Kraft Nabisco Championship...your thoughts.

Mr22putt

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1365207805' post='6771163']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365204974' post='6770867']
Gentlemen, we have a Michelle Wie sighting.
[/quote]

How about that drive over the trees...too bad the putt didn't drop.
[/quote]
She was playing well.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

* I appreciated that Judy Rankin knew enough to use the abbreviation 'SC for Salas' school. That makes up for Judy claiming Stacy Lewis was an odds-on favorite in this event. Yikes.

* Crosshanded might be the best choice for Inbee Park. Nothing is 100%. I don't remember watching her use a different style. Overall, crosshanded has been overly praised in recent years. Nonsense like...if I had to do anything over again, I'd use crosshanded from the beginning. It's like they think they are supposed to say that, to sound up to date with the latest whisper, like keeping the shoulders square. I'll always believe it's more of a weakness than strength. Fortunately Dave Stockton is still around to reject the coddling of change, and support old standbys like a conventional grip and forward press.

* Michelle is paired with Hee Kyung Seo, not Cristie. I don't understand how that works, unless the tournament has some leeway. Michelle finished after Cristie did, and has the same score, yet Michelle is in the group following Cristie, who is paired with Korda.

* Seo and Ryu backed up down the stretch, both losing 2 shots to par over the final holes. I keep them in focus because I had win bets on each last year. I think it was 45/1 on Seo and 50/1 on Ryu...something like that. Ryu never contended but it still stings to remember that Seo had a 3 shot lead in the middle of the back nine on Sunday.

* I know where Mr22putt would be tomorrow, since Belen is paired with Natalie

* Inbee has quite a gap to the next proven winner on the LPGA

* That's not a good leaderboard for American TV purposes. It improves markedly at -2

* The cut was +5. I couldn't believe they were showing Lexi finish her round while implying that +4 was in danger of missing the cut. It was always going to be +4 or +5, with outside chance of +6 if the wind kicked up considerably.

* Lang is going to plunge off the Solheim team at this rate. At least Lexi is making cuts. Salas is already high enough in the Rolex Rankings that qualifying via that route would be a certainty if she can just maintain where she is...38th

* For some reason I can't quote text on this site right now, hence the mishmash of undirected thoughts

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1365192493' post='6769611']
[quote name='citizencage' timestamp='1365190161' post='6769383']
As far as Annika's comments towards Michelle, she's been grinding that axe for a while now. I have no idea why she continues to go on record to bash Michelle Wie, but obviously it's not helping Annika on the PR front (and neither does the wishy-washy back-tracking, blaming the reporter nonsense). Annika should stick to what she's good at - selling her elder statesmen image. If she wants to contribute comments about Women's golf, focus on the LPGA as a whole; don't scrutinize a specific player who's only fault is that she's not golfing her ball very well these days.
[/quote]

May stem from MW WD'ing out of Annika's tournament due to "wrist injury" and then heading to the range the next day to practice for next week's tournament a few years back. Annika was pretty peeved and plenty vocal about that at the time as well...
[/quote]

+1. I've been reading this thread and wondering if that was going to be brought up. At the time when MW withdrew, Annika was quite candid in her disapproval.

My guess is that with little miss blond hottie in contention their ratings are going to be good. I couldn't take my eyes off the coverage today just so I could watch hottie Jodi. That white mini skirt was just killing me. :idhitit:

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Awsi
Didn't know Belen and Natalie were paired....I'd need a big towel to catch all my drool following that pair. In all honesty...I've never follow a pro for more than 4-6 holes max at a time....too many others pros to watch....the other eye candy pairing are Paige and Pernilla.

Must be the powers of IMG to get Seo paired with MW....likely MW wanted to play with someone nice.

Ewart will likely be playing in front of a reasonable gallery with Se Ri....assuming Koreans are coming from LA.....Se Ri is the Korean Golf Queen....Se Ri was injured and didn't come to Vancouver.....so NYC was the Korean fan fav.

I like Lang and can`t understand her poor play...likely a balky flat stick....same with Aza....I believe over the long run....Beatriz will outshine Aza.

Would not mind seeing Anna Nordqvist win this one, had the pleasure of joining her for a round a few years back right before her 1st win, one heck of a player

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1365213864' post='6771785']
^^^My wife, who doesn't watch golf, was watching with me this evening and wondered where the spectators were. I was a bit surprised myself. Great vantage point for those that were there.

I was really impressed with Jodi's swing. Yowza did it look solid. As always, it'll come down to who can putt the best...
[/quote]

Apart from the USWO and Solheim.....I`ve yet to see any US event in recent years with any sizable gallery.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1365218636' post='6772233']
^^^My wife, who doesn't watch golf, was watching with me this evening and wondered where the spectators were. I was a bit surprised myself. Great vantage point for those that were there.

I was really impressed with Jodi's swing. Yowza did it look solid. As always, it'll come down to who can putt the best...
[/quote]

Apart from the USWO and Solheim.....I`ve yet to see any US event in recent years with any sizable gallery.
[/quote]

That's too bad, because there is some great golf to be seen. If I lived out there I'd be attending all four days. I usually attend seven to eight amateur events a year in my area. The golf is very compelling.

