New Members to the Forum (Talk to VP & Team at Callaway)

[quote name='gaz7900' timestamp='1351245028' post='5848587']
Harry,

My first ever post but just had to as you have brought a huge Callaway fan back with the new irons. My question is will you guys be issuing a new limited edition staff bag this year? I'm still rocking the 25th anniversary one but it's due an upgrade. Hoping something special will be on the way to complement the irons and that it will include some nice headcovers (also hope the headcovers are available in the uk as it cost me a fortune to import the 25th anniversary ones to match the bag!!!)
[/quote]

Unreal that you just asked that. I just looked at some things yesterday that will be right up your alley.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry,

My first ever post but just had to as you have brought a huge Callaway fan back with the new irons. My question is will you guys be issuing a new limited edition staff bag this year? I'm still rocking the 25th anniversary one but it's due an upgrade. Hoping something special will be on the way to complement the irons and that it will include some nice headcovers (also hope the headcovers are available in the uk as it cost me a fortune to import the 25th anniversary ones to match the bag!!!)
[/quote]

Welcome to Wrx!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

A few suggestions

I am mostly a PING guy now but in the past played all sorts of your drivers, fwys, wedges, putters, balls, etc

Right now my bag is Callaway free and 6 yrs ago it was 90% Callaway.

Bring back a two ball putter with a black, or non glare, finish (I used to have a belly version) .
Specifically, a long putter that is CENTRE shafted. Gotta be CENTRE. Every guy I know using a long putter is wielding a centre shated version .. Callaway options ??

My x-proto blades are gathering dust as I can't seem to get a reasonable price to put in tour issue DG s400's. Awesome irons (feel and performance) but not quite to my specs as I got them off our asst pro in std L/L/L and s300's

Stick with your branding roots. Get back to being a premium and innovative company ... and market accordingly. Don't be a me too copycat, with crazy Nascar coloring, Bellagio fountains etc

Get cleaner with your badging. Minimal decoration pls - like my X protos iron set

Make it easier to custom spec length and lie options ... and shafts ... and swing weight options - like Ping does

Offer a wide array of quality graphite shafts (not made for versions) at reasonable upcharges for fwy woods, hybrids and of course drivers

Get your customer service back to being #1 like it used to be. You guys used to rule the roost in this category, currently I'd rather not say

Make a very nice 2013 Masters bag

Cally AIS TD Max 10.5* Diamana ZF 50tx

Callaway AIS TD 16* Blueboard Ion 63x

Ping G400 19.5* Blueboard Ion 73x

Ping G425 4h 23.5* Fuji TS 8.2s

Srixon ZU85 5i & 6i Diamana Blue 93x

Ping i210 7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

Jailbird AI Cruiser

Question for Callaway_HarryA,

First off, it's nice to have you here answering questions. I'm a low handicapper playing a set of X Protos w/PX Flighted 6.0s. I've played Titleist, TM, Mizuno, and Adams irons in the past, but this is my first set of Callaway irons. I must say the Protos are the best feeling irons I've ever hit. They are even better than the Adam's CMBs that are collecting dust in my closet. I will most likely be sporting a set of the new '13 X Forged irons when they hit the street, and I'm sure they will be even better.

Now to my question. What are your plans for wedges next year? I love the Jaws wedges, and specifically the sole grinds, but am not a real fan of the 2012 Callaway Forged wedges. Will there be any new wedges for next year that have sole grinds similar to say the 60/13 Jaws CC wedge?

Ping G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 Max 15 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 3 Hybrid Kai'Li White

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120

TaylorMade MG3 50, 56, 60

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351262452' post='5849359']
Harry,

[/quote]

Unreal that you just asked that. I just looked at some things yesterday that will be right up your alley.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for replying Harry, just made my year to think something exciting on the way. Have to ask are the "things" multiple bags (i.e. majors) or bag and headcovers? - you are teasing us!!

Thanks again for the response, glad to know the Callaway fanboys are going to be looked after in '13!!

[quote name='dirthead' timestamp='1351267188' post='5849797']

First off, it's nice to have you here answering questions. I'm a low handicapper playing a set of X Protos w/PX Flighted 6.0s. I've played Titleist, TM, Mizuno, and Adams irons in the past, but this is my first set of Callaway irons. I must say the Protos are the best feeling irons I've ever hit. They are even better than the Adam's CMBs that are collecting dust in my closet. I will most likely be sporting a set of the new '13 X Forged irons when they hit the street, and I'm sure they will be even better.

