SkyPro - really impressive

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1373111127' post='7397208']
Thanks gparke.. I finally learned the Dan iteach release ( thanks to an unnamed stranger ).. I added 9 miles an hour of clubhead speed in my past 2 range sessions ... That is 20 yards.. And skypro. Verified I was doing the hand and pivot release at same time correctly... Thanks skypro and thanks unnamed stranger
[/quote]Fill me in on this one...The Iteach release? Is there a short video?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again skypro..I see how I get to pull down real vertical right at start of transition. But I am getting better..love the upgrade in speed 107 to109..feels like I'm in a time machine. Did a little video for you guys

,enjoy,,,no golf today or tomorrow..just 2 hrs on range..all I had ( with skypro)

http://youtu.be/UEg8v2bKh28

Cp

[quote name='Wedgefromhere' timestamp='1373311531' post='7410810']
Thanks for the video CP, I enjoyed that. I've gone from low to mid 90s on my driver to touching 100 and 101 regularly in just three weeks. I was also wondering what your 7-iron SS was, so I'm glad you showed that too.
[/quote]

I like the instant feedback,, I set the alerts..and I know backswing length ( my nemesis) is always a given on alerts. Use the alerts

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1373308653' post='7410450']
Thanks again skypro..I see how I get to pull down real vertical right at start of transition. But I am getting better..love the upgrade in speed 107 to109..feels like I'm in a time machine. Did a little video for you guys

,enjoy,,,no golf today or tomorrow..just 2 hrs on range..all I had ( with skypro)

[media=]http://youtu.be/UEg8v2bKh28[/media]

Cp
[/quote]Great video...thanks for sharing. Was thinking about changing from Skypro to Skybyte 2 but changing my mind. Though Swinhbyte had video dual screen but not for Iphone. Also thought Swingbyte 2 had some other features that they don't. Like skypro format better and info seems more reliable.
Swing easy Big Boy

I'm wondering what the odds are there's been enough turn around at local Golfsmith stores that the redesigned units have hit the shelves. Would rather pick one up and have it instead of waiting for shipping from Skypro, but that seems to be the only way to guarantee avoiding the fragile version.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1373365269' post='7415404']
I'm wondering what the odds are there's been enough turn around at local Golfsmith stores that the redesigned units have hit the shelves. Would rather pick one up and have it instead of waiting for shipping from Skypro, but that seems to be the only way to guarantee avoiding the fragile version.
[/quote]
Just order it from SkyPro. I got mine within a week and that even had Memorial Day in the there.

[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1373365269' post='7415404']
[/quote]Playbetterstore.com
Ask for Chris....you will get Skypro right away...or swingbyte 2 if that is your wish
Skypro is on sale at 179.99 and no tax and Free Shipping

Just finished 9 ..and first time playing after using skypro for a few weeks. Using Dan iteach lessons / lee Cmotion slap release and incorporating with skypro alert settings.. All In all happy..very old golf course/ narrow and soaked..no roll at all. Shot a 41 ( 2 double bogeys/ 2 bogeys / 1 birdie) ..fought a hook, which is a shot I'm not used too. Which is great, I love that hook. Next time with skypro I'm going to set my plane so I have more downswing drop in and more swing out. I used the 1 st par 4 as a trial ..430 yrds...hit 2 drives right next to each other..178 left . That equates to 252 carry, and matches my 105 to 109 swing speed. So this is accurate..

Thanks skypro ..love what is happening. I wanted a hook, got it..now all I have to do is tame it. Always wanted to draw the ball, a hook is the 1st part to doing this
Big difference playing golf vs pelting a million balls on the range... Not my best score this year.. But I know what I need to adjust on this unit.. Good day today

Good stuff..from an honest consumer

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1373387331' post='7417494']
Just finished 9 ..and first time playing after using skypro for a few weeks. Using Dan iteach lessons / lee Cmotion slap release and incorporating with skypro alert settings.. All In all happy..very old golf course/ narrow and soaked..no roll at all. Shot a 41 ( 2 double bogeys/ 2 bogeys / 1 birdie) ..fought a hook, which is a shot I'm not used too. Which is great, I love that hook. Next time with skypro I'm going to set my plane so I have more downswing drop in and more swing out. I used the 1 st par 4 as a trial ..430 yrds...hit 2 drives right next to each other..178 left . That equates to 252 carry, and matches my 105 to 109 swing speed. So this is accurate..

Thanks skypro ..love what is happening. I wanted a hook, got it..now all I have to do is tame it. Always wanted to draw the ball, a hook is the 1st part to doing this
Big difference playing golf vs pelting a million balls on the range... Not my best score this year.. But I know what I need to adjust on this unit.. Good day today

Good stuff..from an honest consumer
[/quote]

Awesome Chris. I had similar experiences. Developed a stock draw using Skypro(which I tried for a long time - used to always fade, never could draw). Now I found I can control how much draw, how straight, or how cut, much by visualizing the [u][b]take away angle[/b][/u] SkyPro measures. Try to hit it at different degrees, and develop the feels to do that. The DS path will adjust to produce the shot you want. Try it, you'll like it :)

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1372852554' post='7379262']
For anyone still on the fence about which one to buy (myself included) MGS will be putting out a buyers guide/ review of the devices from all the players in this field (Skypro, Swingbyte, swingsmart, 3bays etc...) next week... July 8th.

