2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Push cart suggestions

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bro in law just got a Bagboy Quad. It came in today. He hasn't had a chance to play with it yet (playing tomorrow), but it looks awesome and seems to function pretty well. Has a lot of nice options. He bought it from RockBottomGolf for 169$ with free shipping, and received a 25$ gift card with the purchase. Might be worth a look.

You may want to look at [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/611635-c-130-pushcart/"]this[/url] thread also.

I have the Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1.

Pros:
No-maintenance wheels
Solid
Folds and unfolds quickly
Strapless
The bag doesn't move hroughout the round
Well-placed drink holder
Big-enough storage space (scorecard, pen, small snack)

Cons:
Takes space when folded

I recently purchased the bb quad as well. Looked hard at SM and CG. Why I chose the BB:

Easiest by FAR to fold and unfold. It is literally 2 very simple steps and takes 5 seconds. Best design in that regard.
Folds smaller or as small as the CG. SM isn't even close (if space is an issue for you)
Sturdy construction, aluminum tubing is not as thick as CG, but still very high quality
No maintenance wheels like all other models you are thinking about
Cheaper by at least 35 - 40%

The only gripes I have is I wish the area on top (in front of the handle where the scorecard clips in) was a bit larger. There is a nice zip compartment under, which serves
to hold balls, tees, etc. And if it was about 3 inches or so wider. The front tires roll about 1" from the sides of my bag at the bottom. But this is minor as my normal cart bag is fairly large. The other improvement would be to the bag strap. While it is stable and again very simple (velcro and tighten) it gets in the way of my very top pocket on my cart bag. Again, minor since other carts do this as well.

I did a lot of comparison shopping, and asking current pushcart users at my course for their opinions, and the Clicgear 3.0 was the hands down winner. I then searched around for the best deal, and ordered one Monday from Discount Dans, for $169.00, with no tax, and free shipping.

Cobra Fly-Z driver
Cobra Speed LD 3 wood
Adams LS 3 hybrid
TM Rocketbladez 4 - AW
Ping Tour 56
TM ATV 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

[quote name='amateur pro' timestamp='1332477029' post='4561160']
I recently purchased the bb quad as well. Looked hard at SM and CG. Why I chose the BB:

Easiest by FAR to fold and unfold. It is literally 2 very simple steps and takes 5 seconds. Best design in that regard.
Folds smaller or as small as the CG. SM isn't even close (if space is an issue for you)
Sturdy construction, aluminum tubing is not as thick as CG, but still very high quality
No maintenance wheels like all other models you are thinking about
Cheaper by at least 35 - 40%

The only gripes I have is I wish the area on top (in front of the handle where the scorecard clips in) was a bit larger. There is a nice zip compartment under, which serves
to hold balls, tees, etc. And if it was about 3 inches or so wider. The front tires roll about 1" from the sides of my bag at the bottom. But this is minor as my normal cart bag is fairly large. The other improvement would be to the bag strap. While it is stable and again very simple (velcro and tighten) it gets in the way of my very top pocket on my cart bag. Again, minor since other carts do this as well.
[/quote]

Went throughout this same search at the end of last year. I was a die hard for carrying and never wanted a push cart. Hurt my back exercising and tried one to take some strain off of it. I looked at all the carts and landed with the BB quad. Wasn't even on the radar initially...had my mind set on Clic Gear. The BB was way easier to fold/unfold plus the clubs sit just a little more upright. Great purchase. The SM Micro was ok but the Quad is way better with the larger wheels.

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X

Sun Mountain Micro cart with a Sun Mountain MCB Bag(made for this cart). No straps, folds up small,easy to setup,rolls well,drink holder convenient,umbrella holder can also accept a sky caddie holder, and customer service is excellent.
I have had mine for over 2 years and it continues to perform well. I walk so much that I am wearing the tread off the back tires(still roll great).

You can't go wrong with the clicgear. Proven design, and for $169 it'll pay itself off in saved cart fees in no time. The sun mountain micro cart was my other option but neither handle height worked well for me.

I've got maybe 200 rounds on my clicgear at my club, and that amounts to over $3k saved in cart fees. The only thing I've had to fix was a broken zip tie holding the brake line. I have added a few accessories..... sand bottle, rangefinder bag, and shoe brush.

I've rolled with an original design, Sun Mountain Speed Cart. Other than the brake cable breaking, I've had no issues on the course. But, and depending upon your vehicle, a possibly big but, it takes up alot of space. For that reason, and that reason alone, I'm considering going to a Clicgear 3.0

913D3 9.5*
913F 15*
915F 18*
913H 24*
712 AP2 5-PW
Vokey SM6 52*
Vokey SM4 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron Futura (2004)

Not sure where you are but theres a company in Australia called Under Par Golf and their cart arm "Smoothy" that makes push buggies and they are by far the best on the market. Clicgear dont even come close.. I use the Micro Suspension version when Im not carrying with the Ogio stand bag. Little bit more expensive but they are lighter, easier to push and have more features than any cart out there. Theres 5 or 6 different versions that meet nearly every price point too so depending on the features you want you can probably get one to suit what you want.

http://www.underpar.com.au/smoothy/

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='Beatupfender' timestamp='1333252407' post='4622623']
Love my Caddytek Caddylite 13.5 I bought for $99.99 from Costco online. It comes with an umbrella holder, a foot brake, a roomy storage area, etc. I comparison shopped them and could not justify the many extra dollars for a SM or Clic.
[/quote]

I have this one too and have no complaints going on a year on the course.

