SkyPro - really impressive

Maybe this has been brought up. But when I calibrate a club and then use the pen tool to edit the club and press done the program shuts down. When I start the program again I see that the changes has been made to the club but everytime I go into the pen tool the program shuts down.
I hope this is a bug that will be fixed on the next update.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very nice if the skypro software had an option for creating different profiles. Everytime I put the skypro on my wifes clubs I have to edit the clubs and make them shorter and change the lie. Would be much easier if there could be a profile creator. Also the swings could be stored for each profile which would make it easier to keep track of each swing.

[quote name='Shearman1483' timestamp='1379547899' post='7874305']
There is so much more than just club head speed. Infact for me, the groove mode with Inside approach setting and working on the take away were huge. Correct these issues in your swing and speed will come. It was just eye opening how far from the inside good players swing prior to impact. No need to video when you have this ittle thing
[/quote]
Hi Shearman, can you please fwd what numbers you had/ have for the groove mode settings coming from the inside to impact (simulating a good player)? I have not used the groove mode yet. Thanks.

Ok.he had 108 mph 7 iron..18 to 20 degree forward shaft lean.,20 to 25 degree forward shaft lean..8 degrees closed halfway back..14 degrees closed half way down. 2 degree outside takeaway..and all swings were slightly beyond 3/4 length backswing length,,( well below parallel)

The biggie was grooving takeaway 1st..than monitoring halfway back and halfway down closure. The halfway back closed should always be less than halfway down..if opposite..you are throwing away back right wrist bend..and doing OTT hit syndrome.. When you do those , I always came inside 10 to 12 degrees from the inside and had 10 plus degrees forward shaft lean. The takeaway / half way back and half way down were big. Once I had those, I would groove inside approach. Was very tough ..took ton and tons of reps. I can't do it all the time perfectly, but more good than bad. Not a overnight fix by any means... And I still need to clean up a few things,,but I could actually feel what he was doing ..which was way cool

Hope it helps

See face not rotating and fanning way open.slightly outside takeaway,,on way down face is has more closure..due to no right wrist break down ( alla beating the hit syndrome)

[attachment=1888077:image.jpg]

And the true secret to good golf..I reach good impact all the time now..forward shaft lean..no flippy. With an inside approach
[attachment=1888085:image.jpg]

@Shearman
Thanks a ton. Yes indeed not an overnight fix!! I've been working on this for some time now - a bucket with 6i today ranged 10-6ยฐ from the outside halfway down... Funny how I can still change the ballflight with those numbers. The "Others" I have which is good. I will think about your way of approach and take a try with it certainly.

[quote name='Anton' timestamp='1380039155' post='7903657']
@Shearman
Thanks a ton. Yes indeed not an overnight fix!! I've been working on this for some time now - a bucket with 6i today ranged 10-6ยฐ from the outside halfway down... Funny how I can still change the ballflight with those numbers. The "Others" I have which is good. I will think about your way of approach and take a try with it certainly.
[/quote]

If I can ever help..let me know..OTT steep..hardest thing ever to fight in golf,, I'm almost there. I'm swinging by feel now..but I got a lot of the feels from skypro..comparing my swing to others..and grooving what they do right compared to what I did so wrong,

Give it time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQOCmDJJwTY

[quote name='Shearman1483' timestamp='1380026454' post='7902489']
Ok.he had 108 mph 7 iron..18 to 20 degree forward shaft lean.,20 to 25 degree forward shaft lean..8 degrees closed halfway back..14 degrees closed half way down. 2 degree outside takeaway..and all swings were slightly beyond 3/4 length backswing length,,( well below parallel)

The biggie was grooving takeaway 1st..than monitoring halfway back and halfway down closure. The halfway back closed should always be less than halfway down..if opposite..you are throwing away back right wrist bend..and doing OTT hit syndrome.. When you do those , I always came inside 10 to 12 degrees from the inside and had 10 plus degrees forward shaft lean. The takeaway / half way back and half way down were big. Once I had those, I would groove inside approach. Was very tough ..took ton and tons of reps. I can't do it all the time perfectly, but more good than bad. Not a overnight fix by any means... And I still need to clean up a few things,,but I could actually feel what he was doing ..which was way cool

Hope it helps

See face not rotating and fanning way open.slightly outside takeaway,,on way down face is has more closure..due to no right wrist break down ( alla beating the hit syndrome)

[attachment=1888077:image.jpg]

And the true secret to good golf..I reach good impact all the time now..forward shaft lean..no flippy. With an inside approach
[attachment=1888085:image.jpg]
[/quote]

You're not on elbow plane. It's just that you are shifting your plane way to the right of target...meaning you're just turning your shoulders towards the right of target...so naturally at DTL view the shaft will bisect your R forearm. It's like putting the camera more face/on or at an angle, so naturally the shaft will look like it's bisecting the R forearm.

