2024 Barracuda Championship WITB & Equipment Photos ×

New Members to the Forum (Talk to VP & Team at Callaway)

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1348916637' post='5716127']
Callaway Harry or Chad,

I was sad when I walked into a Dicks and saw the Warbird last year reduced to a store specific exclusive (cheapo crapville) To soil the name of Warbird was heartbreaking and that person who made that decision should be shown the door. I grew up on Warbird woods and was genuinely pissed when I saw this. To take clubs that built your company and disrespect it like this just doesn't make sense. And again I say this because I care

With that off my chest I think the Warbird needs to come back and i mean really come back. Imagine the commercials and marketing pieces you could design. Especially with the "reintroduction" of the company. "We're Baaaaaaaack"
[/quote]

This was a one-off program that we worked on with DICK'S that's now over. Completely understand where you're coming from, though, and you make a valid point. We are always working on the best names for our future products and some of the older names like Warbird still come up and are still in the mix.

Warbird was a sole technology that made our FW Woods arguably the most versatile ever created. Stay tuned for more info about that...

In the meantime, rest assured that we are very confident with the naming around our 2013 product line and think you will be, too. (Spoiler alert: you won't see the word "Diablo" anywhere.)

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Deano802' timestamp='1348866787' post='5713633']
Great for you guys to be on here, I've played Mizuno irons for the past ten years and never really liked Callaways line with all the plastic and graphics and names etc etc, but walked past a Callaway fitting day at our club over here in London England a few weeks ago. Could not believe the shots i was producing with the RAZR X Tours with PX flighted. I've held off pulling the trigger to see what else is coming out soon.

You need to show us the new irons very soon or I'm off to buy the new Mizuno JPX 825 Pros!!!!! I'm hoping for a cross between the RAZR X Tour and RAZR X Forged, or just the tour iron to be forged.
[/quote]

Good to hear! (I bet you guys are in a pretty good mood over on that side of the pond right now, huh?)

If you can wait to pull the trigger for about another two months, I think you'll be very impressed with the new irons we'll be introducing.

As Mark Twain once said, "The best things in life are worth waiting for." That was Twain, right? Pretty sure it was...

Wow, this is cool. Nice to see you guys here.

I just bought the Razr Fit driver and I couldn't be more pleased. So much more consistent than my Ping I20 that I had before. The thing is that I want a similar 3wood to replace the i20 I have right now. Right now I am playing the Razr Fit at standard with 8,5 of loft and Diamana Kai'li 70X. Any suggestions on what setup to get in the 3wood?

Also, I've been looking for this fitted hat that Alex Noren is using EVERYWHERE! Do you know where I can get it? Tired of the Titleist hats...

Alex+Noren+Austrian+Golf+Open+Day+Three+4Fg19ujDaO8l.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're seeing good results with your RAZR Fit. If you like the Kai'li in your driver, then you should probably stick with that. Some people go slightly heavier on fairway woods vs. the driver, but going to 80x may be a bit overkill.

Also, I don't believe we are currently selling that exact hat that Alex is rocking in that picture - but here are a couple alternatives that are similar in case you want to look into those:

http://shop.callawaygolf.com/spr3343935/spr3343935,default,pd.html

http://shop.callawaygolf.com/spr3612485/spr3612485,default,pd.html

http://shop.callawaygolf.com/spr3343909/spr3343909,default,pd.html

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

[quote name='martinritch' timestamp='1349096324' post='5729599']
Welcome Harry & Chad. cant wait until the new x utility iron comes out. I had a hit of on which belongs to a Staff Player onth european tour and it was awesome. What are the stock shafts going to be? i hope it is KBS tour!
[/quote]

Thanks, Martin. We're counting down the days! Glad you were able to test it out.

The stock shafts are going to be Project X Pxi.

Callaway Harry or Chad,

I was sad when I walked into a Dicks and saw the Warbird last year reduced to a store specific exclusive (cheapo crapville) To soil the name of Warbird was heartbreaking and that person who made that decision should be shown the door. I grew up on Warbird woods and was genuinely pissed when I saw this. To take clubs that built your company and disrespect it like this just doesn't make sense. And again I say this because I care ��

With that off my chest I think the Warbird needs to come back and i mean really come back. Imagine the commercials and marketing pieces you could design. Especially with the "reintroduction" of the company. "We're Baaaaaaaack"

This was a one-off program that we worked on with DICK'S that's now over. Completely understand where you're coming from, though, and you make a valid point. We are always working on the best names for our future products and some of the older names like Warbird still come up and are still in the mix.

Warbird was a sole technology that made our FW Woods arguably the most versatile ever created. Stay tuned for more info about that...

In the meantime, rest assured that we are very confident with the naming around our 2013 product line and think you will be, too. (Spoiler alert: you won't see the word "Diablo" anywhere.)