That was an interesting note about Wie always aiming outside on short putts. Noticed that today throughout the coverage as some of the camera angles were pretty good for seeing her alignment. Beyond that, even if she could get her eyes on plane with the ball using that stroke, the putter doesn't play so nicely with that kind of stroke so far as making the weight of the head manageable. I just don't see how it's going to work for her when she really needs to make putts.

Going to have to go check this thing out one year because those rope lines are freaking empty. Hang out for a bit and catch myself a wifey.

Didn't get to see what happened to mme Pettersen but it clearly wasn't good. Need to check up on Gal as well. Those skirts...

[quote name='PedronNiall' timestamp='1365229148' post='6772759']
That was an interesting note about Wie always aiming outside on short putts. Noticed that today throughout the coverage as some of the camera angles were pretty good for seeing her alignment.
[/quote]

I cry when I see a tour player putt like that.

Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

[quote name='radc24' timestamp='1365237515' post='6772885']
my thought wow over 500 post(mr22putt)there really is no social life in vancouver.
jodi looks like a 11yr old tomboy. she's not hot
[/quote][i]Riiiiiight[/i].

Nice first post. :rolleyes:

Get this: She's WAY hotter than about 90% of the Tour [i]easily[/i].

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

[/quote]

Not sure Ewart can make enough putts to win, however, she'd be a favorite for a USWO on a tight course. The proverbial fairways and green player. Solid consistent swing and ball flight.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365245786' post='6773007']
Talk about a pairing of opposites with Kerr and Jess Korda. Korda can be a goof while Kerr will be screaming at her ball the entire time.
[/quote]

Agreed that Korda can be a goof but I love her "fan friendly" attitude. Plus, she has really ramped up her level of play this year. Kerr reminds me of Nancy Grace, always ticked off...the kind of woman, whom if you were married to, you'd just as soon call your life a day:-)

[quote name='Trugravity' timestamp='1365258300' post='6773701']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365245786' post='6773007']
Talk about a pairing of opposites with Kerr and Jess Korda. Korda can be a goof while Kerr will be screaming at her ball the entire time.
[/quote]

Agreed that Korda can be a goof but I love her "fan friendly" attitude. Plus, she has really ramped up her level of play this year. Kerr reminds me of Nancy Grace, always ticked off...the kind of woman, whom if you were married to, you'd just as soon call your life a day:-)
[/quote]

With you completely on JK...I'm a fan of her as well as her style of play. She would be fun to play with while Kerr would b**** if you picked up a 2 inch putt. Kerr is the one who tells you how the toilet paper needs to hang...probably with other things.

Well JK is only, what? 18?

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I think Jesse is goofy and not a goof....nice young lady....just having fun on tour and travels most of the time on her own.

Kerr is the kinda wife where one would spent many hours at work, then you either go out later with work colleagues or play 9 holes....grab something to eat and hope she's asleep by the time you came home.

* Wie now practice strokes directly behind the ball. That's a switch since I watched her in November. I can understand wanting to practice on the same line but she's so close to the ball when practicing short putts that it leads to a tentative practice stroke, with the putter moving straight up on the follow through, almost by necessity to avoid contacting the ball. Very wide stance also. Sometimes her stance is wider than the putt is long. The new posture has calmed her hands, including on short ones, but the improvement is more dramatic everywhere except the shorties. Besides, she's still using the crosshanded grip, which in her case is a concession to nerves, a band aid. In the brief period with Stockton in 2011 Michelle used a conventional grip.

* Lang's terrible form is puzzling. I did notice that she aims absurdly far to the right, as much as 40 yards with her driver. But that can't be the entire explanation.

* I read that Hee Kyung Seo got engaged late last year. Not surprising. She's said many times she admires Juli Inkster and wants to go that route, combining family with a golf career. Seo said she tried to teach her fiance how to play golf but he's so bad she gets frustrated with lack of improvement.

* I wouldn't be cruel enough to compare anyone to Nancy Grace

Paula making a nice move, now 6 under for her last 13 holes dating to yesterday, and -4 overall.

Michelle 1-putted three consecutive holes from 3-5, now back to where she started at -2.

Kelli Kuehne has had some decent moments on the pregame. More relaxed. Maybe they are using her in studio this week to force her to react to different circumstances and open up, not so robotic and painfully awkward. It might help in her on-course role.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365261567' post='6773909']
Well JK is only, what? 18?
[/quote]

Not sure if you're saying goofiness comes with the tender age??? She recently turned 20. That said, I see goofiness as just one side of her... she's also considerate, interactive, and just plan gets it when it comes to interacting with the fans. In addition, she is hugely talented and I truly believe she will make some waves in the women's game by the time she is finished. She comes from a great family...I've seen them interact and it is clear they are grounded and fun-loving people. Bottom line, one of my favorites, very easy to pull for.