Big Break Mexico... (merged)

78Staff

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's awesome to see 4 solid players left. Taylor has been solid when it's on the line, and the guys all have game... I think it's the best season competitively so far.

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1525460-docs-trouble-makers-part-deux/"]WITB Link[/url]

chad was such a dweeb. the whole thing with him vs brent was so high school it was almost painful to watch. no doubt he was a decent player but I'm glad to see him go.

9.5 R15
15* XHot Pro VTS silver
18* TM UDI
20* Adams A12 Pro GD UT95x
5-PW TM Rsi2 KBS tour
52/56/60 Sm5 Tour Chrome
Odyssey Protype #4 SS slim (2015) Ryder Cup USA
Camo Ping Hoofer

[quote name='ryan88' timestamp='1373940101' post='7461930']
[quote name='tommyrobson' timestamp='1373939352' post='7461804']
does anyone know the company that makes brents hat?
[/quote]
Believe it was discussed earlier in this thread. Not sure what page though.
[/quote]
thanks, I will look for it

[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Taylormade[/b] R1 w/ Aldila Voodoo 10*
[b]Cleveland[/b] Classic 15.5* w/ Matrix Ozik
[b]Adams [/b]DHY 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber
[b]Ping [/b]S57's w/ S300 4-W [/font][/size]
[b][font=georgia, serif]Cleveland[/font][/b][color=#010101][font=georgia, serif] 588's 52, 56, 60[/font][/color]
[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Kenny Giannini[/b] G2 Chubby [/font][/size]

I think any of the 4 players left could make a go at their respective tour honestly. They have shown tremendous game when the pressure is on.

Brent going -9 now through his elimination challenges is just crazy.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

Brent is a beast and I would absolutely root for him on the tour. He seems to have a really good head on his shoulders, hasn't really blown up like so many contestants of seasons past, and held it together when it really mattered (especially that really crappy one against the grass tonight).

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1373944155' post='7462434']
I think any of the 4 players left could make a go at their respective tour honestly. They have shown tremendous game when the pressure is on.

Brent going -9 now through his elimination challenges is just crazy.
[/quote]

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1525460-docs-trouble-makers-part-deux/"]WITB Link[/url]

Poorly produced disappointing episode. Very little suspense at all. They really should have left out the clip of Chad saying, "Brent hits squirrely shots. It takes a lot of luck for him to win." That may have worked well in early seasons of Big Break but anyone who makes over the top comments late in the series, particularly if negative and aimed at more than one person, is as good as gone. We've gone over that several times in past Big Break threads. Chad was taking wild parting stabs and Brent's eyes in confessional were clear and eager. I couldn't imagine any outcome other than Brent eliminating Chad, especially since the producers also felt compelled to use that clip from a day earlier of Chad saying he was going to bait Brent.

Too bad Liebelei flubbed that hybrid from the fairway. I would have liked to see Brent under pressure with her on the green in two. All week the promo clips showed a ball diving into the cup from the left side. I hoped that wasn't the deciding shot in the Liebelei/Brent match. But once Brent's ball settled in the left front of the green it looked like that had to be it. The show couldn't afford to devote too much time to the conclusion of that match.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373949345' post='7462842']
Poorly produced disappointing episode. Very little suspense at all. They really should have left out the clip of Chad saying, "Brent hits squirrely shots. It takes a lot of luck for him to win." That may have worked well in early seasons of Big Break but anyone who makes over the top comments late in the series, particularly if negative and aimed at more than one person, is as good as gone. We've gone over that several times in past Big Break threads. Chad was taking wild parting stabs and Brent's eyes in confessional were clear and eager. I couldn't imagine any outcome other than Brent eliminating Chad, especially since the producers also felt compelled to use that clip from a day earlier of Chad saying he was going to bait Brent.

Too bad Liebelei flubbed that hybrid from the fairway. I would have liked to see Brent under pressure with her on the green in two. All week the promo clips showed a ball diving into the cup from the left side. I hoped that wasn't the deciding shot in the Liebelei/Brent match. But once Brent's ball settled in the left front of the green it looked like that had to be it. The show couldn't afford to devote too much time to the conclusion of that match.
[/quote]

I agree. Seemed like the commentary was always opposite of the outcome of the shot. Like if they said they were confident the putt would go in they'd miss it, and vice versa. Got to be kinda predictable

In the pantheon of all time Big Break talents, It looks like Brent is at the top for me.

