Best Fitting Center in michigan

Wet Doggg

[quote name='dozer996' timestamp='1367541634' post='6961085']
The Tour Spec is sweet, my 2nd favorite shaft to the Blue Bullet.

G25 and Tour Spec 6.2 would be an awesome combination.
[/quote]
I went back today and hit the RFX with the 7M3 Black Tie X, and I am not man enough for that shaft. Nowhere near the numbers I saw with the stiff flex version (but the stiff brings the left miss into play). Then I went on to the G25 with the Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X. Man, that is a great combination! I think I was getting about 2800 spin, and ball speed around 164. The downside -- putting that shaft into the G25 turns it into a $700 driver. I was seriously considering doing it anyway, because I'm sick of searching for something that works, but Pete then had me try it out with the stock TFC Tour X, and I actually got slightly better numbers, and a little tighter dispersion (the differences were within the margin of error -- I basically saw the same performance from each combo). So, I pulled the trigger on the stock version. We ordered it at 45" long and digitally lofted to 8.5*. I'll probably play it in the -0.5* setting, so it'll play at 8.0*, which should knock a few more RPMs off of it compared to the effective 8.5* that I was hitting at the Pad.
It's just such a forgiving head that I'll be ok if it spins a little more but goes straight.
It probably won't be here in time for my Michigan AM qualifier in a week and a half, but hopefully it will arrive right around then.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a big relief to get better results for a lot less money. My biggest fear going into a fitting is that some $800 driver combo is going to give me unreal numbers. Sounds like a win win scenario. Good for your wallet and the scorecard.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

[quote name='itw419' timestamp='1367714782' post='6971612']
Must be a big relief to get better results for a lot less money. My biggest fear going into a fitting is that some $800 driver combo is going to give me unreal numbers. Sounds like a win win scenario. Good for your wallet and the scorecard.
[/quote]
Yeah, I was pretty shocked by 700 bucks. That's a $350 upcharge. Thinking about it, I'm not totally sure that can be right. I'm pretty sure I've seen that shaft for less than $300 with a Ping tip on eBay, and a shaft upcharge isn't usually the full retail price of the upgraded shaft (there's usually some subtraction of the cost of the stock shaft). I was prepared to hear something like $550, but I wasn't ready for $700.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1367715744' post='6971662']
[/quote]
Yeah, I was pretty shocked by 700 bucks. That's a $350 upcharge. Thinking about it, I'm not totally sure that can be right. I'm pretty sure I've seen that shaft for less than $300 with a Ping tip on eBay, and a shaft upcharge isn't usually the full retail price of the upgraded shaft (there's usually some subtraction of the cost of the stock shaft). I was prepared to hear something like $550, but I wasn't ready for $700.
[/quote]

Stock driver, pffft....you oughta turn in your membership now. LOL

Just kidding, I don't fault you one bit. I hit the TFC also, and thought it was a pretty good fit for that head as well!

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1367761309' post='6973508']
[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1367715744' post='6971662']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Stock driver, pffft....you oughta turn in your membership now. LOL

Just kidding, I don't fault you one bit. I hit the TFC also, and thought it was a pretty good fit for that head as well!
[/quote]
LOL -- at least it's the stock [i]Tour[/i] X, right? :ban:

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1367808618' post='6977112']
Stock Tour X is like a firm senior flex in a real shaft, no? :P
[/quote]
Hey, quit makin fun of seniors. No more cole slaw for you.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

I continue to get my best numbers with my G20 with TFC Tour S. It is a solid shaft and a wonderful head.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

I did some shaft testing this weekend with my 913. I have the VTS Tour SPX I was fitting for with my 910 and the stock Diamana D+ that came with my 913. I was happy that Titleist didn't change their adapter so you can mix and match shafts from the 910 line. After hitting about 25 balls with each shaft I was getting slightly better results with the stock Diamana.

I was ashamed to admit it on here, but after everyone else paving the way.....I am proud to say I am rocking a STOCK shaft in my new driver! :censored2:

915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
915F 15* Diamana White
915H 21* Diamana White 90
712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
Scotty Cameron GoLo
Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

I finally made it to Carls Golfland yesterday to do my fitting that was so generously offered to me by Carls. The Launch Pad is top notch. Everything from the couch and TV in the waiting area, the performance balls for fitting( ProV1, 20Xi etc.) and the extra large doors in the fitting bays was well thought out. I am not really in the market for any clubs other than a hybrid so thats where we started. Greg confirmed that the Nike Covert Tour with the stock Kuro Kage shaft is the hybrid for me. I liked the AMP but it just didnt work as well. The Adams Super hybrid is silly long. I was hitting it a lot farther than anything else. The fact that it doesn't fit the yardage gap I have and that it is so expensive made it easy to pass on. Since I wasn't really looking for anything else Greg had me hit some of the clubs in my bag and then do quick comparisons to see if I could do better than what i currently play. We started with my driver and quickly found that nothing was going to beat it. My ball speed was around 161 with a 12.5* launch angle. I was spinning it around 2600 RPM and carrying it 265 yards with a total distance around 291 yards. I tried the G25 and the Anser with a couple different shafts but my setup is great for me. The driver isn't leaving my bag anytime soon. I was hitting a couple different irons pretty well. I liked the Ping i20's quite a bit. The real surprise was the Callaway X Hot Pro irons. I am not a Callaway fan but these were legit. I was hitting them about 8 yards farther than mine on average. They looked and felt pretty solid also. I really have no plans on replacing my irons but these might make me think about it a little. Thanks again to Carls and Greg for this opportunity. They really did a nice job with the Launch Pad.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

• 2 months later...

Went to Carls Golfland today with my dad for his fitting. It is even better and worth every penny and every ounce of information learned. Thanks again to Pete (wonderbred2nded) at Carls

TM SLDR white 10.5 Matrix Black Tie
TM RBZ Tour 5 Wood
TM RBZ Tour 3 Hybrid
TM R11 True Temper
Odyssey Milled Collection #9 33.5"
Cleveland CG15 50/55/60

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a pure impact guy since Chris first started a while back and before launch pad was thought of. After playing with/ against Peter F in some Mi amateur events I may consider trying out Launchpad for my next fitting with mr farner. He helped me at Demo days a couple times in march and seemed to know his stuff.

Pete are you still hitting the covert with Ad BB?

USGA Handicap: +2 Fitting center: Pure Impact Golf Studio Low round in competition: 65 Low round with pals: 62 Golf Junkie, tinkerer, short game coach Born to golf