LIVE Q&A w/ NIKE GOLF - Feb 7, 2013 - Read the Transcripts

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1360794005' post='6423245']
He easily could have used language to skate the truth that it isn't EXACTLY the same. Instead, it is a blatant lie.
Don't come on to a place that has pictures of Tiger's putter IN-HAND and stock 001s and say it is the EXACT putter.
[/quote][quote name='QMany' timestamp='1360794005' post='6423245']
He easily could have used language to skate the truth that it isn't EXACTLY the same. Instead, it is a blatant lie.
Don't come on to a place that has pictures of Tiger's putter IN-HAND and stock 001s and say it is the EXACT putter.
[/quote]

All oems do this same thing, it's just a stock answer.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^My guess is they use this answer for simplicity. It's the "What they don't know won't hurt them" little white lie so to speak. (I don't agree with it. A lie is a lie) But wrxers and highly knowledgeable golfers are less than 10% of the golfing population (guessing..could be less...could be little more). I'm not trying to be mean or offensive when I say this, but most golfers don't have a clue about these things. Case in point....I can't tell you how many times I have to answer questions like 1) Whats the loft of a three wood? 2) Isnt' PW about 50 deg now? 3)Is the 56 more loft than the 60? 4) Can you tell me about these "hy-birds?" (no that is not a typo). And really that's just some of the questions I get from guys that have probably been playing longer than I've been alive (I'm 35). Maybe I'm being judgemental, but do these guys really need to know the difference between a Nike Method 001 and Tiger's Method. Again, most of the people I talk to in my store can't even name the putter, they just know it's Nike. I'll say it again, I'm not trying to be mean to these guys, cause in another way they really get it. They don't care about these things. They play golf for FUN. It doesn't matter to them what the loft of the 5 wood is, they just know when to hit and then go find the ball and hit it again. Sometimes I wish this was all I knew about golf. Just tell me when the tee time is and at what course and let's go have fun. Don't tell me Tiger is playing a prototype that came out before the Method launched at we will never be able to buy his exact specs. Just tell me he's putting with a Method. Then I can decide whether to pay $149 or $249-269.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1360844945' post='6426353']
^^^My guess is they use this answer for simplicity. It's the "What they don't know won't hurt them" little white lie so to speak. (I don't agree with it. A lie is a lie) [b]But wrxers and highly knowledgeable golfers are less than 10% of the golfing population [/b](guessing..could be less...could be little more). I'm not trying to be mean or offensive when I say this, but most golfers don't have a clue about these things. Case in point....I can't tell you how many times I have to answer questions like 1) Whats the loft of a three wood? 2) Isnt' PW about 50 deg now? 3)Is the 56 more loft than the 60? 4) Can you tell me about these "hy-birds?" (no that is not a typo). And really that's just some of the questions I get from guys that have probably been playing longer than I've been alive (I'm 35). Maybe I'm being judgemental, but do these guys really need to know the difference between a Nike Method 001 and Tiger's Method. Again, most of the people I talk to in my store can't even name the putter, they just know it's Nike. I'll say it again, I'm not trying to be mean to these guys, cause in another way they really get it. They don't care about these things. They play golf for FUN. It doesn't matter to them what the loft of the 5 wood is, they just know when to hit and then go find the ball and hit it again. Sometimes I wish this was all I knew about golf. Just tell me when the tee time is and at what course and let's go have fun. Don't tell me Tiger is playing a prototype that came out before the Method launched at we will never be able to buy his exact specs. Just tell me he's putting with a Method. Then I can decide whether to pay $149 or $249-269.
[/quote]
I agree with what you were saying. But don't come on GolfWRX, where that 10% is, and try to blow smoke up their a$$. Does more harm than good.

Either word the answer where it is not a lie, or don't even choose to answer the question.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I can understand where he is coming from. If you buy a putter off the rack and have it regripped, it is not exaclty like a putter off the rack but it is the same as the putter off the rack. Likewise, his putter may have some personal customization done (head weight, grind, grip, lie angle, etc..) but it essentially is the same putter that they sell.

Why people want to use his exact putter that was built to his specifications and obviously not to the person buy it, I do not understand. I also do agree that he could have worded it better.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

Has anyone won one of these yet ?

[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/size][/font][/i][/b]

Just wish I could have been here live, but I had more pressing issues with my son at the hospital. anyways it was nice to see NIKE answer my question about who forged their irons and ENDO has been doing their irons. If I want a fight take it on with Mr. Tom Stites.....lol. I just like to hear it from the horses mouth as to people who say Nike's irons are junk and that they are chinese forgings and so on. I always have felt like the fist set of Nike Pro Combo's and Original blades were some of the best feeling irons they ever made. i'll have to try the New blades again.

Thanks for answering my question NIKE! Tiger Woods!!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1360794005' post='6423245']
[/quote]

What do you think are the differences in Tiger's model and the retail version besides stamping and grip?

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

Okay lads, so Nike tried to be a little sly about TW's Method. Even if it is not the same as the retail model, consider these questions.

- how would that change [b]YOUR [/b]putting skill?

- if they offered the exact same specs for $450, would you buy it?

- how do you know his specs would even be compatible to your stance, eye alignment, stroke path and feel?

All the angst over this issue is a waste of energy. Nike is not the only one to slide one by the public. TM has been doing it for years. I remember a Q/A session with TM a few years ago on this very DB, where the TM executive [b]swore[/b] that all the Tour heads were identical to the retails offerings.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

To provide additional incentive, if you ask a question and it's answered during the Q&A, you'll be entered in a random drawing for one of two Covert drivers (one tour, one non-tour). Still cant finde who won these ? sorry if i missed it.

[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/size][/font][/i][/b]

[quote name='BILLYMALOOLY' timestamp='1361157089' post='6449225']
To provide additional incentive, if you ask a question and it's answered during the Q&A, you'll be entered in a random drawing for one of two Covert drivers (one tour, one non-tour). Still cant finde who won these ? sorry if i missed it.
[/quote]

I bet they nixed the while things since Nike pretty much answered 90% of the questions asked.

Maybe, I just can't see it that way because of how that scene is now. It's pretty cutthroat than what it used to be. I actually sold some of my collection to buy the clubs I currently have in my bag, and considering selling more to get the Covert and my a set of VRS forged irons :lol:

Like I posted earlier though, it would be cool to see some of those shoes converted to golf shoes for the public. I would love to see how the AJ XIII and AJ XII would turn out.

:)

tumblr_lty67bWzKp1qaizj8.jpg

LOL

[quote name='blblco02' timestamp='1361251529' post='6456441']
No, they really are fake:) The Jumpman Air on the back should be black, not red, and the soles look goofy compared to the real III's.
[/quote]

Yup you're right that the Jumpman in the regular Cement colorway Air Jordan III is black and it doesn't have the "window" in the sole, but what you FAILED to notice is that I have spikes on them. At least get your details right before you call someone out :)

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1361288455' post='6458015']
I forgot to ask about cotton! Kind of disappointed they no longer use cotton in the tiger line or any line for that matter. That's why I love Travis Matthews right now.
[/quote]

Don't you find cotton more uncomfortable in the deaf heat of summer? The techy fabrics are just so much more comfortable to me in the mid west humid heat.

Maybe, I just can't see it that way because of how that scene is now. It's pretty cutthroat than what it used to be. I actually sold some of my collection to buy the clubs I currently have in my bag, and considering selling more to get the Covert and my a set of VRS forged irons :lol:

Like I posted earlier though, it would be cool to see some of those shoes converted to golf shoes for the public. I would love to see how the AJ XIII and AJ XII would turn out.

:)

tumblr_lty67bWzKp1qaizj8.jpg

Are these just Jordan III "football cleats" with golf spikes? Like these...

WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1361294894' post='6458691']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1361288455' post='6458015']
I forgot to ask about cotton! Kind of disappointed they no longer use cotton in the tiger line or any line for that matter. That's why I love Travis Matthews right now.
[/quote]

Don't you find cotton more uncomfortable in the deaf heat of summer? The techy fabrics are just so much more comfortable to me in the mid west humid heat.
[/quote]

I agree about comfort, but cotton is ideal when you want to wear it at work or go somewhere after a round or nine holes. The full poly stuff ends up stinking to high heaven unless you spray it with Febreeze sport before you wear it.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Nike Golf' timestamp='1360340662' post='6388211']
[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1360324300' post='6386777']
I got my Covert yesterday, stock length. I put it next to my 910D2, same length, maybe .25" longer, maybe. Its virtually the same length.
[/quote]

TD: "There is an unfortunate truth to the business that we have no industry wide standards for certain specifications. Evidently our measurement system must differ slightly from there's. What I can tell you is that every one of our drivers are 45.75" in stock length based on our measuring system."
[/quote]

What is your measuring system? Would like to know...