Interestingly they say the only manufacturer who would not supply a device for the review was Skypro, so they bought one themselves. Should be interesting review.
[/quote]
Sorry to ask maybe an obvious question, but can you tell me what MGS is? Thanks!

I read the review... I think skypro got some very high high marks.. The big thing on any mobile device , is not the device.. But the software that runs the device.. I think the software is top notch, and will only get better thru updates...the nice thing, the guys/ gals at skypro have listened and responded to all recommendatios that I have read on this thread.. That means a lot to me, shows that a great product can only get better with our help

Cp
[/quote]

Honestly, I was getting a little annoyed with some of your posts cluttering this thread but your video made me laugh. It also led me to your other videos, particularly the one about hands in, clubhead out. I've been working on that with my pro for quite some time now but nothing he has said has really helped me do it. It's hard to believe some of those other videos are of your swing because your swing in the new video looks very nice.

[quote name='swingnmiss' timestamp='1373516964' post='7429882']

Cp
[/quote]

Honestly, I was getting a little annoyed with some of your posts cluttering this thread but your video made me laugh. It also led me to your other videos, particularly the one about hands in, clubhead out. I've been working on that with my pro for quite some time now but nothing he has said has really helped me do it. It's hard to believe some of those other videos are of your swing because your swing in the new video looks very nice.
[/quote]

Sorry..didnt mean to clog thread..I just really like this product.. I see tons of good vs very little to no bad with this. I'm pretty much done with my swing videos. This little unit proved to me that a camera isn't necessary anymore. It was spot on, and easier to setup and carry around than the camera and tripod. And seriously, how do we even know if we have the camera setup right. With DTL views, off a few degrees could be the difference between a swing looking no plane vs off..

picked up a skypro this week and today was my first time using it at the range. now this was a really terrible range session, had a visit from my long lost friend, shankapotamous. fugly. anyway, i always knew i took the club too for back inside but this was ridiculous. 18-23* inside on the driver, 6-10* on 6 iron. driver was stuck inside, about 12* on average inside at halfway down...while 6 iron averaged about 3* outside at halfway down. shaft angle at impact was consistently about 7-8* more than shaft angle at address. this game sucks. ;)

anyway, curious to know what to make of the Hand Speed metric...is this measuring hand speed at impact (release)? i do not think i have seen this before. it was the most consistent aspect of my swing, 20-21 mph on driver, 22-23 on 6-iron. driver SS was 103-104. 6 iron SS was 88-90. what is an "optimal" hand speed (if there is one)?

I just received my Skypro a few days ago and Im a bit undecided on whether it is accurate or not. My first few sessions seemed like it gave me descent data, but a few hours later, I started getting a lot of odd readouts. First, I started getting some swing speeds of 136-158. Im fast, but not that fast. Expecially with a 6 iron. Then most of my swings started to have a 6-8 degree backwards shaft lean at both address and impact. I added more forward shaft lean at address but my numbers only changed about 1-2 degrees. I powercycled the phone and recalibrated the skypro, but im still getting backwards shaft lean. I am beginning to lose faith in the product eventhough I love having the information. I am feeling more confused about my swing with what I have received so far.

Any thoughts on why I would get so much backward shaft lean notifications?

[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1373781694' post='7450828']
I just received my Skypro a few days ago and Im a bit undecided on whether it is accurate or not. My first few sessions seemed like it gave me descent data, but a few hours later, I started getting a lot of odd readouts. First, I started getting some swing speeds of 136-158. Im fast, but not that fast. Expecially with a 6 iron. Then most of my swings started to have a 6-8 degree backwards shaft lean at both address and impact. I added more forward shaft lean at address but my numbers only changed about 1-2 degrees. I powercycled the phone and recalibrated the skypro, but im still getting backwards shaft lean. I am beginning to lose faith in the product eventhough I love having the information. I am feeling more confused about my swing with what I have received so far.

Any thoughts on why I would get so much backward shaft lean notifications?
[/quote]

Make sure your face is square to your target. If the club face is open when you start your swing you'll get backward shaft lean at impact numbers. Get some alignment sticks and make sure everything is square when you setup.

[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1373821461' post='7452232']
I had a lesson recently and compared SP to FlightScope. It was pretty interesting. My take away is that SP is reasonably accurate. I think it is a good tool for getting general feedback while practicing, but SP is not something your should try to use down to a 1-2 mph or a 1-2º accuracy.
[/quote]

About how much would you say SkyPro was off in regards to swing speed? Is it more often slower or faster?

[quote name='Stryker' timestamp='1373825937' post='7452558']
[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1373821461' post='7452232']
I had a lesson recently and compared SP to FlightScope. It was pretty interesting. My take away is that SP is reasonably accurate. I think it is a good tool for getting general feedback while practicing, but SP is not something your should try to use down to a 1-2 mph or a 1-2º accuracy.
[/quote]

About how much would you say SkyPro was off in regards to swing speed? Is it more often slower or faster?
[/quote]

It was around 4 mph slower on a 7 iron, although it varied from swing to swing.

I think the accuracy of all these type of units is a bit subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt when talking a few degrees here or there. What important is the consistency you are trying to develop from swing to swing and if it's 5 mph off or the tempo is a couple points shy then really what does it matter. If you can nail the same 7 iron numbers consistently shot to shot then you're laughing.