CHAT LIVE with True Temper & Callaway! Fri Jan 18 NOON ET!

HipCheck

[quote name='ram01002' timestamp='1358529361' post='6253491']
Question for you both . . . with aggressive groove technology and shafts like the spinner shaft, how close are spin rates to the pre-groove rule wedges?
[/quote]

[b]Our main design goal with the DG spinner wedge shaft was to achieve spin rates and launch angles that were comparable to pre-groove rule wedges. We definitely were able to bring a significant amount of the control back to the player with DG Spinner.[/b]

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='xHellsing' timestamp='1358381766' post='6242207']
Callaway: (the [b]BOLD [/b]part is the preffered choice :) )

What is the next thing in [b]driver[/b]/woods technology?
[b]Our competitors read this site too, so I am not going to tip our hand, but there is a lot more cool stuff coming.[/b]

What are you focusing on the most when you are improving your [b]drivers[/b]/woods?
[b]Again not telling our competitors, but longer and straighter is usually good. [/b]

Obviously we now have movable weights, shaft adaptors but which part of the driver head has deserved the most attention from you and where can you see future improvements beeing done?
[b]There is room for improvement in all of these parts of the driver.[/b]

What are the problems the engineers (did) encouter while designing new [b]drivers[/b]/woods?
[b]The biggest challenge is trying to make something better every year, but it's possible when you have a lot of smart people with great resources working on it full time. [/b]

What can we expect to see in a [b]driver[/b]/woods in 5 years - which field deserves the most attention and resources?
[b]Amazing products that will make the game even more fun.[/b]

[b]Sorry my answers are vague, but you are asking for the family jewels here.[/b]
[/quote]

One for True Temper....

Do you see the new PXv 52 working for someone with an aggressive transition?

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

For Callaway:

This isn't tech related. But XBOMB Badge related. Have you thought about setting up a site desicated to the XBOMB badge? Someone hits over 325 yards and the fill in a form with details of when and where. Like a Hole in One. And in return they get a badge.

For sure they whould have to be playing the XHOT or XHOTP. Now your going to say there could be phonies that fill in the form for the badges. Sure there will be. But the Golf Gods will punish them in return eventualy.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

[quote name='golfjuice' timestamp='1358530694' post='6253713']
Question for Callaway and TT Crew-

I would imagine your teams are collaborating to build Phil a new 3W to knock out his TaylorMade RocketBallz fairway wood. Noticed he still has it in the bag this week. What sort of 3W's are you building Phil?
[/quote]

If you look at the XHOT 3W offering, you'll notice that there's possibly a space in there for an incredibly deep, low launch, mini driver spec or SKU. THis is what Phil is wanting right now. And so...the plot thickens...

[quote name='stribs' timestamp='1358531370' post='6253851']
Callaway - If somone was holding a gun to your head :russian_roulette: and you had to choose between the RFX or XHOT...which one would it be????
[/quote]

Well, I would start with saying that I would choose the Xtreme as it is heavier and would hurt the gun holder more when I hit him with it. Secondly, I will say that I am playing the X Hot Driver and Luke is playing the RAZR Fit Xtreme. Best thing to do is get out and try all three of them and find the one that works best for you.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1358531977' post='6253979']

I would imagine your teams are collaborating to build Phil a new 3W to knock out his TaylorMade RocketBallz fairway wood. Noticed he still has it in the bag this week. What sort of 3W's are you building Phil?
[/quote]

If you look at the XHOT 3W offering, you'll notice that there's possibly a space in there for an incredibly deep, low launch, mini driver spec or SKU. THis is what Phil is wanting right now. And so...the plot thickens...
[/quote]

I will take back the Manti Te'o comment if this comes to market . . .

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1358531613' post='6253911']
For True Temper: For someone that is looking toward moving towards moving into the C-Taper shaft, what is comparable to this made by TT? Also, do you see a successful to the ever popular Dynamic Gold series, which seems to have been on Tour forever. Thx!
[/quote]

Give standard Project X a try. That would be the closest in regard to overall grip and tip stiffness. Do yourself a favor and do a side by side comparison of the two shafts before you make your decision.

WITB

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1358531628' post='6253917']
I'm not sure if player's automatically default into Dynamic Gold or not, but as far as the transition into something else, it is completely random. Sometimes we see players switch into something that is so far removed from what they were currently playing that it defies logic. I will say that in most cases players will ultimately come back to Dynamic Gold if they used it at some point in the past.
[/quote]

Yes! so very true. I wish I had some of the money back that I'd spent trying other steel shafts in my irons. I've tried them all, only to settle in (for good now) with Dynamic Gold. I learned that the grass is not in fact greener... it's just Dynamic Gold!

Titleist.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1358531977' post='6253979']

[/quote]

[/quote]

OHHHHH BOY!!!!!!!!!! I've wanted a company to do this for a while now.

