NOW THIS !!! IS HOW A CLEVELAND CLASSIC SHOULD LOOK

ROBOPTI

GANG ....

Trust me !!!!! - Get a Cleveland Classic and do THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD IS IT GOOD !!!!!!!! worthy.gif

cls1.jpg

cls2.jpg

cls3.jpg

cls4.jpg

party-smiley-020.gif***** STEEL SHAFTED BABY *****party-smiley-020.gif

Probably only you old to quasi-old farts will truly remember / appreciate this. But I thought

thinking2.gif ... "SELF - Why not"

Guys - This feels so good it's stupid. 1st - (I'll elaborate later) - The Classic IS !!!! the lowest spinning head I have ever hit PERIOD - and rediculously long .. I have 2 now. This is a 7.5 head pictured.

But gang .. I CANNOT stress enough how smooth this feels - it's CRAZY STABLE - and oh wow .. man ... its just works .. it does ... I LOVE IT !!!! .. I AM putting a steel shaft one of my ZLEs just to try. But man I can't get over what a killer combo this is

This is a 205 gram 7.5 head - and an X100 DGX shaft - tipped one inch - 43 3/4 inches. And it's MINE !!!

Yeah .. All the super-techno-carbon-woven-tri weave this-nano tube-litium infused-bionic bend point that-gi joe with the kung fu grip shafts are awesome ...

BUT I love steel !!!!! ... LOVE .... It just ooozes confidence on the tee box ... and it BOMBS !!!

thbananamac.gifgandalf.gifgandalf.gif

I am going to try a slightly higher loft in the EXACT same configuration.

OK ... Back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

help.giftv_horror.giftv_horror.gif

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

popcorn.gif

score008.gifhappy096.gifsFun_cheerleader.gif

[size=3][color=#696969][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]King LTD Pro 8.5* Rogue 60X[/font][/i][/font][/color][/size]
[color=#696969][size=3][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70[/font][/i][/size][/color]
[color=#696969][size=3][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* Motore Speeder 865X[/font][/i][/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#696969][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][i]Titleist 716 CB 4-PW DG AMT X100
SM6 52*08F, 56*10S, 60*04L S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser V-Line
Titleist Pro V1x[/i][/font][/font][/color][/size]

Love it! It's missing one thing...

Golf Pride Green Victory Grip!

On a serious note it was a big fan of steel shafted drivers at one time. I would like to give it a whirl again just for kicks.

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

That may tie mine for best looking combo ;)

Who am I Kidding???? That thing is SICK!!! But mine is a close second...

[attachment=1287012:photo (8).JPG]

[attachment=1287014:photo (20).JPG]

Face pic added because EVERY Classic thread needs one :)

[attachment=1287010:photo (4).JPG]

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Who you callin' an old fart?

Seriously, it looks good and obviously you love it. I am sure the two of you will be happy together for [s]years [/s][s]to come[/s] till the next incredible driver comes out and you just have to buy it.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Gotta love the emoticons lol. Steel shafted Classic looks great! I'm guessing low bullets all day everyday?

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

[quote name='BNich0622' timestamp='1343872083' post='5393414']
I love your threads haha. The emoticons are priceless. That really does look like a "Classic."
[/quote]+1 You can't help but smile when reading this.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

I see along and smooooth tempo in your near future with that tank. I freaking love it...

Titleist TSr2 w/ HZRDUS Smoke

Cobra BioCell+ 3W Aldila Tour Green

Cally Razr Hawk 7W Aldila Tour Green

Wilson Staff C200 w/ KBS 115’s
Cleveland DSG 52 & 58
TP Hydroblast Chaska
...all subject to “adjustment” per WRX societal norms...

[quote name='bub72ck' timestamp='1343872766' post='5393502']
Love it! It's missing one thing...

Golf Pride Green Victory Grip!

On a serious note it was a big fan of steel shafted drivers at one time. I would like to give it a whirl again just for kicks.
[/quote]

Agreed with the grip! Huge fan of the steel shafted driver i have an old 975 LFE with an x100 i toy around with here and there. . . this may motivate me to come up with a new steel shafted combo!

