What have you done on the course thats most embarrassing?

golftide

I had a high ankle last summer, occurred during pick up soccer, which left my right ankle severely swollen for quite a few weeks. I finally got back onto the golf course, a couple of weeks after the injury. I hit a poor 4 iron into a par 5, and hit the cart tire with the toe end of the club, only for it to bounce right off the tire and hit my toe first in my swollen ankle. I nearly cried...

One morning i was playing and took a mighty swing on a par 4 to get it out there and shat my pants. I wanted to die! I went into woods and cleaned my self off with the towel i didn't like and left undies and towel hanging on a tree. Played free balling the last 12 holes. but didn't live that down for a long time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='sheppy335' timestamp='1340818673' post='5178364']
One morning i was playing and took a mighty swing on a par 4 to get it out there and shat my pants. I wanted to die! I went into woods and cleaned my self off with the towel i didn't like and left undies and towel hanging on a tree. Played free balling the last 12 holes. but didn't live that down for a long time!
[/quote]

Beats the guy who took a dump in the woods by far!

[quote name='Lamo70' timestamp='1340774656' post='5175598']
I went #2 in the woods off the side of the fairway. Couldn't hold it any longer.
[/quote]

My friend pooped his pants when a rattle snake crawled right over his golf club as he was addressing his ball to make a shot.

If it had happened to me..I would have probably peed myself too.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[/quote]

OMG I just spit water all over my screens. Hysterical!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='theslflash689' timestamp='1340819662' post='5178474']
Not on the course, but at the range. The new superfast just came out and I was demoing it. The face was black as well as the crown. I accidentally grabbed a left handed club (I'm a righty) and wondered why a good swing was a duff 100 yards... nuff said..
[/quote]

You're joking right?

[quote name='tbarlow11' timestamp='1340819305' post='5178440']
[/quote]

Beats the guy who took a dump in the woods by far!
[/quote]
Sounds like I've been " de-throned" , lol !!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='RRFireblade' timestamp='1340815395' post='5177978']
Kid: Flipped a golf cart into a Bunker. Clubs everywhere.

Little older : Hit the coach in the thigh with an errand tee shot during tryouts.

Most recent : Complete forgot my playing clothes, left my bag sitting on the counter in the garage. Long drive, showed up with nothing but shorts and a tank top. Had to buy everythjng at the (way overpriced) proshop, due to funds ended up in all mismatched (color, fit and gender) clearance clothing. Looked like a cross dressing Ronald McDonald but not as attractive. ;)
[/quote]

THIS.....THIS IS EPIC....
IM LAUGHING AT THE GENDER COMMENT....YOU WIN

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

As a teen we were playing in a 9 hole capts choice where the pro picks the teams. My dad and I got paired with another father and his smoking hot daughter (who I'd always had a thing for). During one of my backswings a ripped a cannon shot of a fart and completely whiffed the ball on the way back through. Only way it could have been worse is if' I'd sharted.

• Haha 2

Not really embarrassed by it but once I was playing with one of my best friends for money and had a 6 iron approach on the 9th hole while my friend was sitting in the cart. Perfectly timed at the top of my backswing, he let a 2-second fart rip, and because he was sitting in the cart it was extra loud. I started cracking up hysterically on the downswing and proceeded to gouge a divot about 3 feet long and 4 inches deep. Both of us were dying laughing for about five minutes, and I took a mulligan.

But generally the most embarrassed I've ever been was simply due to me playing very badly.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

I went #2 in the woods off the side of the fairway. Couldn't hold it any longer.
[/quote]

i did the same thing. however , i ripped off the towels from the ball cleaner to wipe. i never made the woods either. about 15 paces of the 12th green. oh well. ya got ta do what ya gotta do sometimes. :stink:

[quote name='scooterush' timestamp='1340830193' post='5179490']
[/quote]

i did the same thing. however , i ripped off the towels from the ball cleaner to wipe. i never made the woods either. about 15 paces of the 12th green. oh well. ya got ta do what ya gotta do sometimes. :stink:
[/quote]

Always wondered why those towels sometimes just disappeared

You guys remember the days before the oversized drivers? They were smaller than most 3 woods these days. Anyhow, I teed up my ball, and on my downswing I went completely under the ball causing it to go straight up in the air. Without even taking a step I had caught it. Very embarrassing to say the least! :swoon:
Another time, I hit a low lscreaming drive, I mean A LOW SCREAMING DRIVE and it hit the ladies tee marker and shot 20-30yds behind me!