Thanks for the info and response. Warbird, Hawk Eye, Big Bertha are just flat out classic's that you guys shouldn't hesitate to bring back. People think callaway they think of those names. And your right that sole tech was amazing and to this day I still have my warbird 3 and 5 wood that I will NEVER sell. Have had them for almost 10 years and every now and then I still take them out on the course. Absolutely love the look of them they just don't go as far compared to todays woods. As for diablo that is a great decision. Not many want to play devil clubs haha. But hey just for a refresher take a look at the pics, they are screaming BRING ME BACK WITH NEW TECH !!!!!!!!!!! I'll preorder RIGHT NOW.

984c268fa31108b4acfc1a36902c03ae.jpg

b696d7f73e258e0b516e536a5ef8c57f.jpg

451227893480a1491f45ea2a429458a5.jpg

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Hey guys, great to see you onboard. I don't think this was covered, I apologize if it was. Is the uniflex shaft still going to be around? If so, what are the chances of another choice at no upcharge? I know the uniflex works for a lot of people, and it did for me for awhile. Can't wait to see the new clubs.

[quote name='Callaway Golf Official' timestamp='1349131702' post='5733775']
Great for you guys to be on here, I've played Mizuno irons for the past ten years and never really liked Callaways line with all the plastic and graphics and names etc etc, but walked past a Callaway fitting day at our club over here in London England a few weeks ago. Could not believe the shots i was producing with the RAZR X Tours with PX flighted. I've held off pulling the trigger to see what else is coming out soon.

You need to show us the new irons very soon or I'm off to buy the new Mizuno JPX 825 Pros!!!!! I'm hoping for a cross between the RAZR X Tour and RAZR X Forged, or just the tour iron to be forged.
[/quote]

Good to hear! (I bet you guys are in a pretty good mood over on that side of the pond right now, huh?)

If you can wait to pull the trigger for about another two months, I think you'll be very impressed with the new irons we'll be introducing.

As Mark Twain once said, "The best things in life are worth waiting for." That was Twain, right? Pretty sure it was...
[/quote]
I gotta question. How can I do... what you do?

Nike VR_S w/ Diamana ION 'ahina 70s
Callaway Razr Fit 15 w/ UST VTS Silver 7
Adams Super 9031 18
4-PW Callaway X-Prototype w/ S300
Byron Morgan 006
Cleveland 50
Nike VR Pro 56
Tour Vokey 60

[quote name='mooseman76' timestamp='1349147168' post='5735385']
Hey guys, great to see you onboard. I don't think this was covered, I apologize if it was. Is the uniflex shaft still going to be around? If so, what are the chances of another choice at no upcharge? I know the uniflex works for a lot of people, and it did for me for awhile. Can't wait to see the new clubs.
[/quote]

Moose- Stock shafts next year won't be uniflex.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1349151887' post='5735693']
[quote name='mooseman76' timestamp='1349147168' post='5735385']
[/quote]

Moose- Stock shafts next year won't be uniflex.
[/quote]

Well then, this is getting better and better. Thanks for the quick response.

[quote name='TRoc9892' timestamp='1349150239' post='5735599']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
It's pretty tough what Chad does. You have to talk golf on the computer all day, eat about a pound and a half of Costco pub mix, and get you clothes and style made fun of by everyone who walks by.

[quote name='Callaway Golf Official' timestamp='1349134316' post='5734047']
[quote name='martinritch' timestamp='1349096324' post='5729599']
Welcome Harry & Chad. cant wait until the new x utility iron comes out. I had a hit of on which belongs to a Staff Player onth european tour and it was awesome. What are the stock shafts going to be? i hope it is KBS tour!
[/quote]

Thanks, Martin. We're counting down the days! Glad you were able to test it out.

The stock shafts are going to be Project X Pxi.
[/quote]

Pxi?? Hip hip hooray!!!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously we were going crazy about the result, but whoever won it was the best golf I've ever seen. How would you like to be standing on that 17th tee against tiger in front of 40 thousand people and have to carry an it 190 over water and you can't go long either, Molinari looked green!

Can't we get a sneak preview of the irons sooner??? Just for Golfwrx, we won't tell anyone else!!

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1349152024' post='5735699']
[quote name='TRoc9892' timestamp='1349150239' post='5735599']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
It's pretty tough what Chad does. You have to talk golf on the computer all day, eat about a pound and a half of Costco pub mix, and get you clothes and style made fun of by everyone who walks by.
[/quote]

Sounds awfully tough for Chad. Slave labor for sure lol

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Callaway Harry or Chad,

I was sad when I walked into a Dicks and saw the Warbird last year reduced to a store specific exclusive (cheapo crapville) To soil the name of Warbird was heartbreaking and that person who made that decision should be shown the door. I grew up on Warbird woods and was genuinely pissed when I saw this. To take clubs that built your company and disrespect it like this just doesn't make sense. And again I say this because I care ��

Thanks for the info and response. Warbird, Hawk Eye, Big Bertha are just flat out classic's that you guys shouldn't hesitate to bring back. People think callaway they think of those names. And your right that sole tech was amazing and to this day I still have my warbird 3 and 5 wood that I will NEVER sell. Have had them for almost 10 years and every now and then I still take them out on the course. Absolutely love the look of them they just don't go as far compared to todays woods. As for diablo that is a great decision. Not many want to play devil clubs haha. But hey just for a refresher take a look at the pics, they are screaming BRING ME BACK WITH NEW TECH !!!!!!!!!!! I'll preorder RIGHT NOW.

