2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

Just got my skypro today. Looks like I won't be joining the party!

[attachment=1758518:IMG_0445.jpg]
[attachment=1758520:IMG_0446.jpg]
[attachment=1758522:IMG_0448.jpg]

Shipping and retail package was in perfect shape so WTF! Really bummed as I live in Canada so getting this returned and a new one back to me will mean the golf season will be 2/3 gone!

Ken

Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Cobra F9 or Ping 400 LST<br /><br />F9 w/ HZRD Yellow or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kencanuck' timestamp='1372600450' post='7355154']

Shipping and retail package was in perfect shape so WTF! Really bummed as I live in Canada so getting this returned and a new one back to me will mean the golf season will be 2/3 gone!

Ken
[/quote]

I was only without my skypro for about a week when mine broke and I'm in Australia, doubt you will be waiting too long.

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372593984' post='7354796']
[quote name='EagleReaper' timestamp='1372560812' post='7353592']
[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372558396' post='7353266']
[quote name='EagleReaper' timestamp='1372556824' post='7353072']
Played 18 today and while not as consistent as I want to be yet I still hit quite a few good shots. The snap slice only showed up twice today. I also creamed the crap outta two drives and they felt sweet! Now one of the issues I am contending with is what club to swing. If I get it good and it feels right it is easily 1 club more than what I was before.

Everyone stated that it was amazing at how much my swing has changed and how much more on plane it looks now compared to the past 2 weeks. I still have a long way to go but I feel a lot better about playing!

Thanks SkyPro!
[/quote]

Good job..email me your skypro swing..like to see what your doinf
[/quote]

Done!
[/quote]

Got your swings.. Your a beast... Your speed is unbelievable. ... I will definitely play the white tees when I play u. :) .. Impressive.. Great stats... You are so wide on way down.. I get very narrow..during start of transition u are 40 mph a swing speed.. I'm only 12..

Impressive.. But can u putt ?

Thanks for sending .. I would bust my back tying to get to that speed
[/quote]

Don't worry I two putt everything... Distance only gets you so far. Haha.

I just focus on staying really wide and reaching back and getting extension when my club is horizontal. I had a really bad habit before of my backswing being crazy long so it took a while to understand that I didn't need a huge backswing to generate clubhead speed.

When working with my brother he is telling me I still have alot left on power in my swing. I am not really getting a great hip turn into the swing yet or building a bunch of lag.

Maybe Gord could help me with that actually. When I was talking to my brother he was saying that lag is generated when your hands are where they need to be for impact and the clubhead is behind. I think this might be something that can be tracked in SkyPro?

Thanks,
James

Hi Guys,

Chris, Paulptg, EagleReaper: great to hear that SkyPro is helping!

Kencanuck: Spuddage is right, we'll get you a replacement quickly! I'll PM you to coordinate the details.

Chris, I just wanted to repeat SunOfGolf's comment about the Alert Settings. As he said, it's confusing because we used "neg/pos" instead of "[color=#282828]degrees forward/back". We tried to do the latter everywhere else in the app to make it more intuitive, but missed it here. In the meantime, it may help to know that negative is means either "inside", "closed", or "backwards". Also, right now we only have single parameter groove, although we're starting to get requests for multiple parameters. In the meantime, you can get something similar by using the alert settings - set the alert min/max to where you'd want your groove to be, and then check if you get alerts when you swing in Swing Mode. I know it's not the same - we'll work on it![/color]

[color=#282828]Golfpros1: We all loved your commercial. I'll have to talk to the marketing folks. Thanks![/color]

[color=#282828]EagleReaper: I think you're right, we should be able to track lag in SkyPro. We've been thinking about this for a long time. I think our sensors, located where they are and measuring what they do, are ideally suited for this task - but the problem is defining and displaying the parameter in a way that is intuitive and meets people's expectations. That always seems the hardest part, but we have a few good ideas.[/color]

[color=#282828]Gord[/color]

[quote name='Golf_Nerd' timestamp='1372585565' post='7354606']
[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1372537228' post='7350894']
[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1372477678' post='7346128']
SF15: sorry I doubt we'll be able to support iOS 5.1.1 in the iPad update. It's not easy to modify your app to support older versions of iOS. But google is supposed to release an iPad maps app soon! [url="http://www.imore.com/google-maps-ipad-new-features-coming-later-summer"]http://www.imore.com...ng-later-summer[/url]
[/quote]

Google has been dragging their feet on releasing the Maps for iPad. Hope your iPad app comes out soon and I'll just bite the bullet and update to iOS 6.1/7. BTW, any preview on the layout, features, for the Retina display?
[/quote]

I specifically bought a second iPad 3 still on iOS 5.1.1 just for the iOS integrated Google Maps Street View, after being tricked by Apple into replacing it with Apple Maps (which does have a cool 3D mode) when offered an update to iOS 6.0 on my original iPad 3. Now I have the best of both worlds, especially when I put them side by side and click on the same Contact's address! I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Google Maps on the iPad, if it is anything like the iPhone version, which I have installed on my iPad. The Google Maps for the iPhone has stripped out Street View, Google Maps best feature, found on any Android phone!
[/quote]

Yes, I never install Windows/Apple/Google updates on the first day they're available. Don't like to be a beta tester. Google is just dragging their feet to boost sales of their tablets. Until Apple introduces larger displays for their iPhones, I'm an Android guy so Street View, Google Maps is king.

