2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

unwarranted negative feedback

geaux.golf

ok i am posting this only because i was told this is what i needed to do. i am fairly new to the site and have had a few great transactions with some well groomed and seasoned members, and things have went 100 percent smooth. however i have been left what i consider to be unwarranted negative feedback from a member over a trade that never happened.

i answered to the members wtb ad for a 3 wood shaft and he seemed interested in it even though it wasnt exactly what he wanted. we went back and forth on the pm system as stated in the negative feedback, although he also says communication was poor. somehow back and forth communication does seem to warrant poor communication. i told him i would also be interested in trade for the shaft for new golf balls. he responded telling me what he had and though it wasnt 100 percent what made me happy as far as a trade i thought ok the shaft is just laying here so what the heck. well after a few minutes of thought i sent him back a pm saying lets hold off on the trade. the hold off pm was in reasonable time and there is no way he can say otherwise. i am sure i am not the only person who has ever changed their mind on a deal that wasnt really in their favor.

well i recieve a negative feedback from the member saying i had poor communication, only after the sentence right before says we went back and forth via pms, somehow these two statements dont match up because back and forth to me doesnt sound like poor communication.

i reported the feedback to mods with explination in hopes of having them see it was unjustified, but was told to post here. i feel this is exactly what i was trying to avoid via the report i sent them telling them i didnt want to get into a pissing match with the other member. so here it is the pissing match seems to have started.

I COULD GO AND LEAVE NEGATIVE TO HIM AS WELL BUT 2 WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT.........

THIS IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO AVOID BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ITS WHAT THE MODS WANT .......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"i thought ok the shaft is just laying here so what the heck."

Thinking "what the heck" is not the same as communicating acceptance of an offer. Did you, at any point in time, indicate that you had a deal? IMO, once you make a deal, you need to honor it even if you change your mind "in reasonable time". To me, offer and acceptance on the BST is enough to make a deal a done deal.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1333467871' post='4638949']

Thinking "what the heck" is not the same as communicating acceptance of an offer. Did you, at any point in time, indicate that you had a deal? IMO, once you make a deal, you need to honor it even if you change your mind "in reasonable time". To me, offer and acceptance on the BST is enough to make a deal a done deal.
[/quote]

If you really wanted to get technical, the cooling off period could apply here as well. Depending on if your state recognizes it. Call it buyers remorse, but technically, there is no sale/trade until there is a transfer of goods from one party to another.

I know for a fact that DrPino has said a few times now that unless goods/money were exchanged then no feedback can be left...so I dont understand why this mod won't delete the feedback?

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

It depends on what "reasonable" time is. Was it three minutes later? 10? An hour? I think Someone should lean toward not putting negative feedback for something like this unless it is eggregious. People change their minds, it happens a lot and just because you're upset you didn't get a *great* deal doesn't mean you should hit someone with negative feedback. It isn't like goods exchanged hands and THEN he asked for it back. But I'd need more info to be sure, if the op waited two days and then called it off that's not cool either.

[quote name='Aithos' timestamp='1333469217' post='4639299']
It depends on what "reasonable" time is. Was it three minutes later? 10? An hour? I think Someone should lean toward not putting negative feedback for something like this unless it is eggregious. People change their minds, it happens a lot and just because you're upset you didn't get a *great* deal doesn't mean you should hit someone with negative feedback. It isn't like goods exchanged hands and THEN he asked for it back. But I'd need more info to be sure, if the op waited two days and then called it off that's not cool either.
[/quote]

if i remeber correctly the follow up pm was within 15 to 20 minutes of course i am getting a bit old but pretty sure it fell in that time range ....... i deleted the pm after he sent a derogatory pm back.

but also the negative feedback says i had poor communication and as stated in the feedback left we went back and forth so how is that poor communication

[quote name='Stinger82' timestamp='1333469820' post='4639413']
did you click the report button next to the negative feedback? If not I would try that and see if that helps get it removed
[/quote]

yes i did send the report and actually did it twice and yet still i have had no response...... after no response since yesterday i went ahead and sent a pm to a mod and his response was to post here in deal or no deal.

With no transaction, how can negative feedback be left. I once had a member here pay pal me for clubs and an hour later he pm'ed me and asked if I would refund the money because he found another set on the BST that he wanted more. It really wasn't a big deal to me, so I refunded him the money. To me, this was a no feedback situation as well. Hopefully the mods remove the feedback, because I have had numerous deals "fall apart" after someone has agreed on my price. People now days certainlly feel entitled.

Wishon 919 THI 9* Talamonti PD 70X
Wishon 949 MC 14* Talamonti PD 80X
Taylormade 2011 18 Rescue NVS 90x Hybrid
Wishon 575MMC 3-PW GD X100 SSX1
Titleist SM4 52 amd 56* GD wedge flex
Never Compormise GM2 Exchange #5
WITB Link

[quote name='stg113' timestamp='1333471582' post='4639727']
With no transaction, how can negative feedback be left. I once had a member here pay pal me for clubs and an hour later he pm'ed me and asked if I would refund the money because he found another set on the BST that he wanted more. It really wasn't a big deal to me, so I refunded him the money. To me, this was a no feedback situation as well. Hopefully the mods remove the feedback, because I have had numerous deals "fall apart" after someone has agreed on my price. People now days certainlly feel entitled.