984c268fa31108b4acfc1a36902c03ae.jpg

b696d7f73e258e0b516e536a5ef8c57f.jpg

451227893480a1491f45ea2a429458a5.jpg

Post of the day! I always regret selling my driver, 3 and 5 Warbirds!

Gentlemen,

I appreciate you reaching out to the golf community in this way. It shows that you are thinking outside the box.

I have a golf ball question for you.

The Top Flite Gamer had a quiet but dedicated following during its brief existance. The recent sale of Top Flite by Callaway Golf and the disappearance of any Gamer V2's on golf shop shelves has forced Gamer players to scour the internet in order to stock up on the discoutinued ball. While the details of the sale are not clear, did Callaway Golf retain the ability to produce the V2 under a different name (HX Diablo Tour) or has this technology been lost, never to be seen again?

Thanks again for taking the time to participate on golf's best equipment website.

Sincerely,
Former TF Gamer V2 player

Driver: M6
3 Wood: Sim Max
R11 Rescue 16
Ping S-59 4-PW, Tour 52 and 56 Wedges
Circa 62 No 3 350g

[quote name='wfrogg' timestamp='1349186743' post='5737063']
Gentlemen,

I appreciate you reaching out to the golf community in this way. It shows that you are thinking outside the box.

The Top Flite Gamer had a quiet but dedicated following during its brief existance. The recent sale of Top Flite by Callaway Golf and the disappearance of any Gamer V2's on golf shop shelves has forced Gamer players to scour the internet in order to stock up on the discoutinued ball. While the details of the sale are not clear, did Callaway Golf retain the ability to produce the V2 under a different name (HX Diablo Tour) or has this technology been lost, never to be seen again?

Thanks again for taking the time to participate on golf's best equipment website.

Sincerely,
[/quote]

Hey frogg,

Great question. What I can tell you is that if you're looking for a similar product performance in our current golf ball lineup, HX Diablo Tour is definitely the best match. And for future reference, we have a new value performance ball coming out in 2013 under an iconic golf ball name. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Reading this thread made me sign up to GolfWRX!

I've been a Callaway guy since I started playing Golf. Played everything from Warbirds, ERC Fusion, FT-iq, FT-iz to my current Razr Hawk. I am chomping at the bit to put the Razr Fit in the bag.

So my question is, when are we going to see the price drop on Callayway Preowned website (only $20 cheaper than a new one) with the new line coming out?

[quote name='Callaway Golf Official' timestamp='1349197070' post='5738173']
[quote name='wfrogg' timestamp='1349186743' post='5737063']
Gentlemen,

Sincerely,
[/quote]

Hey frogg,

Great question. What I can tell you is that if you're looking for a similar product performance in our current golf ball lineup, HX Diablo Tour is definitely the best match. And for future reference, we have a new value performance ball coming out in 2013 under an iconic golf ball name. Stay tuned for more info on that.
[/quote]

Thank you for the quick reply. The HX Diablo Tour seemed a little firmer off the driver then the V2, but I will definately give the new value performance ball a try.

Driver: M6
3 Wood: Sim Max
R11 Rescue 16
Ping S-59 4-PW, Tour 52 and 56 Wedges
Circa 62 No 3 350g

Okay I got one fellas - the Japanese Odyssey Protype iX line with the adjustable weights, are those coming to the US market or not? Many of us are dying to know. Thanks. :)

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='ProjectX_Mizuno' timestamp='1349210015' post='5739669']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1349207922' post='5739445']
Okay I got one fellas - the Japanese Odyssey Protype iX line with the adjustable weights, are those coming to the US market or not? Many of us are dying to know. Thanks. :)
[/quote]

+1... I am amongst the many!
[/quote]

Oh heck, let me +2 this one....

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1349405912' post='5753087']
[quote name='ProjectX_Mizuno' timestamp='1349210015' post='5739669']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1349207922' post='5739445']
[/quote]

+1... I am amongst the many!
[/quote]

Oh heck, let me +2 this one....
[/quote]

We're going to get Chris Koske to come on here. He's the guy who is responsible for Odyssey product.

Quick question:

So between the Razr FIT Extreme. Razr FIT and Razr Hawk Tour, which is the lowest spin?? Which has the highest launch??

Is there more Forged Comp in the crown in the FIT Extreme compared to the FIT and RH Tour??

Is the sound similar to the FIT or even more muted??

Will the swingweight on the Extreme be as high as it was on the FIT?? What's the stock length and stock shat??

Thx!