New 2012 Callaway UPRO MX+

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even with the software upgrade and the old mx...it seems faster. I should have my mx+ tomorrow or monday at the latest. Really do like the interface much better.. faster to enter score,putts etc.. only missing shot mark

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Can some one confirm this?

From what I can tell the new MX+ is just an MX with unlimited course downloads. There is no new hardware? Just the new V3.xxxx whatever....software that was released...

Thanks....

Titleist 917D 9*

Titleist 917F 15*
Titleist 917F 18*

Mizuno 223 4 iron thru GW

Mizuno 225 3 iron 

Mizuno T22 46*/52*/58*

Sik Pro Putter

Seemore Z Series Limited Edition Putter

Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid Tour

Ecco Golf Shoes

[quote name='pencilholder' timestamp='1338663977' post='5018078']
Thanks very much, inthefairway. Unfortunately no luck for me. Looks like a non MX+ weekend. Bummer.
[/quote]

Here's what I did to get my mx+ registered. Download the connector software first to your computer. During installation of the connector software it will instruct you to plug in your mx+ device via the USB cable. Then the final installation will take place. It's going to take a few minutes for this to happen so don't get impatient and unplug your device. After approximately 5 minutes to make sure that the entire installation has taken place, unplug your device, wait a few seconds and replug it back in. You should now automatically go to the uxplore page [website] where you can enter your personal information to completely register.

Anyone have an answer to my post three posts up?

Is there any new hardware in the MX+? Or just the MX w/ unlimited ProMode DLs....

Titleist 917D 9*

Titleist 917F 15*
Titleist 917F 18*

Mizuno 225 3 iron 

Mizuno T22 46*/52*/58*

Sik Pro Putter

Ecco Golf Shoes

[quote name='pasipple' timestamp='1338610679' post='5015880']
Can some one confirm this?

From what I can tell the new MX+ is just an MX with unlimited course downloads. There is no new hardware? Just the new V3.xxxx whatever....software that was released...

Thanks....
[/quote]
[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1338733958' post='5021352']
Thank you. That comes in handy when going on vacation and a course change is in order and no pc for a download. Been there, done that. Basic beats nothing.
[/quote]

Ummmmm....

My MX updated to the latest V3.0.002 still says MX?

I'm not seeing any indication on the uPro MX+ website that the hardware is improved and with the confirmation from mched...thanks for sharing...so the software is all that's new.

Glad to hear that...because I'm one of the few that stuck with the MX thru the recall...and a new unit with new hardware would have just pissed me off. It's been a year since the launch of the MX and the V3 software is really the only significant improvement I've seen. I was regretting keeping the MX but with the new software I'm back to believing. I was an original uPro owner from day one...so I've been seeing this through.

Callaway finally released an updated sync that runs on a Mac w/ the latest OS...so that was a major...major...improvement for me. I can throw my old PC laptop in the closet where it belongs. Updating the sync for Mac was a LONG time in coming.

Going to use the MX+ for the first time Sunday...so my fingers are crossed...I'm hopeful.

EDIT: After updating the MX to the latest software my unit does show MX+....

Titleist 917D 9*

Titleist 917F 15*
Titleist 917F 18*

Mizuno 225 3 iron 

Mizuno T22 46*/52*/58*

Sik Pro Putter

Ecco Golf Shoes

Just picked mine up last night. Going to use it today for the first time. Next up, shopping for accessories.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Do you need to upload all courses or are basic mode courses already preloaded?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Thank you. That comes in handy when going on vacation and a course change is in order and no pc for a download. Been there, done that. Basic beats nothing.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I actually use it in basic mode most of the time. Front, center, and back of green is all I need at courses I regularly play at.

If I'm at a course I've never played at then I'll utilize the ProMode and AnyPoint to measure distances off of tee boxes, distances to doglegs, etc.

The flyovers are great too, if you are unfamiliar with the course layout.

I did notice last night in Preview Mode that the MX+ is a lot faster. So, utilizing it in Basic Mode then the ocasional ProMode to measure a distance is very convenient now. Using the lower button on the side to scroll between modes is very fast...so I can see myself using ProMode more now.

Titleist 917D 9*

Titleist 917F 15*
Titleist 917F 18*

Mizuno 225 3 iron 

Mizuno T22 46*/52*/58*

Sik Pro Putter

Ecco Golf Shoes

[quote name='pasipple' timestamp='1338739077' post='5021688']
I actually use it in basic mode most of the time. Front, center, and back of green is all I need at courses I regularly play at.