Although SkyPro is considered on of the most poweful golf swing analyzers, I still beleive that SwingByte is still much better option. It's 3D analyzer, cheaper and supports both Android and iOS. My advise to all, is to understand the importance of golf swing analysis before any thing else, then find your perfect analyzer by doing extensive research on the best analyzers in the market. All the best.

Thought I would finally chime in. Been using SkyPro for the past month and have been really happy with it. It has helped my too far inside backswing and over the top swing and has made me much more consistent. I love the interface and was taught originally thinking about the position of the club at 1/2 back and half down so this is intuitive to me. I have used SwingTip and enjoyed using it, however using it on irons is frustrating. The thing would always slip and this is the biggest plus for SkyPro. Attach it to the club and it never moves. I look forward to the future updates!

[quote name='kencanuck' timestamp='1372600450' post='7355154']

Ken
[/quote]

That looks exactly like the one someone else posted earlier, wonder if you got his returned unit....

If they gave awards for "Most Blatant Astroturfing on the entire Internet," I'm pretty sure this thread would win. All these new people, first time posters coming to the same thread and writing the same glowing reports in the same style, over and over.

It taints GolfWRX and shouldn't be tolerated.

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

[quote name='Soloman1' timestamp='1372632359' post='7357760']
If they gave awards for "Most Blatant Astroturfing on the entire Internet," I'm pretty sure this thread would win. All these new people, first time posters coming to the same thread and writing the same glowing reports in the same style, over and over.

[/quote]

Do you own one? I didn't think so.

just a thought, but I don't recommend leaving the units in your bag (if you leave your bags in your car or hot garage etc.). Electronics and heat generally do not get along.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[/quote]

Have you considered the fact it just may be a good product which inspires people to talk about it? It motivated me to start posting instead of lurking. Is that okay with you? Or does that not qualify for Golfwrx etiquette?

I have over 3700 posts, and I like the product. I think it's one of the best training aids I've ever seen in 23 years of playing golf... just saying... it's that's good imo.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

My buddy ( who has been in numerous of my videos). Is a hit on the range in south bend with this thing...he is analyzing people's swings..and calling me non stop about this thing. He actually won't stop calling...just raving left and right about this. His avg drives were 210 carry, he said ( with help of skypro) he is carrying it 230 now. Only had this unit for a week now.,,bought before me,,,

Just excited to hear excitement in his voice in increasing his drive carry by 20 yrds...thanks guys :)

[/quote]

I'm already annoying and a pain to some... But one thing...I'm 1000% honest...and will tell you what I think ( no matter what anyone thinks)

This type of,product will revolutionize golf teaching and learning...I can see the big picture of this one

Cp

I have read many of the posts. There is a great deal of satisfaction with the Skypro, but only the latter ones begin to define the problem I found when I owned mine. After many swings I became aware that no matter how many "taps" I did on the screen no information was supplied as to whether or not my swing was acceptable, great, lousy...etc. Namely, no guides or benchmarks were provided. Therefore, using the Groove feature to reinforce a repetitive swing is disaster waiting. It promotes repeating the same mistake over and over again. Results: instead of improving you get worse. Without this feature being prominent in the device it is a less than desirable product...especially on for $179.00.

My second observation. Service! The customer service at Skyhawke is in a word [color=#FF0000][i]TERRIBLE[/i][/color]. That said, it always has been. I go back a long ways with this company. I like the product enough to put up with the abject despair I feel when I need to call for support. The wait is horrendous, the promises of contact go unfulfilled (I recently was promised two confirming emails and never received them), trying to get a credit for returned merchandise (the Skypro referenced above) is so bad that words can't express my frustration.

Yet, the definition of insane applies here...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome...because I will suffer the terrible time-wasting pain to get the benefits of the products purchased. However, I keep looking for compatible substitutes and when I find it/them I will be done with this company forever.

So, for those that are reading this thread please be advised when you deal with them it will be a very painful experience.

[quote name='"GIMP"' timestamp='1372684662' post='7361238']
I have read many of the posts. There is a great deal of satisfaction with the Skypro, but only the latter ones begin to define the problem I found when I owned mine. After many swings I became aware that no matter how many "taps" I did on the screen no information was supplied as to whether or not my swing was acceptable, great, lousy...etc. Namely, no guides or benchmarks were provided. Therefore, using the Groove feature to reinforce a repetitive swing is disaster waiting. It promotes repeating the same mistake over and over again. Results: instead of improving you get worse. Without this feature being prominent in the device it is a less than desirable product...especially on for $179.00.

My second observation. Service! The customer service at [u][b]Skyhawke[/b][/u] is in a word [color=#FF0000][i]TERRIBLE[/i][/color]. That said, it always has been. I go back a long ways with this company. I like the product enough to put up with the abject despair I feel when I need to call for support. The wait is horrendous, the promises of contact go unfulfilled (I recently was promised two confirming emails and never received them), trying to get a credit for returned merchandise (the Skypro referenced above) is so bad that words can't express my frustration.