D- Callaway Rogue AD-DI
5W-Nike VR Pro LE Proforce V2
4H- Titleist 815 24* Proforce V2
I- Titleist 714 CB/MB combo/PING ANSR Forged 
W- Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
P- Bettinardi Studio Stock 12

Stitch SL1 green

Love my Caddytek Caddylite 13.5 I bought for $99.99 from Costco online. It comes with an umbrella holder, a foot brake, a roomy storage area, etc. I comparison shopped them and could not justify the many extra dollars for a SM or Clic.
[/quote]
I really liked the Clicgear, but thought it was a little too pricey so i went with the CaddyTek and love it! I bought mine for $99 off of TGW.com.
[url="http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127"]
[/url][url="http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127"]http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127[/url]

Cobra F6 w/ Whiteboard
XR16 5 wood
TaylorMade Jetspeed 3, 4, 5 hybrid
Steelhead XR 6-PW
Ping Glide 50* and 55*
Mack Daddy3 58*
Scotty Cameron Monterey

• 2 weeks later...

I have a clicgear and would buy it again. However, if you're asking if it's definitively a lot BETTER than other carts, it's not. All the top quality ones out there are about the same and will roll just fine and with ease. Out of the two options you mentioned, clicgear or the microcart, you have to ask yourself what is important to you. The microcart's main advantage is that it folds up small, light, and most importantly, FLAT. This is huge when you try to put things into the trunk. The clicgear folds up fairly small too but because it's not flat like the microcart, you won't be able to put things in as nicely into your trunk. If the clicgear is acceptable in size, then you have many many more options and accessories that you can add on to make your golfing trip a lot more enjoyable. After all, you want a cart to make your round easier and more convenient. Accessores fits nicer on the clicgear simply because there is more room, more room for clip attachments, etc.

If you are on a budget, there are alot of other brands that will do the job just as well and you may just want to get whatever you can get on sale. Just make sure it has the features you want. Name the features and see if you can get by with that cart. A suggestion might be things like:

- Brake. Some only have a footbrake (which I hate), some only have a handbrake (which I find to be sufficient), some have both
- Cup Holder. What kind of beverages do you like? Do you need a cooler for your beer? Do you just like to carry a BIG water bottle? Does the cart you have fit that size liquid container. If not, are you able to get what you want via an accessory?
- GPS/Rangefinder. Any room for those if you use them? Any options that are nicer?
- Umbrella. Do they have an umbrella attachment if your bag doesn't have one? Does your design of your bag with umbrella fit nicely on the cart?
- Cool Accessories. They may include seat attachment, mitts for cold weather play, and ohter cool stuff

Hope that helps.

[quote name='PhillyMac' timestamp='1333454023' post='4637221']
[/quote]
I really liked the Clicgear, but thought it was a little too pricey so i went with the CaddyTek and love it! I bought mine for $99 off of TGW.com.
[url="http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127"]
[/url][url="http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127"]http://www.tgw.com/c...53/refScid/1127[/url]
[/quote]

Just bought the 15.2 as well, for $99 from TGW. Seems like the best alternative to the Clicgear 3.0.

• 2 months later...

I use a tour trek I got for 100 from GS, best decision I have made! No maintenance, easy setup breakdown, and the price won't kill you. I've used it for about 8 months over about 45 rounds, and no complaints yet.

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1525460-docs-trouble-makers-part-deux/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 months later...

As mentioned above, if you are replacing riding with a pushcart, absolutely forget about the price and get the best you can afford. Bought mine when I was playing the $25/rd cart fee golf out in the Monterey, CA area. Thought about going economical, then realized that after 8 rounds the cart would be "free" so I went CG 3.0. 50+ rounds later and I could throw this thing in the trash and not lose a second of sleep. Also, if you get to walk now over ride, you're also getting the added health benefit which you can't put a price on.

For quality though, I would argue that the CG folds smaller, has better on cart storage, a bigger scorecard area, and more accessories for extra purchase $$. However, if you have to align it, it is a PITA, and the CG doesn't fit as many bags as well as some of the other carts. Best to take your bag or load the store bags on there to get a feel.

Do you guys have Stewart carts available in USA? I recently purchased the Stewart Z3 push trolley and its amazing, I went to buy a clicgear 3.0 but after comparing the Stewart to it it beat it hands down, the clicgear is far more awkward to put up and down and my carry bag fits it perfectly. I see very few mentions of Stewart gear here and as they are a UK company they might not be available in the USA, a real shame if its not.

[quote name='Moor' timestamp='1349278899' post='5744187']
Do you guys have Stewart carts available in USA? I recently purchased the Stewart Z3 push trolley and its amazing, I went to buy a clicgear 3.0 but after comparing the Stewart to it it beat it hands down, the clicgear is far more awkward to put up and down and my carry bag fits it perfectly. I see very few mentions of Stewart gear here and as they are a UK company they might not be available in the USA, a real shame if its not.
[/quote]

Still have and use my SM SC V1 on specific occations. Bought a Z3 last year b/c of the no-wheel maintenance and fold down/size/weight (if that justifies $250). It has been out at least 175 games so far. Like very much the bungy cord bag holders. Dislike the foot brake but, I can live with it. Here's my biggest peeve: It doesn't have an umbrella carrier and, the holder on the handle is cheap and fragile (it has broken off on my two buddies' Z3. They had to replace it with a universal aftermarket holder) :censored2: ! If the weather channel predicts a greater than 70% chance of rain, the SunMountain comes out! :superman2: For THAT reason, not worth the expense IMO. If and when, the next one will be an ULTIMAXX U4-GT from [url="http://www.oneworldgolf.com"]www.oneworldgolf.com[/url] (10 year warranty) or a CG unless SM comes out with something worth e-v-e-r-y single penny!

EDIT: It may be a UK company but, it's still made in CHINA! (Like all others, I believe.)

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)