Kraft Nabisco Championship...your thoughts.

Mr22putt

Lydia Ko is being paired with Michelle Wie. Can't say I love this pairing for Lydia who grew up idolizing Michelle. Given all the issues with Michelle's golf game, I would categorize the situation as a distraction for Ko. I hope I'm wrong and Ko is in the mix on Sunday.

It's time to grab the pebble from my hand grasshopper.

keye-luke.jpg

I don't think this will be an issue for Ko. I see this as more as an issue for Wie because with the condition of her game, she might be intimidated by Ko's presence and game.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MileHighClub' timestamp='1364998322' post='6750761']
[quote name='citizencage' timestamp='1364992647' post='6750177']
Lydia Ko is being paired with Michelle Wie. Can't say I love this pairing for Lydia who grew up idolizing Michelle. Given all the issues with Michelle's golf game, I would categorize the situation as a distraction for Ko. I hope I'm wrong and Ko is in the mix on Sunday.
[/quote]

How many strokes will Ko beat Wie by for each round? My guess is at least two.
[/quote]

I say 2 aside. After 2 days of play LK will be 8 shots ahead.

wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1364954502' post='6748519']
[quote name='Trugravity' timestamp='1364948831' post='6747849']
Can't disagree with I.K being the sentimental pick. Also, Korda has had a nice year and I look for her to get into the mix. And, as always, pulling for Aza and Belen. While the course seems to favor the big big hitters, Morgan Pressel and Donna Andrews have won here too. So, the course has a history of rewarding those that play well.

Good to hear there will be plenty of coverage too!!!
[/quote]

Although a long shot....I'm rooting for Belen to jump in Poppy's pond for obvious reasons.
[/quote]

WOHOOOO I would replay that over and over again. Slow mo - back up -slow mo - back up slow momomomomomomo!!!!! :birthday::censored2::idhitit::partytime2::rockon::swoon::air_kiss::crazy2::fan_1::fan_1::fan_1::busted2::busted2::sorry::sorry::worth::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I say one of the Spanish Armada and I would be a happy man. I look for IK to try to get some redemption but she may have too many demons to battle. After seeing Karrie hit beautiful 5 yard draws with every club in her bag at in Phoenix, it leads me to believe she can get it done. Inbee is always tough. BUT, I am going with [u][i][b]So Yeon Ryu[/b][/i][/u]. She is very consistent and I look for her to get 4 good rounds and make a splash on Sunday. It will be interesting to see if she puts her rain suit on first. She has been known to be very modest.

[quote name='tesuquegolfer' timestamp='1365005234' post='6751463']
Can't disagree with I.K being the sentimental pick. Also, Korda has had a nice year and I look for her to get into the mix. And, as always, pulling for Aza and Belen. While the course seems to favor the big big hitters, Morgan Pressel and Donna Andrews have won here too. So, the course has a history of rewarding those that play well.

[/quote]

Although a long shot....I'm rooting for Belen to jump in Poppy's pond for obvious reasons.
[/quote]

WOHOOOO I would replay that over and over again. Slow mo - back up -slow mo - back up slow momomomomomomo!!!!! :birthday::censored2::idhitit::partytime2::rockon::swoon::air_kiss::crazy2::fan_1::fan_1::fan_1::busted2::busted2::sorry::sorry::worth::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
[/quote]

Tes
You'd freak out if Belen won and jumped in the pond and forgot to read the memo not wear a white top on Sunday at the KNC.
Belen has been known for some 'blonde' moments.
Not that I would complain.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You need to switch to caffeine-free products!

[size=4]New article on Golf.com. Annika Sorenstam has some rather tough words for Michelle Wie. From the article a direct quote by Annika, [/size]
[left]"What I see now is that the talent that we all thought would be there is not there."[/left]

[left][color=#000000][size=3][url="http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/annika-sorenstam-gunning-become-course-designing-wine-peddling-super-brand#ixzz2PQL6jQX6"]http://www.golf.com/...d#ixzz2PQL6jQX6[/url][/size][/color][/left]

[quote name='tesuquegolfer' timestamp='1365007678' post='6751701']
If I were there and she won they would have to call security to get me off her as I would jump in the lake, drag her out, and give her moth to mouth. I am a giver, what can I say! :superman:
[/quote]

Tes
Besides changing to a Belen avatar.....what would Aza do if she saw you playing hockey tonsils with Belen...she might get jealous and never reply to you again on Facebook and de-friend you and after your wife finds out you'll need to update your status to 'single'. :cheesy:

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365011463' post='6752111']
[size=4]New article on Golf.com. Annika Sorenstam has some rather tough words for Michelle Wie. From the article a direct quote by Annika, [/size]