Yet, the definition of insane applies here...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome...because I will suffer the terrible time-wasting pain to get the benefits of the products purchased. However, I keep looking for compatible substitutes and when I find it/them I will be done with this company forever.

So, for those that are reading this thread please be advised when you deal with them it will be a very painful experience.
[/quote]

1. Who is Skyhawke?
2. As far as Skypro goes, I've had the exact OPPOSITE experience with customer service. So those reading, be advised, SkyPro has been extremely helpful as I had an issue with my first device (broken plastic- bad batch), A new one showed up at my door in days. The founder is on these forums asking people to Message him if they have problems, simply email him if you are unsatisfied. That's great customer service.

[/quote]

Nice forum trolling Soloman1! Seems like you got the reaction desired... Oh wait... You only have 30 posts yourself? Haha!

Actually I see it a different way... I never posted or GolfWRX before and just read the articles and forums which are hugely helpful and informational. However I didn't feel with the limited amount of expertise I have that my feedback was worth much so I never posted.

But with the excitement that I have with using SkyPro and seeing the difference and how Gord is accepting the feedback and incorporating them into his development it made me feel that my input mattered. Thus I made the leap and created an account and posted.

I know better... But I had to feed the troll... Go back under your bridge please!

[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1372688624' post='7361776']

1. [b]Who is Skyhawke?[/b]
2. As far as Skypro goes, I've had the exact OPPOSITE experience with customer service. So those reading, be advised, SkyPro has been extremely helpful as I had an issue with my first device (broken plastic- bad batch), A new one showed up at my door in days. The founder is on these forums asking people to Message him if they have problems, simply email him if you are unsatisfied. That's great customer service.
[/quote]

Skyhawke is the parent LLC of both Skycaddie and SkyPro, look at the bottom of their webpages and you will see...
[size=5][center][background=rgb(166, 166, 166)]© 2013 SkyHawke Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.[/background][/center][/size]

[quote name='EagleReaper' timestamp='1372689842' post='7361956']

[/quote]

Nice forum trolling Soloman1! Seems like you got the reaction desired... Oh wait... You only have 30 posts yourself? Haha!

Actually I see it a different way... I never posted or GolfWRX before and just read the articles and forums which are hugely helpful and informational. However I didn't feel with the limited amount of expertise I have that my feedback was worth much so I never posted.

But with the excitement that I have with using SkyPro and seeing the difference and how Gord is accepting the feedback and incorporating them into his development it made me feel that my input mattered. Thus I made the leap and created an account and posted.

I know better... But I had to feed the troll... Go back under your bridge please!
[/quote]

methinks thou doth protests too much...

So I went to GolfGalaxy yesterday and got this to use to practice to get some feedback on ball impact without going to the range.
[url="http://www.golfgalaxy.com/SS12GGSWGROOVER/product?ad_id=GooglePLA&key_id=10898208_GooglePLA&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:SS12GGSWGROOVER:10898208:Swing_Aids&gclid=COGJkNXLjrgCFRFgMgod73YAXg"]http://www.golfgalaxy.com/SS12GGSWGROOVER/product?ad_id=GooglePLA&key_id=10898208_GooglePLA&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:SS12GGSWGROOVER:10898208:Swing_Aids&gclid=COGJkNXLjrgCFRFgMgod73YAXg[/url]

Apparently after reading reviews this "Swing Groover" thing is horrible. Does anyone know of something similar that might work? I was trying to avoid going the net route but that might be the only viable option?

Also adding impact tape to the club at the range yesterday gave me a lot better understanding of where I was catching the ball at on the clubface. This is one aspect that there is not much data on yet and I understand why based on Gord's previous posts.

I was thinking that between the impact tape and the feedback of slice/hook from the Swing Groover I would have a pretty good picture of the swing without having to get a launch monitor? I don't have much room for a backyard to hit even a birdieball in.

I think it is helpful to be hitting something when using SkyPro. When I played the other day I topped a few and it seems that SkyPro can't track how high your club is off the ground at impact based on the way it measures? It seems that at impact the club face is pretty accurate but the height is always on the ground?

Just seeing what other tools may be put together inexpensively to give a better full picture of the impact.

Thanks

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1372691432' post='7362208']

Skyhawke is the parent LLC of both Skycaddie and SkyPro, look at the bottom of their webpages and you will see...
[center][background=rgb(166, 166, 166)]© 2013 SkyHawke Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.[/background][/center]

[/quote]

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that!

SunofGold: glad you got the answer. Skyhawke is the parent company name.
I apologize to the forum, but I do not want to let this service issue just die. The support service line is very slow in responding. Anyone telling me different is a shill of the company. I have called numerous time and get the same message on the phone line greeting. Completely bogus. I have used the chat line. This is a joke. Located somewhere offshore. India or the Phillipines and they know very little or nothing about what is being requested...except for simple stuff like how to turn it on.

I do not want to start a shouting match with anyone...and will not...but do not try and make silk out of the old sows ear!!!