Post of this thread IMO

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

[quote name='the.landshark' timestamp='1358532146' post='6253997']
[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1358531628' post='6253917']
I'm not sure if player's automatically default into Dynamic Gold or not, but as far as the transition into something else, it is completely random. Sometimes we see players switch into something that is so far removed from what they were currently playing that it defies logic. I will say that in most cases players will ultimately come back to Dynamic Gold if they used it at some point in the past.
[/quote]

Yes! so very true. I wish I had some of the money back that I'd spent trying other steel shafts in my irons. I've tried them all, only to settle in (for good now) with Dynamic Gold. I learned that the grass is not in fact greener... it's just Dynamic Gold!
[/quote]

totally agree

[quote name='Will Par' timestamp='1358465290' post='6248885']
I would like to ask both Callaway and True Temper how they use computer technology and the laws of physics to design clubs and shafts that offer added distance and accuracy.
[/quote]
We use computer technology in everything we do designing our golf clubs, for our CAD models, Industrial Design, Finite Element Analyis, Performance Analysis, Measurement Capabilities... We use an understanding of the Laws of Physics to design better performing products, we are governed by them.

[quote name='Aced' timestamp='1358529580' post='6253527']
First off, thank you Callaway and True Temper for taking the time to answer our many questions. While my question is not equipment related, I was hoping either company could take the time to answer it. I live in Southern California which is where several prominent golf companies, including Callaway, are headquartered. I’ve always dreamed about working in the golf industry because of my love for the game, and as I’m about to graduate as an undergrad with a business degree, I’ve been contemplating my options after college. I can’t shake the idea that I want to work in the golf industry. Besides having a passion for golf, what skills are necessary for breaking into and being successful in the industry as a recent college graduate? Also, are there any internships available to college students or graduates? Again, thanks for your time.
[/quote]

We're based in Memphis, but you're definitely in the middle of the action. There's no subsitute for getting your resume in the hands of the people that matter. if you want to get in this business do whatever it takes. Hand deliver your resume, make phone call after phone call...show how much it means to you. We're a small, cottage industry and we all get to know each other very well. I wish you all the best!

WITB

Thanks everyone for joining us on the chat and for all the great questions and a big thanks to Luke and Jason at Callaway.

We are really excited about the new X Hot driver and PXv shaft and it is great to see all the excitement from the Golfwrx community. Golfwrx will be doing the random drawing for the three driver winners later today so check back for that.

WITB

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1358531955' post='6253977']
For Callaway:

This isn't tech related. But XBOMB Badge related. Have you thought about setting up a site desicated to the XBOMB badge? Someone hits over 325 yards and the fill in a form with details of when and where. Like a Hole in One. And in return they get a badge.

For sure they whould have to be playing the XHOT or XHOTP. Now your going to say there could be phonies that fill in the form for the badges. Sure there will be. But the Golf Gods will punish them in return eventualy.
[/quote]

We will have details to share soon on a program for you all to be a part of the XBomb program and it will not disappoint. Be on the lookout next week for a dedicated website on the program where you will be able to follow the progress of #TeamCallaway and the bombs they are hitting. Let's just say the bags will be filling up quickly.

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1358530608' post='6253703']
For Callaway: Any chance of a LH version of the X Utility? PLEASE SAY YES.
[/quote]

I second that! Apologies if its already been brought up before.

On another subject for the Cally guys, will there be an upcharge for the new Project Xv Tour 52 shaft in the X Hot Pro Driver?
I love the shaft, so well done on that True Temper! Awesome job!

callaway,

although my question isn't necessarily club related, what factors should the average consumer take into consideration when choosing a Callaway Golf ball?
Are the thought processes and deciding factors the same when choosing Golf Clubs?

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1358532382' post='6254019']
Thanks everyone for joining us on the chat and for all the great questions and a big thanks to Luke and Jason at Callaway.

We are really excited about the new X Hot driver and PXv shaft and it is great to see all the excitement from the Golfwrx community. Golfwrx will be doing the random drawing for the three driver winners later today so check back for that.
[/quote]

Thanks for the time today and letting us share information with you on our great new products. Luke and I will continue to keep an eye on the thread and answer as many of the questions as we can. Good luck to everyone this golf season and be sure to get out and try all of our new exciting products.

Thanks for the opportunity to quiz you about your new products....

I note that the graphite shaft options for the Extreme only includes a Project X 6.0 or 6.5.

Many of us have much slowere swing speeds, yet want to stay with Project X shafts....Why don't you include P X 5.0 & 5.5 shafts?

Cobra King LTD driver @12* w/Paderson Kinetix Green IMRT shaft
Cobra Bio Cell 3-4W - 16*
Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid - 19*
Cobra King F6 4-GW w/Matrix Red Tie graphite
Bellum Winmore 707 Putter 33"
Snell MTB & Bridgestone B330RX

Thanks to Callaway and TrueTemper for making this happen!! Great seeing you guys on here..!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1358529564' post='6253521']
[quote name='3 piece' timestamp='1358344396' post='6238639']
[sub][sub][size=2]Tru Temper [/size][/sub]: Does weight distribution in the head of the club affect shaft design? Or is it just total head weight that matters?[/sub]
[/quote]

More total headweight than distribution within the head on woods and irons. The only exception is with bent putters where cg of the head affects the required bend to achieve face balancing.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I guess it wouldn't make much sense to have an adjustible driver that can somewhat negate the benefits of the chosen shaft.