Now to my question. What are your plans for wedges next year? I love the Jaws wedges, and specifically the sole grinds, but am not a real fan of the 2012 Callaway Forged wedges. Will there be any new wedges for next year that have sole grinds similar to say the 60/13 Jaws CC wedge?
[/quote]

Don't know about the grinds at the moment, but we definitely have new wedges coming at some point in 2013.

[quote name='CARDY' timestamp='1351265659' post='5849671']
A few suggestions

I am mostly a PING guy now but in the past played all sorts of your drivers, fwys, wedges, putters, balls, etc

Bring back a two ball putter with a black, or non glare, finish (I used to have a belly version) .
Specifically, a long putter that is CENTRE shafted. Gotta be CENTRE. Every guy I know using a long putter is wielding a centre shated version .. Callaway options ??

My x-proto blades are gathering dust as I can't seem to get a reasonable price to put in tour issue DG s400's. Awesome irons (feel and performance) but not quite to my specs as I got them off our asst pro in std L/L/L and s300's

Stick with your branding roots. Get back to being a premium and innovative company ... and market accordingly. Don't be a me too copycat, with crazy Nascar coloring, Bellagio fountains etc

Get cleaner with your badging. Minimal decoration pls - like my X protos iron set

Make it easier to custom spec length and lie options ... and shafts ... and swing weight options - like Ping does

Offer a wide array of quality graphite shafts (not made for versions) at reasonable upcharges for fwy woods, hybrids and of course drivers

Get your customer service back to being #1 like it used to be. You guys used to rule the roost in this category, currently I'd rather not say

[/quote]

Bring back a two ball putter with a black, or non glare, finish: CHECK. We just launched that to our sales force in August. Shipping in January.

Stick with your branding roots. Get back to being a premium and innovative company ... and market accordingly. Don't be a me too copycat, with crazy Nascar coloring, Bellagio fountains etc: CHECK, CHECK, and DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK.

Get cleaner with your badging: CHECK. Modern, but classy and innovative.

Make it easier to custom spec length and lie options ... and shafts ... and swing weight options - like Ping does: CHECK.

Offer a wide array of quality graphite shafts (not made for versions) at reasonable upcharges for fwy woods, hybrids and of course drivers: CHECK. We don't have "Made for" in 2013.

Get your customer service back to being #1 like it used to be. You guys used to rule the roost in this category, currently I'd rather not say: CHECK. It's a big focus area and we're improving there already. Not yet at the top of the industry, but world class is right around the corner.

Make a very nice 2013 Masters bag: CHECK. I just saw the first designs for 2013 for the bag, headwear, and head covers. Money. I love them. Hope you do too.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351277466' post='5850665']
[quote name='dirthead' timestamp='1351267188' post='5849797']

[/quote]

Don't know about the grinds at the moment, but we definitely have new wedges coming at some point in 2013.
[/quote]

I agree that the conforming Jaws wedges were amazing, my favorite is/was the 64/12; I also loved the Mack Daddy but it was just too hard on $3.50 golf balls to justify the noticeable extra spin.

[quote name='gaz7900' timestamp='1351271102' post='5850087']
Harry,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you so much for replying Harry, just made my year to think something exciting on the way. Have to ask are the "things" multiple bags (i.e. majors) or bag and headcovers? - you are teasing us!!

Thanks again for the response, glad to know the Callaway fanboys are going to be looked after in '13!!
[/quote]

You can't have bags and NOT have head covers, can you? I don't think so either. Masters stuff is already designed. The US Open concept is so freaking cool (if we can pull it off) it will be something all golf nerds (guilty!) will be talking about next year...

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351277913' post='5850693']
[quote name='gaz7900' timestamp='1351271102' post='5850087']
Harry,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can't have bags and NOT have head covers, can you? I don't think so either. Masters stuff is already designed. The US Open concept is so freaking cool (if we can pull it off) it will be something all golf nerds (guilty!) will be talking about next year...
[/quote]

That's just magic news Harry, sounds like the club room is going to have to make space for more than one extra bag this year (praying everything will make it to the uk unedited). Thanks for all the info and best of luck to the crew for an amazing 2013!

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351277791' post='5850685']
Bring back a two ball putter with a black, or non glare, finish: CHECK. We just launched that to our sales force in August. Shipping in January.

Stick with your branding roots. Get back to being a premium and innovative company ... and market accordingly. Don't be a me too copycat, with crazy Nascar coloring, Bellagio fountains etc: CHECK, CHECK, and [size=4][b][size=5]DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK[/size].[/b][/size]

Make it easier to custom spec length and lie options ... and shafts ... and swing weight options - like Ping does: CHECK.

