2013 PGA Show: Titleist and FootJoy Photos

GolfWRX

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so much hate for the FJ shoes.... they are trying a light weight style bc thats what all you guys want... Go check their website and look at the tons of other shoes they have before you write off the company. New FJ Sport Spikeless look awesome and are with the trend I believe.

Sweet clubs as always from Titleist. I already have the driver and its great, I'd recommend it to anyone!

I have to agree on the FJ's, they look like Doctor Frankenstein put them together. I get they are trying to compete with the athletic casual look, these however seem to be a fail in my eyes.

Titleist irons have always looked "classy" to me, and these are no different...love em!

See ya on the green....Kadin

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

Well, as a fan of minimalist running shoes (which are far from traditional looking...especially Five Fingers), I don't mind the shoes. That being said, I'd still way rather have my old FJ Classic Saddles...even better, the Classic Professional shoes. REALLY miss those. Doesn't really matter anyway...ever since FJ started making the toes more pointed (like Adidas) they haven't fit me. I've transitioned over to a couple styles of Ecco, and am as happy as the manufacturers will now allow me to be.

I'm not crazy about the "baseball" like stitching, but aside from that they look pretty stylish. They will go way better with shorts that most traditional golf shoes. Can't wait to try them.

PING G400 LST - Hzrdous Yellow X-Stiff
Titleist 910H (17, 21, 24)
Titleist 718 T-MBs (5 - PW)
Vokey SM7 Jet Blacks (50, 55, 60)
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
Titleist ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree, the days of wearing the old saddle style dress shoes with shorts is trending out style wise for the club member. Athletic style shoes are on the way in. Tiger was one of the leaders in this trend with his minimalist light shoe. The FJ site still has many options for those who still want the heavier shoes... Icons, XPS-1 etc. But Tiger, Fred Couples, Justin Rose, Ryan Moore and Matt Kuchar are just a few of the pros going sporty light. If the FootJoy M is priced right and holds up, it should do OK. Choices are good as compared to 10 years ago.

[quote name='Ballhound' timestamp='1360502183' post='6398853']
Have to agree, the days of wearing the old saddle style dress shoes with shorts is trending out style wise for the club member. Athletic style shoes are on the way in. Tiger was one of the leaders in this trend with his minimalist light shoe. The FJ site still has many options for those who still want the heavier shoes... Icons, XPS-1 etc. But Tiger, Fred Couples, Justin Rose, Ryan Moore and Matt Kuchar are just a few of the pros going sporty light. If the FootJoy M is priced right and holds up, it should do OK. Choices are good as compared to 10 years ago.
[/quote]

I [b]NEVER[/b] thought I would agree with this, but you are absolutely correct. I am a die hard Classics guy, and I'm not even carrying the Dry Joys in my shop this year. Can't sell them. :-( We killed them with comfort last year, and sporty styles are all folks want in the higher end. It's all about Contour Casuals and M Project in my shop this year...

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1360502690' post='6398873']
[quote name='Ballhound' timestamp='1360502183' post='6398853']
[/quote]

I [b]NEVER[/b] thought I would agree with this, but you are absolutely correct. I am a die hard Classics guy, and I'm not even carrying the Dry Joys in my shop this year. Can't sell them. :-( We killed them with comfort last year, and sporty styles are all folks want in the higher end. It's all about Contour Casuals and M Project in my shop this year...
[/quote]

NO DRY JOYS!!!! Hope that doesn't spread cause that's all I wear. I've seen the M's up close at our club and not feeling them visually yet.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist 915F 15* (set 16.5*)Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist 904F 19* YS6 
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM8
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2018 35”
Tiltleist 14 Cart Bag, Memphis Tigers
Titleist Pro V1