2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Scotty Cameron - Table Rock Golf Photos

GolfWRX

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1359118715' post='6294909']
Thanks GolfWRX! I look forward to this thread every year. The habitual, canned, hateful posts can't even ruin this one for me. :-)

In particular, the putters with the darker finish, and contrasting silver inserts really have my attention. It looks like the inserts were milled seperately from the face which adds even more contrast. LOVE IT!!!
[/quote]

So, all critical comments of any type are considered hateful?

I'll just say that for me, I prefer the Cameron putters of the mid to late 90's( especially 1998). These just have "too much" going on for me. But, obviously the marketplace feels differently and these will sell like hotcakes.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really much prefer some of the older Cameron's, but I do like the 009s posted here, as well as the above mentioned group shot and the weld-neck 1.5 style super rat. If had my choice out of this group of putters posted, personal favorite would be the DBAP.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1359128641' post='6295893']
Thanks GolfWRX! I look forward to this thread every year. The habitual, canned, hateful posts can't even ruin this one for me. :-)

In particular, the putters with the darker finish, and contrasting silver inserts really have my attention. It looks like the inserts were milled seperately from the face which adds even more contrast. LOVE IT!!!
[/quote]

[b]So, all critical comments of any type are considered hateful?[/b]

[/quote]

LOL

Absolutely not. If you read the first few posts in this thread, or have read any of my posts in the past, I'm very surprised you are taking that tone with me.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[/quote]

I'll just say that for me, I prefer the Cameron putters of the mid to late 90's( especially 1998). These just have "too much" going on for me. But, obviously the marketplace feels differently and these will sell like hotcakes.
[/quote]

BTW, my personal tastes mirror yours to a large extent...

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='smackygolf' timestamp='1359128464' post='6295873']
Who is more insecure--the guy buying the putter, or the DB whining in a golf thread about the guy buying the putter? I love these threads. I love whining. I love the holier than thou approach by the hoards. Makes me laugh every year.
[/quote]

Every YEAR!

Thanks for the pics, the Table Rock booth is always my favorite thread to open from the PGA show. Really cool putters!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='acy32281' timestamp='1359090556' post='6294149']
[quote name='Palooza' timestamp='1359089684' post='6294061']
feel sorry for the people who spend money on these over priced goods.
[/quote]

You shouldn't. These NEVER decrease in value.
[/quote]

PM me ... I have some great businees ideas you might be interested in. :D

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1359129301' post='6295957']

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

Absolutely not. If you read the first few posts in this thread, or have read any of my posts in the past, I'm very surprised you are taking that tone with me.

Kevin
[/quote]

Sorry Kev...I got ya. It doesn't surprise me that we have the same taste..since we're around the same 'vintage'. LOL

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Ping 410 7 wood

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

I'm not sure why, but I really like the quasi-industrial look of the Knucklehead. Maybe it's the contrast between the neck and the head?

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

I think these are awesome. Some are a little ridiculous, (like that swervey neck think w/ the bubble type patter) but most are great. I love those twisty necks. I also think people should a be a little less jealous of the people who buy them. I'll never have that kind of money to spend on a putter but that doesn't mean I'm going to disparage those who can. Just the fact that the complainers are on WRX leads me to believe if they had the opportunity to buy one they would. I know if I was rich enough, I'd be first in line. Those are awesome putters. My only concern would be some of them are almost too nice to play w/. I would hate to get a rock chip on one of those $16k putters. Anyway, beautiful work Scotty! I don't much like a lot of your putters which are quite overrated but some are great and these are the cream of the crop. I like that people are spending money on these and not stupid watches or something. It's much better to spend it on golf. It creates interest. Just like I'm not mad at the guy in my town who has a Bentley, 2 Ferraris and Lamborghini and a BMW, it encourages passionate, cool cars to continue production, just like this encourages Cameron to make awesome putters. I like it.

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1359098811' post='6294487']
[quote name='acy32281' timestamp='1359090556' post='6294149']
[quote name='Palooza' timestamp='1359089684' post='6294061']
feel sorry for the people who spend money on these over priced goods.
[/quote]

You shouldn't. These NEVER decrease in value. These putters are a great investment. Most are worth $1,000 more on eBay as soon as you buy them. Plus, if you have money for a $14,000 putter, you're rich. Don't feel sorry for them.
[/quote]

I think a better statement would be "they haven't decreased in value YET".

Sure they're cool, but I don't see the long term value in them as far as investments go, in fact I see the opposite, I see the bottom falling out of this market eventually and a lot of people who "invested" $14,000 in a putter are going to be holding the bag.
[/quote]

I don't see that happening. Unlike Beanie Babies, putters have actual usefulness. You can take it out onto the golf course and use it, and some people would probably think (foolishly) that they putt better with an expensive putter. There is also a certain amount of bragging rights when you show up at your private country club with a $10k putter in your bag, it is like having a hot wife, only cheaper lol

As long as Cameron and Titleist remain the leaders in putter design the value of their putters will continue to increase. They are not similar to Beanie Babies, I would say they are more similar to vintage Rolex's.

Also, some old equipment becomes obsolete over time (old drivers, old balls, etc), but the anser-style putter has remained pretty much the same for many many years. We aren't going to see a sudden change in putter technology that'll make Scotty's putters obsolete.