If I'm at a course I've never played at then I'll utilize the ProMode and AnyPoint to measure distances off of tee boxes, distances to doglegs, etc.

[/quote]

This ^^^ is exactly how I use it as well. That and a laser as well. Although, I stuck with the original uPro, I tried the MX+ but just didn't see enough to justify the upgrade.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I used my new mx+ for the first time today and here are my issues:

1. I ABSOLUTELY HATE that it quickly goes into sleep mode after only a short time. I had to press the power button each time just to wake it up and then watch it re-establish a satellite connection for yardage. I know this because I saw the cursor spinning each time I woke it up. Callaway needs to address this problem without delay because it gets very old fast.

2. Pro mode was not very visible. It was hard to see. Also, if you need reading glasses, do NOT buy this gps device. You won't be happy. Basic mode numbers were easy to read though. But it is only a basic front, middle and back.

3. I was planning to sell my Garmin Approach G5. Glad that I didn't because it is a much better unit IMHO. The entire hole is somewhat cartoonish but at least it shows the whole hole and the hazards on one screen without having to scroll the touch screen. Also, the screen is 3 inches instead of 2.2 on the mx+. Plus I like the ability to use recharegable AA batteries instead of recharging via an outlet.

[quote name='inthefairway' timestamp='1338587069' post='5013852']
[quote name='The GreekGrind' timestamp='1338582492' post='5013450']
I'm buying this; I can't hold off anymore. Will throw out a review with some pictures when I get it.
[/quote]

I don't blame you because it's quite the unit and I really enjoy mine.
[/quote]

inthefairway I should have it this week. Can't wait. Glad you like yours.

I also made another decision that's been agonizing. D

river. i20 or Fit.

I went with the Fit, 8.5 AD-DI 7X. I'm going to make another video with my buddy ... we're going to video my swing on the first tee at Manakiki (this Friday or Sunday); it will be the first time I hit the driver, no warm ups or range sessions, and see how I hit it, and then GPS my distance.

Shank it, pull it, slice it, block it, push it, or crush it, doesn't matter; my inauguaral swing with the Fit is being filmed and the uPro MX+ to confirm my pride of humiliation. I'll go on record now and say I'll get 277 with it, little left, in fairway.

I'll also get a round review of them both as we go on.

Glad to see most people liking the MX+.

[quote name='The GreekGrind' timestamp='1338779612' post='5025830']
I'm buying this; I can't hold off anymore. Will throw out a review with some pictures when I get it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

inthefairway I should have it this week. Can't wait.

Also made another decision that's been agonizing. Driver. i20 or Fit. I went with the Fit, 8.5 AD-DI 7X. I'm going to make another video with my buddy ... we're going to video me on the first tee at Manakiki (this Friday or Sunday) first time I hit the driver, no warm ups or range sessions, and see how I hit it, and then GPS my distance. I

If I shake it pull it slice it block it push it or crush it, doesn't matter; my inauguaral swing with the Fit is being filmed and the uPro MX+ to confirm the distance. I'll also get a round review of them both as we go on.

[/quote]

You won't be able to measure the drive with an MX+....distance measurement is currently not included in the v3.0.002 software.

Titleist 917D 9*

Titleist 917F 15*
Titleist 917F 18*

Mizuno 225 3 iron 

Mizuno T22 46*/52*/58*

Sik Pro Putter

Ecco Golf Shoes

[quote name='The GreekGrind' timestamp='1338779612' post='5025830']
[/quote]

[/quote]

inthefairway I should have it this week. Can't wait. Glad you like yours.

I also made another decision that's been agonizing. D

river. i20 or Fit.

I went with the Fit, 8.5 AD-DI 7X. I'm going to make another video with my buddy ... we're going to video my swing on the first tee at Manakiki (this Friday or Sunday); it will be the first time I hit the driver, no warm ups or range sessions, and see how I hit it, and then GPS my distance.

Shank it, pull it, slice it, block it, push it, or crush it, doesn't matter; my inauguaral swing with the Fit is being filmed and the uPro MX+ to confirm my pride of humiliation. I'll go on record now and say I'll get 277 with it, little left, in fairway.

I'll also get a round review of them both as we go on.

[/quote]
Super to see someone else getting excited buying golf stuff besides me!!!!!! I share your excitement and sounds like you have some great plans!!!!! Hit it long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='chas521' timestamp='1338763059' post='5024092']

1. I ABSOLUTELY HATE that it quickly goes into sleep mode after only a short time. I had to press the power button each time just to wake it up and then watch it re-establish a satellite connection for yardage. I know this because I saw the cursor spinning each time I woke it up. Callaway needs to address this problem without delay because it gets very old fast.

