2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Washington State Golf Course Reports

FlyFish

I'm playing Suncadia - Prospector on Friday - any recent feedback?

Prospector is my second favorite course up there. I've heard good things about that course so far. Can't wait to play it this year, but as long as I can get on Tumble, that will always be my go to. Rope Rider is my least favorite.

Went to Tumble Creek yesterday for the WSGA casual day...absolutely atrocious. Course was covered in desease & mold tee to green, what a major let down. Last year it was immaculate and a lot of fun to play...but if the course was in that poor of condition for this year, fair notice should have been given. You cant have people paying top dollar & driving long distances to play a name/ranked course in that condition.

I just played 27 holes at Tumble Creek last Thursday. The course was in amazing shape! Each spring when it opens, it's always a little rough around the edges with snow mold and what not. Always comes back great. Try and get back up there mid summer for another try. Always one of my favorite course in the area.

Great to hear! I am playing Tumble Creek on Saturday 7/1. I can't WAIT! I have heard incredible things about this track. Heading over with my dad and his friend(the member). I'd love to play more than 18 but I have a feeling that is all we will have in store. I am going to do my best to talk them into at least another 9 but TBD.

You will not be disappointed. Great driving range with chipping area, small snack area and pro shop. They don't take cash there. The only thing that would make your day less than awesome is if the wind is more than 15 MPH. I've played up there with steady 25 MPH with 40 MPH gusts and it was definitely a very tough day. Two of the toughest holes is hole 9 (dogleg right par with a pretty tough approach shot) and hole 11 (straight up hill par 3 with deep traps surrounding the green and hazard right).

Enjoy your time and take lots of pictures!!

Played Tumble Creek yesterday. It was as much fun as I had hoped it would be. Beautiful course and views, everything was in great condition and a great layout - I wish I could play it more often. It was very comfortable temperature wise with blue skies but we had some wind as per usual in Cle Elum. There were a handful of tee boxes with some strong gusts in our face, but it wasn't too bad. I played well but I know that I could have shot better had I known the course a little bit better. Keeping my fingers crossed that my dad will be able to get us out there once more before the summer is over.

The day before I actually had the chance to play Snoqualmie Ridge (apparently they dropped the TPC branding?). Either way, that course was also beautiful, awesome views and a fun layout. Warmer day and not as much wind as we had at Tumble. Another round where I played well but could have shot better with more course knowledge. The biggest difference that I noticed between the two was the greens. While both were very well maintained and rolled nicely, the greens at Snoqualmie Ridge were rolling much quicker and firmer than Tumble. With that said, we played SnoRidge in the afternoon and Tumble in the morning so my thoughts are that the SnoRidge greens had some more time to dry out from the morning sprinklers.

Very fortunate to have played both of those private courses and enjoy some of the other amenities. Hoping to cross a few more private tracks off my list this year and even play those ones again. Highly recommend both if you ever have the opportunity to play either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chambers greens are not good. Thy are rolling about an 8 and are very bumpy. A few weeks ago there was a thread up that had a picture of the 6th (I think?) green and it was pretty much only dirt. The rest of the course is firm and wonderful. It hasn't rained in about 30 days in Seattle, so you really get to see the ball move on the ground out there. That being said, I'm not sure it's worth the big money with such bad greens.

can anyone comment on current conditions at:

salish cliffs

gold mountain-olympics

chambers bay

Gold mountain is in terrific shape (shocking I know). Played it the last 2 weekends.

Home course is in great shape. Greens are fast and true. They were running about an 11 or 12 on saturday.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Is gold mtn Olympic tough to walk with one of their push carts?

Its doable but I don't recommend it. I typically walk all the courses I play with my push cart and I won't do it again at gold mtn.

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Can anyone confirm if the Par 5 14th at Washington national is John fought's trubute to hells half acre at pine valley? One of my favorite par 5s I've ever played even tho we couldn't hit driver off the tee

I think the 14th is a terrible hole.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

I got out to Sudden Valley (Bellingham) last week for the first time. It's kinda out there, but in a gorgeous setting. The front and back are very different in just about every way. The one thing that remained the same was the quality of the greens; they were very fast but fair on top of looking perfect. Anyone up north should give it a shot.

Will be in Port Angeles this coming weekend for a wedding, what course(s) would be best within an hour or so drive??

Would be a mid morning round if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

The cedars at Dungeness is a pretty fun course. Well kept every time I've played there. Should only be like 15 minutes from Port Angeles.

