Razr Fit users-What shaft are you using?

bjrapper

[quote name='lukesmurf59' timestamp='1341721264' post='5235584']
I've been thinking about one with the Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour spec but I can't justify another purchase right now so it will remain a mystery.Or maybe an Ahina but the tourpsec is my first choice.
[/quote]

Fantastic combo for me, Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour spec. I'm new to shaft tinkering, but this finally stopped my search. It feels smooth and puts the ball out there a long way with low spin.

16' M1 Fuji Pro TS 60x
915f 15* D+ 80x
915h 19* D+ 90x
Pro Black CB1 4-PW PX 6.0
RTX 3 50* S400
SM6 54*. 58* C Taper 120
Works Limited #7

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a Matrix Radix in mine and liked it much better than the stock shaft but switched to a Miyazaki White 56 and saw a noticeable improvement in trajectory/distance. Currently comparing it against an Ilima, which is also very solid. Not sure which one is going to win out but both are performing well.

Interesting. I have a Razr Fit the Fubuki Alpha stiff shaft and I think my spin rate is pretty good. On trackman, my spin rate averaged 2800 rpm with this combo. I demo'd several other high end shafts that just didn't work as well for me, including the GD Tour Ad DI. I have a natural low launch, so we chose the Fubuki to get my launch angle up to 13-14 degrees. The only other high launch low spin shaft that I know of is the AD DI. Several of the other shafts suggested by other people here are either low or mid launch shafts. If you don't need a high launch shaft, then the Fubuki alpha would be a bad fit for you. Just goes to show how different we all are.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSi3 9 degree driver with LAGP Trono 65 stiff shaft (experimenting with Autoflex shaft)
Titleist TSi2 15 degree fwy with LAGP Trono 75 stiff shaft
Ping G425 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8  stiff shaft
Srixon zx7 5-pw with Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts
TaylorMade MG3 50, 54, and 58 degree wedges with Steelfiber shafts
TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe

I am using an Aldila NV 65s (Green) shaft in mine and so far so good. I have been using this shaft now for 5 plus years and still love it. I have had two range sessions so far and so far so good. I am coming from Titleist 910 D3 with the same shaft and really like it also. I am getting a few yards more with the Razr Fit but its going to take some time before it knocks out the 910.

I alternate between Matrix Ozik X-con 6S and a Kai'li 60 S. Better trajectory with the Kai'li (more roll on the ground) higher launch with the Matrix.

I just cutted the stock aldila 1 inch just as an experiment and I must say that I'm thinking to cut also one of the others two shaft , but I'm not sure wich one of the two.....

Well I was popping the stock Stiff (45.5") high and right. Bought a Fubuki Alpha 60 (44.5) lost no distance and gained all fairway but still feel like the ball flight is a little high for me. I really get no roll out. I tried an Xcalibur shaft and while it was good for the price and kept the ball flight down, the distance wasn't much of a difference than the Fubuki and I just can't get over how sick the Fubuki looks on the Green TA head with green grip.

So I'm going to roll with Fubuki for a little bit now. Can someone recommend something that might fly a little lower than the Fubuki?

Just switched to this driver and am loving it so far with a Diamana 'ahina 70x. I purchased the weight kit and have it set in the square position with 10 grams in the toe and 6 grams in the heel - perfect power fade set up for me - I can aim down the left side of the fairway and know that it will not go left - this is the first driver that I trust won't go left in quite some time.

Ping G30 LST @ 9* / PX HZRDUS Yellow 76
Callaway 816 Alpha @ 15* / Speeder 757
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid / Kuro Kage Black 80
Titleist 718 (4-6 AP2 / 7-P CB) / PX LZ
Callaway MD Forged 50* / PX LZ
Callaway MD PM Grind 56* & 60* / DG S300
Ping Sigma G Tess
Titleist Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1342272350' post='5273600']
Anyone try, or have thoughts on, an original Diamana Blueboars in the Razr fit. Like everyone I want to get less whippy than the stock shaft Uand want to bring the launch down but not a ton.
[/quote]

I ordered a diamana blue R flex 3w shaft for my 11.5* head and love it. 43.5". I originally played the stock shaft in sr flex which was way too whippy. Since the 3w shaft is probably tipped the normal length diamana blue in reg flex would probably still feel whippy. You might want to go up a flex since the head is pretty heavy on the Fit.