[left]"What I see now is that the talent that we all thought would be there is not there."[/left]

[left][color=#000000][size=3][url="http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/annika-sorenstam-gunning-become-course-designing-wine-peddling-super-brand#ixzz2PQL6jQX6"]http://www.golf.com/...d#ixzz2PQL6jQX6[/url][/size][/color][/left]
[/quote]

[b][color=black][size="3"]Michelle Wie subsequently made several starts on the PGA Tour. Do you think that devalued your appearance at the Colonial?[/size][/color][/b]
[color=black][size="3"]I don’t think it mattered to my career, but I don’t think it helped her career. I think we see some of it today. I think she jumped in way too deep, and I think it had some tough consequences for her. I walked away with an amazing experience. I don’t necessarily think she did.[/size][/color]
[color=black][size="3"] [/size][/color]
[b][color=black][size="3"]Has she ever come to you for advice?[/size][/color][/b]
[color=black][size="3"]No.[/size][/color]
[b][color=black][size="3"]A couple of years ago you criticized Wie, who was then an undergrad at Stanford, for focusing too much on her education and not enough on golf. Do you stand by that opinion?[/size][/color][/b]
[color=black][size="3"]I never criticized her for getting an education. I said that I think it’s funny for her to go to Stanford when she’s at the peak of her career. I mean she’s almost gone backwards. She played more when she was younger and less when she’s older. Getting a degree from Stanford is something I applaud her for, but it’s funny to not play any of the high-school stuff and play against the men, and then she gets her [LPGA] card and she plays less than she did before. I thought that was strange.[/size][/color]
[b][color=black][size="3"]She’s only 24. Couldn’t she still become the best player in the world?[/size][/color][/b]
[color=black][size="3"]She has a long way to go, let’s put it that way. There was a time when the LPGA really needed her. I thought she had a lot to bring to the table. Now she’s one out of many.[/size][/color]
[b][color=black][size="3"]Do you feel it was her obligation to help promote and market the LPGA?[/size][/color][/b]
[color=black][size="3"]She didn’t want it early on. It was more about [playing against] the men.[/size][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Either [i]she[/i] didn’t want it, or her parents or advisers didn’t.[/color][/b]
[color="#000000"]Whoever—her team. I don’t know. I don’t know them. I don’t talk to them. What I see now is that the talent that we all thought would be there is not there.[/color]

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365010750' post='6752037']
[/quote]

You need to switch to caffeine-free products!
[/quote]
I can totally see a mysterious figure sneaking out of some bushes asking to help her with her robe if this happens...

Ouch, Aza is struggling with a 40 on the back nine so far. Bea shot 38 on the back. What is happening to my Spaniards? Na Yeon is 3 under on the back. Pernilla, one of my new favs, is doing well with 3 birdies and a bogey thru 13. Lydia and MW neck in neck after 7. My pick So Yeon has 2 birdies and 1 bogey thru 8. I know it's early but...

Na Yeon and Suzanne in the clubhouse at -4. The beer must be tasting pretty good for those 2. 2 of my 3 Spaniards didn' have a good day. Aza at +4 and Bea at +3. Hopefully they will get it figured out and have better rounds from here. C'mon Belen! SoYeon holding on at even thru 17. I always look at where the 3rd place finisher is as there aren't too many wire to wire winners. So for now one at -3 and many at -2.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365097447' post='6760883']
If the LPGA stats are correct, MW is averaging 288 off the tee and LK only 228. Lydia must be off her game today as he's only 4 of 10 in GIR.

The world's #1 female, 6 of the lead at +3.
[/quote]

Stats thru 18 show MW at 257 and Ko at 237. MW hit 6/14 fairways and Ko hit 10. MW hit 12/18 GIR while Ko hit 9/18. Looks like neither is rolling the rock today or they are leaving them in bad spots.

I am not sure if I mentioned Gerina Pilar. I met her in Phoenix and had a nice chat since we are both from NM. She was really nice and has a great game. I think she is going to get better with time. She is 3 under thru 9. She is averaging 275 off the tee. Her length can become a real advantage for her as she gains experience.

[quote name='tesuquegolfer' timestamp='1365111158' post='6762619']
Agree that Na Yeon can be very consistent. I figure she will be up there in the top 5 in the end.
[/quote]

Watched her swing "On the Range" and the instructors all commented that there are no flaws in her swing. Personal opinion, she's going to be #1 soon. Whether she can hold on it it is another story completely. Seems to have a good temperament and a bit of a fun side on the course. She smiles a lot which I think is a good thing. She was another golfer who started to come into her own once getting away from the strict parental overview.