2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

It's official: USGA, R&A propose anchor ban

zakkozuchowski

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1354124686' post='5990219'] [quote name='tv23' timestamp='1354124481' post='5990201'] :D i'm [b]happy[/b] because...[list] [*]traffic on the website i own, [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]www.dictionary.com[/url], is way up in the last hour. seems due to the keyword search [i]"bifurcation" [/i] [*]steve williams will make less money and nobody deserves less money than steve williams [*]i always thought it was cheating and am glad it's gone. i tried it for 1 round and was disgusted with myself. my head said it was within the rules, but my gut wanted to puke. this is the right move [*]i can't stand keegan bradley and webb simpson... and slightly off topic, but they both have male boobies which is a total juxtaposition on skinny dudes. [/list] :( i'm [b]sad [/b]because...[list] [*]it's delayed to 2016. put it in now. [*]my favorite golfer of all time, ernie els, will have a difficult time winning again. this hurts me (and the game of golf at large) [*]adam scott will be mediocre. once again. what a shame considering he has the best swing in golf [*]carl pettersson is a good dude, but he will suffer, and i don't like when good dudes have to suffer [*]kevin stadler may actually hurt himself if he has to use a short putter [/list] :angry2: i'm [b]angry[/b] because...[list] [*]i will have to listen to rich "bison-head" lerner, who is intolerable at the best of times, even when there is no controversy in the game [*]in general, dumb people make me angry. many amateurs and hacks alike think they have to abide by the new rule. they don't realize they can play with belly putters, old grooves, and non-conforming drivers. whatever helps you enjoy the game man. get over it. [*]i can't handle all the "bad back" stories and it's only been a few hours since the announcement. i'm the canadian version of fred couples, and add to that bad knees to boot..... but it would take a heck of lot more than aches and pains to keep me off the golf course. there's nothing else i'd rather be doing. doesn't anyone use alieve? [/list] [/quote] I'm ANGRY because... I won't get the 30 seconds of my life back for reading this dreck... [/quote]

firstly you read too slow if it took 30 seconds. thus you may be one of the "dumb people" i refer to in the post. fitting.
secondly, it's all true, thus it cannot be "dreck", which coincidentally has also spiked visits to [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]www.dictionary.com[/url]

cobra bio cell pro / diamana white 72x
nike covert 2.0 /15*/ grafalloy blue 75x
titleist 910h/18*/diamana 90x
wilson fg tour v2 / 3-pw / x100
ping hoofer / titleist prov1x
cameron studio stainless laguna 2.5

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im listening to the 'heads' try and explain why they decided to go this route... pretty sad.

Lol "so if its not an advantage, and you don't have imperical data supporting it"... just say we didn't like it, so we changed it.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1354124674' post='5990217']
[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1354123383' post='5990111']
Q. For a long putter that I use to anchor to my upper chest........ [b]If I anchor my upper hand to my loose shirt that I pull down tight around my neck, is that ok? This is then anchored to my shirt, NOT my body![/b]
[/quote]

still lookiing for a RULES DECISION!
Is this a legit workaround? :D
[/quote]

14-3 "Artificial Devices, Unusual Equipment and Unusual Use of Equipment"

Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not
use any artificial device or unusual equipment (see Appendix IV for detailed
specifications and interpretations), or use any equipment in an unusual manner:
a. That might assist him in making a stroke or in his play; or
b. For the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions that
might affect his play; or
c. That might assist him in gripping the club, except that:

(i) gloves may be worn provided that they are plain gloves;
(ii) resin, powder and drying or moisturizing agents may be used; and
(iii) a towel or handkerchief may be wrapped around the grip.