[/quote]

i agree 100 percent ........ not sure why it hasnt been deleted yet or why it even had to get this far...... the last thing i wanted to to was get into a pissing match over bs feedback ....

I just checked the member who left you feedback. Only been a member since 3-7-12, 10 posts and has zero feedback. Obviously not accustomed to using the BST. MODS- you really should remove the feedback

Wishon 919 THI 9* Talamonti PD 70X
Wishon 949 MC 14* Talamonti PD 80X
Taylormade 2011 18 Rescue NVS 90x Hybrid
Wishon 575MMC 3-PW GD X100 SSX1
Titleist SM4 52 amd 56* GD wedge flex
Never Compormise GM2 Exchange #5
WITB Link

[quote name='itsernst' timestamp='1333468194' post='4639047']

[/quote]

If you really wanted to get technical, the cooling off period could apply here as well. Depending on if your state recognizes it. Call it buyers remorse, but technically, there is no sale/trade until there is a transfer of goods from one party to another.
[/quote]

I wasn't usng those terms in the legal context...to me, if you agree to a deal, you have a deal.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='stg113' timestamp='1333472272' post='4639843']
I just checked the member who left you feedback. Only been a member since 3-7-12, 10 posts and has zero feedback. Obviously not accustomed to using the BST. MODS- you really should remove the feedback

[/quote]

I agree, the mod should remove the feedback

Driver - Titleist TSR3
Hybrid - Ping G430  
Irons - Titleist T 150 - MMT 125
Wedges - SM9 50,54,60
Putter - Scotty NP2

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1333473518' post='4640059']
[quote name='itsernst' timestamp='1333468194' post='4639047']

[/quote]

[/quote][b]

I wasn't usng those terms in the legal context...to me, if you agree to a deal, you have a deal.[/b]
[/quote]

Not saying you were. I do agree that there is a certain moral principle that if you agree to a deal, its a deal, but can't really force someone to do it if nothing has been exchanged.

[quote name='ashleybz2012' timestamp='1333469681' post='4639377']
[quote name='Aithos' timestamp='1333469217' post='4639299']
[/quote]

if i remeber correctly the follow up pm was within 15 to 20 minutes of course i am getting a bit old but pretty sure it fell in that time range ....... i deleted the pm after he sent a derogatory pm back.

but also the negative feedback says i had poor communication and as stated in the feedback left we went back and forth so how is that poor communication
[/quote]

Poor communication doesn't necessarily mean lack of back and forth. If you were back and forth on what you wanted in trade (changing your mind), or if you really even wanted to get rid of the shaft I would consider that poor communication.

I agree no feedback should have been left... but if you could not/would not make up your mind on the deal, I might be a little perturbed as well.

that is correct no feedback should have been left .......... there was no trouble making up my mind in the back and forth, only confussion was him stating what he was offering new balls..... used balls ........ 2 sleeves ...... 3 sleeves ......... some new some used .......... i changed my mind within minutes because i didnt want what he was offering cause it wasnt a good deal for me....

ok lets talk about poor communication....... i found this pm on my email i am gonna type it just like it reads....

I didnt write my last statement very clearly. i have one sleeve provx, i sleeve penta tp. then i have some used ones. i will have to make sure and confirm the deal tomorrow to see what brand they are and the condition, but they are better top level balls. i dont want to say something now and then have to change later.

after i received this pm is when i said lets just hold off on the trade .... i am not wrong nor was i confused about anything i said.... period .... feedback should not have been left, but it was .... and i feel it should be deleted but yet it still hasnt ....... and here we are in the whole pissing match thing i was trying to avoid from the get go by sending 2 reports on the feedback that was left ......

[quote name='1t2golf' timestamp='1333478065' post='4640815']
[size="3"][color="#006400"]Feedback has been removed. No transaction occurred, so feedback is not warranted.[/color]
[/size]
[/quote]

thanks very much for your time. can you please remove this thread, situation resolved, thanks to all who responded ....

[quote name='ashleybz2012' timestamp='1333477337' post='4640687']
ok lets talk about poor communication....... i found this pm on my email i am gonna type it just like it reads....

I didnt write my last statement very clearly. i have one sleeve provx, i sleeve penta tp. then i have some used ones. i will have to make sure and confirm the deal tomorrow to see what brand they are and the condition, but they are better top level balls. i dont want to say something now and then have to change later.

after i received this pm is when i said lets just hold off on the trade .... i am not wrong nor was i confused about anything i said.... period .... feedback should not have been left, but it was .... and i feel it should be deleted but yet it still hasnt ....... and here we are in the whole pissing match thing i was trying to avoid from the get go by sending 2 reports on the feedback that was left ......
[/quote]

sounds like there was no deal to begin with in the first place.