Offer a wide array of quality graphite shafts (not made for versions) at reasonable upcharges for fwy woods, hybrids and of course drivers: CHECK. We don't have "Made for" in 2013.

Get your customer service back to being #1 like it used to be. You guys used to rule the roost in this category, currently I'd rather not say: CHECK. It's a big focus area and we're improving there already. Not yet at the top of the industry, but world class is right around the corner.

Make a very nice 2013 Masters bag: CHECK. I just saw the first designs for 2013 for the bag, headwear, and head covers. Money. I love them. Hope you do too.
[/quote]

That is full of straight win right there. You guys are awesome.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

I will also be looking for the Masters bag! and Headcovers!! WTH!! you guys are going insane Harry! Everything you guys are mentioning that you are concentrating on for the future sounds like it is just where the mindset needs to be honestly. And to be honest, it will one of the first years I am really really really really interested in seeing Callaway hit it out of the park! If the 2013 X Forged are any indication of where everything else is going...WOW!

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Callaway Golf Official' timestamp='1349197070' post='5738173']
[quote name='wfrogg' timestamp='1349186743' post='5737063']
Gentlemen,

I appreciate you reaching out to the golf community in this way. It shows that you are thinking outside the box.

I have a golf ball question for you.

The Top Flite Gamer had a quiet but dedicated following during its brief existance. The recent sale of Top Flite by Callaway Golf and the disappearance of any Gamer V2's on golf shop shelves has forced Gamer players to scour the internet in order to stock up on the discoutinued ball. While the details of the sale are not clear, did Callaway Golf retain the ability to produce the V2 under a different name (HX Diablo Tour) or has this technology been lost, never to be seen again?

Thanks again for taking the time to participate on golf's best equipment website.

Sincerely,
Former TF Gamer V2 player
[/quote]

Hey frogg,

Great question. What I can tell you is that if you're looking for a similar product performance in our current golf ball lineup, HX Diablo Tour is definitely the best match. And for future reference, we have a new value performance ball coming out in 2013 under an iconic golf ball name. Stay tuned for more info on that.
[/quote]

Um, Strata? I see that Bridgestone has a dimple in dimple thing going. Was that technology sold/leased to them, or did they just swipe the idea? Also, has anyone tried a hex in hex design?

[quote name='JDorfler' timestamp='1351435478' post='5857879']
[quote name='Callaway Golf Official' timestamp='1349197070' post='5738173']
[quote name='wfrogg' timestamp='1349186743' post='5737063']
Gentlemen,

I appreciate you reaching out to the golf community in this way. It shows that you are thinking outside the box.

I have a golf ball question for you.

The Top Flite Gamer had a quiet but dedicated following during its brief existance. The recent sale of Top Flite by Callaway Golf and the disappearance of any Gamer V2's on golf shop shelves has forced Gamer players to scour the internet in order to stock up on the discoutinued ball. While the details of the sale are not clear, did Callaway Golf retain the ability to produce the V2 under a different name (HX Diablo Tour) or has this technology been lost, never to be seen again?

Thanks again for taking the time to participate on golf's best equipment website.

Sincerely,
Former TF Gamer V2 player
[/quote]

Hey frogg,

Great question. What I can tell you is that if you're looking for a similar product performance in our current golf ball lineup, HX Diablo Tour is definitely the best match. And for future reference, we have a new value performance ball coming out in 2013 under an iconic golf ball name. Stay tuned for more info on that.
[/quote]

Um, Strata? I see that Bridgestone has a dimple in dimple thing going. Was that technology sold/leased to them, or did they just swipe the idea? Also, has anyone tried a hex in hex design?
[/quote] I'm too hexy for this ball...

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

What would be the chances of starting up a Odyssey custom shop (a la Scotty etc)? Would love a 2 ball blade with a short flow neck and tri-hot technology!!!!! Don't get along too well with plumbers necks!

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

This is a great signing! and I am betting this is just one of ....three new players going to Callaway next year...completely guessing, but I will look like Nostradamus if it ends up being 3 guys!! LOL!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351049772' post='5837357']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1351043049' post='5836843']
Harry, not quite sure how to phrase this but here goes. I'm a huge Callaway fan, always have been. I really like the fact that you guys are here on the site and frankly i wish i was interested in buying more Callaway gear. I've played more Callaway woods then any other in my 8 years playing the game, and used to be really big on the irons too.