Exceptions:

1. A player is not in breach of this Rule if (a) the equipment or device is
designed for or has the effect of alleviating a medical condition,
(b) the player has a legitimate medical reason to use the equipment or
device, and (c) the Committee is satisfied that its use does not give the player
any undue advantage over other players.
2. A player is not in breach of this Rule if he uses equipment in a
traditionally accepted manner.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 14-3:
Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

[quote name='tv23' timestamp='1354125136' post='5990265']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1354124686' post='5990219'] [quote name='tv23' timestamp='1354124481' post='5990201'] :D i'm [b]happy[/b] because...[list] [*]traffic on the website i own, [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]www.dictionary.com[/url], is way up in the last hour. seems due to the keyword search [i]"bifurcation" [/i] [*]steve williams will make less money and nobody deserves less money than steve williams [*]i always thought it was cheating and am glad it's gone. i tried it for 1 round and was disgusted with myself. my head said it was within the rules, but my gut wanted to puke. this is the right move [*]i can't stand keegan bradley and webb simpson... and slightly off topic, but they both have male boobies which is a total juxtaposition on skinny dudes. [/list] :( i'm [b]sad [/b]because...[list] [*]it's delayed to 2016. put it in now. [*]my favorite golfer of all time, ernie els, will have a difficult time winning again. this hurts me (and the game of golf at large) [*]adam scott will be mediocre. once again. what a shame considering he has the best swing in golf [*]carl pettersson is a good dude, but he will suffer, and i don't like when good dudes have to suffer [*]kevin stadler may actually hurt himself if he has to use a short putter [/list] :angry2: i'm [b]angry[/b] because...[list] [*]i will have to listen to rich "bison-head" lerner, who is intolerable at the best of times, even when there is no controversy in the game [*]in general, dumb people make me angry. many amateurs and hacks alike think they have to abide by the new rule. they don't realize they can play with belly putters, old grooves, and non-conforming drivers. whatever helps you enjoy the game man. get over it. [*]i can't handle all the "bad back" stories and it's only been a few hours since the announcement. i'm the canadian version of fred couples, and add to that bad knees to boot..... but it would take a heck of lot more than aches and pains to keep me off the golf course. there's nothing else i'd rather be doing. doesn't anyone use alieve? [/list] [/quote] I'm ANGRY because... I won't get the 30 seconds of my life back for reading this dreck... [/quote]

firstly you read too slow if it took 30 seconds. thus you may be one of the "dumb people" i refer to in the post. fitting.
secondly, it's all true, thus it cannot be "dreck", which coincidentally has also spiked visits to [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]www.dictionary.com[/url]
[/quote]

In a slight reread of select thoughts, I was hoping for a bit of info that would suggest this was the actual work of an adult. Sadly, there is nothing there that would suggest that. Moreover, just because you feel it's true doesn't make it so, further reaffirming my belief that no adult would dare take credit...

I now know of a certain website I will not frequent, however. So you have that going for you...

By far the worse way of banning anchored putting.

You mean to tell me the Kuchar forearm style is not intentional anchoring but Belly and Long putters are?

Bogus, all 3 forms are anchored and cheating. Ban one, ban all. I say.

Also, what is with the notion that you can anchor forearms and elbows with short putter legally, but an anchored forearm or elbow against the body with a long putter is not legal. Same damn thing, different length putter.

I foresee the ban happening and do not anchor anymore but use a mid putter length and weight... That's fine...

But you have to ban it all. Forearm anchor has 8-10" worth of shaft/grip braced to the body taking out the hands.... Belly putting and long putting is 1" grip butt circumference. Totally bogus.

Same for allowing short putter body part anchoring, but deeming an anchored into the body elbow or forearm with a long putter illegal. BOGUS!

Rework the wording and ban it all USGA, otherwise you are picking on only a fraction of the anchored use. And more specifically the belly and long anchored users only.

The Kuchar style has to go with the belly, no if ands or buts.

I bet a lot of the long putter guys will go to the Kuchar method .. grip resting against forearm. I've tried it and it is does pretty much the same thing as anchoring the club.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

[quote name='Fatz' timestamp='1354125749' post='5990305']
By far the worse way of banning anchored putting.

You mean to tell me the Kuchar forearm style is not intentional anchoring but Belly and Long putters are?

