Srixon Z-URC

Gxgolfer

The all new Srixon Z-URC is the latest edition to a franchise that has been a part of remarkable performances on the world’s professional tours.

So you get pinpoint precision and incredible feel with approach shots, around the greens and off the putter. And all without sacrificing distance with the driver. Need proof? Look no further than Jim Furyk who went from 7th to 2nd in the Official World Rankings while winning twice and amassing an incredible 11 Top 4 finishes – all with the Z-URC.

* 3 Piece Construction

* Our most soft and ultra-thin Urethane-elastomer cover

* High Trajectory 330 dimple pattern

* Z-URC - A new benchmark in Urethane performance technology

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I just finished a full round with the ZUR-C. I typically play the ZUR-S so I was interested in how the C would play.

Distance: I thought that the C was maybe a yard or two longer off the irons than the S. However, it definitely was longer off of the driver and 3 wood. By ten yards easy. (BTW I have a 105 driver SS).

Feel: This is where the C fell a little short. It's a pretty firm ball for my SS. It felt good on full shots, but it felt more like the ZUR than I would prefer. The S is very very soft, which is what I like. On chipping it was more difficult for me to control out of the rough because it would definitely jump off the face, but this may just require some getting used to as I think the firm feel had me easing up on those shots.

Spin/Control: The ball has very good spin control. Better than the ZUR-S. It checks up a bit more, but not like a ProV(which is too much). I was able to get a 155 yard 7 iron to take one hop and stop with this club. I also hit a very poor 110 yard bunker shot that was hit scaldingly low and thin but still checked up on the green. I also thought the ball held its line very well in the breeze, but it was not a full club wind. It does have a noticeable seem so I'm curious if it will be affected by a stronger wind.

Durability: I found the durability to be like all Srixon balls - Very Good. They just don't seem to scuff up as badly as other premium balls.

Overall, this may replace the S as my ball of choice because I want a little more spin control to attack the flag with the short game. I'll give it another few rounds to see if it stays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Softer. Not as soft as the ZurS but nice. This is the only premium ball that you see a noticeable length difference. It is deep! I am sold on Srixon ZurC.

I bought both the Z-URS and Z-URC to try. Both are great! I think the Z-URC spins more, the Z-URS seems a little longer. I play on greens that can be hard and very fast (13+ last weekend, US Open fast). I think I'm going to play the URC when it's dry and I need the spin, the URS when the greens are more receptive. Not sure yet

Srixon experts, any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

I played this ball today and was shocked; I have a new favorite. Note quite as soft off the irons/driver for me as the Pro V1X but checks up much. much better on chips (perhaps even better than the Pro V1?), and is more durable and perhaps 5-10yds longer. Similar performance on wedge and irons - but just doesn't feel as soft with my ss (105 5 iron / 120 driver). Did think I noticed a slight tendency to balloon that I haven't seen with the other premium balls (???).

• 9 months later...

Srixon says that this is supposed to have the least spin of the ZUR family but like some others here I thought it had more than the ZUR and ZUR-S. This is a great ball unless you need the spin. For someone who could use a little less spin this is right on.

Taylormade `16 M2 8.5 - KKDC 70TX
Titleist 906f4 - Matrix Ozik Altus 
Srixon U65 20* - Aerotech Steelfiber i95S
Srixon Z785 Raw - KBS C-Taper lite X
Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 56* (bent to 57) KBS $-TaperS
Odyssey White Hot Pro 7CS
Srixon Z Star XV

This is a great ball unless you need the spin. For someone who could use a little less spin this is right on.

I would agree with this. I won 2 sleeves of these on a par 3 contest Fri and gamed them Sunday. I was really impressed good distance, decent feel, I'm a very high ball flight high spin player. These were outstanding for me on approach shots Lw-5 iron not one shot I hit was the ball more than 3 feet from the ball mark. With my 2008 one platinums I bad habit of spinning wedges off greens sometimes. The one downside I noticed to the Z-URC is short game spin.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]