Ping G425 Max 10.5*

Ping G425 SFT 5w

Exotics Trilogy 5h

Ping i200 5-GW

Cleveland CBX Full Face 56/60

Cobra Vintage Stingray 40

Handicap: 9.2

Just received mine with the Ust Vts Silver Spx....hoping for great things from this combo...

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

Razr Fit TA (9.5) with a Speeder 7.2 tour spec (stiff) is my low launch/low spin bomber (moved from an ahina 70g). Averaging between 2500-2800 spin & 13-14 on launch (I am typically a high spin/high launch hitter)...

Callaway Rogue SZ, Matrix TP6HDe
Callaway Rogue SZ, Accra Tour Z RPG
Callaway Rogue Ut, Graphite Design Tour AD DI
Callaway X Forged, DG TI S400
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged, DG TI S400
Gold's Factory Custom Putter, Seven Dreamers Proto Shaft

So, I now have three shafts to compare in my Razr Fit 10.5 degree driver. Unfortunately won't get a chance until next week.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSi3 9 degree driver with LAGP Trono 65 stiff shaft (experimenting with Autoflex shaft)

Sorry, here they are.

LEFT HANDED

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1344960540' post='5469756']
[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1344907991' post='5465888']
Sorry, here they are.
[/quote]
Lmk if you don't like that Devo!
[/quote]

Will do. I will probably sell the two shafts that work the least well. I will probably keep the Fubuki no matter what, as I have really hit that well this summer. Can't wait to try the other two. I was hoping to sneak out before leaving town tomorrow, but not sure if I will have time. If not, I will post next week when I get back.

LEFT HANDED

The shafts I have "tested":

Fubuki Tour 63 - X

Shaft feel is firm, not boardy but firm. Launch is decent, carry is good and roll out is better. Total distance probably comes in as the "longer" of the shafts I own thanks to the flatter trajectory. The head feels heavier with this shaft, so I drop the total weight from 14g (12g & 2g) to 12g (10g & 2g) to get the feel I am looking for while swinging.

AxviCore Tour Black 69g - X

Lively shaft feel, but not whippy. Launch is slightly higher, resulting in more carry distance, but roll out takes a hit in performance. Counter balance of the shaft allows me to keep the 14g stock weight (10g & 4g) and still maintain the feel I am looking for while swinging. I am gaming this shaft over the Fubuki for a couple of reasons. First and foremost is feel. I know that distance should be my target but with the swing I own, feel goes a long way into my confidence and the distance loss is minor if any (talking a few yards). The second is carry distance. I am plenty long enough for my game, so I like the ball flight and resulting carry distance increase from this shaft. I am also biased towards this shaft since I have been gaming for a few years in all my graphite shafted clubs.

One thing that disappoints me is the fact I had to have the Axivcore shaft made locally because Callaway only carries the "blue" shaft from this UST series and doesn't offer any in X. In today's market I think it is kinda shameful that OEMs limit shaft offerings even though they have accounts with all the major manufacturers. Thankfully, Callaway redeems themselves a bit by making the Fit Sleeves available without too much hassle. The local club fitter I used to assemble the shaft stocks them (shout out to Steve @ Chris Cote's Golf shop for an awesome job) and for a $100 shaft the performance is well worth the asking price.

The real star is the Razr Fit head. Coming from the Razr Hawk, the overall distance has improved slightly but thanks to the weight adjustments (bought the OptiFit Kit) and the face angle adjustments (bouncing between open and square depending on the day) I have found this driver much more forgiving. Misses are still bad, but not "as" bad (hey, it ain't magic). The head really shines over the RH with misses outside the sweetspot (contact on toe or heel), since the distance falloff is not a severe with the Fit.

