LIVE ROCKETBLADEZ Q&A with TaylorMade! Thursday, Oct. 25 1-3PM ET! Win RBLADEZ TOUR IRONS!

HipCheck

When I see where the slot was placed and the increased sweet spot I think of the TourStriker's aim of forcing you to trap that ball at impact very similar to Sergio Garcia. Was Sergio and/or the TS part of the inspiration for the design; to create a larger (more forgiving) area when striking down on the ball?

Another: what was the rationale for creating the separate pieces for adjusting loft/lie--production cost savings going with a cast versus forged model?

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play mainly Taylormade clubs now and am still playing my older set of original RAC LT's. Are the Rocketbladez going to be a set with similar feel and forgiveness? I've had a hard time finding an iron with the feel, forgiveness and workablity of the LT's. Are the Tour's getting a good response in terms of a soft feel?

SLDR 430 10.5* Fujikura Pro TS 73 X
RBZ Stage 2 14.5* Rip Phenom 80 Tour X
RBZ Stage 2 18.5* Rip Phenom 100 Tour X
Cleveland 588 CB 3-PW DGX100
Cleveland 588 Forged 54 58
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

What design features have been implemented to ensure there is not a distance/performance gap between the 7-iron with a slot and 8-iron without? I would be concerned the slot would lead to a very "hot" 7-iron and leave a large distance gap to the 8 iron.

Nike Covert Tour w/ Accra Tour Z 65
TM RocketBallz Stage 2 w/ Accra LT70
Adams Dhy 18 w/ Nunchuk
Nike VRS Forged 4-GW, DGX100
TM ATV Wedges 56* and 64*
Odyssey Black Tour #2

I know alot of this technology came from your RBZ (Rocket Ballz) line but did your partnership with CCM give any insight to this technology as well because you did something very similiar with the blade of the hockey stick and the speed slot in the new Rocketbladez Irons. Isnt the stick also called Rocket bladez as well?

Thanks

Few questions. Are these forged? Are there custom fitting options? Will a 3 iron be available? I follow Taylor Made Europe on Twitter and have noticed there are Taylor Made fitting centers in the UK. Are there any of these in the US and if so where? I saw KBS listed as a shaft provider for these irons. Any other shaft options available? Thanks for the Q&A and giveaway. Not gonna lie I would love to have a set of these. I can always use extra distance and consistency. Keep up the good work. I also follow @charlietour and love his commentary.

[quote name='Lefty66' timestamp='1351095893' post='5839267']
[list]
[*]I am interested to know why the tour irons are not offered in left hand? Will this change in the future?
[/list]
[/quote]

I second this question. Please show the lefty love. After my recent r11s purchase, I'm considering going all TM with my next set!

Is that notch on the hosel of the Tour version for lie adjustment purposes?

Also - it looks like the AW to the set is a completely different design than the rest of the clubs - any comments on that?

Thanks!

Thanks Golf WRX and Taylormade for this opportunity! My question is why isn't the Speedslot design incorporated to the 8-pw? Seems like if the technology is as good as it is touted to be, that it would be beneficial to have them in the scoring irons as well. Does the speedslot effect distances of flushed iron shots on the center of the sweetspot, i.e. more distance than one is used to? Lastly why were the clubs not forged? I feel like a lot of good players and tour players prefer the feel and feedback of a forged iron, and it offers more adjustability in loft and lie.

Thanks again for the opportunity to take part in this great giveaway!

Kenny

Thanks again for fielding our questions!

According to the DARRELL SURVEY's - TaylorMade had successfully moved to the number two position into the PGA CHAMPIONSHIP and BARCLAY's. I would think this ranking was a huge PLUS for TaylorMade - who has traditionally dominated the DRIVER count (last year the FAIRWAY count as well). Do you anticipate moving up in the IRON count to the first position with the addition of ROCKETBLADEZ? Also - do you think you will capture the interest/bags of non-TMAG contract players who do not currently have a iron contract?

ryan

[b]TMBob[/b] here,

My question is concerning [b]spin[/b] and the selection of [b]KBS Tours[/b] with your new irons, [b]RocketBladez Tour Model w/Speed Pocket Technology[/b]

I hearing how the touring pro are flat out [b]gassed[/b] over the increased distance [b]WITH[/b] the consistent distance control (total break thru in technology) that the new slot technology in these irons are producing.

I would love to hear how the [b]spin[/b] came into play in order to gain distance, yet still have a constant distance factor to them as most associate to much spin with less distance, or to little spin that produces the dreaded flyer.

Can you please explain how all this works together to be able to achieve both more distance and consistent distance control?

Was the [b]spin[/b] higher or lower then, let's say the [b]RBZ [/b]iron or any other i[b]nverted cone technology[/b] iron?

My other question is,

[b]KBS Tour[/b] was the shaft of choice to be the stock offering for the [b]New RocketBladez Tour Model[/b] I see....nice selection!

Please tell us how this came about and what characteristics about this shaft made it the shaft of choice over and how the two blended together better then, let's say C Tapers just to keep it all in the family sort speak? Or maybe even TT DGS which seems to the standard out on the tours.

Can you provide us with any Trackman info on the NEW[b] RocketBladez Tour Iron[/b] vs any of your current of pass offering?

Looking forward to you're answers and learning more about this ground breaking technology that you have introduced.

Does this mean that my[b] LT's, 2 sets of R7 TP, 2008 TP's and MC's[/b] will no longer needed?