Bogus, all 3 forms are anchored and cheating. Ban one, ban all. I say.

Also, what is with the notion that you can anchor forearms and elbows with short putter legally, but an anchored forearm or elbow against the body with a long putter is not legal. Same damn thing, different length putter.

I foresee the ban happening and do not anchor anymore but use a mid putter length and weight... That's fine...

But you have to ban it all. Forearm anchor has 8-10" worth of shaft/grip braced to the body taking out the hands.... Belly putting and long putting is 1" grip butt circumference. Totally bogus.

Same for allowing short putter body part anchoring, but deeming an anchored into the body elbow or forearm with a long putter illegal. BOGUS!

Rework the wording and ban it all USGA, otherwise you are picking on only a fraction of the anchored use. And more specifically the belly and long anchored users only.

The Kuchar style has to go with the belly, no if ands or buts.
[/quote]

When you anchor your elbow or forearm with a long putter you are creating a fulcrum, this isn't the case with a short putter and it has to "swing freely"

SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1354125572' post='5990297']
Q. For a long putter that I use to anchor to my upper chest........ [b]If I anchor my upper hand to my loose shirt that I pull down tight around my neck, is that ok? This is then anchored to my shirt, NOT my body![/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

device, and © the Committee is satisfied that its use does not give the player

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

There is NO unusual equipment being used.

"Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not
use [b]any artificial device or unusual equipment [/b](see Appendix IV for detailed
specifications and interpretations), [b]or use any equipment in an unusual manner[/b]:"

FAIL

NEXT?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1354126012' post='5990331']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

use [b]any artificial device or unusual equipment [/b](see Appendix IV for detailed
specifications and interpretations), [b]or use any equipment in an unusual manner[/b]:"

FAIL

NEXT?
[/quote]

Dude, it was a clever idea but....

4. Clothing (Rule 14-3)
Articles of clothing must not incorporate features:
• designed to assist the player with his alignment; or
• that might otherwise assist the player in making a stroke or in his play.

SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

[b]Note 1[/b]: The club is anchored “directly” when the player intentionally holds the club or a gripping hand in contact with any part of[u][i][b] his [/b][/i][/u]body, except that the player may hold the club or a gripping hand against a hand or forearm.

[b]Note 2[/b]: An “anchor point” exists when the player intentionally holds a forearm in contact with any part of [u][i][b]his[/b][/i][/u] body to establish a gripping hand as a stable point around which the other hand may swing the club.

Should this not be "their" ?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1354126134' post='5990347']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

FAIL

NEXT?
[/quote]

4. Clothing (Rule 14-3)
[/quote]

My clothing does not [b]incorporate[/b] any features that allow me to make a stroke....only using my clothing "as is"....

FAIL

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

FAIL

NEXT?
[/quote]

There is equipment being used in an unusual manner though.

Defn of Equipment - anything used, worn or carried by the player or anything carried for the player by his partner or either of their caddies,

Pulling your shirt tight around your neck in order to create an anchor would be using equipment in an unusual way. You aren't allowed to do this under the current rules. This new ruling doesn't change anything in that regard.

This ban was totally stupid. Did anybody see the way Mike Davis sounded so retarted in his interview on golf central? He totally changed stances in a year. He was on live tv and said that belly putters are not an issue to the future of the game and then today also on live tv said that they are. And now they are going to ban it because its more popular? Total bullxxxx in my opinion. He said its a rising trend in junior golf but when faced with the facts only 2% of juniors use a belly putter, and he has no statistical proof that belly putters help you putting. Only one player with a belly or long putter is in the top 20 in strokes gained putting. Mike Davis pretty much said they are banning it because they dont like it. I thought players taking legal actions was stupid but after hearing their response and reason of banning them I hope legal action is taken. They just looked like complete aholes on national tv and couldnt give a good reason as to why they are banning the putter other than the fact that they dont like it and it is too popular in junior golf.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

I'm guessing a lot of guys still have stabilisers on their bicycles. Jeez you are playing golf not storming Omaha Beach, grab a putter and play the game.

