2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372353052' post='7335328']

2nd complaint... Why do you have to charge in computers USB? Come one..have a hook up to the outlet

[/quote]

You can charge it using a USB wall charger, assuming you have one (most people do if you have an iphone or other). That's what I did.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='carrera' timestamp='1372354160' post='7335474']
[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372353052' post='7335328']

2nd complaint... Why do you have to charge in computers USB? Come one..have a hook up to the outlet

[/quote]

You can charge it using a USB wall charger, assuming you have one (most people do if you have an iphone or other). That's what I did.
[/quote]

I do..but should come with one,,..

It does not come charged because it does not have an ON/OFF switch, which is nice not having to worry about it (once you have it charged). Motion sensors turn the unit on or off. Leave it alone and it powers down smartly. Think about it, if they charged it before shipping, it'd be dead anyhow by the time it got to you. A small price to pay to have better functionality once you actually have used the device a few times. So I don't think that's a valid complaint.

Regarding packaging, not sure about the actual cardboard box it came it but the charging cradle (plastic box) is a great idea! Its easy to charge this way, stays protected, and much better than dealing with a rubber flap that covers USB port that eventually breaks off on every device that has them.

I ran mine for first time when blinking red, although if left overnight, the red light will go out eventually. That may mean it's fully charged but not sure. All I know is I use it for hours on end and stick on charger until next day, and its always good. A full charge will ensure a good solid blue-tooth connection in my experience.

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372356851' post='7335866']
Weird..it connected with my ipod..immediately..,with ipad 4 ...took about a dozen tries..and a whole system reboot

Oh well, will see how she works tomorrow..very optomistic
[/quote]
Yeah I kind of found it works more flawlessly if you choose a device to pair with and only use it with that one device. Because of it's auto ON/OFF and the pairing procedure, it's easy to confuse the pairing, and ultimately I found it was pairing with the first device it found in range. When you have more than one device in range (ipad/iphone) that has been paired in the past, it can lead to connection problems and understandably so. Keep it simple and it'll work better.

Bought a Sky Pro two days ago and am VERY impressed. The data has given me information that will definitely improve my swing. However, the data from swings has caused me to wear out the keyboard on google searches. I assume the lack of golf swing information in the app was done so by design. Things like should the degrees at the "Return Angle @ Half-Down" be more or less than takeaway or should the degrees be the same? Maybe that information is not provided because there is more than one swing that works. Some golfers are flatter, some more upright or I'm just stupid.

Swing analyzers are so new there is little information I've found on specific degrees for the different checkpoints. Golf gurus have written articles but use generic terms like inside or "slightly closed".

Congrats to Gord, et al. You should be very proud of your contribution to helping others get more enjoyment from golf. I realize this tool is in it's infancy and look forward to the improvements in the future.

[quote name='skyking' timestamp='1372373084' post='7337814']
Bought a Sky Pro two days ago and am VERY impressed. The data has given me information that will definitely improve my swing. However, the data from swings has caused me to wear out the keyboard on google searches. I assume the lack of golf swing information in the app was done so by design. Things like should the degrees at the "Return Angle @ Half-Down" be more or less than takeaway or should the degrees be the same? [b]Maybe that information is not provided because there is more than one swing that works.[/b] Some golfers are flatter, some more upright or I'm just stupid.

Swing analyzers are so new there is little information I've found on specific degrees for the different checkpoints. Golf gurus have written articles but use generic terms like inside or "slightly closed".

Congrats to Gord, et al. You should be very proud of your contribution to helping others get more enjoyment from golf. I realize this tool is in it's infancy and look forward to the improvements in the future.
[/quote]

When in swing mode, have you touched the various info boxes that pop up at different points during the swing? That will open up a box that explains what you are trying to achieve (at least to [i]some[/i] degree), or maybe I'm not understanding what you are eluding to.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I think the groove mode will prove to be invaluable ... A golf teacher can literally see your results.. Tell you what numbers to enter, and you just groove it until you hit the numbers they recommend. Would still love to see pro model swings vs our hack swings... Would love to see what their club head speed is at different areas.. Face angle... Etc... You get the idea

Feel like a kid on Christmas Day with this... My mind is going a thousand miles an hour with this

Cp

[quote name='potatoshooter' timestamp='1372394303' post='7339756']
Does anyone know what the lights mean during charging? Sometimes it's blinking steadily, sometimes the red light stays on without blinking and sometimes it goes off.

Only had one session with it and I find skypro reads my swing plane pretty much right on compared to video.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about swing speed.. 91 miles an hour 9 iron? Can that be right?

[quote name='potatoshooter' timestamp='1372394303' post='7339756']
Does anyone know what the lights mean during charging? Sometimes it's blinking steadily, sometimes the red light stays on without blinking and sometimes it goes off.
[/quote]

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/content/faq/skypro/skypro+device+questions/6-4889-How_do_I_recharge_the_battery_in_my_SkyPro.html

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

[quote name='HIRO.G' timestamp='1372397034' post='7339868']
just ordered it, waiting to received it.. just one problem i need to get iphone or ipod for it. when you guys will release the android version of this??
[/quote]

This question seems to get asked daily here and Gord has responded that this is planned but no release date yet.

For gord. ( short for Gordon?)

What about making a simulator in the program..put a golf course or 2 as a download.. Would love to use this as a game as well, almost like kinect ..but with real clubs.. Would be a blast

And how do I get a staff shirt ? I just sold you 5 more today. :)

Sitting here at postponed golf outing...swinging off carpet,,guys love it

(XL is my size..email me and will send you address)

I picked one of these up this week after reaching madness on slicing my driver off every tee for the past 2 weekends. I don't think there is anything more embarrassing in golf personally haha. Everyone watching and waiting on you as you shank it into the other fairway and have to yell "fore!".

Anyways this thing has helped my considerably. I never knew my swing speed before let alone my plane etc.. I had taken a few beginner group lessons but that's about it. My brother is pretty decent and has helped me on some of the larger issues I had but I didnt really have a reference point. Skypro helped me determine that I was coming over the top big time and after alot of swings this week and groove mode on the takeaway and 1/2 down angle it has helped immensely! Met my brother at the range and while still not as consistent as I want to be I can hear, feel and see a difference in contact and ball flight.

I was actually really surprised at my swing speed. My brother has always outdrove me by 40yds (he hits between 310 and 330 or more when he gets it good) and had been measured previously in the 110-120mph speed range on his driver. Starting on my swing I was around 90mph. Now after fixing my swing plane I am consistently in the 105-115mph range. I even got up to 118mph on one! Letting my brother swing he was coming in at a consistent 113-115mph which he said is what he would expect.

So anyway to my question. Is there a sharing community for downloading other people's swings yet? I would like to be able to compare my swing style to others and overlay them. Maybe a pro would contribute so we have a good model? If anyone wants mine let me know and I will email them so you can see the before and after or whatever. I am 6'4 and my brother is 6'5 so the swingplanes on the demo guys don't match up too well.

Still got a long way to go, but I am actually looking forward to stepping up to the tee this weekend!

Thanks Skypro!

Was working..put skypro on driver and didnt work anymore,, also was on range,,so hot my ipad shut off.. Maybe it was the excess heat..or maybe it was the ipad from the heat..

Not sure

Almost like the unit died or something...charging now,..it is blinking red the charge unit. Weird, I charged for 2 hrs last night,,

Worked for 14 swings