LIVE ROCKETBLADEZ Q&A with TaylorMade! Thursday, Oct. 25 1-3PM ET! Win RBLADEZ TOUR IRONS!

HipCheck

[quote name='Goldenhawk' timestamp='1351172644' post='5843521']
What are the stock shafts for steel and graphite? What custom shaft offerings will TM have? I have KBS Tour 90s in my R11 irons and would like to try them in the Rocketbladez irons.
[/quote]

KBS Tour 90 are the stock steel shaft in the RocketBladez Tour irons.

- BB

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='stape2000' timestamp='1351173531' post='5843597']
As a high school golf coach, I encourage my players to spend 80% of their practice time from a 100 yards and in. We all know that, in doing this we can either make a bad round be good and a good round be great! Will the rocketbladez wedges use the same ATV sole? If so, have there been any improvements or changes to the soles of these clubs and the irons themselves?

Thanks
Coach Stapleton
[/quote]

The RocketBladez (standard) irons feature the ATV sole in the SW and LW. The RocketBladez Tour PW and AW do not feature the ATV sole design.

We've softened the leading edge in the sole design of the RocketBladez Tour iron and designed them to suit the preference of the majority of our Tour Staff professionals.

Thank you for your inquiry and good luck with your coaching endeavors. Thanks for helping grow the game through your passion for golf.

- BB

[quote name='CrushSticks' timestamp='1351175214' post='5843731']
Do you expect a good percentage of your staffers to switch to the new irons, and if so, will most of them be playing R Bladez or R Blades Tour?
[/quote]

[b]Yes, we expect and believe all of our Tour players will have RocketBladez Tour irons in the bag next year.

- GG[/b]

[quote name='jwfgolfpro' timestamp='1351166483' post='5843201'] Good Morning and thanks to Golfwrx & TMAG for the opportunity to ask a question. We know that the number one factor in introducing a new product is [b]TOUR PLAYER VALIDATION[/b]. Tour players are very specific about their yardages. With the Rocketbladez and Tour iron how are the Tour players responding to the huge gains in distances that the new irons will be providing? Thanks for your time. JWF P.S. looking forward to Dr. Beniot, Dean Snell & Sean Toulan coming back to Wisconsin. Cant imagine the energy in the presentation this year :) [/quote]

The Tour players are responding very well…but it’s important to note that its not just about the distance. Its about THE TYPE of distance that we are giving them: Higher launch angles, steeper angle of descent, softer landings and way more predictable and consistent distance. Just imagine next year when Andrew Steinhofer, Jim Schuman, Eddie Teresa, Ryan Helminen and yourself get a chance to play in some Wisconsin section events against players that don’t have these. Sounds like a competitive advantage to me. Thanks for all that you do. – Sean Toulon

PS – Wait till you see what we drop in February.

[quote name='andrewtate' timestamp='1351176213' post='5843805']
By adding overall forgiveness for distance, how will this affect playability when needing to shape shots?
[/quote]

The compact head shape, thin topline, thin sole, small cavity back and minimal offset all help to make RocketBladez Tour irons extremely workable for players who like to attack pins by drawing and fading the ball.

- BB

[quote name='the4hornes' timestamp='1351121631' post='5841367']
My question is:
As a "tech guy" I'd like to hear some results from your robot testing. I'm interested in hearing actual numbers about performance from off center hits and how this compares to the average iron. Can you share some of this or similar information from the robot testing?

Thanks!
[/quote] [b]We conduct extensive robot and player testing with every product we develop, however it’s our policy to keep that kind of information and intellectual property in-house. That said, testing of our RocketBladez Tour irons versus TP MC irons indicates that the sweetspot is 5 times larger in the RocketBladez Tour. We calculate that by hitting balls at and away from the CG and mapping the face. Ball speed is lower outside the CG than it is right on the CG. We take the area away from center that demonstrates 1% speed loss, then we calculate the ellipse. With RocketBladez Tour, the area where you experience 1% speed loss is five times larger than that of the TP MC. [/b]

[quote name='jtudhsnae' timestamp='1351176941' post='5843877']
Do they come with a special brush to slean the slot, like Callaway did, to clean out the back of there irons?
How much difference between the tour model and and regular model, besides the stock shaft?
[/quote]

The Speed Pocket is filled with polyurethane and will not collect dirt or debris as there is not any semblance of cavity on the sole. The pocket is filled flush with the sole of the irons and thus you would not need a brush here.