So far I have had the following:
RIP 60X stock shaft ----awful noodle just ballooned even when it felt like I nailed it.
Diamana WB 73x I took out of my popped FT tour and put a fit tip on it. Totally different club than my beloved FT tour this originally was in. Played around with the head weights a lot and tried just about everything. Just too much spin and felt like a heavy dead club.
Diamana BB 83x--actually liked this combo but just couldnt get consistent with it. Its in the rotation for now but still not happy.
Motore Speeder VC 6.1x--feels great....had to lighten the head weight to get this shaft dialed in. Dispersion is wonderful but the ball just doesnt roll out much. Flies pretty far but just no real punch to me. In the head now but may be losing steam.

So far I feel like this club is a big mystery to me. My good ol FT tour that exploded was a standby. I knew what I was going to get. With this club I just dont have any confidence it is going to do what I think it should. So carries over bunkers and water.....just not in my wheelhouse as one day I nail it the next I feel like I caught it and it goes nowhere. So the search for the perfect shaft continues

So I just got out on the range and hit all three shafts shown above (Fubuki Alpha, Oban Devotion, and UST VTS Tour SPX), all stiff shafts, in the 60 gram weight range. Fubuki Alpha still leading the pack with best feel and best carry. The Devotion came in second. I don't know if new shafts need a few swings to break in, but after about 10-15 hits, I was able to feel the Devotion starting to load. Good feel, slightly lower trajectory, and better roll, but overall distance about the same. I was hoping for more from the VTS, but I found it boardy and had trouble getting a good feel for it. I need to get the Oban out on the course next week and see how it plays. I think I may sell the VTS without trying it any further. I figure why try and get used to it when other shafts feel better right away. Feeling better about my original decision to go with the Fubuki Alpha,
I have a used Miyazaki Kusala Blue coming next week and will keep you posted.

LEFT HANDED

fubuki alpha best I found.

Signature of Solon CC

Titleist tsi2 10.0 PX rdx black 6.0 
Titleist tsi2 16.5 kuro kage proto

Taylormade SIM 7 wood Ventus Blue 6
Ping g710 ust recoil 780 es 5-pw Ping g425 4 iron ust recoil 

PXG Sugar Daddy 50,56,61 Accra i80 tour 

L.A.B. Mezz proto with stability tour ltd black 34” or

Betti Inovai 5.0 DASS Skull & Bones T Hive proto 34”

Graphite Design Tour ad-di 7x tipped 1/2". My swing speed is 108 mph and this shaft works great for me in this head.

Callaway Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5* with Diamana ZF 60 Stiff untipped
Titleist TS1 15* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist TS1 18* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2”

Callaway TCB 4-AW with MMT 105 stiff soft stepped 1x

Callaway Jaws Forged C Grind 55, 60 with MMT 105 stiff scoring wedge
Lajosi DD201 Damascus long neck putter

Scotty Cameron Circle T Concept M2 Arm Lock 42”, 71.5, 6 loft

Pro V1 2021
Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

I had all kinds of hook problems with the stock 'stiff' shaft. Typically 'stiff' shafts fit me perfectly, but that thing played like a senior flex. I've never been to a launch monitor, so I have to judge everything by appearance on the range and course play. I just put in an 'ahina 70 S from a Callaway upcharge seller on eBay that I've only hit on the range so far. That shaft seems great, but that's the first 'exotic' (expensive) shaft I've ever played in a driver. I'm a straight ball flight player with all my irons, but I've definitely been a fade player with my driver and 3 wood. I've had some trouble dialing in this driver like most everyone else from what I've seen. I've tried a few different settings and have posted the results.
[list=1]
[*]Standard face angle 12g-toe 2g-heel - straight to bad fades
[*]Closed face angle 12g-toe 2g heel - straight to pulls
[*]Standard face angle 12g heel 2g toe - straight with mild draws and minimal fading.
[/list]
I'll be playing option 3 for now, but I've never played to a draw on the course or a draw biased driver for that matter. I don't really like the weights being set to help roll the face over, because now I'm worried about drawing if I aim down the left (old habits die hard). Or I may go play my first round ever teeing from the middle of the box and aiming down the middle.

I wish I had just bought the TA driver with the Project X 'stiff'. That most likely would have been perfect for me (with the 9 face angle adjustment and weight kit). I'll probably get a TA adapter and the weight kit in the very near future to dial this thing in. I'm pretty sure this driver has the ability to become the most accurate I've ever hit, and can't wait to get it all set.

Good luck everyone.