[color=#000080][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][b]Driver - Cobra Fly Z
Fairway - TM M2
Hybrid - Nickent 5DX
Irons - TM PSi 5-PW
Chipping things - Callaway MD3 50, 55,60
Putter - Odyssey MXM #7[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='ralvar' timestamp='1354126375' post='5990371']

Defn of Equipment - anything used, worn or carried by the player or anything carried for the player by his partner or either of their caddies,

Pulling your shirt tight around your neck in order to create an anchor would be using equipment in an unusual way. You aren't allowed to do this under the current rules. This new ruling doesn't change anything in that regard.
[/quote]

Len Mattice and Scott McCarron used to tuck their left sleeve into their arm pit during their swing, so it's not that cut and dry.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

FAIL

NEXT?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bingo. Clothing is considered equipment, and you would be using it unusually. You can do it all you like, but don't expect a score to ever count.

Now let's be done with this idea and move on.

SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1354126266' post='5990361']
[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1354126134' post='5990347']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

FAIL

NEXT?
[/quote]

4. Clothing (Rule 14-3)
[/quote]

My clothing does not [b]incorporate[/b] any features that allow me to make a stroke....only using my clothing "as is"....

FAIL
[/quote]BUT you would be INCORPORATING THE FEATURES OF YOUR CLOTHING to assist in your stroke.
For example: You're allowed to have a golf bag with you when you play. BUT if you place the golf bag in a place that reminds you not to swing too far inside, then you are using a legal bit of equipment to align yourself and aid your swing. THAT is against the rules.
Using a legal shirt to provide illegal aid is against the rule also.

The FAIL is yours.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1354125719' post='5990303']
[quote name='tv23' timestamp='1354125136' post='5990265']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1354124686' post='5990219'] [quote name='tv23' timestamp='1354124481' post='5990201'] :D i'm [b]happy[/b] because...[list]
[*]traffic on the website i own, [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]www.dictionary.com[/url], is way up in the last hour. seems due to the keyword search [i]"bifurcation" [/i]
[*]steve williams will make less money and nobody deserves less money than steve williams
[*]i always thought it was cheating and am glad it's gone. i tried it for 1 round and was disgusted with myself. my head said it was within the rules, but my gut wanted to puke. this is the right move
[*]i can't stand keegan bradley and webb simpson... and slightly off topic, but they both have male boobies which is a total juxtaposition on skinny dudes.
[/list]
:( i'm [b]sad [/b]because...[list]
[*]it's delayed to 2016. put it in now.
[*]my favorite golfer of all time, ernie els, will have a difficult time winning again. this hurts me (and the game of golf at large)
[*]adam scott will be mediocre. once again. what a shame considering he has the best swing in golf
[*]carl pettersson is a good dude, but he will suffer, and i don't like when good dudes have to suffer
[*]kevin stadler may actually hurt himself if he has to use a short putter
[/list]
:angry2: i'm [b]angry[/b] because...[list]
[*]i will have to listen to rich "bison-head" lerner, who is intolerable at the best of times, even when there is no controversy in the game
[*]in general, dumb people make me angry. many amateurs and hacks alike think they have to abide by the new rule. they don't realize they can play with belly putters, old grooves, and non-conforming drivers. whatever helps you enjoy the game man. get over it.
[*]i can't handle all the "bad back" stories and it's only been a few hours since the announcement. i'm the canadian version of fred couples, and add to that bad knees to boot..... but it would take a heck of lot more than aches and pains to keep me off the golf course. there's nothing else i'd rather be doing. doesn't anyone use alieve?
[/list]
[/quote] I'm ANGRY because... I won't get the 30 seconds of my life back for reading this dreck... [/quote]

[/quote]

In a slight reread of select thoughts, I was hoping for a bit of info that would suggest this was the actual work of an adult. Sadly, there is nothing there that would suggest that. Moreover, just because you feel it's true doesn't make it so, further reaffirming my belief that no adult would dare take credit...