Hogan, being the perfect example of getting on elbow plane, turns his shoulders inline with one plane. Doesn't shift it, except of course on specialty shots.

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Miura 50/56 degrees, DGS300
Miura TB 5i/PW, Titleist AP2 4i, DGS300
Titleist 910H 21/19 degrees, V2-85-S
Titleist 910F 17/15 degrees, V2-75-S
Titleist 910D3 9.5 degrees, V2-65-X

Look at your L shoulder. It's up or higher already than your shoulder center axis, but it's pointed towards the R of target. If you're turning your shoulders on plane, at that point your l shoulder should be pointed to the L of target. It's like you just shifted the wheel towards the right of target. So naturally the other side of the wheel (R side) would be more behind, hence the elbow plane illusion in your case.

[quote name='miguelgolf' timestamp='1380072948' post='7906525']
Look at your L shoulder. It's up or higher already than your shoulder center axis, but it's pointed towards the R of target. If you're turning your shoulders on plane, at that point your l shoulder should be pointed to the L of target. It's like you just shifted the wheel towards the right of target. So naturally the other side of the wheel (R side) would be more behind, hence the elbow plane illusion in your case.
[/quote]

Miguelgolf ..you are brutal .... Ha ha
You destroyed shearman 's enthusiasm in one post ..
He has to start all over again...

Shocked that the new update does not contain impact face angle. We see an image of the impact angle, we can see clubface angle at many other places, but not at impact? Swingbyte and 3bays gsa shows impact face info. Would also be easy to show the swing titles as opposed the swing # at the bottom of the swing view page.

[quote name='Ezgolfer' timestamp='1380075932' post='7906761']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah,,all good.. I've had a great season scoring wise and ball striking wise. I'm doing this and have no intentions of anymore lessons or such. I just love eliminating the pulls..and I love starting it out right of target and drawing it in low or high. I love hogans books and all.,but I'm done working on the swing.. So wish I could squeeze in a few more rounds..not sure if it will happen.. Might be another long cold blustery winter :)

[quote name='Shearman1483' timestamp='1380082034' post='7907139']
[quote name='Ezgolfer' timestamp='1380075932' post='7906761']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah,,all good.. I've had a great season scoring wise and ball striking wise. I'm doing this and have no intentions of anymore lessons or such. I just love eliminating the pulls..and I love starting it out right of target and drawing it in low or high. I love hogans books and all.,but I'm done working on the swing.. So wish I could squeeze in a few more rounds..not sure if it will happen.. Might be another long cold blustery winter :)
[/quote]

Ok. So you really wanted a way way right right path? If you use old spinny balls you wouldn't be able to play at all. For me that feels like playing hoops only on the R side if the court, driving to the L of the defender, laying up on R side of the ring...well, at least in golf there's no defender...I predict in the future fairways would have trees near to the tee and/or in the middle of the fairway. That would be fun to see on Tour.

Wishing skypro had an app like swingbyte, but don't want swingbyte Hardware slippage. It's a race between skypro app 2.0 and swingbyte 3. Hoping skypro wins, I almost bought swingbyte this weekend until reviews of slippage, but wouldn't mind spending another $200 or so for the data library style of swingbyte app.

Hi guys
Not been on the thread for a while as been too busy with the SkyPro! Not had any problems with the device or app until.....................downloading IOS7. Also did the app update.

Now the app keeps quitting. Can't keep it to stay on for more than 20 secs or so - then just crashes?

Anybody had this issue and found a fix? (have tried an Ipad soft reset).

Managed to download the replacement SkyPro app OK. All working great now.

The new check positions are fantastic (shaft direction and face angle at the top), which is what I use the app for. I'm pleased to report I am making good progress in that regard although I have only registered 2500 swings on the app!

Thanks again to SkyPro for responding to our previous request for these checkpoints!

[quote name='GolfMonster2' timestamp='1380660939' post='7939045']
Not on Android. Keep up with the rest of us and go and buy a cheap old ipod touch on ebay. I love android as well, but not so much that it would have stopped me buying a SkyPro.
[/quote]

Hmm. Good thought, I hadn't considered that. Is Skypro worth the extra investment over Swingtip or any of the others that work on android?

Also, is there a minimum requirement for the ipod touch as far as hardware goes? I'm not familiar with the models.

Not sure about the other devices e.g.swingbyte but they generally do different things. When I researched it about 3 months ago SkyPro was the best for checking shaft + face angles angles through the swing. If that is what you want to do, buy SkyPro. I think SwingByte and SkyPro are the pick of the bunch from memory

[quote name='James Ng' timestamp='1380677082' post='7940319']
I have used swing byte, Golf sense, and another one I cant remember. Swing byte seems to be the best. I have never tried skypro but I would say it offers the same functions as swing byte/
[/quote]

Does swing byte show the club face angle at impact rather than just open or closed? Does it seem to correlate well with the ball flight?