I've watched most of them, from the ones I remember, Silvers and Brent have looked incredible. Kent Eager from Indian Wells always looked a notch above his competitors until the final match too though.

I havent seen enough of Woodson, but he looks like a great player.

Really legit final four this year. Usually it seems someone sneaks in because of a nice shot over the flop wall, not being picked at all or having some type of immunity to escape. I think the four most talented players made it this year.

The show is fun to watch. Very unpredictable. The episode was funny because of the altercations between Chad and Taylor. I think Chad was right on the disagreement they had on who was gonna hit the shot out of the junk. Golf is a lot about momentum, and Liebelei just hit 2 awesome shots from that same lie on the previous challenge. To me, she was the obvious choice for that shot.

Brent had 8 birdies for elimination holes. Crazy. If that guy can get his drive in the fairway, he can be a force, Liebelei put him under some serious pressure.

[quote name='jarvis' timestamp='1373949374' post='7462844']
Might have been the editing but chad seemed really full of himself this episode. Couldn't help but root for brent to put him in his place.
[/quote]

Agree, I found him a bit annoying in previous episodes and I even had the impression that the girls on the team were blowing things out of proportion when it came to their criticism of him. However the last two episodes where he was "hoping and praying" Brent picked him, his comments about how he kept hitting perfect shots but kept getting unlucky, then his comments about the 265 yard 5i was too much to take.

Callaway Rogue Aldila Rogue
Callaway Rogue 3w Aldila Synergy
Callaway Rogue Hybrid 2 Aldila Synergy
Mizuno 919 Forged 4i - PW Dynamic Gold 105
Callaway MD4 Raw 52 S-Grind
Callaway MD4 Raw 56 S-Grind
Callaway MD3 60 PM Grind
Toulon Memphis

[quote name='aliikane' timestamp='1373957361' post='7463182']
The show is fun to watch. Very unpredictable. The episode was funny because of the altercations between Chad and Taylor. I think Chad was right on the disagreement they had on who was gonna hit the shot out of the junk. Golf is a lot about momentum, and Liebelei just hit 2 awesome shots from that same lie on the previous challenge. To me, she was the obvious choice for that shot.
[/quote]

I agree and that was one of the situation that led me to believe that the girls were over-reacting

Callaway MD3 60 PM Grind
Toulon Memphis

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373949345' post='7462842']
[/quote]

I agree there is a pattern to the editing but I am not sure I want them to edit out Chad's comments to keep the results better hidden, simply because that is who he is. Of course they might have edited him down in the previous episodes, which would suck because there could have been so many LOLs to be had.

I might look at the show a bit differently, with the team format and the challenges it rarely results on the two worst players being in the elimination, to me the results are almost inconsequential

Callaway MD3 60 PM Grind
Toulon Memphis

Got to caddie for Brent once a few years back so pulling for him. Really good guy and great player. Funny thing was he never made a birdie that day, which is hard to believe for him. Oh, he did have 2 tap-in eagles though! I believe hit 9 iron to about 2 feet on a couple of 500 yard par fives. He's good friends with Kenny Perry and plays a lot of golf with him, from what I recall.

Pretty amazing the way he's played the elimination holes, which is a good sign of future success to do that under pressure.

During the elimination challenge, I am guessing they altered who they showed hit first on the last hole? Jay hit a shot inside the circle from about 70yds and then Matt had to hit the green but was near 100yds. Did they actually have Jay hit first even though he was closer or just editing to make it look more suspenseful?

Also, did anyone catch what they are going to air in October? Big Break: NFL They apparently are still going to have 2 people trying to get on tour (1 male/1 female) but they are accompanied by football players whom are playing for charities. Here is a link to the article I read [url="http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/big-break-nfl-features-football-legends/"]http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/big-break-nfl-features-football-legends/[/url]

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

Anyone who refers to themselves as "Chadwick" when missing a shot is clearly a tool. Brent is the best IMO, deserved his win last night in elimination, and probably deserves to win it all. Taylor on the other hand...Damn, what a fine lady. If she doesn't win, I think she has the game, personality, and of course, looks to be successful with golf. Whether on tour, in a marketing department, or even on the Golf Channel. I would marry her.