There are significant difference between the RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons beyond the stock shaft offering. The RocketBladez Tour irons feature a much more compact head shape, thin topline, thin sole, and small cavity back and minimal offset compared to RocketBladez.

Thanks for your questions.

- BB

[quote name='tfshirt' timestamp='1351177506' post='5843941']
[quote name='harleydavis' timestamp='1351096387' post='5839325']
2. Will it be available in a 1-2 iron? Hitting thin, low stingers with a little extra ball speed would be fantastic.
[/quote]

I second this, along with my earlier question too! Having a 2 iron with these would be fantastic and could possibly get rid of the need for a Hybrid completely.
[/quote]

A 1 or 2-iron will not be offered in RocketBladez Tour but you could definitely order the 3-iron individually and bend it stronger to achieve the loft properties of a 1- or 2-iron.

Thanks.

BB

[quote name='Wooderson' timestamp='1351163523' post='5843109']
When I catch the ball low it usually produces a low hot ball flight that travels farther than I intended. Will having a higher cor low on the face make this miss worse?

Thanks for your time.
[/quote]

[b]The Speed Pocket will help a shot low on the face to maintain ball speed and produce a higher launch angle. This will allow your thin shots to perform more like a center face shot. But a shot off the leading edge will always be inconsistent... sorry! [/b]

[b]- BW[/b]

[quote name='Cooper' timestamp='1351170934' post='5843435'] What is the difference in distance between the burner 2.0, rocketbladez and the rocketbladez tour? [/quote]

The main difference in the RocketBladez will be the higher launch, steeper angle of descent and overall more distance. The RocketBladez 6-iron will be about a club longer than Burner 2.0. A RocketBladez Tour 6-iron would be a couple yards shorter than Burner 2.0, but will deliver the exact distance more often over a much larger area of the face.

-ST

[quote name='hawgjaws' timestamp='1351167974' post='5843269']
Currently playing the R11 irons and was wondering how the rocketbladz will compare distance wise and would they be more or less forgiving.
[/quote]

[b]RocketBladez will definitely be longer and more forgiving than R11 irons. Hope you get a chance to check th[/b][b]em out! - GG[/b]

[quote name='Mizunofan99' timestamp='1351178509' post='5844037']
Will these irons help a senior golfer considering the lack of swing speed and power to take advantage of this technology? By the way, absolutely love the look of the new iron!!
[/quote]

Glad you love the look of the irons! Happy to say that because of the incorporation of the Speed Pocket into the RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons, all players will experience the benefit of the added speed that the clubface promotes. There is not a certain swing speed threshold that “activates” the trampoline effect, persay; rather, the clubs are designed to increase ball speed for players of all abilities.

Thanks for the question.

- BB

[quote name='the_saint_siwa' timestamp='1351172046' post='5843491'] Dear Taylormade, One of my main concern when it comes to iron is feel. How’s the speed pocket or the slit affecting the feel? Throught out the play, obviously sand, grass and soil will stuck in it. How would that affect the feel? Is it difficult to clean the pocket? [/quote]

That is a really good question and feel was a major area of concentration for us in the development of these irons. Typically clubs with very thin faces offer unique challenges for us in design as it relates to feel. With the addition of the Speed Pocket it frankly brought that challenge to a new level. We spent a lot of engineering time and resources internally and with outside companies to ensure that the feel of these irons would be spectacular. With the design and engineering of the back cavity badge as well as the 3M source polymer that we used to fill the Speed Pocket, we are confident that we are delivering to golfers a feel that is unmatched.