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Will be in Port Angeles this coming weekend for a wedding, what course(s) would be best within an hour or so drive??

Would be a mid morning round if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

The cedars at Dungeness is a pretty fun course. Well kept every time I've played there. Should only be like 15 minutes from Port Angeles.

The Gold Mountain courses are only about an hour from Port Angeles, as is McCormick Woods. I played McCormick last Thursday and it was in great condition. It was playing fast, making it hard to find some of those narrow fairways. I haven't played Gold Mountain recently but it always seems to be in top shape.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

Quick question folks - Which course would be easier to get on as a show up single: The Home Course or Washington National?

Either at the start (Sat morning) or the end (Weds lunch time) of my next trip up to Vancouver, I'd like to get a round in on a neat course around Seattle and figured these two are a good shout. I'd just as soon not book and play it by ear, depending on flight arrivals/departures.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Quick question folks - Which course would be easier to get on as a show up single: The Home Course or Washington National?

Either at the start (Sat morning) or the end (Weds lunch time) of my next trip up to Vancouver, I'd like to get a round in on a neat course around Seattle and figured these two are a good shout. I'd just as soon not book and play it by ear, depending on flight arrivals/departures.

I honestly think you have a good chance at either course. Since the price is higher than most public courses in the area, they aren't as heavily trafficked. I think Home course is the more busy course (I play it often) than National.

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Weekend golf trip to Gamble Sands:

- played Desert Canyon on Fri 8/25 on the way up - good conditions, greens a little slow (compared to GS). First time playing it and it was definitely a fun track

- Gamble Sands on Sat/Sun 8/26-27 - played 3 rounds over 2 days at Gamble Sands. Incredible conditions, super fun course and staying at the brand new Inn at Gamble Sands made the trip so easy. My 2nd time playing GS but first time staying since they just opened the lodging this year. Highly recommend to stay there. Spacious rooms that walk right out to their new 100k sq ft 18 hole putting course, smaller soaking pool, fire pit and views of the Columbia River. We will absolutely be going back. I have heard that they got the green light for building the 2nd course there but no one at GS confirmed this to us. Should be fun to see this place grow!

- played Desert Canyon on Fri 8/25 on the way up - good conditions, greens a little slow (compared to GS). First time playing it and it was definitely a fun track

- Gamble Sands on Sat/Sun 8/26-27 - played 3 rounds over 2 days at Gamble Sands. Incredible conditions, super fun course and staying at the brand new Inn at Gamble Sands made the trip so easy. My 2nd time playing GS but first time staying since they just opened the lodging this year. Highly recommend to stay there. Spacious rooms that walk right out to their new 100k sq ft 18 hole putting course, smaller soaking pool, fire pit and views of the Columbia River. We will absolutely be going back. I have heard that they got the green light for building the 2nd course there but no one at GS confirmed this to us. Should be fun to see this place grow!

I played 36 at Gamble yesterday and stayed at the Inn. Couldn't recommend it more!! Second trip to Gamble and it's my favorite course!! Greens and course were super fine and fast!! Greens way faster than 2 years ago when I was out there. Inn was great and we had a lot of fun at putting course.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING VALOR CB 35"

I played 36 at Gamble yesterday and stayed at the Inn. Couldn't recommend it more!! Second trip to Gamble and it's my favorite course!! Greens and course were super fine and fast!! Greens way faster than 2 years ago when I was out there. Inn was great and we had a lot of fun at putting course.

You guys reckon the Inn is on par with the lodge/inn at Bandon? Solid mid-tier quality stuff? I was happy staying at one of the motels down the road, but onsite would be handy.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

You guys reckon the Inn is on par with the lodge/inn at Bandon? Solid mid-tier quality stuff? I was happy staying at one of the motels down the road, but onsite would be handy.

Gamble is a fantastic but Bandon is a whole different level. Bandon has a variety of food and other hangout spots along with five incredible courses right outside your door. So far, Gamble has the one course, massive and fun putting green, and only in restaurant with limited hours. I'm sure in time Gamble will develop and have even more to offer. Still an absolute blast though!

Agreed :)

I should have been clearer - I meant specifically the inn/rooms themselves - as you point out the overall facility is a much different ballgame.

F.T.

Agreed :)

I should have been clearer - I meant specifically the inn/rooms themselves - as you point out the overall facility is a much different ballgame.

I stayed in a double at Gamble and a king at the bandon Lodge. I think the room at Gamble was bigger and a little nicer...each room has their own balcony or patio and adirondack chairs.

PING VALOR CB 35"

• 3 weeks later...