2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

It is getting out of control with fans yelling stuff after players hit! (merged)

Eec55

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1377014012' post='7712674']
[quote name='Sniperman' timestamp='1377011830' post='7712400']
And of course they're all in their 20s, except for the 33yo who must believe that "30 is the new 20"

**smh**

As one poster wrote, it will probably get worse before it gets better. Why wait til something truly offensive is blurted out before taking action?
[/quote]

truly offensive or the guy who mistimes his shout and yells before impact and causes the player to toe his drive into someone's face.
[/quote]

The likelihood of both of these happening is pretty high. Maybe not driving the ball into a spectator but someone screaming some nonsense that causes a player to miss a drive and ultimately lose a tournament. Hopefully this won't happen but with how ridiculous it got at the PGA Championship I have to believe it's only a matter of time.

I found the "offenders" responses interesting, a few seemed to say oh yeah it was a one time deal and I'll likely never do it again, while others have said, I do it for every shot I watch and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Curious to see if the Tour or any tournament officials will respond to this issue or just let it happen. Unfortunately the downside of writing that article is these knuckleheads get an extension of the fifteen seconds of fame that they were looking for in the first place.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keegan was on the Stern show on Monday and encouraged people to keep shouting BaBa Booey, says he loves it. So with Dufner and Bradley both going on the show and giving their approval, it certainly won't be getting better anytime soon. Maybe eventually they'll get bored with it but some of the geniuses in the Golf Channel article seem oblivious. They say no one ever says anything negative to them so they think they're being the comedian and love the attention.

I say we divvy up the names and go pay these jackwagons a visit. Set up shop with a folding chair on the sidewalk in front of their house and scream inane garbage every time they come out to get in the car or get the paper or take the trash out. Get their home numbers and call them every hour yelling Chewbacca and hanging up. If enough of us did it... They ruin our golf experience so we should ruin the rest of their week. Window lickers.

On Golf Ch this morning they discussed it. Poulter is in for a treat. Basically Ty Votaw stated as long as tickets are being sold blah blah. Greed wins. Ignorance is winning.

Taylor Made M4 Project X HAZRDS
Ping I20 5-pw
Ping Eye 2+ BECU 3,4 iron
Titleist Vokey SM6 54,60
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red putter
Titleist 917f 3 wood

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1377105325' post='7719836']
If Poulter gets crap, dont be suprised if he sits down and refuses to play unless the offenders are removed, Bradley and Duffner are idiots, They really should know better, this is not funny at all and is out of control ,
[/quote]

poults is *definitely* going to get crapped on this weekend and my hope is that he goes postal on the offenders. he's going to need an extra security detail imho. it would be pretty funny if he could find a taser company to sponsor him for this week.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1377105764' post='7719878']
If Poulter gets crap, dont be suprised if he sits down and refuses to play unless the offenders are removed, Bradley and Duffner are idiots, They really should know better, this is not funny at all and is out of control ,
[/quote]

poults is *definitely* going to get crapped on this weekend and my hope is that he goes postal on the offenders. he's going to need an extra security detail imho. it would be pretty funny if he could find a taser company to sponsor him for this week.
[/quote]

Poulter may well make a stand, he does not mind sticking his "chin" out, It will be intresting to see if he does what action the PGA will take, but knowing them the will probably fine Poulter

[/quote]

Really like Duf and Bradley is good too but they are idiots on this issue. Poulter is correct. The PGA/USGA are also idiots to allow this to go on.

[quote name='Frankie Lob Wedge' timestamp='1377109234' post='7720258']
[/quote]

Really like Duf and Bradley is good too but they are idiots on this issue. Poulter is correct. The PGA/USGA are also idiots to allow this to go on.
[/quote]

Like the guy in the attached article (and Poulter) says, "At Augusta it will happen ONCE." The PGA Tour organizers have to get a grip on this. Those guys are idiots.

http://digitalmag.globalgolfpost.com/20130819/20130819#&pageSet=24&page=0

Valhalla, I am coming!
Drums beating, cold English blood
runs hot.
they just can't kill the beast

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1377115251' post='7720818']
[quote name='Frankie Lob Wedge' timestamp='1377109234' post='7720258']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Like the guy in the attached article (and Poulter) says, "At Augusta it will happen ONCE." The PGA Tour organizers have to get a grip on this. Those guys are idiots.

[url="http://digitalmag.globalgolfpost.com/20130819/20130819#&pageSet=24&page=0"]http://digitalmag.gl...geSet=24&page=0[/url]
[/quote]

LOL! Watney says it is more annoying for people watching on TV. You got that right. The people there who did not pay for screaming are not thrilled either. The whole Facebook, attention whore generation of mostly needy children and man children.

Like Ian said - at Augusta - it happens ONCE and then bye bye. It is just common courtesy. I will not go to movies because of the idiots who ruin it for everyone with cell phones, texting, talking, yelling and on and on.