Cobra F6 w/ Whiteboard
XR16 5 wood
TaylorMade Jetspeed 3, 4, 5 hybrid
Steelhead XR 6-PW
Ping Glide 50* and 55*
Mack Daddy3 58*
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Worst thing for me was playing with a couple of girls from a college team in a tournament to raise money for their team. Bent over to pick my ball out the hole while one of the girls was squatted down to place her ball at her ball mark right behind me and farted like a beast! All I could say was Oops, sorry. Felt like a dunce.

• Haha 1

Hit a drive right and into some trees. I was about 160 from the green and needed to hit punch and run to get it under the limbs of the tree but up to the hole. The hole was up hill so I thought it would fly about 100 yards and run the rest of the way. Took my 4 iron, swung 9 to 3 and caught it just right so the ball flew about 3 feet off the ground but rose along with the rise of the hill. I kid you not the ball stayed 3 feet off the ground all the way up the hill. I am praying it drops and hits e ground to slow it, but no right over the green, buzzed a group just past the hole and went right into the courses cart garage, and then ricocheted around the garage 5-6 times. The group looked back at me and gave me the stare down...

[quote name='DevilDog' timestamp='1340838233' post='5180158']
Worst thing for me was playing with a couple of girls from a college team in a tournament to raise money for their team. Bent over to pick my ball out the hole while one of the girls was squatted down to place her ball at her ball mark right behind me and farted like a beast! All I could say was Oops, sorry. Felt like a dunce.
[/quote]

[quote name='DevilDog' timestamp='1340838233' post='5180158']
[/quote]

The way u wrote that I thought the girl had farted for a second

I was waiting for the green to clear on a par 5 and let loose what I thought was gas and shat myself.
It was contained in the cheeks so I just shoved my towel down the back of my pants and cleaned up.
I tossed the towel on the floor of the golf cart. On the way to the next hole I tossed the towel into the woods.

We were on the next green when I see a cart from the group behind us driving towards us and the driver is waiving my stained towel at me and asking me.if it was mine. I thanked him and carefully took the towel back. Did not have the heart to tell him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

[quote name='fua1' timestamp='1340843490' post='5180570']
I was waiting for the green to clear on a par 5 and let loose what I thought was gas and shat myself.
It was contained in the cheeks so I just shoved my towel down the back of my pants and cleaned up.
I tossed the towel on the floor of the golf cart. On the way to the next hole I tossed the towel into the woods.

We were on the next green when I see a cart from the group behind us driving towards us and the driver is waiving my stained towel at me and asking me.if it was mine. I thanked him and carefully took the towel back. Did not have the heart to tell him.
[/quote]
Man, this is a good thread! I know you could have died when he brought your towel to you!

I can't top any of these, but did have something happen last year that a bud brought up the other day...laughing. I smacked a ball into a pine tree at close range that richotted back into the side of my knee. Dropped me like a rock! My buddy was laughing way before he asked if I was ok!

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

This one time I was playing with a friend of mine, we will call him Mark, because that's his name. Anyways, we get to the 14th hole and the cart girl starts driving up the path towards us. We decide to Jack Hamm a few and so I take a huge backswing, and then on the downswing let loose a monstrous POOOOOWWWWW! Unfortunately, this caused me to over-release(my bowels) and, thanks to the previous day's lunch buffet at Casa Bonita, a liquid stream of feces shot out of my shorts and hit Mark square in the chest. This propelled him backwards into the cart girls lap. Disgusted by what she just saw, she then vomited straight into Mark's face.

Little did we know that there was a group of golfers on the 13th hole who saw it all go down. After their vomiting ceased, they yelled over at us, "What the he** was that?!"

Mark, somehow still conscious, sat up and did a little half bow and said, "The Aristocats!"

That was the most embarrassing double bogey of my life.

Threw my ace at my stand bag breaking one of the legs, which only angered me further so I decided, in a blind rage, to lift up the bag using the remaining good leg and spin it around over my head until all the clubs were scattered across the 18th tee, total Homer Simpson moment.

I was, of course, alone at the time...

[quote name='Wknd_Warrior' timestamp='1340850237' post='5181356']
Threw my ace at my stand bag breaking one of the legs, which only angered me further so I decided, in a blind rage, to lift up the bag using the remaining good leg and spin it around over my head until all the clubs were scattered across the 18th tee, total Homer Simpson moment.

I was, of course, alone at the time...
[/quote]

I just died out laughing