ cappers more than any other brand by far. I'm in know way knocking TM equipment. This is just what i have observed.

[quote name='anth' timestamp='1332321279' post='4548650']
Do you want to see if you can insult the posters in this thread for a third straight time by insinuating that we don't know what we're talking about?

Way to avoid the question too. I didn't ask you if Reebok was 2nd rate, I asked how they compared to Adidas as a brand? Which is the premium brand of the 2?

I can't think of one example in the golf industry where a larger brand purchased a smaller manufacturer and the "lesser" brand was better for it? Can you name one?

Most people are looking at the Callaway/Ben Hogan example, but I think the better example here is acushnet/titleist/cobra. How did that work our for cobra? Do you not thnk that acushnet had the best intentions when they purchased the brand?
[/quote]

Maybe you should re-read my post. I laid out what TM's intentions are to build the brand and why it makes sense. The golf business is a small one and the uniqueness of it doesn't lend itself to a lot of comparisons. The Hogan deal was really about Top-Flite and Hogan was owned by them. The Cobra deal isn't good either because Cobra's club business dwarfed Titleist's club business by many times. Acushnet's biggest business is in balls, shoes and gloves and it was even a higher % when they bought Cobra. Wilson had the smaller Walter Hagen and it was treated as an equal. They co-existed for many, many years until Wilson was bought out.
I don't agree with the comments that TM is only for the low hdcps, but they have been more successful in the better players iron business than with the higher hdcps where Callaway dominates. TM has dominated the driver/wood business at all levels for some time now.
They want to position Adams to go after some of that Callaway iron business, because Callaway's irons have become very confusing with everything being Razr-something and having 6 or 7 different sets under that moniker. But as I have mentioned more than once. The international part of the business will be very important to the growth of Adams and Adidias is well positioned to make that happen. They are going to build the brand not throw it away! Because TMAG is not in the business of throwing away money. They are the biggest because they built their business, not because they "bought" it. Adams has the best upside of the smaller companies and at a price that it can make grow.
When posters here make statements of which they know nothing about, I won't apologize if they are insulted. They shouldn't insult TMAG by making statements that show how little they know about these companies and their business and the business of business.
I don't take issue with those who are sad to see change. And for that I respect the opinions. But first of all nothing will change for Adams in the near future because it can't. This deal won't close for many months. This years' direction is set and ongoing. There may not be much change next year with the designs and plans already in motion. Then after that we'll see. The other companies Adidas has acquired all still have most of their own identity and staff. I suspect Adams will also. But marketing will be an add to the company in a way that Adams is not familiar with.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1332206100' post='4539779']
[quote name='Anakinn' timestamp='1332200768' post='4539115']
I'm going against the grain here...... Adams will make TM better & TM will make Adams stronger!!!
[/quote]

I agree with you, I think that this will make both companies a lot better!
[/quote]
Really? Based on what?

I mean, all we know is he praised Adams for their women's and senior clubs and tried to position TMAG as the player's club of choice. I don't agree with any of that.

It would be a huge surprise if TMAG injected money and effort into building Adams into the brand that many here would want. But every acquisition we've seen shows that's never the case.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Maybe you should answer my questions rather than jumping around them? How's the Maxfli brand doing at TM by the way?

Doesn't matter, I've said my piece and there's no need to go on with it. I'm not going to change your mind because I can see that your TM admiration is getting in the way of us having an objective discussion about it.

Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Bridgestone Tour RX

[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1332360226' post='4551652']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1332206100' post='4539779']
[quote name='Anakinn' timestamp='1332200768' post='4539115']
I'm going against the grain here...... Adams will make TM better & TM will make Adams stronger!!!
[/quote]

I agree with you, I think that this will make both companies a lot better!
[/quote]
Really? Based on what?

I mean, all we know is he praised Adams for their women's and senior clubs and tried to position TMAG as the player's club of choice. I don't agree with any of that.

It would be a huge surprise if TMAG injected money and effort into building Adams into the brand that many here would want. But every acquisition we've seen shows that's never the case.
[/quote]
Really?? How about Reebok and Ashworth?? Adidias put money into those companies!

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1332364420' post='4552106']
Really?? How about Reebok and Ashworth?? Adidias put money into those companies!
[/quote]

You keep comparing these two, and these two only. What about the other deals that have led to a greatly watered down product or simple elimination? I would love for Adams to continue as is, but since it's being branded as a GI club by the CEO of TM there isn't much hope of it retaining any of it's players club profile.

Also your comparison are two shoe companies that span multiple markets (running, football, baseball, etc.) and are much more attributable to individual taste rather than performance. Golf innovation has come a long way in recent years and buy TM buying them they are in fact eliminating (or at least minimizing) their competition.

TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
[size=4]Scotty Cameron Golo[/size]

[quote name='anth' timestamp='1332360475' post='4551678']
Maybe you should answer my questions rather than jumping around them? How's the Maxfli brand doing at TM by the way?

Doesn't matter, I've said my piece and there's no need to go on with it. I'm not going to change your mind because I can see that your TM admiration is getting in the way of us having an objective discussion about it.
[/quote]

Was going to mention Maxfli. They were bought for their ball technology and soon disappeared. I love Taylormade and use their equipment and I hope that with input from Adams and vise versa, both brands can flourish. Adidas, Ashworth appear to be surviving together so far, although they have slightly different target buyers.

Ashworth is a mere shadow of their glory years in the mid 1990s. They are seriously outgunned by Puma, Adidas, Nike, Travis Matthews and several others.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[/quote]

Heh, we'll see I suppose. I hope you're right as I'd like to see what else the guys at Adams had up their sleeves but I'm not betting on it for the longterm.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

[quote name='CMUgol4' timestamp='1332365241' post='4552178']
[/quote]

You keep comparing these two, and these two only. What about the other deals that have led to a greatly watered down product or simple elimination? I would love for Adams to continue as is, but since it's being branded as a GI club by the CEO of TM there isn't much hope of it retaining any of it's players club profile.

Also your comparison are two shoe companies that span multiple markets (running, football, baseball, etc.) and are much more attributable to individual taste rather than performance. Golf innovation has come a long way in recent years and buy TM buying them they are in fact eliminating (or at least minimizing) their competition.
[/quote]

I am comparing these two because they are more recent acquisitions by Adidas the same company who bought Adams!! That's why I use them as examples. What examples do you have to the contrary? You can't compare other companies bought by other companies here. That is not relevant to Adidas! But if you are going to bring up unrelated companies, lets look at Srixon, a huge worldwide company involved in a lot areas of business, They bought Cleveland Golf, a smaller company. What did they do? oh yeah they expanded and grew the brand worldwide.
Now what?

Recent article about the performance of Reebok:

http://blogs.wsj.com/source/2012/03/07/is-reebok-getting-out-of-shape/

Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Bridgestone Tour RX

[quote name='Ronanraff' timestamp='1332371462' post='4552668']
[quote name='anth' timestamp='1332360475' post='4551678']

[/quote]

Was going to mention Maxfli. They were bought for their ball technology and soon disappeared. I love Taylormade and use their equipment and I hope that with input from Adams and vise versa, both brands can flourish. Adidas, Ashworth appear to be surviving together so far, although they have slightly different target buyers.
[/quote]

TaylorMade's purchase of Maxfli, I know quite a bit about. That purchase was primarily for ball patents and a facility set up to put themselves into the real ball business. It also brought them some key talent and mgmt (many of who are still with TM). Maxfli had some iron business but no woods. The big problem with Maxfli was that they didn't own the name Maxfli worldwide. In Asia (primarily Japan and Korea) the brand was owned by Sumitomo Rubber Company (aka Srixon). Japan alone is surprisingly huge business. Thus they couldn't market Maxfli worldwide and so everything had to be Taylormade (not related to TM's years earlier aborted effort to have balls contract manufactured by someone else). They used the Maxfli name in the beginning to develop a product that was ready to wide. Once they had it, the balls were presented as Taylormade. They sold Maxfli to Dicks Sporting Goods because their market is pretty much limited to the US. It was and is a good situation for both Dicks and TMAG.

[quote name='Dugan408' timestamp='1332396802' post='4555072']
Hopefully all of the Adams engineers resign from Taylormade when the sale is final and start their own company.
[/quote]
You might want to research where a lot of those engineers came from BEFORE they worked for Adams.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

The top ADAMS brand will be now a mass production cheap Taylor Made product ! It`s a shame. The next stepp is that you will see all the former adams staffer see in that ugly 3 stripes worker shirts and Frankenstein shoes. Sorry to say that, but here in Germany ADIDAS is the last trash !

Titleist TSR2 Driver 10*

Titleist TSI2 16.5*

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 20*

Titleist U510 4 iron

Titleist C16 Limited 5-GW

Titleist Vokey SM9 54° & 58°

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Special Select

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1332401230' post='4555166']
[quote name='Dugan408' timestamp='1332396802' post='4555072']
Hopefully all of the Adams engineers resign from Taylormade when the sale is final and start their own company.
[/quote]
You might want to research where a lot of those engineers came from BEFORE they worked for Adams.
[/quote]
Let me guess--the engineers came from Taylormade?