2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MN WRX at The Jewel Saturday, May 18 (latest updates on first page)

ladahl

See everyone tomorrow! Tom P. is a late scratch. So, were back to 15. Thanks to everyone for coming!

May 18th (Saturday between Mothers Day and Memorial weekends)

The Jewel Golf Club(Lake City, MN)

http://jewelgolfclub.com/

MN GolfWRX group on Saturday, May 18

Rate: $53.00 per player + tax (includes 18 holes/cart/use of practice facility)

Replay: $30.00 per player + tax (if anyone decides on playing 36 holes)

Tee times begin at 11:06am

Let's keep this freindly, fast and fun. This is what we came-up with. How's it look to everyone?

Group #1

Tyler P.

Josh W.

Luke W.

Group #2

Greg R.

L. Dahl

Cass W.

Ahmed A.

Group #3

Wayne D.

Chuck B

Jurgan S.

M. Demoya

Group #4

Greg G.

Monty B.

Rodger P.

Jake S.

We'll play from the white tees

Proxy contests for door prizes (if anyone has something to donate, that'd be great)- We'll have a table of prizes for the winners to choose from

½ price Apps and beer specials following round

Grill will be serving brats/burgers at the turn

An optional $2 "skins" game (gross, not HCP)

Modified “Horse Race” pay-out (based on 15 golfers- $150)

$10 entry, to be divided, as follows:

1st Place: $40, 2nd Place: $30, 3rd Place $25, 4th Place $20, 5th Place $15, 6th place $10, 7th Place $10, Last Place: $10

• Double Eagle: 7 points

• Eagle: 5 points

• Birdie: 3 points

• Par: 2 points

• Bogey: 1 point

• Double Bogey or Worse: 0 points (feel free to pick-up your ball at this point)

• You cannot "lose" points

Scorecard_The_Jewel_PNG.png

Please note: myself or no other golfwrx.com member attending is affiliated directly with WRX. The name and logo will be used only on the banner and some poker chips I will be giving out to those that attend.

I, the undersigned participant, recognize that golfing is a dynamic sporting activity. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, the undersigned participant, for myself, my family members, my heirs, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns hereby fully release, discharge, and hold GolfWrx, The Jewel, fellow golfers, volunteers and lessors of any of the foregoing persons or entities from any and all liability, whether resulting from negligence of any aspect.

I certify and represent by signing this release and waiver, that my physical condition is adequate to participate safely. I hereby acknowledge that the above persons and entities have no obligation to provide medical care and have not undertaken the responsibility to do so. In the event that I receive medical care as a result of a medical emergency, I hereby consent to such care and fully release the person(s) providing such care from any and all liability, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise.

I hereby certify that I have fully read and understand the foregoing release and waiver, and covenant not to sue and sign it voluntarily. I also agree to represent myself in dignified and proper way. Person(s) renting golf carts please return them in the condition in which it was rented.

Print Name _____________________

Signature _____________________

Phone # _____________________

Date _____________________

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in. Any format is fine and I will go anywhere within 3 hours of my location.

Current handicap is 1 but i'm hoping to either get it to a more realistic 2-3 or actually play to a 1 by then. If handicap doesn't matter just completely disregard this comment and don't say anything when I shoot 116.

I'm in as well

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9* AD DI 6X
Titleist TS2 15*  AD DI 7X

Honma TW-X 3i & 4i Modus 105s
Srixon Z765 5-p Modus 105s
TM MG3 50* Modus 125s
Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 56* Low+ Modus 125
Bettinardi HLX 3.0 58* UST Mamiya IHS-991 Spin Wedge Proto
"23-24"Bettinardi SS 14 

"21" ProV1 

I'm in anytime!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

placing calls to my member friend at Jewel and Tom Abts at Deer Run.
They will inevitably ask how many and probably cant get definitive until we know more ourselves.

Format?
Ryder sounds like fun, but now to split up and such, errr...
AT a 1 Handi, I want MnNikeGuy on my team, thats what I know for sure.

Thinking out loud:
As each guy signs in with a yes to attend, they must also put in vote for format,
we tally responses and we have our answer,
then ladahl does all the rest of the work and we all show up for the fun. (ok, maybe a little extreme, but if we pay his way?)

Maybe we limit the choices to 2 or 4 man best ball, Ryder, alternate shot, alternate format over 2 days.
Ive not much experience in this so just shooting from the hip and maybe ignites some thoughts.

This is reallygonna suck to have something planned out 3 1/2 months out.

Suncountry has round trip to Palm Springs for $200 next week.... Stupid customers gettin in the way of my golf game.

You can get a group tournament rate at Giants Ridge and some of the Villa Condos sleep as many as 12 people.($50/night per person, not including golf). Giants Ridge has a tournament and outing coordinator, Katie, who can arrange everything and reserve a block of tee times. I even think they set up a score board for you. Check the website or call the pro shop. They are taking reservations for the upcoming season right now.

In May, you can get some good green fee rates also.

I have a close relative who is Director of Golf if you need a connection.

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1359516872' post='6327061']
I'm in depending on where and $.
[/quote]

You'll be there.. I'm kidnapping you en route.
Let's stay south for the first event... We're still thinking Jewel for this one... I left a message with the pro shop today, hopefully I hear back soon...

I think we can get at least 30-50 guys if we each bring a guest too..

Once we get closer, we can group tee times according to HCP and play... skins game for sure and maybe a blind best ball team drawing upon finishing over cocktails?

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

whysguy be carefull what you wish for it just might come true! I think with a name like whysguy we'll atleast have good time in a cart. You do ride?