2. Pro mode was not very visible. It was hard to see. Also, if you need reading glasses, do NOT buy this gps device. You won't be happy. Basic mode numbers were easy to read though. But it is only a basic front, middle and back.

3. I was planning to sell my Garmin Approach G5. Glad that I didn't because it is a much better unit IMHO. The entire hole is somewhat cartoonish but at least it shows the whole hole and the hazards on one screen without having to scroll the touch screen. Also, the screen is 3 inches instead of 2.2 on the mx+. Plus I like the ability to use recharegable AA batteries instead of recharging via an outlet.
[/quote]

1- You can change the power use setting under the "Settings" menu. This changes the amount of time it is in sleep mode.
2 - You can chage the font size in the menu titled "Settings". I wear reading glasses and have no issues with the larger font.
3 - Sorry, you cannot change the screen size in the Settings menu. Personally I like the small screen - much easier to carry in my pocket than something with a larger screen. But I can understand that people may want units with larger screens.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1338808846' post='5026898']
[quote name='chas521' timestamp='1338763059' post='5024092']

[/quote]

1- You can change the power use setting under the "Settings" menu. This changes the amount of time it is in sleep mode.
2 - You can chage the font size in the menu titled "Settings". I wear reading glasses and have no issues with the larger font.
3 - Sorry, you cannot change the screen size in the Settings menu. Personally I like the small screen - much easier to carry in my pocket than something with a larger screen. But I can understand that people may want units with larger screens.
[/quote]

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with your opinions.

1. Already changed it to the different settings but it does not change the fact that it ALWAYS goes into sleep mode whatever setting it is. Even Callaway confirmed that. You cannot turn sleep off. The Garmin never goes to sleep and the batteries are fine for two rounds.

2. My font is already on the maximum setting and you still have trouble seeing it. And it's not because of the reading glasses. I used it on Bethpage [a major course] and the pro mode visual was tough to see and read. It was not as good as the advertisement.

3. The screen size is what the screen size is - you're correct there, Garmin Approach screen size is 3 inches. The overall size [length vs. width] is the same - I measured them. The only difference is that Garmin is slightly thicker than the mx+ because it uses AA batteries instead of a rechargeable outlet.

No! I do not work for Garmin. I'm just expressing my views.

Well the fact that you *can* change the settings is not an opinion :) But it sounds like you still dont like the results.

My opinion on the sleep mode is that it is an absolute necessity. If it constantly stayed on and locked in you would probably burn through the battery in 8 holes. Then we would have a whole ton of complaints here about the battery life. I can play a round now and still have @ 60% battery left.

My opinion on the ProMode visuals is that it depends on the course. I have only had one that I would consider less than perfect. And even then me, I much prefer it to the Garmins. Way too cartoonish for me.

IMO both are extremely good devices.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Just picked up a new mx+ this past weekend. This unit is not what I expected.

After one round:

The Good:[list]
[*]Distance – it was fine. I checked it with my old GolfLogix and it was within a yard or so.
[*]Features – the buttons are easy to switch from mode to mode.-
[*]Visual – easy to read.
[/list]
The BAD![list]
[*]I did not know that it was going to go to sleep every 30 seconds. I was in a riding cart and had to constantly reach over to wake it up. This is a pain in the rear. My other GPS units never went to sleep.
[*]I understand that if you purchase the protective "skin", it covers up the side buttons.
[*]If you purchase the extended battery, then it will not fit into the skin or the belt clip.
[/list]
Conclusion:[list]
[*]I am planning on selling this unit (even at a loss) to get rid of it.
[/list]

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

[quote name='pasipple' timestamp='1338779987' post='5025870']
You won't be able to measure the drive with an MX+....distance measurement is currently not included in the v3.0.002 software.
[/quote]

Sure hope they include this in the immediate future. Not sure what they meant by "cumbersome" having not used in in the past, but here's their answer to why it wasn't included, but also a reply saying it will be incorporated with an upcoming software update/release:

[i]"We found that the shot [i]tracking[/i] feature was largely unused by the majority of our golfers, and that those who did use it found the experience to be a bit cumbersome. While this feature has the potential to be very useful, we have decided to remove it and plan to replace it with a redesigned solution in an upcoming software release."[/i]