I guess my question/comment is. Do you guys ever regret going away from the X family of irons and FT brand of driver, or just your old branding in general? I felt like the branding you guys used to have was top notch. X14-X16-X18 etc. You guys used to have a formula. You'd have the X irons, a fusion driver, and then a glued driver that came in a regular and tour model and same with fairway woods. I loved the FT3 tour, FT5 tour, FT9 etc etc The FT9 tour and DOT are in my holy grail of drivers. I also own a DET and DOT fairway wood and still have my DOT driver too

but i kind of feel like the last couple of years seem to have been a hodgepodge of different branding. Diablo, Octane, Razr etc. This isn't the Callaway i know. Orange irons, black irons, a Razr X driver with no tour model that only comes in 46 degree length. A Razr fit without much shaft offerings without upcharging (or no X stiff offering). I love Callaway but frankly nothing from your current offering really interests me. I look at the website and feel like i don't know what i'm looking at. I miss the X series which was THE iron set to have... Rivaling the Ping G series for SGI top dog. I miss the big bertha brand which was golf royalty....Now it's a different name and color every year. I don't really know what to make of Callaway right now, but i miss the old Callaway. I miss the X series, I miss FT drivers.

Anyway....i suppose that isn't really a question. Just one guys view. But again i do appreciate your presence here. And i promise i'll use my DOT next year a little bit.

Jeff
[/quote]

I read your post and laughed because I was thinking, "What's the question here?" and then you said the same thing. So even though you didn't ask it, I think your question is something like this:

"What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a going on here with you guys lately?"

Well said, Jeff. Frankly, and it's no fun admitting this, but we'd kind of had our head up our a**. Simply put, we thought we were stuck between the rock and the hard place of 'should we be like someone else?' or 'should we just stay stagnant?.' And as I was saying in another post up in this thread, that was a fool's dilemma. The real answer is, we need to change into a different, more progressive, more dynamic, and better version of ourselves. So you'll see a return to a commitment to the best true performance, the best looking products (hopefully), more better player validation and preference, and a continuing commitment to helping passionate golfers everywhere play better golf with better products. Not better than ourselves (that is easy) but better than anybody out there. And not by a little, but by a lot. And not in just one dimension, but in every dimension. It's going to take us a little time to be able to do that across every category and every segment within that category. In some cases, we'll have to just build a better mousetrap. In others, we'll build entirely different mousetraps. But at any rate, we'll be different and we think the winner will be you all, the golfers.

About branding: it's been confusing recently. It's been uninspiring mostly. It's been kind of stale. So that will change too. Still the leaders in premium performance for passionate golfers, but done in a more contemporary, yet authentic way. X Forged is a step in that direction--the best looking, best performing forged cavity iron in the player's iron category (at least we think so).

More to come...
[/quote]

This right here is why I'm excited for 2013. First and foremost welcome to WRX. I've been a Cally player since 2000 (for the most part), but after '08 I really got tired of waiting for Cally to really wow me again. Yeah, the new balls and the wedges have always been nice & the RAZR driver was nice, but I was never really wowed. As you said, I felt Cally was stale and was getting it's doors blown off by the comp as I was off the tee by other guys playing what I had always considered inferior mfg.'s. So much so that after holding on to my beloved x-20 tours for so long I finally gave up and went iron hunting and went w/ the MP-59's and TM R11 but still with a Cally ball, thinking that I was just going to have to move on leaving a company that I really wanted to be loyal to.

The straight up, straight talk is what I have been wanting. And reading your posts, seeing that you've now figured out what was wrong and what you're going to do about it, I'm excited for 2013 and to possibly put Cally back in my Cally staff bag. So far I like what I've seen, and look forward to seeing more. It's like having an old friend back, after a bad few years healthy and ready to go again. I like what you guys are doing here on WRX, and look forward to hearing/reading more. I look forward to putting the new stuff up head to head w/ what I have now.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351277791' post='5850685']
[quote name='CARDY' timestamp='1351265659' post='5849671']
A few suggestions

[/quote]

Stick with your branding roots. Get back to being a premium and innovative company ... and market accordingly. Don't be a me too copycat, with crazy Nascar coloring, Bellagio fountains etc: CHECK, CHECK, and DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK.

[/quote]
A larger range for left handers...............ultility irons, putters, If Phil has them they should be available to Joe Public.

Harry,

Thanks for being here and answering all these questions! I love your writing style - I don't think I've ever seen the words myopic and boobs in adjacent sentences!
I went to a fitting last Saturday looking to replace my X-20 Tours and narrowed the choices down to one of the Ping's, one of the Titleist's, and the Razr X Tours. Basically the numbers all were pretty close and I went with the Razr X-tours with Nippon shafts. These are going to be 100% blueprinted, balanced and tricked out and I can't wait to pick them up on Saturday and hit them on the Trackman!
I'd love to see a Callaway WRX-type shop where they can do this type of "custom" tour-van work.

