Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best $8.40 I've spent in a while.  2-9 Staffs, 1966 model.   These will clean up well.   Beautiful leather grips.        

I found a pristine set of BeCu ping eye 2 black dots with matching 3, 4, 5 and 7 woods for 50 AUD at a local thrift store. Couldn’t believe my luck as Aussie thrifting is usually horrible for golf cl

Picked up a set of Hogan Apex Plus Forged with the Apex 4 (stiff) steel shafts and Ben Hogan grips. Clubs are overall an 8 out of 10. Grips look good but feel slightly slick. can probably clean them,

Posted Images

Many years back, we were moving to another state. I had already started a new position and my wife and kids moved a few months later at the end of the school year. When our furnishings and household goods arrived, I was unboxing everything and I noticed my Cameron JAT putter had a $10 price tag on it. I asked my wife about it, and she said she had a garage sale to get rid of "junk". Fortunately, nobody made an offer on the JAT, so we are still married.

Many years back, we were moving to another state. I had already started a new position and my wife and kids moved a few months later at the end of the school year. When our furnishings and household goods arrived, I was unboxing everything and I noticed my Cameron JAT putter had a $10 price tag on it. I asked my wife about it, and she said she had a garage sale to get rid of "junk". Fortunately, nobody made an offer on the JAT, so we are still married.

WTH????

Soooooo glad that story had a happy ending!

But then again...I wish I had happened upon the garage sale! LOL!

I lost 3 , in mint condition TP Mills putters and a nice old Circa 62 to a garage sale under a very similiar situation.

I now keep quite a few clubs in my locked office closet.

Glad you didn't lose the JAT

Louisville Golf The Classic 50 series
Tommy Armour silver scot 986 tour
Mizuno Tzoid Pro ii  2 iron
Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW

SM5. 52*, 58*

Ping Anser 2 BeCu
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/

So I have not been able to thrift much lately but had time to stop by one goodwill today and there was absolutley nothing in the wedge,woods, or putter departments but I dug out this drop dead gorgeous SMT blade. I have never heard of this company or seen anything with this brand and I never buy single middle of the set irons but this one I could not pass up. This has to be one of the nicest irons I have ever seen, I looked high and low to see if I missed any others but this was the only one.

2ls8cia.jpg

2uyrg5e.jpg

dzv62f.jpg

I think there needs to be a rule that when someone posts a " Too Good to Be True " find they need to include photos or they are FULL OF CRAP !

Let's see the Photo Evidence Gentleman :pimp:

GOt tour issue callaway epic hybrid with handcrafted EvenFlow for less than 100 today at playitagain

Let's see it ....

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

Srixon ZX7 5-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20 50,  54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 

Ping G425 Max Driver Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70 Stiff
Ping G425 Max 3 Wood Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff
Ping G 25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

2015 OnOff Kuro Ions 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S 

So I have not been able to thrift much lately but had time to stop by one goodwill today and there was absolutley nothing in the wedge,woods, or putter departments but I dug out this drop dead gorgeous SMT blade. I have never heard of this company or seen anything with this brand and I never buy single middle of the set irons but this one I could not pass up. This has to be one of the nicest irons I have ever seen, I looked high and low to see if I missed any others but this was the only one.

2ls8cia.jpg

2uyrg5e.jpg

dzv62f.jpg

Dang that is a gorgeous looking iron. Definitely looks JDM to me. Would be sweet if you could get the whole set. Gotta let us know how soft they feel.

Bag as of June 2020 Driver - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 661 Evo 2 3w - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 757 Evo 2 Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff Irons - Mizuno MP-5 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 FLT Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 50/54/60 Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

2ls8cia.jpg

2uyrg5e.jpg

dzv62f.jpg

Dang that is a gorgeous looking iron. Definitely looks JDM to me. Would be sweet if you could get the whole set. Gotta let us know how soft they feel.

Not at all. They were a small component company that specialized in driver heads for the long drive crowd.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75

Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

2ls8cia.jpg

2uyrg5e.jpg

dzv62f.jpg

Yes after doing some digging it looks like SMT went out of business maybe around 2008-2009 also a Chicago Based company so makes it even more odd I have never heard of them, but did find the 3 and 7 iron for this set on Ebay and bought them and figure it may take me a few years to find all the clubs in a set but could potentially build a great looking iron set for less than 100 bucks.

Believe me I was shocked.

Bruh!!! How much did you end up paying for that gem?

Bag as of June 2020 Driver - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 661 Evo 2 3w - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 757 Evo 2 Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff Irons - Mizuno MP-5 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 FLT Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 50/54/60 Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

49343140_1071125096404251_5667037870502707200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=ae4c24f863c9b5bbc4ad173dd8af8f75&oe=5CD530A4

49389805_321314081812015_4105088303672328192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=782fffe08a8284341950d0a4e3d2d218&oe=5CD5E6CD

One of my all time favorite putters. I love the wear and patina on yours. Great buy!!!