Thanks for coming on to the #1 Golf Site on the Web, and thanks to [b]GolfWRX [/b]as always in having these types of Q&A's

[b]TMBob[/b]

In the tour irons it is said the technology used is to achieve a higher trajectory ball flight. On tour aren't most players trying to flight the ball, on a lower trajectory? Would high-flying irons not make this more difficult to achieve a lower trajectory? Also the sweet-spot is significantly larger...Would this not translate to more of the entire face feeling like a flushed shot? I could see this as being a problem on tour as most players want direct feedback knowing whether they hit it even minutely off the "dime" sized sweetspot of their current set up. I think this would make that feeling and feedback harder to achieve for top players. I am in no way trying to criticize the technology, I am just a humble golfer who wants to know whats behind the tech, and I genuinely appreciate the opportunity to have our questions answered!

Kenny

Thanks for taking the time to look through and answer questions TMAG. :)

My question revolves around the bendibility of the hosels to further match the club to a players perferred lie and club angle, specifically as to how the slot technology may be affected.

As you know, a simple bend in a club will change the bounce of the club and changing more than a degree, you may need to grind the sole. I've heard through the grapevine that the hosels were designed with future tuning in mind to get them to a players specific need.

What would happen to the slot if/when sole grinding may take place if/when the player needs to have their clubs bent to match their preferred swing/playing characteristics?

Thank you for your time!

--Keith Casey

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Will the RocketBladez Tour's have a grey and or matte finish? I have ATV & ZTP wedges as well as a Set of MB's and they seem to have a lot of glare; even though they have satin/matte finishes on the faces/hosel. At a bare minimum please don't release them with any chrome!

As others have wondered. Why no slot in the shorter irons and increase the inverted cone if they're too hot. I don't know about you guys, but I've thinned a wedge or two!

edit: Also: a lot of bounce and a leading edge grind does wonders to a players club for those of us divot takers. Learned this from playing irons designed by the legendary Don White

I love my RBZ Driver and 3 wood but have never found a set of Taylormade irons that suited me. My question is:

I was told by a few knowledgeable people that there is NO way the slot in your irons will stay free of dirt, sand or water especially when hit off muddy lies or wet sand etc. There is a reason why companies have not put slots in their irons for this reason. Are you guaranteeing that the slot will stay free from debris during a round?

Thanks. I look forward to seeing these clubs in person.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

For the recreational golfer who is considering a player's cavity, what advantages can you point us toward that might get us to consider the Rocketbladez over something like the Titleist AP2?

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

Regarding this launch, congrats on the innovation.  I like the concept but not the head size.  Will you be releasing a set geared more towards the low-cappers that mimics the A Wedge in this set throughout?  Thanks.

TM RBZ Tour 9.5 Fujikura TS Speeder 6.2
TM R11 13 Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
TM TP MB 2-PW Rifle 6.5
TM ATV 54 & 60 KBS Tour XS
Scotty Cameron Select 2.6

Thanks TM and Hip for allowing us the opportunity to ask about RocketBladez!

Do you think that with the increased trampolining effect that you will also see increased dispersion and side spin?

Secondly, do you feel that with the major improvements year over year in distance technology that this may lead to a push back by the PGA of America much like we saw with wedge grooves and we will probably see with belly putters? Courses are already struggling to become longer for the pro's to make them more challenging so do you see this coming to a head as you continue to push the envelope?

Btw..... I LOVE my Tour Issued R11s & My RBZ 3 wood and 4 Hybrid!! Thank you for continuing to lead the way in golf technology!!

Question for TaylorMade, hopefully not too long!

Yesterday, on the TM site, I asked why the Tour version won't be out until Feb and you said you are still working with your staff on the sole design so perhaps you haven't finalized everything. I noticed you are basing the set off a 47* PW. The problem I have with these increasingly lower loft PW's (despite the claim that the CoG requires less loft) is that I simply hit them too far. With a retail R9 TP and KBS Tour X shaft, I average about 155 to 160 with my PW (with the ability to hit it further if I have to, that's not a 100% swing), 125-130 with my 54* ATV and about 110 with my 60 ATV. As you can see, there's some big gaps - particularly between my PW and 54*.

Anyway, my question is what criteria and goals do you have when designing a set, and why are the lofts so strong, even in a players set? I've seen some of your tour pros resort to, for example, a 48* TM xft wedge bent weak and in the ATV wedges, you don't even make one anymore! I am planning to play the new Tour irons, but looking for a solution to my problem. THANKS!

PS, I'd really love to win one of those sets :D

How with the insert react in different temperatures? I'm curious if the consistency will fluctuate more than traditional designs from 40 degrees to 100 degrees which is a reality for those of us in the Great North:)

Callaway Rogue Driver HZRDUS Yellow
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood EvenFlow Blue
Callaway Rogue 5 Wood Atmos Red
Ping S55 4-P
Vokey 52
Taylormade Hi-Toe 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

With the additional speed and distance that is accomplished with the long irons, why not add a 2 iron into the set make up for order?

snl season 43 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Driver: :smilie_ping:G425 LST 9* ++ Fujikura Speeder 661 TR X-Flex

Fairway: :smilie_ping:G425 LST 14.5*++ Ping Tour 85 X-Flex

Hybrid: :smilie_ping:G425 3H Crossover 20* Ventus HB 9-TX

Irons: :smilie_ping:i59 4-PW Project X LS 6.5 +1/4" Red Dot

Wedges: :smilie_ping:Glide Forged Pro 50*, 54* & 60* (w/ WRX Grind)  KBS Tour S 120

Putter: :smilie_ping:Custom built PLD Anser D Prototype Patina Finish, Custom Paint Fill, 35.25" 2.5* 21* Lie

Bag: :smilie_ping:Hoofer Tour Stand Bag