-ST

[quote name='Tiwedge' timestamp='1351179304' post='5844133']
I currently have a RBZ Tour 2H and I love it. I do not normally take a dig divot when I swing this club, but sometimes I notice that the "Speed Pocket" gets full of grass and dirt post swing.

My question in regards to the RocketBlades Irons is..."will the Speed Pocket on the Irons act as a scoop and fill with grass/dirt and compromise my distance/ball flight, when I take a healthy divot with these irons?"

I am looking forward to the answer...as I am shopping for a new Christmas Gift..

Cheers!

Patrick HENNESSY
[/quote]

The Speed Pocket is filled with polyurethane in the 3- thru 7-irons and will not be influenced by dirt or debris. Thanks for the question.

- BB

[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1351177571' post='5843951'] Will this new technology in the tour irons help some one like me that has a tendency to de-loft my irons get a better trajectory? Thx Taylormade and Golfwrx [/quote]

[b]Absolutely, the speed pocket along with the lower center of gravity will promote a higher trajectory. -BB[/b]

[quote name='RACMB's&TP's' timestamp='1351167075' post='5843227']
Iron play is all about consistency and distance control. How does the design of this iron accomplish distance gains throughout the set while eliminating the "freakishly longer" than normal shots that could result from such a hot face design? Example, if I go from hitting my old 6 iron 175 consistently to 180 in the RocketBladez with the same loft/shaft that is great, but I don't need it to go 190 if hit on a certain hot spot of the face, etc.

Beautiful clubs (tour version..)!
[/quote]

[b]The consistency of these irons is achieved by the Speed Pocket, ICT, and optimally placed CG. All of these factors contribute to produce less ball speed drop-off from center to the edges -- without the hot spots that we saw previous high COR irons. so that's good news... the new technology allows you to not only be faster but faster in a larger sweet spot. [/b]

[b]- BW[/b]

[quote name='moonshine' timestamp='1351179993' post='5844211']
As a low hdcp golfer playing more than 25 years, how would you sell the new tour iron to a person hung up on traditional looks? Thanks, always enjoy your Q&A!
[/quote]

All you have to do is try RocketBladez Tour and you’ll discover how fantastic they feel and how responsive and workable they are. That’s in addition to the long, high flight and soft, quick-stopping landings.

Thanks for your question.

- BB

[quote name='bluesmp4' timestamp='1351119018' post='5841187']
It seems as if there is an undercut cavity, and then the speed slot, how does the speed slot still affect the face of the club since there is already a gap between the back of the face and the speed slot section?
[/quote] [b]The Speed Pocket is the next technology [/b][b]to make an iron-face more flexible and compliant, resulting in higher COR to promote more ball speed. A thin face alone flexes around boundary points at the bottom of the face and its perimeter. An iron with a thin face and deep undercut begins to flex around the leading edge. Now, with the addition of a pocket behind the undercut, the structure can flex even more as greater deflection occurs due to compression of the slot. All three features work together to create a chain reaction that further increases the face’s flexibility. [/b]

[quote name='Clubho25' timestamp='1351173065' post='5843561']
[size=5][sub]Another amazing product from TM.[/sub]

[sub]My question is have you reached the "max limits" for iron technology much like you "maxed" the COR on the RBZ FW or have you left some room for improvment? [/sub][/size]
[/quote]

[b]We've very close to the USGA limit but we're always learning new things and will continue to innovate. Thanks for the question.[/b]

[b]- BW[/b]

[quote name='Hendu24' timestamp='1351179331' post='5844135'] With the club head being adjustable, how will this affect club repair and shaft replacement? Second question is, will we be seeing the adjustable heads on wedges as well? Thank you! [/quote]

[b]These clubs are not consumer adjustable, we have made them easier for clubmakers to alter lofts and lies. This applies to the wedges in RBladez as well. -BB[/b]