Question for you - If I wanted to make a combo set of X-tours and X-forged do club fitters like this buy individual heads or do they buy an entire set or heads?
Keep up the good work!
Dave

[quote name='Cyride' timestamp='1351771954' post='5876697']
Does anyone know when the new Callaway MB's are coming out? I was going to buy a set of Razr MB's but will wait if the new set is coming out in the next six months or so. Thanks for any help.
[/quote]

I believe it was stated there wouldn't be a new version of the MBs this year. At least, not by spring. I don't think they'll release them in the fall, so my guess is no new MBs until 2014.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Mi-Golfer' timestamp='1351780430' post='5877229']
Harry,

Thanks for being here and answering all these questions! I love your writing style - I don't think I've ever seen the words myopic and boobs in adjacent sentences!
I went to a fitting last Saturday looking to replace my X-20 Tours and narrowed the choices down to one of the Ping's, one of the Titleist's, and the Razr X Tours. Basically the numbers all were pretty close and I went with the Razr X-tours with Nippon shafts. These are going to be 100% blueprinted, balanced and tricked out and I can't wait to pick them up on Saturday and hit them on the Trackman!
I'd love to see a Callaway WRX-type shop where they can do this type of "custom" tour-van work.

Question for you - If I wanted to make a combo set of X-tours and X-forged do club fitters like this buy individual heads or do they buy an entire set or heads?
Keep up the good work!
Dave
[/quote]

Dave-Not only should we do exactly what you're talking about (Callaway Custom Shop), but we should also have some sort of badge of honor for people like you: Certified Club Ho. Wow, that is some solid ho work there, brother.

I believe we sell any irons in our line as individual irons. So you should be able to do a short set. Might take some creativity on the service person's part on our end, but it can be done. If you have any issue with that, let me know.

Hi Harry,

I live in Australia and have been playing the x forged wedges for a few season now, I have noticed that they are still gamed by many tour pros, is there any way us amateurs are able to get the groove conforming version of these wedges as I am playing the standard ones that are non conforming, the wedges are awesome. I wasn't so keen on the model last year and the jaws wedges didn't suit my eye if that makes any sense.

Thanks
Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Harry -

I grew up on Callaway in the late 90's and early 2000's. I jumped shipped completely at the end of 2008 when products and product names started to resemble "Ed Hardy" a little too much. Based on what you've said here, how well you (and hashtagchad) are promoting the brand and what I've seen for 2013 and beyond I'm considering giving Callaway another shot. Keep up the good work!

Ryan

Harry

I think that it is great that your are on here and face to face with your customers. That in itself, is great customer service!!

I have be using mostly Callaway products for the past 2 years and am completely satisfied with my entire bag. I do have one question for you though. I currently use the Tour IZ ball and really like it but I would like to upgrade to the Hex Black tour ball. What differences will I see between the 2 balls. The IZ may be the longest ball I have played and is good around the green for me. I tend to like the lower spin balls. Your input would be appreciated.

Thank you

DR

XR16 pro Kiyoshi White 60S
XR16 pro 16 Speeder 765s
Cleveland Launcher 21 Rifle 6.0
<br />2013 X Forged PXi 6.0 4-pw<br />MD chrome 50, MD Chrome 54, MD2 Slate 58<br />Versa BWB #1 W 34"

[quote name='DMR2112' timestamp='1353628561' post='5967425']
Harry

I think that it is great that your are on here and face to face with your customers. That in itself, is great customer service!!

I have be using mostly Callaway products for the past 2 years and am completely satisfied with my entire bag. I do have one question for you though. I currently use the Tour IZ ball and really like it but I would like to upgrade to the Hex Black tour ball. What differences will I see between the 2 balls. The IZ may be the longest ball I have played and is good around the green for me. I tend to like the lower spin balls. Your input would be appreciated.

Thank you

DR
[/quote]

DR, the iZ is a firmer ball than the HBT. You'll find that the HBT spins a little more around the greens as well.

Dear Harry,

Now that they've done a high class two ball, please ask the Ody guys for a milled ProType Black #7 next. (Proper Luke Donald #7, not the bloody confusing ProType Tour Series #7. What the hell was up with that? Was everyone drunk?)

Anyhoo, make this happen and I will be your friend forever!*

XXX

Stretch.

(* Not with benefits, unless the putter is really, really choice. Then maybe.)