[/quote]

I have come to respect Poulter a lot more in the last few weeks for having the stones to come out publicly and say that this crap is stupid and unnecessary...I expect him to take some heat but I just hope he doesn't back off of any of his statements...I would love to see him take a stand...hopefully others will follow his lead and join him in being vocal in their disapproval

What's in the Bag
Driver - TaylorMade R11tp 8*, Fujikura Blur 65X
3 Wood - Cobra Speedzone Big Tour 13.5*, Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X

5 Wood - Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5*, Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X
Hybrid - TaylorMade R11tp 16*, Aldila RIP 85X
Irons - Titleist 620 CB (3-6), 620 MB (7-9), DynaGold X100
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8 48.10F, 54.12D, 60.12D, DynaGold X100
Putter - Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball - Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='Eec55' timestamp='1377100305' post='7719220']
On Golf Ch this morning they discussed it. Poulter is in for a treat. Basically Ty Votaw stated as long as tickets are being sold blah blah. Greed wins. Ignorance is winning.
[/quote]

Yes Mr. Votaw, I'm sure ticket sales would plunge if those who shouted inanities were removed from the golf course.

[quote name='Eec55' timestamp='1377100305' post='7719220']
[/quote]

Ty Votaw should be fired. He's a disgrace.

I guess if I buy a ticket I can do anything I want. I think I'll bring my clubs and tee it up at the next tournament. When they try to stop me I'll just say, "I bought a ticket."

[quote name='Josh L.' timestamp='1377223020' post='7729036']
Saw Poulter tweeted that someone who shouted Baba Booey was "swiftly removed" at the Barclays today.
[/quote]

That is amazing if that's true! I didn't get a chance to see any of the coverage today so was it any better or worse regarding the loudmouth morons?

[quote name='goloworgohome' timestamp='1377180684' post='7724996']
[/quote]

I have come to respect Poulter a lot more in the last few weeks for having the stones to come out publicly and say that this crap is stupid and unnecessary...I expect him to take some heat but I just hope he doesn't back off of any of his statements...I would love to see him take a stand...hopefully others will follow his lead and join him in being vocal in their disapproval
[/quote]

Same here. I've never been a big fan of him, but I'm glad to see him speaking out against it.

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1377284563' post='7733053']
[quote name='fore' timestamp='1377249158' post='7730262']
I didn't see all the Barclays coverage thursday but I didn't hear any idiots yelling.
[/quote]

Looks like it was late in the day.

[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/poulter-fan-kicked-out-for-baba-booey-shout/"]http://www.golfchann...ba-booey-shout/[/url]
[/quote]

Yup, I saw that.

From that :

[color=#323232]Votaw explained. “ I’m not sure shouting ‘mashed potatoes’ after a guy hits the ball is disruptive. It might be irksome, but it may not fall into that category of disruptive to the competition.”[/color]

It detracts from the other spectator's enjoyment. Apparently a couple dozen screaming idiots are more important than thousands of patrons and hundreds of thousands of TV viewers.

[color=#282828]Yell all you want. Bunch of cry babies. We will make sure and ask the crowd to be silent when Lebron has 2 free throws to win the game, Jeter is up in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, or when[color=#000000]Vinatieri has a kick to win the game. [/color][/color]

[color=#282828][color=#000000]Silence please![/color][/color]

[quote name='redraider' timestamp='1377289646' post='7733469']
[color=#282828]Yell all you want. Bunch of cry babies. We will make sure and ask the crowd to be silent when Lebron has 2 free throws to win the game, Jeter is up in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, or when[color=#000000]Vinatieri has a kick to win the game. [/color][/color]

[/quote]

If that is the comparison you are choosing to draw it just proves you don't get it...try yelling at Wimbledon and see what happens

"Those who don't get it don't get that they don't get it"

What's in the Bag
Driver - TaylorMade R11tp 8*, Fujikura Blur 65X
3 Wood - Cobra Speedzone Big Tour 13.5*, Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X

5 Wood - Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5*, Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X
Hybrid - TaylorMade R11tp 16*, Aldila RIP 85X
Irons - Titleist 620 CB (3-6), 620 MB (7-9), DynaGold X100
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8 48.10F, 54.12D, 60.12D, DynaGold X100
Putter - Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball - Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='stevesnis' timestamp='1377288013' post='7733337']
I haven't read the entire 27 page thread but has anyone suggested that they just turn off the mics or even remove the mics from the tee boxes? The idiots yelling are absolutely doing it to get on tv. Remove the mics and you'll barely hear them and eventually it'll stop.
[/quote]

It has been mentioned.

I read somewhere that Gary McCord asked the tech folks about it as well. Don't know what they answered.

[quote name='goloworgohome' timestamp='1377289952' post='7733495']

[/quote]

If that is the comparison you are choosing to draw it just proves you don't get it...try yelling at Wimbledon and see what happens

[/quote]

I do get it. Same for tennis. Let them cheer, yell, whatever. My opinion.

[quote name='redraider' timestamp='1377290823' post='7733563']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't get it at all. And you can stop posting the exact same thing in multiple threads too. The shouting morons are dumb and so is anyone who thinks it's funny.

[quote name='prorobo' timestamp='1377290977' post='7733575']
[quote name='redraider' timestamp='1377290823' post='7733563']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't get it at all. And you can stop posting the exact same thing in multiple threads too. The shouting morons are dumb and so is anyone who thinks it's funny.
[/quote]

As long as us golfers think its funny, it will continue. I think its hilarious.
no need to meltdown.

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1377291340' post='7733609']
I'm curious as to how all those in pro "yelling" camp would feel if these d bags followed you around and pulled the same crap...

I'm guessing it would last a half dozen holes before you went all fun house mirror on their asses...
[/quote]

Nope, we bust balls continuously in our Sat game.

It's also a terrible analogy because we dont have 10k people cheering when we make a putt like a PGA tour event. Apples and Oranges. These guys arent playing a 20$ nassau. They are playing in front of thousands of people. Its a sporting event. Treat it as such.