I hit this driver at a demo and hit it on a flight scope vs my r11s and was very impressed!

Agreed with the grip

915 D4 Hzrdus Black 6.0 <br />915 F D+ 80 S<br />915 HD Rogue 85 S<br />Jpx 850 4-6 Mp25 7-w<br />S5 Blue 50 54 60<br />Scotty Squareback

I have a Classic 290 7.5* laying around and was going to throw a Devotion 7 05 in it but might try this first. Looking forward to hear more of what you have to say about it.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Watching the PGA champ re-runs and seeing tiger pound his steel shafted driver always makes me want to put one together. That combo looks sweet ROBO

Honestly .. I always thionk about that / thought the same thing. I always say Tiger DOMINATED !!! the world by a huge margin with a 43.5 steel shafted driver

His 1997 Masters win - which by the way .. was a COUGH COUGH .... COBRA. 43.5 inches / x100 steel shaft

gwar01_970418woods.jpg

Medic ... HEY .. I'M AN OLD FART TOO !!!! ... Join the club ;) ... I'm not a 20something anymore like I'm guessing alot of the members here are. Plus as we age - We appreciate the finer things in life

iona ... It actually doesn't hit as low as I thought. It took me a while to figure the Classic out - and the main thing I had to get in my head was the tee height - You just have to to tee it higher cuz the face is so freaking tall. And bcuz it's shorter (and I'm taller anyway - 6-5) - It's steeper as far as swingplane I'm sure - so launching just perfect.

It's wierd over the years I have tried just about every shaft. I know now I HATE !!!!!!!!!!!!! high bend point driver shafts - HATE !!!!!!!!!!!!. I have always liked a shaft that feels like its moving and bending - I am not a hitter - I swing more now. I have to admit over the years - and through the 800 million shafts I have tried - There are a few that always stand out for me as far as feel.

Modern day - Deep Impact & Ozix TP Class

All Time .. Gotta be honest ... Aldila VS Proto By You / UST ProForce V2 76x / Ozik F7M2 / ORIGINAL Blueboard. Of those 4 - I'll take the Aldila & the UST over the other 2.

SO ... With steel .. Yeah it's "stiff" ... But ANYONE who has ever hit a correctly flexed DGX iron setup. That's what this feels like. It's like a driver shot - that feels like your trying to hit a little cupcake 80% 7 iron with no danger between you & the whole. I love the weight - I can feel the driver thru the ENTIRE swing. It's feels so freaking solid at impact .. and to be honest - It has a grin factor of 10. It's just fun to pull it out and hit it.

Now performance. Gang - It's LONG !!!! & more importantly - CRAZY accurate. Like land it in a freesbie accurate. DUMB accurate. And bcuz I like it and bcuz I enjoy look at it - I am KILLING IT on course. I AM playing tmrw - and it is coming along. I have another steel shaft in the mail as we speak - I weight up a ZLE head last night and it is just waiting for the shaft. I CAN'T WAIT. I am goign t try steel in a 3 wood to I think

I am going a little retro for a while gang .. and it's working ;)

ATTA BOY CLEVELAND !!!!!

I actually had a head, and a Whiteboard and an original green victory grip that I was planning on building but never got around to it and sold it to fund something else. :D I don't like steel in the driver and thought this was about as close as a "Classic" as I could play...

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

Love it! Until this month, every club in my bag had steel shafts except the driver. I have a 93g fuji in my driver and an 83g Aldilia in my 3 but like you, I've tried tons of shafts and spent countless dollars and still haven't found anything that compares in feel or distance to steel. You have me thinking about trying a steel in my driver before spending even more on fitting and another shaft I might hate. The 2 I have now are my favorites so far but still not perfect.

YOU ARE A SICK SON OF A B***** I have a DGX100 SL that is DYING to go into a head. You may have just helped me figure out what to do with it.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

YOU ARE A SICK SON OF A B***** I have a DGX100 SL that is DYING to go into a head. You may have just helped me figure out what to do with it.