[color=#FF0000][i][b]MN WRX CUP[/b][/i][/color]

Maybe ladahl can edit this post and add a poll to it? We could vote on course and format. Maybe we try once a month starting May 18th? Then each month at a different course and could be like 36 holes a day? Then in Sept. we do like match play mano on mano? I dont know im just talking out load. Now i wont sleep for months.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I can talk to Northfork! I worked there for 5 years and been a member for the last three. I would like to play there in late summer when the course is playing true with the rough and fast greens!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I love the idea of a monthly gathering.
Jewel early season as it does green up a little sooner way down there by Iowa.
June for Northfork.
Troy Burne/ Stoneridge/White Eagle in August ?
Giants Ridge in Sept
October?? BAck to Jewel, Wilds, Ledgends, Rum River (MnNikeguy fav and all)

And the Whysguy moniker, I am always asking WHY, Like WHY am I so addicted to this silly game. WHY do I think that the Ping Anser driver is the answer to all my ails off the tee, WHY are the governors set so damn slow, WHY do marshalls even exist if they intend to do nothing about the painfully slow play of the group right in front of me ,Like WHY am I up at midnite pondering all this.

Ride or walk..., if 36 for the day is in the plan, then for sure ride. Courses like Loggers, Stoneridge, Baker, Deer Run, Brookview, they are walkers. And if going off as a single, I usually ask if the pairing is riding or walking just to make my presence not too uncomfortable.
Cart path only, cart mandatory will send me away. I didnt play the wilds for a long time with that policy.
I prefer to drive when riding cause if your foot aint to the floorboard, I want to put it there. Guy I played with a lot last year... Maybe that was his tactic, gaming me. Driving slow, checking email, texting, taking calls.... aaargh...

[quote name='whysguy' timestamp='1359524919' post='6327795']
I love the idea of a monthly gathering.
Jewel early season as it does green up a little sooner way down there by Iowa.
June for Northfork.
Troy Burne/ Stoneridge/White Eagle in August ?
Giants Ridge in Sept
October?? BAck to Jewel, Wilds, Ledgends, Rum River (MnNikeguy fav and all)

And the Whysguy moniker, I am always asking WHY, Like WHY am I so addicted to this silly game. WHY do I think that the Ping Anser driver is the answer to all my ails off the tee, WHY are the governors set so damn slow, WHY do marshalls even exist if they intend to do nothing about the painfully slow play of the group right in front of me ,Like WHY am I up at midnite pondering all this.

Ride or walk..., if 36 for the day is in the plan, then for sure ride. Courses like Loggers, Stoneridge, Baker, Deer Run, Brookview, they are walkers. And if going off as a single, I usually ask if the pairing is riding or walking just to make my presence not too uncomfortable.
Cart path only, cart mandatory will send me away. I didnt play the wilds for a long time with that policy.
I prefer to drive when riding cause if your foot aint to the floorboard, I want to put it there. Guy I played with a lot last year... Maybe that was his tactic, gaming me. Driving slow, checking email, texting, taking calls.... aaargh...
[/quote]
We will get along great! Balls to the walls. Don't like slow play. My normal 4 some plays in 3 hours every Saturday and Sunday.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I could get some signs made at my work and maybe some prizes for closes to the pin.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

OK. MNNike

Take a breath....breathe. :to_become_senile:

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1359549767' post='6328603']
OK. MNNike

Take a breath....breathe. :to_become_senile:
[/quote]
No time for breathing! Lets play!⛳

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Haha!!!

^^^^

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

Ladahl thanks.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[i]I had to put "maybe", since my wife is due the next Friday. I like the idea. I thought of this today, run an event close to the majors. Have a southern course for our Masters, rotate for a US Open course, a Links course for The Open, and then another course for the PGA. Also, could set up a course for The Players. What do you guys think? Spring can't get here soon enough![/i]

[quote name='Guida' timestamp='1359589924' post='6332949']
Locked it on the calendar. Done deal...maybe...50/50...

-Snaphook Guida
[/quote]
Great first post. Remember, this is traditional RWC weekend buddy!!!! Get C-Bass, Puk in too!!!

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

With over half the population in the Twin Cities a metro location would work best. Going south would make it even harder for the northern golfers.

I would think you would get dramatically better turn out if you kept the location within 20 minutes of the Twin Cities.

I would also put the word out to any western Wisconsin golfers.

Count me as in.

Tom

[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1359645999' post='6336215']
With over half the population in the Twin Cities a metro location would work best. Going south would make it even harder for the northern golfers.

I would think you would get dramatically better turn out if you kept the location within 20 minutes of the Twin Cities.

[b]I would also put the word out to any western Wisconsin golfers.[/b]

Count me as in.

Tom
[/quote]

I'm listening!

In fact, I'm going to be working a booth for our Management Company, Wilson Golf Group, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday at the golf show. If any of you guys are there, please stop and say hi. I'll be the fat guy with the Turtleback logo... :-)

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Hey guys... The Jewel has us down for May 18th.....

Check out the first post for updates

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1359668084' post='6339293']
Hey guys... The Jewel has us down for May 18th.....

Check out the first post for updates
[/quote]

Dirty.....Now just 4 months of anticipation. Well 4 months and purchases of 3 drivers, 2 sets of irons, 8 wedges, 4 putters, 3 pairs of shoes, 10 dozen balls. What am I missing?

^A sweet bucket hat?^

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

Ask Guida about one of our famous Jewel trips... Only room left in town was at the Sunset Motel....

Think Cape Fear meets Trains, Planes & Automobiles.....meets children under the stairs (wait! that was our Giants Ridge trip) :)

Looking forward to it boys! I'll keep you updated as I get them... Recruit, recruit, recruit!!!

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4