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1373989384' post='7465100']
During the elimination challenge, I am guessing they altered who they showed hit first on the last hole? Jay hit a shot inside the circle from about 70yds and then Matt had to hit the green but was near 100yds. Did they actually have Jay hit first even though he was closer or just editing to make it look more suspenseful?
[/quote]

I think they did have Jay play first since he looked back down the fairway and made a nice comment towards Matt. I forget what he said. I thought the same thing until he said something in Matt's direction after hitting.

Brent and Chad's elimination was a real let down after Brent / Liebelei.

Watching the end of their match I just kept thinking - man they should just call it off and let them both stay. Unfortunately Liebelei succumbed a bit to the pressure with her second shot on the final playoff hole but she still had a putt to tie. Brent was really behind the 8-ball there - clutch putting and wedge shot.

A couple of questions:

What's up with Brent sending every third tee shot off the planet? He's lucky the course they are playing does not seem to be very penal. Good for him for getting it up and down from off the planet though. His scrambling seems to be pretty good.

Also, is it just me or are all of the guys super reliant on spinning the ball back? Seems like they need to learn to put LESS spin on the ball. Relying on high spin to bring the ball back that far can be very dangerous. Seems like taking some spin off and getting the distance right would serve them well. I'm constantly amazed at the lack of distance control on Big Break.

[quote name='tsmithers' timestamp='1373991048' post='7465330']
[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1373989384' post='7465100']
[/quote]

I think they did have Jay play first since he looked back down the fairway and made a nice comment towards Matt. I forget what he said. I thought the same thing until he said something in Matt's direction after hitting.
[/quote]

I was confused by this too but the comment Jay said could have gone either way. He said, if I heard correctly 'No Pressure ____' (I missed the last word here and he def. didn't say Matt. I at first thought it was Matt's last name but he def. didn't say Galloway). He either said it as a respectful smack talk to Matt that many of us would said while in competitions with friends or the video had been altered and he was making a comment in jest that he hit a great shot with no pressure (that would assume because Matt hit the green they were done).

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='Shiram' timestamp='1373991292' post='7465362']
Brent and Chad's elimination was a real let down after Brent / Liebelei.

Watching the end of their match I just kept thinking - man they should just call it off and let them both stay. Unfortunately Liebelei succumbed a bit to the pressure with her second shot on the final playoff hole but she still had a putt to tie. Brent was really behind the 8-ball there - clutch putting and wedge shot.

A couple of questions:

What's up with Brent sending every third tee shot off the planet? He's lucky the course they are playing does not seem to be very penal. Good for him for getting it up and down from off the planet though. His scrambling seems to be pretty good.

Also, is it just me or are all of the guys super reliant on spinning the ball back? Seems like they need to learn to put LESS spin on the ball. Relying on high spin to bring the ball back that far can be very dangerous. Seems like taking some spin off and getting the distance right would serve them well. I'm constantly amazed at the lack of distance control on Big Break.
[/quote]

As for Brent I really can't figure out why he keeps hitting driver in a lot of these situations. I mean the fairways look huge, but, the way the points have been structured, especially in the last episode, why not bang a iron off the tee and get freebie points? Length may be a strength for him but control has put him in some situations.

I also agree with the spinning back comment. However, the greens do look like they are severely sloped in spots (which is consistent with every other P.B. Dye design) so I keep thinking they are playing towards a safer spot behind the pin and trying to use spin and a the slope to bring it close. It seems like most of the really great shots have been hit by bringing it back off a slope. It also seems like they continually play pins that either towards the middle or the front of the green. This would makes the spinning it back play almost safer because they aim for the middle of the green as opposed to a smaller landing area on the front. It's hard to really say if its the right play or not without knowing the course very well.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I believe Chad was a little over impressed with his own abilities. That boy had a swing like a rusty gate. He hits a crappy shot and blames it on a bad bounce. Then he hits an even crappier shot that takes an impossible bounce and lands beside the green and says its about time I got a good break. Here's a tip for ya big boy. Rarely does a ball take a bad bounce when it hits in the middle of the fairway.

there's an old saying that fits Chads attitude on the last show....Be careful what you wish for......You might get it.

If you could buy his game for what its worth and sell it for what Chad thinks its worth you make a pile of money.

Handicap 7.7