Cobra L4V X 9* Diamana Red
TaylorMade V-Steel 18* Speeder 685
PRGR 200i 2 Hybrid

Mizuno MX17 3 and 4 Irons Exsar 70

Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2
Vokey Raw 50* Titleist Select
Vokey Satin 58* Titleist Select
TaylorMade TPA X
ProV1x/KSig

49343140_1071125096404251_5667037870502707200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=ae4c24f863c9b5bbc4ad173dd8af8f75&oe=5CD530A4

49389805_321314081812015_4105088303672328192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=782fffe08a8284341950d0a4e3d2d218&oe=5CD5E6CD

I got one of those in a set I bought out of a pawn shop probably 15 years ago and sold it for like $300 in Japan as I recall. For some reason back around that time that particular putter was extremely popular in Asia as I recall. I flipped the entire bag as I recall for a $500 profit (I can't recall all I pulled but it was a nice flip for a kid unemployed at the time).

I don't know if those putters still pull hard in Japan anymore but if you threw it on the Japan eBay page you might still get a nice flip on it. Nice find.

Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I made my first good find of the new year today, a set of Wilson Staff Gooseneck irons, 3 through Pitching Wedge. The pitching wedge is a a little worn on the sole and there is a ding in the 5 iron, otherwise they are in pretty good shape. The Chamois grips are still in good shape. I thought maybe I would spend a little less time stalking my Goodwill's this year. But it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to follow through with that.

2ls8cia.jpg

2uyrg5e.jpg

dzv62f.jpg

Yes after doing some digging it looks like SMT went out of business maybe around 2008-2009 also a Chicago Based company so makes it even more odd I have never heard of them, but did find the 3 and 7 iron for this set on Ebay and bought them and figure it may take me a few years to find all the clubs in a set but could potentially build a great looking iron set for less than 100 bucks.

I sold a set of the CB1's NIW last year. They pop up from time to time. Mike Tait was the owner and their driver heads were high quality. The 455DB (Deep Bore) was their flagship and a favorite in the Long Drive world. They have several others that will stand up to anything of their era and even today. Most notable characteristic was a grooveless face. Hurricane Golf and Diamond Tour (same entity) had some NOS for sale as components. Not sure if they still do. I know Mike coupled with Diamond Tour did co-design a couple new heads a few years ago, the SMT AF460 & the 455 V2. They're still selling to the best of my knowledge, wouldn't swear to it though. They also had some of the MB 4 & 5 iron heads, I do believe as well as a few of the CB1 & 2.

I made my first good find of the new year today, a set of Wilson Staff Gooseneck irons, 3 through Pitching Wedge. The pitching wedge is a a little worn on the sole and there is a ding in the 5 iron, otherwise they are in pretty good shape. The Chamois grips are still in good shape. I thought maybe I would spend a little less time stalking my Goodwill's this year. But it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to follow through with that.

I got that exact same set in immaculate condition last year at GW. I paid about $1.50 a club as I recall. I posted them in this thread http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry17548588

s-l1600.jpg

I still have them - they were just too pretty to let go for next to nothing. And I believe they are forged???...

Whatever the case, I got the full-swing yips a couple years ago and haven't played more than a 9 hole par 3 a few times two Summers back, didn't even play one round last year for the first time in my adult life. But just looking down at them makes me long for the days when I was a single-capper and decent ball striker.

But I don't know if I will ever golf again and I'm only 38 years old. Sad I know.

The 455DB (Deep Bore) was their flagship and a favorite in the Long Drive world. They have several others that will stand up to anything of their era and even today. Most notable characteristic was a grooveless face.

Pretty sure I got that exact same driver out a dumpster a year or two ago. I think I have it in the garage.

Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Picked up a cleveland tour action 588 53 degree for $3.99. Perfect tweener club for my minimalist bag.

Passed on a set of Mizuno T-Zoid Pros because it was missing the 6i. May check the ebay prices and come back in the morning.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5 ~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-WL, 60-V ~ Cleveland HB 11

Found a nice set of Maruman Conductor 42CX irons, 3-SW with odd unmarked green colored graphite shafts for $18 total.

Does anyone have any info on these? I know Maruman is a JDM brand, so I'll probably ask on that forum too.

Also, has anyone seen this type of graphite shaft before? I'll probably pull a grip off to see if there's any markings but I like the Victory cords that are on there.

Whoa! The Maruman forged were high end back in the 90’s! IIRC, Curtis Strange endorsed and played them toward the end of his career.

That shaft looks very similar to the Aldila Voodoo.

I think Laura Davies played Maruman for quite a few yrs too.

Cobra L4V X 9* Diamana Red
TaylorMade V-Steel 18* Speeder 685
PRGR 200i 2 Hybrid

Mizuno MX17 3 and 4 Irons Exsar 70

Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2
Vokey Raw 50* Titleist Select
Vokey Satin 58* Titleist Select
TaylorMade TPA X
ProV1x/KSig