I try 1_4_126.gifgolfing_banana.gif

Played yesterday. My normal gang couldn't make it - so I played alone - thus I played a couple balls and hit a couple extra shots here & there. I brought this / My 8* L4 & my 7.5* ZLE. I mostly used the Classic - Can't remember having a better driving day. Length is VERY good - but GOOD LORD is this thing just unconscious accurate.

And it then occured to me .. I have a couple extra L4s at the house - and it is the straightest head I have ever hit - I may jam a steely in one - and I bet it will be so straight I may go back in time when I hit it - like straight driver warp drive.

I probably played 25-28 holes - but when I turned one #1 again - one of the Pros was at the putting area - and he knows me. He walked up and said "ROBO - Hard not to see you with a big Pink bag - what new toys do you have today" .... well ... Like I said - He knows me ;)

I tell him - Bro (and I have to say here I do hate him bcuz he's probably 24ish - scratch game - perfect shape - polished - etc etc etc etc - ya know .. You just have to hate him) ... I tell him " I have something YOU HAVE !!! to try - tell me I'm wrong"

We go to #1 - BIG Par 5 - wide open landing area. I yank ole Steely - and the lil bastURD says "Wow I know they used to use these in the "OLD" days" .. wtf.gifmf_plasmawhore.gif.. I am easily 8 inches taller / 50-60 pds heavier - It took ALL my strength not to kill him right there. Lil turd (He's actually a super cool great guy ;) )

ANYWAY ... He grabs his glove and says "I bet this is laser straight huh" - I tell him "You have no idea" - Tees one up ... and BOOOOM !!!!! .. If I had a camera right then - The look on his face said it all ... He hit 305 right down the can ... PERFECT !!!!. He looks at me and says "OMG - That is amazing - You are right this is incredible" ... Tees up another one ... BOOM !!!! The two balls might as well have been stacked on top of each other. And then he says the magic words ... "Hey ROBO - Can you build me one" .... CONVERTED !!!!. He actually hit 3-4 more - almost all were identical.

I am not going to posts a ton of detail on my thoughts - I want to see if anyone else builds something like mine and thinks I'm not crazy.

Gang .. IT's REALLY REALLY cool. I may try it in bunch of heads.

I could see ... smiley-face-matrix-006.gifthinking2.gif

905R/steel

910D3 / steel

DEF gonna try ZLE & L4 / steel - maybe an S3

Ewwwwww ... How bout Adams 4250 / steel

Oh man ... How about RHT / steel. OH MY GOD that would be awesome ... That could be the one

Details at they develop

STEEL !!! .... I can feel the reps at Ozik / Graphite Design / Aldila / Mitsubishi all collective screaming ... "ROBO - SHUT THE F*** UP" shutup3.gifstfu.gifviolent-smiley-041.gif

I just want to chime in with my .02. I haven't "bought" a driver since the Adams 9015D Prototype (LD version, not retail) and Art picked the head. Was the lowest spinning driver I had owned to date but lacked any real forgiveness. I walked into a local retailer looking for some grips and stumbled upon a Cleveland Classic Tour 310 8.5° w/ a Kusala Black 61-X. Hit about 20 balls with it...but immediately noticed NONE of the shots registered above 2400 rpms with some in the low 2100s. Loved the look...really liked the feel. Went to the 'bay to find one on the cheap and scored one with an 83 Black. I haven't hit bombs like this since I was in my 20s (40s now). Better yet is the fact that I am hitting 3/4 fwys with this beast. You owe it to yourself to try one...

ST190 9.5°-->10.5° Kiyoshi BLK Proto 65X | Tour '17 M2 16° Kiyoshi BLK 75 X  | Tour Cobra Baffler T Rail 17.5° OBAN 100 | Cobra Forged Tour CB 4-Pw KBS Tour FLT 120 | RTX-4 50°- 54°- 58°  T.I. S400 | Spider X Ghost