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
TEE XCG7 15*
Srixon Z545 4-PW
Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
John Byron DaleHead 2

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1359131466' post='6296173']

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

Kevin
[/quote]

Sorry Kev...I got ya. It doesn't surprise me that we have the same taste..since we're around the same 'vintage'. LOL
[/quote]

I hate that these threads can be so divisive. ALL of us would have a blast sitting down and talking golf clubs and would be good friends. I am probably more guilty of being too defensive than others are of being too aggressive. :-)

Cheers my friend.

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

i wonder how much the OTR Laguna with the black finish and yellow paintfill was selling for?

haven't seen a Laguna with a black finish in OTR before.

917 D2 w/Diamana S+ 60g
Titleist 917F 15* w/Tour AD Di
Titleist 718 AP2s
Adams PNT v1 18* and v2 22*
Vokey SM5 46*
Vokey Cold Forged 52/10
Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 56/08
Vokey TVD 60*
SC 009 Triple Skulls 350g

Some of them aren't my cup of tea, but I respect that he goes out and tries to create extravagant pieces, those that push the envelope. Of course not everyone is gonna like it, heck some people are going to hate it for no reason, but I like the fact that he tries to make something completely different for those who might.

BBC Twisty=Dream stick

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

Scotty and TableRock must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't have this kind of money and would not buy ANY putter for 16k but to each his own I guess.

I would just like to know how long it takes Scotty to make one of these 16k pieces, apart from twisting a piece of metal a couple of times (Twisty), doing an average weld job and stamping his initials in the face it must be about 1h / putter max. Pretty decent hourly wage

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1359134022' post='6296441']
[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1359131466' post='6296173']

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

Kevin
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hate that these threads can be so divisive. ALL of us would have a blast sitting down and talking golf clubs and would be good friends. I am probably more guilty of being too defensive than others are of being too aggressive. :-)

Cheers my friend.
[/quote]

The same to you Brother. :drinks: And I agree....sitting down eating BBQ and having a beer, you wouldn't have the nonsense that happens on a message board. And I hate that sometimes[b] I[/b] contribute to that instead of contributing to a great equipment discussion.

Anywho...Some cool new putters there for all of the Cameron fans. Does anyone have any idea as to how the Wilson putter fits in?

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Ping 410 7 wood

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1359118665' post='6294903']
Oh and btw, for those that say these people are "rich" and it doesn't matter To them, if i was "rich" blah blah blah... I make this kind of piss-away money but I invest it much differently. It's not what you make, it's what you keep.
[/quote]

Don't use this forum to try and sway people's investment decisions or to proclaim how rich you are, it makes you sound pretty damn conceded..."I make this kind of 'piss-away' money".....good for you, "but I invest it much differently"....good for you...there are wayyy more people out there who could use the kind of "piss away money" you claim to have than there are claiming that a $10,000+ putter is a sound investment, but no one needs your opinion and by bringing up how wealthy you are (snidely at that) followed by "advice for us lesser off investors" on a golf equipment forum you're not only asking for but deserve to receive comments such as this...wake up jacka**

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1359137897' post='6296905']
Anywho...Some cool new putters there for all of the Cameron fans. Does anyone have any idea as to how the Wilson putter fits in?
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, the folks at TableRock deal in lots of classic clubs, not just Cameron's. the Palmer designed by putter has been sought after by playa's for years.

I started a a caddy at Hazeltine in 1971, the year after they held the US Open for the first time. One of the assistants who was there told me a story about Lee Trevino before the Open. He paid one of the guys to go through the entire bag room. Every Palmer he found, he got the number of the member, called them, and offered to buy them any club in the shop for their putter. If I remember correctly, he ended up with 6 or 7 of them. Manufacturers now can make anything these guys want, but back then we really had to dig to find the perfect set of bats. :-)

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

a majority of these are made for just this show , hense the radical designs/colors/stamping
Scotty knows he can get outrageous amounts of money for them because they COLLECTOR pieces
most wont be gamed (the $10k and up ones I assume anyways)

whos knows tho, some dude w some bank might roll w it to show off
HE L L if i had that kinda cash, better beleive id be rollin the rock w it

awesome thread as always, thanks for the pics!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1359147617' post='6298095']
[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1359137897' post='6296905']
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, the folks at TableRock deal in lots of classic clubs, not just Cameron's. the Palmer designed by putter has been sought after by playa's for years.

I started a a caddy at Hazeltine in 1971, the year after they held the US Open for the first time. One of the assistants who was there told me a story about Lee Trevino before the Open. He paid one of the guys to go through the entire bag room. Every Palmer he found, he got the number of the member, called them, and offered to buy them any club in the shop for their putter. If I remember correctly, he ended up with 6 or 7 of them. Manufacturers now can make anything these guys want, but back then we really had to dig to find the perfect set of bats. :-)
[/quote]

Wow, great story Kev! Those were the days huh. I had a Tommy Armour Ironmaster putter that I used long after it was an antique simply because I couldn't find anything to replace it. That's funny about Hazeltine, I grew up in MN and had a chance to play the course the week after the Open in 91. Greens were like putting on hardwood they were so fast.

I'll have to check Tablerock's website out and see if they have any old classics.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Ping 410 7 wood

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34"