I now know of a certain website I will not frequent, however. So you have that going for you...
[/quote]

ok bud. next you are going to call me an internet troll. you seem to like using that name. most of your posts on wrx are not even your own original thoughts. how big of you. it's easier for you to go around picking posts you disagree with and reply to them to create friction. so original. you may be classified as an adult because of your age, but you are no man. you are the definition of a weasel and a chump... with no sense of humour to boot.

a pattern with you... you've taken someone's post (an attempt at subtle humour in my case) and created something that makes you feel important, because someone will now engage with you in this ridiculous banter. it's because you're missing engagement and fulfillment in life, outside of your computer screen.

i can see you now, in your wrinkle free beige cotton dockers (think jeff maggert) all by yourself at the local muni wondering why you can't get a 4ball together and why you're always playing as a single. you must be a real barrel of laughs man. think about it chicago, you ever wonder why you nobody wants to grab a beer and shoot the breeze? lighten up pal. let people express themselves. you may end up sharing a laugh and making a few friends in the process. give up the "post patrol" badge. oh yeah, and buy some new pants.

cobra bio cell pro / diamana white 72x
nike covert 2.0 /15*/ grafalloy blue 75x
titleist 910h/18*/diamana 90x
wilson fg tour v2 / 3-pw / x100
ping hoofer / titleist prov1x
cameron studio stainless laguna 2.5

[quote name='gators78' timestamp='1354126603' post='5990397']

[/quote]

Len Mattice and Scott McCarron used to tuck their left sleeve into their arm pit during their swing, so it's not that cut and dry.
[/quote]

I'm sure there is a grey area, but I don't think the current discussion is grey. Len and Scott may be tucking their shirt in their armpit to give them a sense of connectedness, but the shirt doesn't prevent them from disconnecting. Pulling the shirt tight and anchoring the end of a putter to it certainly limits the putters top end movement and would not be considered legal (in this humble rules official's opinion).

Whatever the case, I think I'll have to time my next rules seminar to happen in 2016 cause this discussion will be fun...

Oh and GO GATORS!!!!

[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1354126698' post='5990401']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exceptions:

Disqualification.

In short, not gonna fly.
[/quote]

FAIL

NEXT?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bingo. Clothing is considered equipment, and you would be using it unusually. You can do it all you like, but don't expect a score to ever count.

Now let's be done with this idea and move on.
[/quote]

WE HAVE A DECISION......WINNER!

[size=5]All - which pro golfers' current stroke will be prohibited by this rule, when/if implemented? I've scrolled through 6 pages without seeing that mentioned. Can some motivated soul put together a list with pictorial for us to review? [/size]
[size=5]-Stimp[/size]

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black

Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black |U505 23° HZ Gen4 Black

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird 

[quote name='Openwater22' timestamp='1354122190' post='5990015']
[quote name='b0geyman' timestamp='1354114767' post='5989227']
Fellow USGA members: any support for a mass resignation unless they rescind this proposal? Let's pick a date.

And for the record I do not use an anchored putting stroke
[/quote]

I resigned when they butchered the groove ruling, but I'll spend the 30 bucks or whatever to rejoin so I can resign again to be part of a protest.
[/quote]
:clapping:

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='307golf' timestamp='1354127873' post='5990515']
[quote][size=5]All - which current professionals will now be prohibited by this rule?[/size][/quote]

This question is impossible to answer in a useful way.
[/quote]

I re-phrased it :rap:

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black

Ts2 19° HZ Smoke Black |U505 23° HZ Gen4 Black

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird 

[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1354128261' post='5990537']
[attachment=1434297:Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 8.56.31 AM.png][attachment=1434301:Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 8.56.03 AM.png]

Looks like discrimination against fat people. Can I file a suit for Americans with disabilities?
[/quote]

Why, does the rule effect your job?

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck