sharpo grips

tmac7592

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that these are basically fake golfpride multicompounds but i want lime green and these grips are lime so does anyone know how durable these are and if they are worth the money or i should get the real ones

grips

My buddies have tried these grips, they only last a couple of round, save your $$ and go for the real ones... :)

• 2 years later...

I say you just buy it. I purchased Sharpro grips off of eBay a couple of months ago....same lime green color, as a matter of fact. I love them. There is NO way they only last a "couple of rounds." I've already played more than a couple of rounds with them and other than the paint of certain parts fading, they feel pretty much as good as new.

Even toilet paper affixed to the shaft with double sided tape wouldn't be knackered after two rounds.

They look and feel a bit different to the equivalent Golf Pride grip, but from what I gather the Sharpros are of decent quality and stack up very well against more expensive grips (i.e. all other grips). A friend has been using them for a while and is very happy with them - although not the fact that black ones are nigh on impossible to find amongst all the silly colours. 

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

They are not at all the same a GPNDMC if you actually LOOK at them both and compare!

Sharpro are alright unless u play alot therefore they are rubbish,

Spend some money and get the real thing !! ,

Jack x.

There is a slight difference in cosmetics, but no difference in terms of feel in my opinion. Have you tried the Sharpros?

What are people considering to be 'wearing out really fast?'

Obviously, I'm assuming a couple of rounds is an exaggeration, but I don't find that grips wear out remarkably quickly; whatever they are. I reckon I play around 60-70 rounds a year, plus a reasonable amount of time of time on the practice ground and of on-course practice in a morning or evening. Basically, a normal schedule for a keen, reasonably competent player who takes the game seriously and makes time to maintain a reasonable (and reasonably frequent) level of play.

With that amount of golf - with a bit of basic cleaning every few weeks and a buffing up of the cord each month or so - I easily get 18 months out of a set of grips, and occasionally more. The first to go are usually the wedges, mainly because the cord wears away and they lose the abrasive surface feel that I prefer, but it's never before a year is up, and often they last considerably longer.

I'm the first to complain about grip prices (especially the ridiculous mark up for cord grips over plain rubber) but I honestly can't say that they're a rip off from a longevity standpoint. If grips aren't abused and are subject to some basic upkeep, they last for years. I've still got a Victory Cord on my old Joe Powell driver. Admittedly, it doesn't see much use and it's kept in a staff bag in a dark cupboard, but it must be 20 years old now and the cord's still fresh, it's not glazed over and the lip isn't crazing or cracking.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

My buddies have tried these grips, they only last a couple of round, save your $ and go for the real ones... :wave:

They are not at all the same a GPNDMC if you actually LOOK at them both and compare!

Sharpro are alright unless u play alot therefore they are rubbish,

Spend some money and get the real thing !! ,

Jack x.

How could two grips that come off the same manufacturing line and use the same patented manufacturing techniques be so different from eachother?

I have used both grips and they feel exactly the same, wear exactly the same, and look NEARLY exactly the same.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to justify the fact that they paid over 2x as much for the same grips with a different name.

Get the Sharpros and hit the course!

I picked up a set of 13 Sharpro white cords (they are a fathers day present) off of ebay for $49. I am pretty impressed with the quality and love the look. I also like that part of my last name is on my grip!

Just did the same exact thing. Did you get from the guy that includes the free putter grip? Not a bad deal, and free shipping. I replaced a GP and cannot tell a difference in feel, though I have not hit it yet.

I picked up a set of 13 Sharpro white cords (they are a fathers day present) off of ebay for $49. I am pretty impressed with the quality and love the look. I also like that part of my last name is on my grip!

Just did the same exact thing. Did you get from the guy that includes the free putter grip? Not a bad deal, and free shipping. I replaced a GP and cannot tell a difference in feel, though I have not hit it yet.

I did order from the same guy. I just received the package today (2 days after I won the auction). I am hoping to hit up Golf Galaxy tomorrow for some grip tape so I can regrip my irons this weekend.

I did order from the same guy. I just received the package today (2 days after I won the auction). I am hoping to hit up Golf Galaxy tomorrow for some grip tape so I can regrip my irons this weekend.

Same here, and I'm way on the other side of the country. Figured it would be at least tomorrow. Now if only the putter grip was something besides brown :lol:

Turbo4door,

I regripped my clubs tonight. I found that you have to use as little solvent as possible and keep the grip as dry as possible. The black part runs into the white if the solvent is on it and you rub it while lining up the grip. What I ended up doing was after pooring out the solvent onto the tape on the shaft, I would dry the grip with a towel. I patted it down. Then I after putting the grip on, I would pat it down again. I didn't have much bleeding when using this technique.

I work with both grips on a near daily basis. They are very similar, but do have subtle differences. The Sharpros have a bit thicker feel and more cord. I don't play either nor have a bias towards either, but thought I'd point those two out that I notice. Sharpros are very durable and feel great though, and for the money, you can't beat 'em!

Gimme Lamkins please... :clapping:

Turbo4door,

I regripped my clubs tonight. I found that you have to use as little solvent as possible and keep the grip as dry as possible. The black part runs into the white if the solvent is on it and you rub it while lining up the grip. What I ended up doing was after pooring out the solvent onto the tape on the shaft, I would dry the grip with a towel. I patted it down. Then I after putting the grip on, I would pat it down again. I didn't have much bleeding when using this technique.

Yeah, I noticed this same issue. Kind of pissing me off a bit, even though its very subtle.

Thankfully I have only done one so far. Going to be reshafting the clubs today and putting the Sharpro's on so I'll try your tip. Thanks!

Turbo4door,

Hi,

Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer the old method of using masking tape and Bostik Rubber Gum to attach grips and it clears my nose at the same time.

Cheerz :) :D ;)